A Mod can't handle the UCFacts - Which everyone wants to discuss

Discussion in 'College Baseball Clubhouse' started by UCFhonors, Oct 7, 2018.

?

Will UCF host the ESP5N Cartel’s College Gameday this year?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    73.6%
  3. Idk, I’m a tshirt bandwagoner

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. I’m an Uncle Rico who remembers cfb before College Gameday

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. UCFhonors

UCFhonors Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I might actually do just that.

Many UCFans are motivated to go up to Jacksonville.

[​IMG]

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

tiger3232 and LO6IC like this.
  2. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm not concerned about nor do I expect P5 teams share revenue they generate from their own conference deals. My point is that I don't think they could get away with adopting objective competition rules that would clearly treat G5 teams differently and eliminate them from contention beyond the slimmest possibilities. The committee format gives them cover and allows them to treat G5 teams the same way as rigged rules with the pretense of fairness.

3. DawginSC

DawginSC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, we've never had one for P5 college football then. If you are so bent out of shape about it, drop down to FCS where the NCAA puts on a playoff.

4. ALADAMYA

ALADAMYA Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

5. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

They absolutely could legally. If you mean they'd somehow look bad in the court of public opinion... perhaps.

The G5 schools get a total of 120 million dollars a year from the playoff to accept the fact they aren't going to get in the playoff and provide the cover your'e talking about. 2 million dollars per team.

But if they protest, they won't get a shot. The P5 schools will just take the money back and run football completely outside the NCAA where the G5 schools are simply not allowed to take part because they aren't members of the new organization.

More than likely, the NCAA will create a new division for the P5's in order to keep their membership. The fact is they can't force the schools to remain members of the NCAA. If they make it so the P5's don't want to remain in the NCAA... they can leave.

6. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

So when they create their own classification, will they still get seven home games and which P5 members will become the new subgroup?

7. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I didn't say anything about UCF. As far as what the demographics would be we could simply compare ratings from games that include a G-5. As far as FCS goes, if you understand the format, we'd mostly simply be including the championship (a game already scheduled) so ratings would only be an issue for the ensuing game (a semi-final pairing). I can't tell you what the ratings would be for a game that's yet to be played. But we can infer from previous BCS pairings (unless I'm mistaken the only game I remember pairing two G-5's the Fiesta Bowl) actually got a respectable rating. Surprising since it was a rematch from the previous year's Poinsettia Bowl. But the ratings were fair. If you want I'll give the ratings from both games for comparison purposes. As far as a semi-final pairing goes, I remember when the semi-final was introduced they drew a 10. Might not sound that important but for the Orange that was twice what the previous year's pairing drew (a BCS pairing). My point being, would appear a semi-final might draw a disproportionate large viewing audience although I'm basing that solely upon my memory. I remember the Sugar Bowl between Hawaii and Georgia drew a 7 rating. The Holiday between BYU and MIchigan (surprisingly, in my opinion) drew an 8!

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but those are things I remember. And, while you might be correct as far as the audience SHARE, less people likely will follow a championship, as they would have (and frankly did) when TCU played Boise St (it effectively was a G-5 championship game) so we can use it for comparision purposes, if you don't mind I'll do that and compare it directly against the Rose (Texas vs. Alabama) national championship and see how they compare!!!!!

College Football Championship TV Ratings, 1991-2008
    TV BY THE NUMBERSJANUARY 8, 2009
    [​IMG]

I should have had this up long in advance of Thursday’s 2009 BCS game, but better late than never. The college football championship game ratings have been remarkably consistent compared to other big sports championship. Depending on when you read this, you’ve still got a chance to guess at this years numbers before the ratings for Thursday’s game are available on Friday. I will update this chart when the final numbers are in for 2009.

