A Mod can't handle the UCFacts - Which everyone wants to discuss

Discussion in 'College Baseball Clubhouse' started by UCFhonors, Oct 7, 2018.

?

Will UCF host the ESP5N Cartel’s College Gameday this year?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    73.6%
  3. Idk, I’m a tshirt bandwagoner

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. I’m an Uncle Rico who remembers cfb before College Gameday

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Skyhawk48

Skyhawk48 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Talk about being full of it. If you will lie you will steal.

From your own site.

WEEK THIRTEEN
    7.6 13.657M Alabama
    Auburn SEC Nov. 25, 3:30 PM CBS
    6.1 10.507M Ohio State
    Michigan Big Ten Nov. 25, Noon FOX
    3.0 5.263M
    (5.332M) Notre Dame
    Stanford Ind
    Pac-12 Nov. 25, 8:00 PM ABC
    2.7 4.644M
    (4.700M) USF
    UCF American Nov. 24, 3:30 PM ABC Alabama Auburn out drew you by 300% at the top of your popularity same day same time slot.

Also
    Two of the top rated games again more BS. Remember this is from your site you misquoted

Top college football TV ratings, audiences, of season
    TOP TEN GAMES
    Viewership is TV-only

Highest Rated Most-Watched
    # Date Game Net Rtg. # Date Game Net Vwrs.
    1 12/2 UGA-AUB CBS 8.0 1 11/25 ALA-AUB CBS 13.66M
    2 11/25 ALA-AUB CBS 7.6 2 12/2 UGA-AUB CBS 13.47M
    3 12/2 OSU-WISC FOX 7.3 3 12/2 OSU-WISC FOX 12.92M
    4 9/2 ALA-FSU ABC 6.9 4 9/2 ALA-FSU ABC 12.34M
    5 11/25 OSU-MICH FOX 6.1 5 11/25 OSU-MICH FOX 10.51M
    6 10/28 PSU-OSU FOX 5.8 6 10/28 PSU-OSU FOX 9.87M
    7 12/9 ARMY-NAVY CBS 5.2 7 12/9 ARMY-NAVY CBS 8.42M
    8 9/2 MICH-UF ABC 4.9 8 9/9 OU-OSU ABC 8.08M
    9 9/9 OU-OSU ABC 4.6 9 9/2 MICH-UF ABC 7.65M
    10 11/11 UGA-AUB CBS 4.4 10 11/11 UGA-AUB CBS 7.41M

No directional school to be seen!!!!!!

So let us see how much people care now.

Week 1 2018

G VWRS
    (+ Stream) GAME CONF DATE/TIME NET
    4.0 7.091M MICH-ND B1G, IND 9/1, 7:30p NBC
    3.8 6.553M Miami-LSU ACC, SEC 9/2, 7:30p ABC
    3.4 (5.576M) VT-FSU ACC 9/3, 8:00p ESPN
    3.2 5.253M WASH-AUB P12, SEC 9/1, 3:30p ABC
    2.7 4.540M LOU-ALA ACC, SEC 9/1, 8:00p ABC
    2.2 3.487M ORE ST-OSU P12, B1G 9/1, Noon ABC
    1.6 2.647M WVU-TENN B12, SEC 9/1, 3:30p CBS
    1.2 (1.929M) MISS-TTU SEC, B12 9/1, Noon ESPN
    n.a. (1.867M) College Gameday 9/1, 9:00a ESPN
    1.0 (1.741M) NWSTN-PUR BIG 8/30, 8:00p ESPN
    0.9 (1.409M) WKU-WISC CUSA, BIG 8/31, 9:00p ESPN
    0.9 1.385M FAU-OKLA CUSA, B12 9/1, 12:30p FOX
    0.75 (1.288M) BYU-ARIZ IND, P12 9/1, 10:45p ESPN
    0.8 1.274M TEX-MD B12, B1G 9/1, Noon FS1
    0.7 (1.193M) PEAY-UGA FCS, SEC 9/1, 3:30p ESPN
    0.6 (1.008M) CIN-UCLA AAC, P12 9/1, 7:00p ESPN
    0.6 930K UNC-CAL ACC, P12 9/1, 4:00p FOX
    0.38 596K SDSU-STAN MWC, P12 8/31, 9:00p FS1
    0.30 (503K) Army-Duke IND, ACC 8/31, 7:00p ESPNU
    0.26 (444K) UCF-UConn AAC 8/30, 7:00p ESPNU
    0.25 (362K) PV A&M-NC A&T FCS 9/2, Noon ESPN2
    0.20 337K MIZ ST-OKST MVC, B12 8/30, 8:00p FS1
    n.a. (327K) CMU-UK MAC, SEC 9/1, 3:30p ESPNU
    n.a. (241K) BOISE-Troy MWC, SUN 9/1, 6:00p ESPNEWS
    n.a. (240K) JMU-NC ST FCS, ACC 9/1, Noon ESPNU
    n.a. 234K UTSA-ASU CUSA, P12 9/1, 10:30p FS1
    n.a. (175K) SFA-MISS ST FCS, SEC 9/1, 7:30p ESPNU

