A Mod can't handle the UCFacts - Which everyone wants to discuss

Discussion in 'College Baseball Clubhouse' started by UCFhonors, Oct 7, 2018.

?

Will UCF host the ESP5N Cartel’s College Gameday this year?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    73.6%
  3. Idk, I’m a tshirt bandwagoner

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. I’m an Uncle Rico who remembers cfb before College Gameday

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It wasn't a letter signed from my Mom. It was evidence they're partnered with the ACC. I don't work for the ACC and you're wanting certification. I don't have it. They're part of the ACC paradigm. That's why I mentioned them.

2. IrishBlooded

IrishBlooded Moderator
    Expand Collapse

No. They aren't. The only part of the ACC they have is the bowl bid and the agreement to average so many games a year.

They don't play into standing or conference championship. ND is still indy.

3. LO6IC

LO6IC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yet we need 10 threads about how Nick Saban is our lord and savior or how we’d let Tua give our significant others an Alabama hot pocket?

septimusgreen, UCFhonors and aladrew like this.
  4. 285exp

285exp Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Finally, this thread is moved to where it should be.

nickynooch and SnoopHawg like this.
  5. SignalBama

SignalBama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Don't pass a mirror that often eh ?

SnoopHawg, 285exp and Skyhawk48 like this.
  6. SignalBama

SignalBama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No we don't need that many of those either. That is why those were merged a week ago.

7. bullg8r52

bullg8r52 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The UCFraud temper tantrum thread got moved to the baseball forum?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

nickynooch, SnoopHawg and Skyhawk48 like this.
  8. maxpower024

maxpower024 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I like CFB in spite of not because of its postseason. The connection to my alma mater is what makes the sport special to me.

Competition and merit based achievement are a big part of what I enjoy about sports so the lack of them in CFB really detracts from the sport imo.

UCFhonors likes this.
  9. SCKnight

SCKnight Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Um, I posted a thread about some really nice jerseys. Not sure how that relates, but sounds like some rustling for sure

UCFhonors and LO6IC like this.
  10. DawginSC

DawginSC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if I agree. I have no interest in basketball until the tournament. I watch every game of the football season. I kind of think the exclusivity of the post season and the argument about who takes part is a big reason for that.

ALMDawgfan likes this.
  11. UCFhonors

UCFhonors Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You're one of the biggest snowflakes who can't handle the UCFacts

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

12. ALMDawgfan

ALMDawgfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I do not have to know how hard you worked to pile up useless data that does not amount to a hill of beans because your setting nonmember, nonvested, schools as having merit they have no claim on. Period.

It IS your opinion that said Data somehow equates to a sound claim on another's holdings. That is a totally bogus position, and as such, is not defensible...

Your party continues to allude to the NFL etc. in comparisons which do not apply... When Cities, analogous to your selection of schools, wanted "IN" and were refused they started their own leagues to compete. The G-5s can divorce themselves from the P-5s and start their own play offs. It would be all theirs and they could make the rules....

I know I seem harsh toward you but it is not my intent to do so. You keep acting as if G-5s have standing which they do not have. To date they are simply maintenance(d) by the P-5s to provide fodder for more revenue enhancing home dates... It works well for both sides insofar as a financial agreement.... The disagreement comes when a jumped up glitzy mistress wants to be on par with a member of the family....

13. ALMDawgfan

ALMDawgfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

There is plenty of competition in the season with upsets happening fairly often.... It isn't lack of competition souring things for Max & Co....

bullg8r52 likes this.
  14. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

The data being useless might be open to interpretation but before we go further I did this without knowing what the results were. I'm not really pushing any agenda. It wasn't my idea, after all, to initiate an alternative format I was attempting to, and was largely successful in doing it. Keeping the BCS as the operative. Why? Because its a part of the college football construct, maybe since day#1. Seriously.

I know this isn't necessarily tour position, but what does a playoff (CFP could be easily modified to include 8 teams in a playoff) offer? Better pairings? Greater interest? I just posted data (again I'm taking data from another source and simply reposting it). CFP is a better format? Greater interest? More participation? My figures say the BCS had a greater following. At least the ratings. But I will be fair in how I attribute that to the paradigm of a playoff, itself. Bowls and playoffs really aren't compatible. We have to choose. Which is fine. If people choose a playoff I guess I'm ok with that but lets be careful how its administered. My data (research) says on average, fewer people follow CFP, admittedly that's reflective of the format which comparatively has greater participation so lets call it a draw. Fair, IMO.

Similarly I don't see greater fan interest in the championship initially there was. It seems now to approximate what the BCS had. What I found most interesting. And this is all in a post I recently finished. 30% greater support for the BCS, again from the vantage point of audience (ratings) 30%!

Yet the arguments leading up to a revised format were greater interest. Greater participation. A better result. More revenue.
    Without going into too much detail there likely are more people invested in CFP, but its also significantly more expensive. Any gain of revenue is effectively countered by the additional expense. BCS actually made a small profit, nobody was getting rich off the BCS. But it was the most economically fair and least expensive. Cost $150 million. I think it turned a fair profit if about $150 million. CFP costs $600 million (obviously four times the expense) and breaks even.

Those things tell ME the BCS was the better logistic and that's something I tried to warn people about, but to be fair we really haven't yet invested in a playoff. All we really did was expand what was the BCS to include 2 additional teams (12) and include a second championship game. Which apparently was costly. My guess would be that ESPN is holding out for a playoff. CFP isn't a playoff.

Excellent point. I actually discovered holdings are still or at least were still administered under BCS licensing. In effect those revenues are still in the same name, although I don't doubt they're likely called CFP as a result of the name change. They have the same licensing and likely are administered by the same fellowship. Which ties into what I said about CFP, a variation to what was the BCS. Including a few more teams and I think two more bowl pairings suggests a more costly but also more lucrative franchise. But less cost effective.
    In fact significantly less cost effective. But that road has been crossed. If CFP were to expand to eight teams there wouldn't be any additional cost by doing so. Should that happen it wouldn't add a dime to the overhead. We would all be paying the same.

But before we move in the cost fit the BVS was something like $125 million over four years! Insanely economical. It became $600 million a year or $7.2 billion over 12 years for CFP for reasons I don't follow other than that the agreement warranted that cost.
    So, cimaritively we are talking 125× 3 = $375 million against $7.2 billion. Or an increase in cost if the order if: 7,200 / 375 = 19.2. That seems high. Lets ballpark it (expense) at 400 million relative to the 7.2 billion. That's still 18 times! What we were paying before.
    I'm not sure what contributed to the cost. Even with the greater revenue (lets ball park it at a four times increase in revenue) that's 18/4 = 4.5 more costly relative to profit. Again that's probably too high an approximation, lets just say its 4 times the expense, for what? One additional game?
    Anyway the expense might be justified if 8 teams were admitted to the championship and that's still an option for future years.

I suppose they could divorce themselves from Division I which as I remember was an idea Nick Saban toyed with suggesting an all P-5 division he called Division IV be implemented but to what end?
    So I guess I have to say that's not a realistic venture. Capital requires G-5 inclusion and I discovered they're only being paid (comoensated) to the level they compete. And there's a federal law prohibiting exclusion based upon an assumption of inferiority. They're meeting the eligibility requirement. They aren't exceeding it and they're being compensated fairly. So what exactly are you suggesting is being done incorrectly? Someones holding out? Who?
    And that substantial increase in expense would appear to be benefiting existing P-5 conferences to a measure actually exceeding their level if prificiency.
    I addressed that discrepancy. 80/20 is the modal, that's the measure to which P-5 is profiting, but that doesn't include expense.
    My preliminary findings show expense requires a greater influx if capital to offset.
    Therefore P-5 is compensated appropriate.
    FCS is excluded but is getting subsidized by CFP. The modal is therefore fair. It seems fair. I hope I'm clear there doesn't appear to be any malfucience applied against CFP revenues in fact all seems to be in order. Making it a lucrative business venture for all parties, as best as I'm able to ascertain.

The only standing Im familiar with is the one they share through CFP.

Glad you brought that up actually, that's not a fair statement. Yes G-5 are compensated I think its of the order of $750,000 per pairing but might approach $1,000,000. But that's actually money G-5 earned. Remember how the cost favored P-5 10% additional over performance? That's shared revenue that G-5 gets back by admitting to P-5 terms. It isn't lost or wasted. In fact its used prodigiously. It should be further evidence to why CFP at least to this point in time is a fair motive to apply, G-5 does contribute a full measure if the proceeds and it would reduce the payout the measure to which they contribute if they were removed from the pricesss itself. 20%.

15. SnoopHawg

SnoopHawg Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

TLDNR

16. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

STFU. I get so tired of this nonsense. I read your bullshit and didn't learn a goddamn thing. Big surprise there. Remain an ignorant dickwad. That should impress a lot of people. It sure does me! I didn't learn a ducking thing in school because I'm too goddamn lazy to read anything beyond a sentence, that's going to make a lot of people happy. Remain a putz. Then brag about not knowing anything of consequence. In sure that will impress.

17. SnoopHawg

SnoopHawg Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I read stuff that interests me. I have 1000 page history books at home. But your relative statistics bores the shit out of everyone. You can take numbers and twist them to make them mean anything you want. Thats what makes them relative.

18. DeputyDodge

DeputyDodge Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Moving this thread is some low down dirty bullshit. Just wanted to weigh in and speak my mind.

UCFhonors likes this.
  19. UCFhonors

UCFhonors Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree.

Merging 2 weeks worth of college football threads together was worse, IMO. One mod did the merge. Another mod moved this merged thread here, claiming that it was to protect the posts from being deleted permanently.

So low and so dirty.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

20. septimusgreen

septimusgreen Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The baseball board needs more love.