Complete College Football Championship TV Ratings, 1991-2008:

Year Bowl Network Rating Share Homes (million) Viewers (million) Teams
    2008 BCS FOX 14.4 22 16.291 23.069 LSU vs. Ohio State
    2007 BCS FOX 17.4 27 19.378 28.795 Florida vs. Ohio State
    2006 Rose ABC 21.7 35 23.928 35.630 Texas vs. USC
    2005 Orange ABC 13.7 22 14.996 21.419 USC vs. Oklahoma
    2004 Sugar ABC 14.8 23 16.047 23.937 LSU vs. Oklahoma
    2003 Fiesta ABC 17.2 29 18.385 29.104 Ohio State vs. Miami
    2002 Rose ABC 13.8 22 14.548 21.559 Miami (Florida) vs Nebraska
    2001 Orange ABC 17.8 28 18.200 27.240 Oklahoma vs. Florida State
    2000 Sugar ABC 17.5 28 17.680 26.962 Florida State vs Virginia Tech
    1999 Fiesta ABC 17.2 26 17.081 26.112 Tennessee vs Florida State
    1998 Rose ABC 17.6 32 17.294 28.989 Michigan vs Washington State
    1997 Sugar ABC 17.9 29 17.330 25.735 Florida vs Florida State
    1996 Fiesta CBS 18.8 31 18.030 27.883 Nebraska vs Florida
    1995 Orange NBC 18.9 31 18.031 30.000 Nebraska vs Miami (Florida)
    1994 Orange NBC 17.8 31 16.768 28.814 Florida State vs Nebraska
    1993 Sugar ABC 18.2 31 16.940 30.136 Alabama vs Miami (Florida)
    1992 Orange NBC 11.0 18 10.130 16.591 Miami (Florida) vs Nebraska
    1991 Orange NBC 18.3 30 17.040 29.600 Colorado vs Notre Dame

ESPN Scores Big Ratings As Alabama Crowned College Football Champ
    [​IMG]
    by Dominic Patten

[​IMG]

To paraphrase LL Cool J, don’t call last night’s College Football Playoff National Championship game a comeback for the Alabama Crimson Tide — turns out they never went away.

Pushing through a 13-point halftime deficit against their SEC rival Georgia Bulldogs, coach Nick Saban’s team dramatically forced overtime and eventually scored a 26-23 victory. After losing in the national title game to Clemson last year on the final play, Monday’s victory clinched the Tide’s 17th national title and the sixth in nine years for Saban, who now is tied with former Alabama coach Bear Bryant for the most Division I college football championships ever. It is also Saban’s second championship win since the new playoff system was installed.
    With a 16.7 in metered market results across its main channel, ESPN2 and ESPNU, ESPN shattered the double-digit ratings declines that has hit the NFL this season. To add further context there were no national anthem protests on the field at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium last night and President Donald Trump was in the house — at least for the first half, when it looked like the host Bulldogs had it.

Last night’s primetime game is up 9% in the early ratings over the Clemson-Alabama battle of last year. That January 9, 2017, title matchup saw the Tigers win 35-31, drawing an 8.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 24.42 million viewers.

As it stands, last night’s game in the second-best metered market result of the College Football Playoff era, with only the 2015 Ohio State-Oregon matchup topping it. That 42-20 win for the Buckeyes drew a massive 18.8 rating over the trio of ESPN nets.

Clearly winning the night Monday in both broadcast and cable, ESPN itself had a 16.0 metered market result for the championship game – a rise of 8% from its solo rating of 2017.

And by the way:

Nick Saban now has more national titles than all other active FBS coaches ... combined.

1407 collegefbfan2017, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Skyhawk48 likes this.
  8. maxpower024

maxpower024 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Maintaining standards would be defining those standards by rule and applying them based on performance.

The real difference is the powers that be want playoff berths handed to their programs rather than earning them on the field.

9. maxpower024

maxpower024 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Obviously. Just don't pretend that the result is a legitimate championship or the process is determined by athletic competition.

