ADVERTISEMENT

A non-political “How YOU doin?” thread

So how YOU doing?

I’ve completely lost my desk, my chair, my printer and my window view to my wife so I work at the kitchen table now. I guess you could say the coronavirus is causing a lot of pain for me.
You survive today? The move in oil today was absolutely insane.

You survive today? The move in oil today was absolutely insane.
It was pretty crazy but I’m still working. I’ve got a little bit of hope for the rest of the year right now. More so than others atleast. I know a lot of people out of work right now and it seems like most of the entire industry who is still working has taken pretty substantial paycuts. At this point my biggest hope is the world comes back online this summer and prices creep back up to “normal” by the end of the year. I think we are going to see a hell of a rebound in all of this. Probably within 12 months as well. I’m talking about $80+ oil for a stretch. Some other hedge funds see a possibility for $100 oil. Gonna be a fun rollercoaster into 2022. Lol

Man, in my classroom now... they are rotating us in to help clean up. It is like Chernobyl... the kids stuff is still out, snacks are still in desks, random sweatshirts are still hanging on hooks, the schedule for Friday, March 13, is still written on the board... it's a bit creepy, to be honest.

@829305 If you wanna discuss what school is going to look like in the fall, we could do that here? I thought there was a covid in your town thread, but don’t see it, so maybe I’m going crazy:)

@829305 If you wanna discuss what school is going to look like in the fall, we could do that here? I thought there was a covid in your town thread, but don’t see it, so maybe I’m going crazy:)
There was. It’s out there.

We’ve approved A/B days. No Fridays (for kids). Masks required. Teachers can take them off while teaching from 10ft away or while sitting at their desks.

Looks like I’m going to be getting a comfy chair this year. ;)

Reactions: TheDude1
There was. It’s out there.

We’ve approved A/B days. No Fridays (for kids). Masks required. Teachers can take them off while teaching from 10ft away or while sitting at their desks.

Looks like I’m going to be getting a comfy chair this year. ;)

interesting... you’ve already made that call? Our superintendent has gone a bit nuts... pushing for 8:30-3:00, five days a week. Not sure what she’s thinking... I’ll post more later, just in the car:)

Reactions: 829305
interesting... you’ve already made that call? Our superintendent has gone a bit nuts... pushing for 8:30-3:00, five days a week. Not sure what she’s thinking... I’ll post more later, just in the car:)
Yeah. District next to us is pushing for regular school. It’s gonna be a mess.

Oh man... that's rough.

One of the first questions I asked was about legal liability of the district in case we have an outbreak that involves serious health consequences. The silence that met the question was DEAFENING.

Just got home but now jumping into meeting on scheduling... no idea what model to use. I'd think the NJ concerns would be way different than NC concerns?

Thought I would report back... after a three hour scheduling meeting yesterday, seems like we are doing this:

Kindergarten and grade 1 classes will be split into two cohorts. One cohort will come in the AM, then there will be a lunch break for the teachers and to disinfect the classroom, and then the second cohort. For the first graders there will be SOME online element, like homework.

For grades 2-6 against classes will be split, and then they will come in for nearly a full day in an A/B/virtual/A/B schedule, with the cohort that is not in session working virtually.

Intake in the morning will be a bit crazy... put forward the idea that the teachers will meet their cohorts in the AM and then do the temp checks ourselves... Otherwise not sure how to do it, we don’t have enough nurses... gotta stagger it a bit.

The big issue now is child care on off days and aftercare. I am pushing like hell to offer SOMETHING here... we’ve got to help the working parents out. One of the biggest issues is disinfecting before and after any program we offer... it takes time and money, you know? Part of it will have to be that parents work communally to offer child care... like, if there are two families where one has an at home parent that maybe that at home parent can pick up and watch the kids for a bit or something... it’s going to be rough:(

Lucky enough to have a powerful board member who is a doctor, so that is helping.

Southern Missouri. I cant imagine anyone not digging this place. They have all kinds of activities: golf, shooting, fishing, chick stuff......the grounds look next level. Gotta check out the pics

https://bigcedar.com/

Reactions: SNU0821
That looks legit. Is the water ever comfortably warm? So many places in the US that get zero attention.

Yeah? I mean, it ain’t the tropics, but it’s really, really nice. F’ing expensive, though, so it’s something you can’t do too often:(

Reactions: toonces11
How am I currently doing? Drank about 4 double titos and soda and 6 coors lights on the course last night----Currently lying to myself that I feel fine.

How am I currently doing? Drank about 4 double titos and soda and 6 coors lights on the course last night----Currently lying to myself that I feel fine.
You're in Kansas, right? How's the weather there?

I can get drunk af on the course as long as it isn't stupid hot or humid. Anything over 85 I'm reluctant to drink as fast and furious as normal.

You're in Kansas, right? How's the weather there?

I can get drunk af on the course as long as it isn't stupid hot or humid. Anything over 85 I'm reluctant to drink as fast and furious as normal.
Mid 90's. The best time is sunrise and sunset, otherwise you just melt. Its been humid AF so it makes it pretty uncomfortable, but I dont golf without cold beer, or fish, or mow.

ADVERTISEMENT