ADVERTISEMENT

A non-political “How YOU doin?” thread

Have an uncle who was burnt pretty bad. Been in a burn center for a few weeks. They told us He would be in for 2-3 months. Welp, now he is getting out in the next day or two.

Rushing him out because he is very susceptible to the corona virus, with his damaged lungs. Said he would be safer at home.

So yeah.
What?

Been having some weird heart palpatations---again. Chest has been "uncomfortable for a few days. Not really pain---just, well, hurts---like a deep cold---Feels like hot water, or something. I dunno. Not that worried...Maybe a little. But scared as **** to go to the ER...

Been having some weird heart palpatations---again. Chest has been "uncomfortable for a few days. Not really pain---just, well, hurts---like a deep cold---Feels like hot water, or something. I dunno. Not that worried...Maybe a little. But scared as **** to go to the ER...
...due to the news they might give you? My wife would hit me over the head with a frying pan and drag me there if I went through what you've been through.

"what's this lump?", "oh he just hit is head fainting".

Dude. You don’t write off chest pain because of this.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Just go, and I'll go over my unexplained bruising(other off topic thread).

My appointment is on Friday, when's yours? We can share war stories.
No appointment....I've been through this before. Palpatations are just a little different. Stronger, so to speak. Been told---Not dangerous. But something is different. If it worsen's, I'll probably have wife take me(ER).

Edit: This discomfort in my chest hurts---but its like a chest cold hurt---Know what I mean. Like a deep pain. Nothing sharp. Just like a dull, pain.

No appointment....I've been through this before. Palpatations are just a little different. Stronger, so to speak. Been told---Not dangerous. But something is different. If it worsen's, I'll probably have wife take me(ER).

The jester in me want's to respond with famous last words and a yt video spirit in the sky, but come on.

It's not my day to keep up with you so have at it tough guy.

*say this to your wife and that Kentuckian will probably hit you over the head with a frying pan and swear she has no idea how it got there, "just focus on his innards"

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Borden, go to the doctor or hospital tomorrow. Just go. Wear a mask if you need to. Go. Better to be safe. Hell, even go now, you’ll be cleared in a few hours.

I'm cringing at the thought of a)waiting in line, b) news I might hear while there, but when I weigh out the +/- of dying, it becomes pretty clear.

I'd rather hold out and If it worsen's, I'll probably have wife take me(ER).

I'm making jokes but see how silly that sounds @IUfanBorden ?

*Also, no one here who has my number, share this post with my wife.

He lives with 3 people. Its easier to make sure they stay clean/away from him than all the nurses and whoever they may come in contact with. Plus, he is stable, so they may need all the space they can get in the next few weeks.

On your condition, its better to go sooner than later. Both for your health AND the corona virus going around. The longer you wait the longer it will be to get in and taken care of.

They’ve advised anyone who has been in NYC to self quarantine.

That is insane.

My family actually owns a building in Brooklyn... small place, like five apartments. First tenants have said that they are afraid they can’t pay rent, can we do something to help them out. They’ve been there for years. What a mess.

They’ve advised anyone who has been in NYC to self quarantine.

That is insane.

My family actually owns a building in Brooklyn... small place, like five apartments. First tenants have said that they are afraid they can’t pay rent, can we do something to help them out. They’ve been there for years. What a mess.
Florida has asked anybody from NY/CT/NJ to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. It seems like people around here want Texas to do the same to stop the infection from blowing up. Weird times, indeed.

Add Oklahoma to the places who have implemented a shelter in place order. 19 counties were mandated this with the remainder being left up to the majors of the county seats I presume.

I learned today a family down the road from me is quarantine due to their 17 year old daughter testing positive. Wife called and you know how wives are gossipers.

"do you know the family down the street?"

"which ones"

"the ones that drive the such and such car(she knows thats how I identify ppl), yeah, what about them"

"the whole family is quarteened."

I liked the first episode. I was expecting it to be about the whole murder for hire thing only but apparently they were already doing the documentary when that all went down. I would definitely recommend it.

You was right, it’s really good. I started watching last night and soon as I got home from work I finished it. Highly recommend!

I'm on record saying that I'm trying to stop giving out likes. I still do give them out but I eventually want to eliminate giving them out entirely. I already don't like anything on social media so I'm transferring that way of thinking to here.