10. 8085sooner

8085sooner Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Outside of about 40 posters, both for and against, nobody gives a shit about UCF. Look at the other boards, look at College Football media, look at social media.

UCF is just a side note in the College Football landscape. That silly little team that every once in awhile, says something stupid that nobody cares about.

11. Skyhawk48

Skyhawk48 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I kept my promise to ODD and Nod with honor and integrity which Nod commented to as such.

As for the rest you have been proven to be a total stranger to the truth repeatedly. I do not have dealings with overt liars.

RTR...USN (ret) likes this.
  12. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

They play hockey only because that's the only choice they have. Tha'ts not evidence refuting that they're partnered with the ACC. They are in the ACC. Maybe they're not given the same status as another team that's 9/9 (or whatever metric they apply which is a little confusing given that N. Dame actually counts against the schedule). You're going to lose this argument. They're part of the ACC. JoeL Klatt made reference to it a few years back. When they were in the hunt he asked why they weren't simply in the ACC?

13. IrishBlooded

IrishBlooded Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Find me a listing showing ND football is in the ACC.

I'll wait here

14. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

ACC commish: Notre Dame joining league as full member 'not a point of discussion'
    Updated Jul 13, 2017; Posted Jul 13, 2017
    [​IMG]
    ACC Commissioner John Swofford speaks to the media during the Atlantic Coast Conference NCAA college football media day in Charlotte, N.C., Thursday, July 13, 2017. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton)

Notre Dame is entering its fourth year as a quasi-member of the ACC in football, playing five games per year against league teams while still maintaining its independent status.

It's a good bet the status quo will remain in place for the foreseeable future. ACC commissioner John Swofford said Thursday that the idea of Notre Dame joining the conference as a full member is "not a point of discussion" between the league and the school.

"From a conference perspective - and I think Notre Dame would say the same thing, and they have said the same thing to me - this has met every expectation that we had as a conference," Swofford said on the opening day of ACC Media Days in Charlotte. "I think it's met every expectation that Notre Dame has had. I think it's been positive for Notre Dame. I think it's been positive for the ACC. That's what we thought it would be. That's what it is.

"There wasn't an expectation that at some point in time Notre Dame would ask for full membership in football. That is not a point of discussion at this given point in time. Obviously, if Notre Dame reached the point where they wanted to have that discussion, we would readily sit down and speak with them about that."

Notre Dame is eligible for a spot in the College Football Playoff, though it's up for debate whether not being in a conference would cost the Fighting Irish were it in serious contention late in the season. Nevertheless, Swofford said both the ACC and Notre Dame are pleased with the current arrangement.

Notre Dame began its with the ACC agreement in 2014, a 12-year deal through 2025. Following the creation of the ACC Network, the league's grant-in-rights with Notre Dame was extended through 2037, meaning that if the Fighting Irish looked to join a conference other than the ACC, the ACC would still hold Notre Dame's broadcasting rights.

"If Notre Dame joins a conference between now and 2035-36 in football, it will be the Atlantic Coast Conference," Swofford said. "I don't anticipate that happening tomorrow while you're still here.

"It's working extremely well. As I said, if we reach a point where that's to be discussed, then we would be ready to discuss that. Notre Dame knows that. You know, we have - we're very close to Notre Dame. We treat them as a full member. I think they feel like a full member by and large. But the one difference is football and football postseason, particularly from a playoff standpoint."

Notre Dame is a full member of the ACC in all sports except football. The Fighting Irish will play five football games against ACC teams this season, including Boston College, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Wake Forest and Miami.

Notre Dame also has a contract through 2025 with NBC, which broadcasts all Notre Dame home games as it has since 1991.

UCFhonors likes this.
  15. bullg8r52

bullg8r52 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Legitimate rules would almost certainly exclude G5 teams in a 4 team playoff.

BTW, lots and lots and lots of "moving the goal posts" with no examples. I know it sounds cute but think it is bullshit. If the goalposts are being moved, it is probably to screw over one P5 to the benefit of another P5 and has nothing to do with G5. But what the hell, give some examples of the goalposts being moved.

Skyhawk48 likes this.
  16. Perpetual Burn555

Perpetual Burn555 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The Cartel has spoken... UCF is already officially eliminated... USF, aswell...

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../eliminator-unbeaten-ucf-two-loss-texas-alive

Better Luck Next Season

UCF Knights

Let's be real, despite a nation-leading 20 straight wins, it's not happening. The Knights play just one Power 5 opponent this season. Memphis, the team they beat 31-30 in Week 7, lost Saturday by 32 at Missouri. The list goes on. Take aim at another New Year's Six bowl.

South Florida Bulls

Same conference, same story. The Bulls actually boast two Power 5 wins, but neither will do a thing to impress the committee. A Nov. 23 home date with UCF looms again as massive, but USF might not escape unscathed from Houston this week.

Skyhawk48 likes this.
  17. tiger3232

tiger3232 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That's UCFantastic, we expect up to date thread details on the events of Saturday :D.

UCFhonors likes this.
  18. bullg8r52

bullg8r52 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

19. 8085sooner

8085sooner Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Nope!

OU has 14 undefeated season and only 7 NC

ALMDawgfan likes this.
  20. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Again, and I'm not talking lipsmsck, the basis from which a NC is inferred (even with the format its still only a measure of a championship) requires investigation.
    I did the math, its 70/30 favoring P-5. That's factual. Its relevant. Its fair, its accurate. I'm not sure what we are discussing. That's 7/3.
    FWIW that includes FCS .Lets separate FCS from the paradigm of what defines a NC.
    Now, its (after separating the 10% FCS brings into two partitions) 3/1 favoring P-5.
    That isn't the moon. 3/1 says a G-5 qualifies every year. One should be admitted every year. Simple as that. End of discussion really. We can keep arguing it but what goid will follow? A G-5 therefore qualifies. I dint care if people don't like it. They merit inclusion. They should be included.

21. Zgeo

Zgeo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

How many pages before this crap goes away?

22. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

More proof that the Cartel is real.

"You'll notice American Conference unbeatens UCF and USF were discarded this year, even ahead of the initial rankings release on Tuesday. Plain and simple, they're not getting in. Not this year and likely not ever in a four-team configuration."

The Cartel has to be killed. And the UCF Knights by the slayers of this evil monster.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

23. ALMDawgfan

ALMDawgfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Nope. Nice try though. The Standard as it has been enacted is P-5. They earn them by being a member of the P-5's Conferences...... It is not "handed" to them because it is theirs. The G-5s want the hand out... You know this because you know the P-5 owns the Playoff as they owned the BCS and other stuff way back....

The G-5s only get into some Bowls with some P-5s because the Bowls own themselves and can get who they want after a fashion. As all the P-5s are the top draws they have the muscle for their self selected members to determine where folks go and direct the traffic in the end of the year competition "Pageant". Their call is the standard. Maintaining their standard as they see it is their place to do so.

285exp likes this.
  24. 285exp

285exp Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No, they don’t want a shot at a real title. They know, deep down, that they’d get their asses handed to them in the playoff, and this way they get to claim their cute Colley National Championship and bark like Pomeranians at a Doberman through a chain link fence, knowing they won’t have to back it up.

What I really want for Christmas is for Alabama to make the playoff and play UCF. They’d find us slightly tougher than Memphis.

Skyhawk48 and ALMDawgfan like this.
  25. ALMDawgfan

ALMDawgfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That is your opinion. Glad you have it. As far as having any merit toward bearing on anything that decides anything it is worth what it cost.

285exp likes this.
  26. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I'ts not an opinion! You don't know how hard I worked to initiate an investigation relative to that result. I'm not guessing. That's what it is. 70/30.
    That's the division (proficiency) between P-5 against (G-5/FCS). 70/30. I determine (some time ago, actually) the relative proficiency of FCS to be 5%.

That's actually "shared" among the two FBS divisions. (FCS is twice as large as either P-5 (65) or G-5 (6-5)). Therefore the 5% "gratuity" is applied twice.

Or, 75% to 25% obviously favoring the P-5 paradigm. 3/1 obviously. That's it.
    That's the measure to which P-5/G-5 compare. If you think by utilizing that method (giving both sides a full measure of FCS) gives one an advantage you're simply WRONG. 70/30 is the measure to which P-5 compares to the lot. So 75/25 simply gives again a "fair" rendering of what the process is.

If that's not sufficient then I'll simply remind everyone that G-5 wins 20% of their games against P-5 competition. You can look that up if you don't believe it. 20%. Same as before. The 5% FCS earns is specific to P-5 therefore it's actually twice as large (10%) for the FBS subdivision. Again 70/30 (or if you prefer) 70/20/10 (P-5/G-5/FCS). Make of it whatever you think suits you.

FCS obviously is excluded. I can fairly separate FCS by taking their 10% and applying it (equally) between the two subsets, which results in 75/25.

If 75/25 isn't 3/1 someone clue me into what it is. With 4 "at large" seats, that allows for 3 P-5 to 1 G-5. That's a fair separation of powers. I guess we can debate it further but I wasn't doing it to prove anything at all. That's simply where it rests. Relative to payout P-5 enjoys a 80/20 (0 for FCS) division, but proceeds are further divided among the participating teams.

In other words, a more precise rendering of assets effectively follows the same logistic as performance. 70/20/10 (maybe not to the letter, but I did a fairly comprehensive analysis and was surprised to learn that's pretty close). So it isn't just performance that follows that paradigm also payout.

27. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

28. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Legitimate rules will tell G5 teams what it takes to make playoffs. The problem is that many think rules are supposed to automatically validate everyone's idea about the best team when it is not about that. Furthermore, plenty of P5 teams have made the top four with 0-2 ranked wins. Yet everyone acts like they are all playing 5-6 while G5 teams might play one. The schedule gap is not as great as people believe.

29. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

It's still fairly substantial. 3/1 by my method. Which gives P-5 an advantage, but should allow a G-5 admittance when circumstances allow for it. Which should be applied practically every year, notwithstading SOS. Because that's including SOS. It isn't discriminatory. It should include a G-5.

But schedule does favor P-5 by the measure I just outlined. 3/1 effectively. Although that's an approximation it does give fair credence to schedule. And it should give priority status to P-5 without putting G-5 behind the proverbial 8.

30. SCKnight

SCKnight Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

UCFhonors likes this.
  31. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

These are so sweet!!!

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

32. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

They'll still be able to offer to play money games. The G5's will just be the new FCS.

33. Highwayman19

Highwayman19 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

UCFinalFrontier!

UCFhonors likes this.
  34. IrishBlooded

IrishBlooded Moderator
    Expand Collapse

That isn't from the ACC or ND. That is no different than quoting yourself from earlier using graphics.

Let me put this better. Find anything from the ACC or from ND stating otherwise.

35. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

A+ post.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

36. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

College football at the top level has never had what you would consider a "legitimate" championship. You're here talking about it. I'm a fan of it. I honestly am not sure why I would care. I like it more than any other sport with that set up. Maybe that's a good thing.

37. BStowers023

BStowers023 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Sending a message to the playoff committee?

Letting UCF in will be one small step for man, one giant leap for CFP?

38. LO6IC

LO6IC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow another merge. Some mod must have really gotten his jimmies rustled.

UCFhonors likes this.
  39. SignalBama

SignalBama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Doubtful. We don't need 10 threads saying the same thing but worded slightly differently.

Skyhawk48, 285exp and nickynooch like this.
  40. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

This is the most beta thing I have ever seen.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

LO6IC likes this.