ADVERTISEMENT

A non-political “How YOU doin?” thread

Had to sign contract yesterday. They basically forced me to do it in person. They found out today that the guy we signed with with exposed. Therefore I’m exposed. Yeeeeehaw. Going to be a fun 2 weeks
No way. That's messed up. Can't believe they made you sign it during this time. I've had to sign multiple audit confirms on our financials over the last two weeks. They relaxed their signing requirements this year given what we're going through and accepted the electronic signature. That's seriously messed man. Hope you and the fam stay healthy.

Reactions: Hank_
No way. That's messed up. Can't believe they made you sign it during this time. I've had to sign multiple audit confirms on our financials over the last two weeks. They relaxed their signing requirements this year given what we're going through and accepted the electronic signature. That's seriously messed man. Hope you and the fam stay healthy.

It's ridiculous. It really is. Knew it was a bad idea going in. Attorney assured me he would be only one there and there would be nothing to worry about multiple times. He's an old guy too. I should've known better and pressed back.

Reactions: SNU0821
Can I ask... how are golf courses open? Is the idea that you are so far apart from people that it is okay?
Honestly, I am not sure but In conjunction with the Governor, our local golf association and many of us that run courses, we came up with a strict set of guidelines to allow us to be open. Just a few rules on that list are one person per cart, no general public allowed inside the building, pay over the phone only....) One of the bigger concerns is with the employees and the exposure to people. Once people are out on the course, it is really easy to stay a ways away from anyone you are golfing with. I am guessing with NY and Ma. having shut down their courses, we will be there soon enough, again.

Let's just call it like it is. Wealthy people golf. Not the poor's. That's why its allowed to be open.Winking
Eh, the course I work at is a public course. The majority of people who play here are blue collar. I do get your point and i think a big reason we are still open in Ct. is because our governor is a golfer and still wants to play at his course.

Reactions: I am stupid
Honestly, I am not sure but In conjunction with the Governor, our local golf association and many of us that run courses, we came up with a strict set of guidelines to allow us to be open. Just a few rules on that list are one person per cart, no general public allowed inside the building, pay over the phone only....) One of the bigger concerns is with the employees and the exposure to people. Once people are out on the course, it is really easy to stay a ways away from anyone you are golfing with. I am guessing with NY and Ma. having shut down their courses, we will be there soon enough, again.

all are implemented here except having to pay by phone; that’s a good idea . I won’t pay to play because of that.

Reactions: denniden
At our course we have at least 2 people at all times looking out for people who try and steal.
I can usually get someone on without charging my account if its group play----but our club was hurting before this virus---god knows how it will survive now. They priced out 40 and unders for to long....now they really offered incentives to join---which is why i gave in and joined back up. 110 new members in a month and a half. Now---everything is blown up.

Reactions: denniden
I can usually get someone on without charging my account if its group play----but our club was hurting before this virus---god knows how it will survive now. They priced out 40 and unders for to long....now they really offered incentives to join---which is why i gave in and joined back up. 110 new members in a month and a half. Now---everything is blown up.
That sucks! We turned a profit in March. We had never been profitable in March...ever. March is typically one of those months in New England that we lose money. (December, January and February also) So it was great to get off to a good start. If we do not get shut down, I think we will remain profitable in a business that was anything but prior to the mess going on right now.

Reactions: toonces11
Abbott, who developed a nearly instant corona test, is rolling it out in my home county. Yay?

Yeah, the course I usually play at has closed the shop and is only taking pay on the back deck. One person per cart and the range stations are about 15 feet apart. My wife isn't comfortable with me going right now so I'm honoring that. We'll see in a few weeks. Today I went out behind the HS baseball field and hit a bunch of balls into the woods.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Got curbside pickup yesterday from the grocery store. At first I thought the hoarding was a little funny but now it’s kind of pissing me off. This was the 2nd pickup in a row where I did not get any of the ribeyes, coffee, eggs, trash bags or Kleenex I added to the list. You have to make a pickup reservation about 8-10 days in advance too so it’s not like I can just go back up there tomorrow. It’s really aggravating. If we weren’t a month away from her due date I would be going up there and into the store but we are taking super extra precautions to keep her safe. We even disinfect the bags after pickup.

Some other stuff I thought was interesting... The guy who loaded up our car said they have roughly a 150 yard long line every morning across the parking lot before they open. I imagine folks start showing up over an hour before open. He implied that TP is usually hoarded first and good luck trying to get any after 10:00 AM. Is it like that where you guys live? I think because people and children are all at home now that’s only leading to the TP crisis we have. There must be millions of shits being taken at home now when they normally would be done at work/school.

Anyways, that may be a boring update but I only get out twice a week now for a grocery store/PO Box run so life is pretty boring. What’s it like where you guys are at? I think Midland has around 25 cases and 1 death while Odessa is around the exact same. Most of our cases seem to be people in their 20’s/30’s who traveled recently. I think that probably means people traveling to and from Houston or Dallas for work. It hasn’t really hit the elderly here yet.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Last few times I have went everything was in stock. Meat section was low, but still had everything. Still 0 confirmed cases in my county though.

Got curbside pickup yesterday from the grocery store. At first I thought the hoarding was a little funny but now it’s kind of pissing me off. This was the 2nd pickup in a row where I did not get any of the ribeyes, coffee, eggs, trash bags or Kleenex I added to the list. You have to make a pickup reservation about 8-10 days in advance too so it’s not like I can just go back up there tomorrow. It’s really aggravating. If we weren’t a month away from her due date I would be going up there and into the store but we are taking super extra precautions to keep her safe. We even disinfect the bags after pickup.

Some other stuff I thought was interesting... The guy who loaded up our car said they have roughly a 150 yard long line every morning across the parking lot before they open. I imagine folks start showing up over an hour before open. He implied that TP is usually hoarded first and good luck trying to get any after 10:00 AM. Is it like that where you guys live? I think because people and children are all at home now that’s only leading to the TP crisis we have. There must be millions of shits being taken at home now when they normally would be done at work/school.

Anyways, that may be a boring update but I only get out twice a week now for a grocery store/PO Box run so life is pretty boring. What’s it like where you guys are at? I think Midland has around 25 cases and 1 death while Odessa is around the exact same. Most of our cases seem to be people in their 20’s/30’s who traveled recently. I think that probably means people traveling to and from Houston or Dallas for work. It hasn’t really hit the elderly here yet.

You’re probably not much less likely to getting it with curbside pickup than going in with a mask and washing/sanitizing your hands after.

Just keep your distance and sanitize. The people getting it at stores are touching stuff then touching their face etc.

Reactions: schoonerwest
You’re probably not much less likely to getting it with curbside pickup than going in with a mask and washing/sanitizing your hands after.

Just keep your distance and sanitize. The people getting it at stores are touching stuff then touching their face etc.
I still go at 7 am (6-7am is for the elderly), wear mask and latex gloves. throw the gloves away before getting in the car. Disinfect the bags, put them away and wash my hands afterwards. Seems like a lot, but it's really not.

Been a bit sick lately. Heavy chest, bit of a cough, nastiest case of pink eye you’ve ever seen, totally exhausted. Suspect I’ve got a not-so-bad case of this thing. Got a meeting with a dr today at noon. Yay?

Been a bit sick lately. Heavy chest, bit of a cough, nastiest case of pink eye you’ve ever seen, totally exhausted. Suspect I’ve got a not-so-bad case of this thing. Got a meeting with a dr today at noon. Yay?
don't you get pink eye from poo in the eye? You been scratching ur butt?

I was about to like this post, but that wouldn't be cool. I'm sure you'll be fine. Plus, if you have immunity in the pandemic age, you can hook up with all the Grindr dates you want care free.

Reactions: TheDude1
You’ve probably got an STD from one of your male hooker friends

Honestly, I'm SHOCKED that I never got an STD. I was never good about wrapping it up.

don't you get pink eye from poo in the eye? You been scratching ur butt?

It's a recently-found sign of covid. Yay;)

And yeah, I think I'll be fine. Just wanna be careful, because my mom is 79 and my mother in law is in her 70s with severe lung issues and is totally immuno compromised.

Last edited:
Whelp, gotta go get my covid test in the AM. Yay? Does the first confirmed case on the forum get something for it? I feel like they should.

So I am now online at the local testing site for Northern New Jersey. It opened at 8 AM, so about five minutes ago. I had to drive past the entrance to get to the end of the line. It is the longest car line I’ve ever seen in my life… Maybe half a mile? 3/4 of a mile long? (Just googled it... .9 miles) Hard to judge. The entrance to the entire thing is pretty insane too... A bunch of police cars with lights, tons of personnel, and even a few Humvees. Very much out of a movie.

Well, it’s been an hour and 40 minutes, and I’m starting to come up towards the entrance. It looks like maybe 40 or 50 cars behind me the police have pulled in and maybe they’ve shut things down? Can’t tell. Of course my iPad died and my cell phone is running out of energy, because I feel like everything that runs out of battery in the three minutes.

Well, it’s been an hour and 40 minutes, and I’m starting to come up towards the entrance. It looks like maybe 40 or 50 cars behind me the police have pulled in and maybe they’ve shut things down? Can’t tell. Of course my iPad died and my cell phone is running out of energy, because I feel like everything that runs out of battery in the three minutes.
Why don't you have a charger in your car?

Reactions: JimboBBN
2 1/2 hours in, past the Humvees and the National Guard. I can see the tents way up ahead! they shut down the line about 50 cars behind me for real, which is kind of crazy that I got here before it even opened and people who got here just a little bit after me couldn’t of gotten in.

2 1/2 hours in, past the Humvees and the National Guard. I can see the tents way up ahead! they shut down the line about 50 cars behind me for real, which is kind of crazy that I got here before it even opened and people who got here just a little bit after me couldn’t of gotten in.
Thank you for burning gasoline in these trying times for the oil men of America. You’re a true hero to us.

Thank you for burning gasoline in these trying times for the oil men of America. You’re a true hero to us.

Dude, I was thinking about that…! You figure there are thousands of people being tested today? And if everyone sitting here for 2 to 3 hours… But I guess that idle cars don’t really burn that much.

Reactions: I am stupid
ADVERTISEMENT