It's not because I don't enjoy the stories or appreciate the humor. That's not the case at all. I enjoy everybody's content on here. I've just watched the trend in humanity this past decade to people overvaluing the likes they get. I see people's ideas get falsely inflated because they have 20-30 likes saying whatever it is they have to say. I mean, that's a LOT of people agreeing with you (most people's inner circle is HALF that) and in many cases it's pushing an agenda or a conspiracy. There's people on the mainboard that post outrageous things and they consistently get 12+ likes each time and they post stuff 3-6x an hour. It's kind of unsettling. I've literally watched these people go from lurkers that are afraid to speak up to them now having the most confidence of anybody on the board because they think they have so much approval. I don't know though. It's weird, that's all I can say.

There's also the other side where it triggers a false sense of gratification in people's brains that is not the same at all as doing a good deed for your neighbor (as an example). I've read how likes are rewiring how people present themselves and for the most part it is not a good thing. I don't like the idea of people using social media and the internet as a way to legitimize/validate themselves and their lives.

I guess I could just become much more selective in what I do like. I probably should like all of the positive stories and the humor as a way to show my appreciation. I'm not married to this idea of not liking anything so we'll see.
I wish I could edit who likes my post.I'm so tired of being remind of stupid shit. I get alerts, such and such like me, but it's likes for the lowest bidder.

The stupid among us are going to be the ones who draw this thing out for all of us.

The idea that it is only old or sick people who get this isn't correct... it is just more likely to be serious for them... and I think that initial lack of understanding has caused a problem because younger people who didn't understand they can get sick have been too careless and are now sick.

Opinion article from the WSJ. Hope they’re right.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-coronavirus-as-deadly-as-they-say-11585088464?emailToken=9dcc1d1aa6f24aab8f1e96590d3c33a8lybOzvsKhzDKUjUjNDdTh5iFJ9fUimRW3c9UTdQ4lecKtHDUE/oavsDCdVUNmdeLXts0bOgfgppKFHdEG4fT9t+fFtGLWodYrwhpVXla368=&reflink=article_copyURL_share

The epidemic started in China sometime in November or December. The first confirmed U.S. cases included a person who traveled from Wuhan on Jan. 15, and it is likely that the virus entered before that: Tens of thousands of people traveled from Wuhan to the U.S. in December. Existing evidence suggests that the virus is highly transmissible and that the number of infections doubles roughly every three days. An epidemic seed on Jan. 1 implies that by March 9 about six million people in the U.S. would have been infected. As of March 23, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 499 Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. If our surmise of six million cases is accurate, that’s a mortality rate of 0.01%, assuming a two week lag between infection and death. This is one-tenth of the flu mortality rate of 0.1%. Such a low death rate would be cause for optimism.”

“Next, the northeastern Italian town of Vò, near the provincial capital of Padua. On March 6, all 3,300 people of Vò were tested, and 90 were positive, a prevalence of 2.7%. Applying that prevalence to the whole province (population 955,000), which had 198 reported cases, suggests there were actually 26,000 infections at that time. That’s more than 130-fold the number of actual reported cases. Since Italy’s case fatality rate of 8% is estimated using the confirmed cases, the real fatality rate could in fact be closer to 0.06%.”

@IUfanBorden you still with us, man?
tenor.gif

Feeling okay?
Feel better. Wife still not happy. She's said if still irregular(heart) she's taking me(ER). I feel much better. I have moments. I thnk its just stress. Losin' a ton of $$$....

Any updates on what it’s like up there @TheDude1

Texas is making it mandatory for people from NYC to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. You guys have over 50% of all the known cases in America right now. I feel for you guys.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Any updates on what it’s like up there @TheDude1

Texas is making it mandatory for people from NYC to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. You guys have over 50% of all the known cases in America right now. I feel for you guys.

Not great. Thousands of new cases in NJ today, half of which are in my county. Really not great. Just staying hunkered down and hoping we can outlast the worst.

Feel for people in NYC region. Terrible situation.

I haven’t left my house in two weeks except to walk around the neighborhood with my dog. The days just bleed together. Entire company is locked out of office. Many zoom meetings. Many many zoom meetings.

As far as the virus, I’m inundated with contradicting reports and opinions to the point I don’t know what to believe. Convinced myself I had the virus a few days ago. Now wondering if it was entirely anxiety induced.

I think there is an element of over reaction in the country making it worse than it is, but also think lockdowns are totally warranted. Think it’s more likely things calm down in next month than the alternative. Hope so at least. Strange times.

Feel for people in NYC region. Terrible situation.

I haven’t left my house in two weeks except to walk around the neighborhood with my dog. The days just bleed together. Entire company is locked out of office. Many zoom meetings. Many many zoom meetings.