LMAO 444K. Damn talk about irrelevant.

Game set and MATCH.

I bet the other waiters don't let their tips stay on the table long when you are on the floor.

Stymey and GarzaJ like this.
  2. GarzaJ

GarzaJ Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What was the viewership for "UCF had 2 of the best games in CFB last year"?

3. LO6IC

LO6IC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Careful, your senility is showing. Why don't you try going back and rereading the conversation before you make yourself look even more UCFoolish, because you obviously are having difficulties following along.

For someone who repeatedly refused to bury the hatchet with Honors at ODD's wedding, you really did show your true colors and exposed yourself of being nothing but a pathetic, selfish, bitter old man who is unable to swallow his pride for a single day to appease a groom (that you claim to be a "friend") on his special day. Good job.

Get over yourself, literally.

1323 LO6IC, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    UCFhonors likes this.
  4. Nate505

Nate505 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Did you even follow the conversation? Serious question. The not-so-subtle-that-a-third-grader-could-grasp-it implication of my post is that there's no way that Boise would jump over an undefeated Oregon or Auburn team. Hence the question "what sort of leverage did Boise earn"?

UCFhonors likes this.
  5. Big 8 Rules

Big 8 Rules Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Neither here nor there, but even if the goal posts didn’t move that kick looked short.

Skyhawk48 likes this.
  6. MelbBamaFan

MelbBamaFan Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Who is Aaron Torres and why should we care what he thinks?

bullg8r52 and Skyhawk48 like this.
  7. DawginSC

DawginSC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The facts were presented for this years games.

You switched to last year's games to try to prove that people actually do like watching UCF.

I explained why the two games you picked were anomalies that aren't representative of actual interest in UCF football.

You scream... "YOU SHIFTED THE GOAL POSTS!"... after you already moved them in order to try to make your field goal.

This is why the answer is for P5 to move into a separate division. You honestly believe UCF creates the same level of interest as P5 schools do. You point out a number on a championship game weekend where EVERY P5 CCG GOT BETTER NUMBERS... and think that proves your flawed perception.

I realize nothing I say will get through to you. There's no answer you'll accept. So we need to just put you guys in your Division 1NOBODYCARES division so you can win a title against Toledo, San Diego State and Tulsa while the teams people actually want to see play for a title that people care about.

I do hope all the UCF complaining hastens the split to FBS football. It's going to happen... this might make it happen sooner. I'm realy not at all worried that people will tune in to the Boise State vs USF championship game instead of watching Ohio STate vs Southern Cal, Clemson vs UGA or Bama against Oklahoma for a national title game.

Since you're so confident in how much people want to watch UCF, I'm sure you'd be okay with it too. It's the solution that works for everyone. I can watch less P5 vs G5 games because you'll be in a different division, and you can compete for a national title instead of being excluded because fans like me don't want to see UCF in playoff games.

Skyhawk48, 285exp, xWVU2010x and 3 others like this.
  8. KnightNasty

KnightNasty Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

2 honest questions...

1) Of the 65 or so teams in P5 conferences, how many of those do you care to watch? Sounds like just a handful in each conference, or just the blue bloods...? Or am I misrepresenting you there?

2) Would you find UCF or Boise State more interesting to watch if they had a P5 conference tag next to their names?

9. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

Nielsen ratings capture the number of viewers per minute averaged over the length of the event.

While people do what you say... if you have a rating that indicates 4 million households that means either that 4 million watch for the whole game... or 6 million watched for the first half and 2 million watched for the second half and it averages out to 4 million.

10. UCFhonors

UCFhonors Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yet some are claiming if UCF just had 1 or 2 different opponents everything would be totally different. Irony. And that is demonstrably UCFalse.

What Boise, TCU, Utah and other proved (and paved the way) was that
    1. The ESP5N Cartel is Real
    2. The Cartel will always make up a new excuse / move the goal post
    3. When finally backed into a corner, they will burn the system down - BCS and create a new one.
    It wasn’t long at that fans wanted a Playoff and to pay the players. While the stipend quelled most of the loud voices to pay players. The “Playoffs” have proven to be more unfair and corrupt than the BCS.

UCF is leading the Charge for reform. All Real cfb fans want it.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

1330 UCFhonors, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  11. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

It's a sliding scale based on the team's current record and schedule played along with the "name brand".

I'm interested in a team like Wake Forest or Maryland if they're playing for a conference title (which both have in the last 20 years). But not when they're on their way to a 3-9 season. A team like Miami or Auburn is still interesting to fans at 7-5 or 8-4... but not when they totally suck. Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame and USC interest fans even when they're 3-9 type teams.

And of course teams with huge fan bases who watch their teams every game, even when they suck, are more resistant as well. SCar's fans are used to losing and keep tuning in regardless. That's why they got on TV a lot even in their crappy years. The ratings they get from fans alone give them a higher baseline than the ones people only pay attention to when they do well.

Because most G5 teams play schedules that don't prove if they're good or not, they have to accomplish more in order to get viewers to show a similar level of interest as a team in a P5 conference. Viewers might equate a 9-1 BSU with a 6-4 or 7-3 P5 team when it comes to the interest their record generates simply based off of results.

RTR...USN (ret) likes this.
  12. KnightNasty

KnightNasty Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You’re quick on the draw lol. I added a 2nd question as well. Do you feel UCF or Boise State would be more interesting to watch if they had a P5 conference tag next to their name?

13. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

It has nothing to do with the conference tag and everything to do with the teams they play. I have more interest in BYU now then when they were in a conference.... because their scheduling is much closer to a P5 team. It's not as good as even the weakest P5 schedules, but it's better than the best schedules from conference affiliated non-P5's.

But even so they're more like a Wake Forest. I'm only going to be interested if their results suggest they might be good. Not if they lose a bunch of those games.

14. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

IF YOU DONT THINK UCF IS A TOP 4 TEAMS then stop comparing us to other top 4 teams.

Compare our results to other P6 programs like Wake, Illinois, WVU, Arkansas, Washington State, SDSU, Notre Dame in your comparisons.

That is all*

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

LO6IC likes this.
  15. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

We are.

Nobody watches those teams much until they beat a few good P5 teams either.

**edit** except for Notre Dame. Didn't notice you threw them in there. They of course have a name brand.

Cali_Irish and RTR...USN (ret) like this.
  16. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

And the reform you're going to get (eventually) is that the P5 teams will move to a different division and have a championship that isn't even theoretically open to UCF.

But reform is coming. It's just going to cost the non P-5 schools millions.

Skyhawk48 and BlkSabbath74 like this.
  17. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

You’re just lying at this point. I swear, tshirt bandwagoners have no integrity.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

18. leatherhemet

leatherhemet Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah..he has a special type of Tourette's where if anyone makes an argument he can't rebut, he blurts out "moving goal posts!". Don't bother.

Skyhawk48 and RTR...USN (ret) like this.
  19. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

I hope they try. The Antitrust suit would be so swift and severe that the non ESP5N Cartel teams would get Billions over-knight.

See tshirt bandwagoners like you don’t realize that most FBS schools are State institutions. You UCFoolishky don’t realize that you’re advocating for criminal actions by a Cartel

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

LO6IC likes this.
  20. UCFhonors

Expand Collapse

It’s obvious that the Cartel Supporters and UCFacts Deniers can’t stay on topic. They don’t even realize when they move goal post. “But what about schedules! Blah..”

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

21. LO6IC

LO6IC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Here's a summary of our dialogue:

You: "My time is too valuable to be spent watching UCF games so therefore nobody watches them either because I represent the vast majority"

Me: "I'm sorry that you let your ego get in the way of watching two of the top 10/15 best games of the year last year (as rated by ESPN, CBS, SBNation, Athlon, College Football News, Fansided, etc.)"

You: " 'Best' doesn't matter if nobody watches - and nobody watched that crap. Other ranked teams have more viewers on the same network and the same time slot on other weekends. My UCFeelings are UCFacts"

Me: "UCFalse, here is the actual UCFacts - UCF had the 2nd highest viewership of ABC's 3:30/4pm time slot, and 5th highest viewership of ABC's noon time slot - both instances show that UCF had better ratings than other ranked teams in those same time slots on that network."

You: "Your UCFacts are anomalies because they don't align with my UCFeelings, so I'm going to..."
    [​IMG]

UCFhonors likes this.
  22. xWVU2010x

xWVU2010x Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not my fight but

1. Really none, CFB isn't interesting to me if my team is not involved. I will catch bits and pieces if I am not busy of some of the bigger games of the day, which frankly does not include UCF unless UCF is on upset alert.

2. Yes, because they would be involved in bigger games. The conference tag doesn't really mean anything to me when I am channel surfing, but if lets say in a theoretical ACC game in 5 years #10 UCF is playing #2 Clemson, I would watch if I am available.

UCFhonors and LO6IC like this.
  23. LO6IC

LO6IC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Weird how this special type of Tourette's only seems to come out when people are full of sh*t.

Moving the Goalposts
    (also known as: gravity game, raising the bar, argument by demanding impossible perfection [form of])

Description: Demanding from an opponent that he or she address more and more points after the initial counter-argument has been satisfied refusing to concede or accept the opponent’s argument.

And how exactly is this applicable in this case? Well lets see... He specifically referenced my post regarding UCF having 2 games listed in the top 10/15 best games of the 2017 season, to which he directly replied with "nobody watched them" and that "other ranked teams have higher viewers on the same networks and same time slots." I proved him wrong, then what happened? "That's an anomaly" and "[insert conference name here] championship game had higher ratings on [insert different network name and different time slot here]."

That is the literal definition of moving the goal posts. But go ahead, continue to dismiss common sense when it doesn't fit your agenda.

UCFhonors likes this.
  24. BlkSabbath74

BlkSabbath74 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure they DO have a problem getting top 20 teams to do home and homes, but if they got 3 mediocre p5 homes and homes and an away game at a top 20, it would absolutely ameliorate their AAC schedule in terms of getting into the playoff.

25. BlkSabbath74

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

26. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Just curious, suppose the top 8 teams make the playoffs as determined by my point system. Based on 40 seasons worth of results, 90% of G5 schedules were worth top 8 points with an undefeated season. Basically, outside of the unlikeliest of scenarios, all G5 teams control their playoff. How much better would G5 teams individually and as a group be under a format that allowed them to control their playoff destiny? Or do you think G5 teams are what they are no matter the format?

UCFhonors likes this.
  27. fsuguy83

fsuguy83 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You have to compete in big boy ball before you win big boy prizes.

28. The.Waving.Wheat

The.Waving.Wheat Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I’d love for Oklahoma State to do a home and home with UCF. Oklahoma State would probably get killed this year and lower UCF’s SOS, but the previous few years would have been some pretty good shootouts.

SCKnight, UCFhonors and KnightNasty like this.
  29. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

I don't think you understand why the NCAA is vulnerable to an anti-trust lawsuit but the P5 teams are not.

The history of the NCAA dealing with anti-competitive lawsuits is not what you think it is. The schools sued the NCAA for not letting them control their own television revenue and instead forcing schools to share television contracts between high earning schools and low earning schools.

This was Oklahoma and UGA who brought the lawsuit. It changed into the system where the schools that had value got to keep the value they earned, while those who didn't bring eyeballs got their income cut.

The more "communist" method where everyone had to share the TV revenue equally was named anti-competitive. The "free market" method where every school could maximize their revenue off of sports was deemed proper.

The P5 conference teams do NOT HAVE TO SHARE WITH G5's. They can create their own associations and not play games or share revenue in any way with the G5's and it's considered a competitive business practice. UGA, Bama, UF... they choose to combine and share their revenues in the SEC organization... but any of them have the right to leave either individually or as a group and play as an independent and keep their own money... or join the Big 10 or ACC and split their money with them. They control their own sports teams.

That means they can leave the NCAA, form another organization and play whoever they want to play and name whatever champion they want to name... AND THERE'S NOTHING UCF, BOISE or BYU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

You don't get to say what organization P5 teams play under. Thanks to the UGA/Oklahoma lawsuits... each school controls that. They can create the P5 association and play their sports under that new umbrella and only invite whoever they like into the group and there is nothing anti-competitive about it.

Sorry.

30. BlkSabbath74

Expand Collapse

/thread nuked

31. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

I didn't watch Vandy vs
    Me: UCF has had horrible ratings compared to all P5 games in the same timeslots on the same networks this year.

You: WE HAD TWO GREAT GAMES LAST YEAR.

Me: Well... I was talking about this year... but one was on championship game week when the P5 conferences only had 1 game each (2 for the Big 12) and none were at the same timeslot as the UCF game. You had worse viewership than the CCG of every P5 conference, 1/3rd of the SEC and Big 10. The other was your last game of the season as an undefeated team and still didn't win the timeslot... being less than half of what Bama/Auburn drew at the same 3:30 time. Every other game that year sucked ratings wise.

You: MOVING THE GOALPOSTS!!!! WAAAAAAH!!!

Look. Bama's probably had a bad ratings week at some point. UCF obviously had a good one in one regular season week last year.

We call those "anomalies". The multitude of evidence pointing the other way should make that obvious.

Skyhawk48 likes this.
  32. bullg8r52

bullg8r52 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

FIFY

BlkSabbath74 likes this.
  33. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Out of curiosity, do you suppose P5 leagues could legally replace the committee and rank teams best to worst record, opponents' record, and so on where teams that play less than 8 P5 opponents are automatically penalized two games in the standings?

34. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

G-5 is a separate division. Division I is subdivided between P-5 and G-5. Those are the two measures from which a person can infer a national title. I addressed that before.
    Also there's a wider division between them than there was. It was 2/1 its since grown to 3/1. That's a result of the championship division (CFP) taking over. The gap widened. Bit it also gives FCS equal status relative to the championship. Effectively what CFP does is put teams on a level playing field.
    3/1 says P-5 merits priority status within the construct of a playoff 3/4 bids are theirs.

35. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

Yes. They can agree to whatever system they want. They could agree to name a champion by flipping coins.

The NCAA has almost no control over the NCAA football post season and has NEVER controlled the naming of a national champion.

The issue is UCF and other small schools feel slighted... and think there should be a legal remedy. What they miss is the easiest legal remedy is a complete separation between G5 and P5. That removes any confusion about "unfairness" in naming a champion and it's already shown to be acceptable legally due to the UGA and Oklahoma lawsuits. The schools grant the NCAA whatever power it has and grants the conference whatever power it has. But the power rests with the individual schools. they are ALWAYS allowed to leave and set something else up for their sports.

36. DawginSC

Expand Collapse

I wish you'd stop talking.

The end result is the P5 will eventually be separate and will give nothing to the G5 (or FCS), either in money, bowl slots or playoff appearances.

UCF's whining is accelerating that.

FCS will have their champion (and nobody will care)
    G5 will have their champion (and nobody will care)
    P5 will have their champion (and everyone will recognize them as the champion of college football).

The only question is if the NCAA runs the new setup (in which case the P5's and FCS's might get a little financial boost), or if the P5 schools start their own organization that doesn't include the NCAA.

37. 8085sooner

8085sooner Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

White is not asking to Overhaul the post season.

He's asking to Overhaul the regular season. He wants everyone to play cupcakes and not care about regular season schedules.

bullg8r52 likes this.
  38. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What is stopping them from adopting the example rules I gave? For all practical purposes, P5 teams are ranked by record anyway.

39. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

There is contradiction to that statement, as relatively few of those teams admitted to the BVS likely would have been included among the final 8 admitted. You can review the data. But you are suggesting somehow a proposition you are initiating would over-ride the truth which again is the relatively few who qualify and are admitted to the championship. Tulane wouldn't have. Marshall wouldn't have. Texas Christian would, both years, Utah would have, 2094, might have in 2008. Boise St would have.
    UCF obviously would have. It looks to be about a 50/50 proposition, maybe leaning more on getting in than not, but that's still the old paradigm relative to what the BCS was. It isn't based in the present modal that likely doesn't include a UCF last year.

40. bullg8r52

bullg8r52 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Actually, he's asking that cupcakes not matter. Fine for the big boys to play big boys, in fact, all the better.