A Mod can't handle the UCFacts - Which everyone wants to discuss

Discussion in 'College Baseball Clubhouse' started by UCFhonors, Oct 7, 2018.

?

Will UCF host the ESP5N Cartel’s College Gameday this year?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    73.6%
  3. Idk, I’m a tshirt bandwagoner

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. I’m an Uncle Rico who remembers cfb before College Gameday

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. ALMDawgfan

ALMDawgfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes, my thick as a brick and has to think in third grade terms good buddy, I grasped that ham handed point. It simply wasn't a valid point.... Boise had a real good run. What of it? Aubarn was undefeated in 2004. They didn't get title consideration because they had a crap year the year before and started the season ranked behind two teams that didn't lose.... "Tough titty, Oh what a pity"

There are many that will make the case The Barn should have been in over the Sooners, and cite the results of the Orange Bowl as just evidence. I give that some credence, but in truth I think the Barners go to the Orange and get slapped nearly as silly as the Sooners...

Boise, had they continued to build, drawn a crowd to justify a more sizeable stadium, swallowed the pride to drop the eye jarring blue field, could have made it in a year like 1990 where there was no real stand out among the usual suspects.... Most could have seen an unbeaten Boise playing the Bugs over a 9-3 Nebbe.... It isn't like there isn't an opportunity.... There simply isn't a LOT of opportunities or handed out opportunities....

Boise, even today, is well thought of.... They continue to win and I think they might even be drawing a lot more folk to the games... It can happen.... Sadly, If I am not mistaken, it is the Academic side of the school that doesn't seem to be able to carry the water...

2. bullg8r52

bullg8r52 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Tell me how your system works again. Thanks.

3. UCFhonors

UCFhonors Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Excellent points.

No doubt that Boise, Utah, and TCU and of course UCF had teams who could have beat anyone. Perception ie bigotry would’ve ended towards many non ESP5N Cartel teams a long time ago if teams were given a chance to prove themselves.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

4. ALMDawgfan

Expand Collapse

We get that 8 team play off and the conversation is moot until a 10-1 (or 2) UCF is up against a similarly recorded P-5 squad for the last seat at the table.... Get bigger, draw well, and above all get the reputation for traveling well....

5. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wins are worth one point for each game won by defeated opponents and losses are worth minus one point for each game lost by opponents defeated by. Ideally, FBS teams should play FBS teams only. If FCS games continue, I would think these games would be weighted differently although I don't have an idea I like. That said, my idea certainly doesn't have to be the one adopted. I'm sure there are plenty of other possibilities.

6. MelbBamaFan

MelbBamaFan MelbBamaFan@hotmail.com
    Expand Collapse

Ahhh... The mask is off. Others are free to do as they please as long as what they please conforms to what others like. Otherwise, they are unjust and corrupt even though they are lawfully exercising their prerogatives.

285exp and ALMDawgfan like this.
  7. ALMDawgfan

Expand Collapse

The operative wording in all your posts.... Prove themselves worthy to be in by playing better competition to make a record stand up...

8. 285exp

285exp Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Why would they want to adopt those rules?

9. 8085sooner

8085sooner Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Snowflake Mentality

Give us a chance, we don't want to earn it!

ALMDawgfan likes this.
  10. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm missing your point here. If P5 teams can ditch the committee and institute rules that basically do what the committee does, why not do it if there is nothing to stop them legally?

11. ALMDawgfan

Expand Collapse

Pretty much the gist of the whole complaint.... Participation Trophies for everyone....

12. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Assuming an eight team playoff were initiated its difficult to say whether that would address access better than CFP already has, UCF being ranked #8 suggests they might not qualify, as to previous years, other than the ones preceding the revised championship which were limited to 8 teams its nearly impossible to know who qualifies so I guess I'm at a crossroads. I can't tell you what to do, support, or before but there's an expression that sums up my thought nicely be careful for what you wish for, you may get it! ESPN paid for CFP but the actually wanted the eight team playoff you're describing. That's what they wanted.

13. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Why not? The rules basically accomplish what the committee does. Rank P5 teams by their records and eliminate G5 teams altogether beyond slim mathematical possibilities.

14. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Except that is nothing like the whole complaint at all.

15. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No..............give us chance and objectively define what it takes to make it so that G5 teams don't depend on the subjective whims of contradictory and inconsistent voters who have a habit of moving the goal posts for G5 teams.

16. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I use a different definition but you're right about their being the last major independent, except that they're partnered with the ACC, which means they're not independent at least not to the degree they were. They're sort of in between. Not in a conference but not completely removed.

17. 285exp

285exp Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

18. neilcar

neilcar Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I call bs … I mean did you watch the 2nd half of that shit … I mean really!!!!

19. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'll ask this again. Suppose UCF (not Troy) beat LSU last year (replacing win vs Austin Peay). With this result, UCF would have four top AP 25 wins including a road win versus a ranked P5 that matches Alabama's best win. Would a 12-0 UCF with four top 25 wins and best win vs LSU trump an 11-1 Alabama with two top 25 wins with best win vs LSU?

tiger3232 likes this.
  20. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Here's a suggestion one that won't cost a dime and should work relatively well, admit 6 teams in 3 bowl games, post-season (the CFP, but revised to give priority access to 6 teams rather than four). Include the FCS NC.

21. 285exp

285exp Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Because I don't think most fans want to turn the selection of the playoff teams over to some numbers game like yours, or to eliminate playing non-P5 schools.

22. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You don't have to eliminate playing nonP5 teams..............you only have to play at least eight P5 teams to avoid the penalty. And the selection process is basically a numbers game. The committee can just pick whatever numbers it wishes to go by based on whatever backs up their desire outcome. Personally, I doubt the P5 could legally get away with putting in my example rules that penalize G5 teams out of contention and the use of committee allows them to do the same thing with a wink and pretense that committee could always pick a G5 team if they would just schedule better whatever that entails.

23. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Honestly I think a fair way to select a championship might be as simple as expanding the field from four to six, include FCS and call it a day. That's right teams in a national championship and it should address every problem fairly since when the BCS had eight top-6 was the eligibility requirement for a team (Utah, Boise St., Texas Christian) not part if the alignment.
    Does anyone else agree?

24. 285exp

285exp Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No.

25. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

If you remember a full measure of a G-5 is 40% cumulative relative proficiency. That's a result of P-5 collectively playing to a 60%. The disparity if 20% actually is multiplied by 5 since were comparing one conference (AAC,WAC) to 5 major (P-5) conferences.
    That admits a G-5. Really there's no disputing that fact. 40% is the baseline dim which a G-5 qualifies to and is admitted to a championship like it was in 1984. BYU went because they met the eligibility requirement.

26. tiger3232

tiger3232 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You sure that you're not confusing the NCAA with the SEC Office?

SmokinSmile

27. DawginSC

DawginSC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Because they don't want that system.

Again... they can pick whatever system they want... but if enough teams don't like the system they could leave.

28. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

I'm simply telling you what the ratings mean.

Perhaps 16 million watched the first quarter and none watched the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. That would get the same 4 million viewers according to the ratings as 4 million people who watched the whole game. The rating is calculated by the average viewership PER MINUTE over whatever broadcast is being rated. The stuff you are bringing up has no impact because it's already factored into how the nielsen rating is calculated.

29. IrishBlooded

IrishBlooded Moderator
    Expand Collapse

They have no affiliation to a conference in football. Other than the agreement to play some ACC games in order to help with bowl bids.

In hockey they play in the B1G. And are currently ranked number 1

30. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

People don't want to see UCF in the playoff.

They want to see North Dakota State even less.

31. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

Good effort. I’ll give you that.

Individual tv deals are entirely different than postseason legitmancy and revenue distribution and the ESP5N Cartel acting as a Cartel who conspire and collude. That is the very essence of The Sherman Antitrust Act.

Your attempt is like saying a truck driver and the Teamsters union are the same. They aren’t.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

LO6IC and DTP2 like this.
  32. SignalBama

SignalBama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This just shows me that UCF desperately wants a shot at a real title because they know deep down they still haven't competed for or won anything.

bullg8r52 and bamaman1952 like this.
  33. OldManKnightFan

OldManKnightFan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What people don't want to watch exciting, competitive football? Who told you this ESPhonyN? Put all the games on, let them compete and the people will decide what they want to watch, it's moving in that future direction.

UCFhonors likes this.
  34. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It is not really the point if they want that specific system. My point is that I don't think they could get away with adopting adopting an objective system that is clearly rigged against G5 teams and operates in the same manner as a committee format.

UCFhonors likes this.
  35. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

Anti-trust is about money and business. Not some sort of "post-season legitimacy".

ESPN(ABC)\FOX\CBS\NBC don't have deals with the NCAA. They have deals with the conferences. Those conferences are competing to get the best media deals and those networks are competing to get the conferences to sign who generate the most money. There not even a hint of an anti-trust issue there.

There's nothing in any way illegal about 60 schools leaving the NCAA and forming their own athletic body with it's own championship. There's nothing illegal about denying admission to whoever they choose not to associate with. There's nothing wrong with various TV networks choosing to air this new groups gains and calling their champion the "national champion".

That's where we're heading. If you don't want that.... shut up and take the money that P5 are giving you to be cupcakes.

If not... you'll lose that money... and you'll become the equivalent of D2 football teams.

36. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

You don't have a legit playoff unless it is sanctioned by the NCAA. That's a single entity - not individual teams or conferences.

Knice try though.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

LO6IC and tiger3232 like this.
  37. tiger3232

tiger3232 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I offer a challenge to UCF fans. Show up to college gameday and outnumber the UGA and UF fans. Shout louder than both with the words UCF, UCF, UCF and make America hear you. They will no doubt make you #1 if that happens Winking.

LO6IC and UCFhonors like this.
  38. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

Real fans want a sanctioned and legit National Championship. It would be much easier to win one of those than having to go perfect every year.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Nate505, LO6IC and OldManKnightFan like this.
  39. SignalBama

SignalBama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Not for UCF. It would require playing real competition.

Skyhawk48, bamaman1952 and 285exp like this.
  40. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

Sure they can... they aren't the NCAA.

The NCAA doesn't name a FBS champion. The conferences themselves own the playoff. There are 6 P5 members of the board and 5 G5's... and that group "decided' (or more accurately was dictated by the P5) that P5 conferences got 75% of the playoff revenue and G5's got 25%.

This is all dictated by the P5 schools... because they generate the revenue. Nobody wants to see MAC or Sunbelt teams.

The P5 schools have the power to push the NCAA around... because of the free market. The P5 conferences (and ND) contain every school that generates significant TV revenue. Those schools threaten the NCAA with leaving... and the NCAA caves because the P5 schools CAN leave easily and create their own organization with no legal issues. And they'd crush the remaining NCAA schools just like the NCAA crushed other athletic conferences way back when.

The people running the G5 conferences know this. They accept it... in exchange for a huge chunk of income. Some school presidents and AD's don't get it though. They think they can use the legal system to push the P5 schools into giving them more.

They can't. The free market is on the side of the P5 conferences.

Skyhawk48 and 285exp like this.