As far as the virus, I’m inundated with contradicting reports and opinions to the point I don’t know what to believe. Convinced myself I had the virus a few days ago. Now wondering if it was entirely anxiety induced.

I think there is an element of over reaction in the country making it worse than it is, but also think lockdowns are totally warranted. Think it’s more likely things calm down in next month than the alternative. Hope so at least. Strange times.
Strange indeed.

We are all going to be home for a while, and I don’t feel like wading through the political garbage when I just want to shoot the shit. So maybe we can do that here.

So, latest here... my buddy has made it to the front page of CNN. FFS.
So did the 8 people who watch that channel see it? :)

I was suppose to get laid off on Monday of next week. However our industry (golf) got a bit of a reprieve in Connecticut. We were shut down for 2 days earlier in the week (which was suppose to last indefinitely,) Meanwhile town/city run courses were allowed to stay open. Which was complete BS and the governor and his office certainly heard about it from the privately owned courses and their legal representation. We are open for now, but with the way the NYC area is growing in virus numbers, I am guessing it wont be long before we get shut down for a while, again.

I was suppose to get laid off on Monday of next week. However our industry (golf) got a bit of a reprieve in Connecticut. We were shut down for 2 days earlier in the week (which was suppose to last indefinitely,) Meanwhile town/city run courses were allowed to stay open. Which was complete BS and the governor and his office certainly heard about it from the privately owned courses and their legal representation. We are open for now, but with the way the NYC area is growing in virus numbers, I am guessing it wont be long before we get shut down for a while, again.
Our club is still open-no inside dining or clubhouse privileges right now.....stay at home order goes into effect on Monday---which probably means no carts at best and at worst they shut it down. Right now its one per cart and they sanitize everything--flags stay in--risers inside of cups for less multiple person contact.

Reactions: denniden
Our club is still open-no inside dining or clubhouse privileges right now.....stay at home order goes into effect on Monday---which probably means no carts at best and at worst they shut it down. Right now its one per cart and they sanitize everything--flags stay in--risers inside of cups for less multiple person contact.
Yeah, we have done all of those things. In fact most of us were doing those things long before the state decided they should be required. Yeah, it is like a ghost town in the club house and bar right now. Only 3 people are allowed in the building, the director(me), GM and head pro.

I was able to play for the first time since we raised the cups and have had the "social distancing" rules in effect and I have to say that I really like it. Pace of play got so much better at our course. It used to be 4 1/2 sometimes 5 hours to play 18. We are consistency getting rounds in a little over 3 hours now.

I am thankful that we were allowed to open back up. So many people in CT have been shut down and it is rough out here in that regard. Now we have NYC and that mess to worry about coming up here. Which it is doing at a quick rate. I am guessing it is only a matter of time before we get shut down again.

Get out and play some rounds and enjoy it toonces!!

Reactions: toonces11
Yeah, we have done all of those things. In fact most of us were doing those things long before the state decided they should be required. Yeah, it is like a ghost town in the club house and bar right now. Only 3 people are allowed in the building, the director(me), GM and head pro.

I was able to play for the first time since we raised the cups and have had the "social distancing" rules in effect and I have to say that I really like it. Pace of play got so much better at our course. It used to be 4 1/2 sometimes 5 hours to play 18. We are consistency getting rounds in a little over 3 hours now.

I am thankful that we were allowed to open back up. So many people in CT have been shut down and it is rough out here in that regard. Now we have NYC and that mess to worry about coming up here. Which it is doing at a quick rate. I am guessing it is only a matter of time before we get shut down again.

Get out and play some rounds and enjoy it toonces!!
The only thing in danger when I play is the rough!

Our muni courses closed but the privately owned onesare open. I played last weekend but told the wife I wouldn't this weekend as we are trying to legit stay at home now. Hopefully next Saturday I'll play. We'll see I guess. When I played last Saturday I brought Lysol and wipes and made sure the cart was wiped clean.

I ordered the Cobra F9 Speedback driver with an Atmos 74 gram S shaft and absolutely loved it when I played with it last weekend. I didn't mess with the weights or adjust it or even hit the range. Just straight out of the box and hit almost every fairway with it.

Reactions: denniden
If the new would stop reporting every "new" case, as if its Armageddon----things wouldn't quite be as----well, bad. The "new" cases aren't always new. Or an indication that the disease is rampantly spreading. But they are reported in such a manner of horror. I agree the lockdowns are needed as well. But to the extent they are? Meh--not so sure.
Certainly weird times we are experiencing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT