ADVERTISEMENT

A stat I'd be interested to see

Boilermaker03

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Team
Purdue
I would be curious to see if there was a stat that kept track of shot clock violations and which teams force the most.

Somebody tell me what my favorite team is good at!

My favorite team is good at getting boat raced but have at it OP!

I’d be willing to bet there are far more violations in the Big 10 due to pace of play not necessarily incredible defense. Hell half the teams don’t shoot until there is under 10 on the clock anyways and that’s on purpose.

I’d be willing to bet there are far more violations in the Big 10 due to pace of play not necessarily incredible defense. Hell half the teams don’t shoot until there is under 10 on the clock anyways and that’s on purpose.
I'll accept that as a possibility. However, the top of the B10 in that stat forced more out of conference than in.

I'll accept that as a possibility. However, the top of the B10 in that stat forced more out of conference than in.
What’s the OOC strength of a schedule look like? I’d expect more violations against worse teams. Makes sense doesn’t it?

What’s the OOC strength of a schedule look like? I’d expect more violations against worse teams. Makes sense doesn’t it?
Sure, however Purdue, for example, played 11 OOC games and Purdue forced 11 in the OOC. This included games vs:

Marquette
West Virginia
Gonzaga
Duke
Florida St
Davidson

Milwaukee
Austin Peay
New Orleans
Florida A&M

round out the rest of the OOC. Are you suggesting that Purdue only got that many because of poor OOC competition? Yes, some were bad, but you can't believe that they all came from those 4 teams at the bottom, right?

Yes I also understand that FL ST isn't good this year and Davidson doesn't have a good record. I put them above because FL St is a power conference team, and have actually played some people really tough, they just had a hard time closing out games. Davidson is above 150 in the metrics, which is better than several P5 teams.

Last edited:
Curios where these stats come from. Really hard to give too much credit without seeing what it looks like against other conferences. My hunch says 20 is fairly solid but I have no clue really.

It does seem like Kansas forces about 1 per game or close to it but I have nothing to back that up. I’d love to see all teams.

Curios where these stats come from. Really hard to give too much credit without seeing what it looks like against other conferences. My hunch says 20 is fairly solid but I have no clue really.

It does seem like Kansas forces about 1 per game or close to it but I have nothing to back that up. I’d love to see all teams.
I asked for the other P5 conferences. I'm hoping he's able to do it. Not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT