ADVERTISEMENT

A&M 0-3 to start SEC play

Well with half the team suspended I’d expect about the same

They have been playing without a ton of their team. The LSU loss really surprised me though.

Once they are full strength they should go on a nice run.

SEC aint no joke! Lotta top coaches came in in recent years and now have their teams up. Pearl at AU, Barnes at UT, Johnson at UA, Martin at SC, White at UF, Howland at Miss St.

With that said, Gators be 3-0 in SEC, yeah boyeeee.

Willing to bet those suspensions are lifted for the UK game.

SEC aint no joke! Lotta top coaches came in in recent years and now have their teams up. Pearl at AU, Barnes at UT, Johnson at UA, Martin at SC, White at UF, Howland at Miss St.

With that said, Gators be 3-0 in SEC, yeah boyeeee.

3-0 against the SEC, 0-3 against the ACC.

Reactions: speedfrk
3-0 against the SEC, 0-3 against the ACC.
Lol, like that matters. We lost to you guys when we won one of our Natties. UNC put up a measly 43 in a loss at UVA last season and went on to win the Nattie. Meanwhile, we blasted the same UVA team in the tourney by 26 points.

All that matters is the tourney and what has your coach done in 20 years there? Meanwhile, since you've had your coach, we've won 2 natties, been to 4 final fours and 8 elite eights. And in some of those years we lost to FSU and Rutgers to name some other teams but we still show up in the tourney and made it to the elite eight or further.

Lol, like that matters. We lost to you guys when we won one of our Natties. UNC put up a measly 43 in a loss at UVA last season and went on to win the Nattie. Meanwhile, we blasted the same UVA team in the tourney by 26 points.

All that matters is the tourney and what has your coach done in 20 years there? Meanwhile, since you've had your coach, we've won 2 natties, been to 4 final fours and 8 elite eights. And in some of those years we lost to FSU and Rutgers to name some other teams but we still show up in the tourney and made it to the elite eight or further.

I disagree that “all that matters is the tourney.” It’s says something about a program—any program—to be consistently winning in conference play.

But I’ll tip my hat to Billy D on his tournament performance. He definitely took advantage of the opportunities and coached his boys up when it mattered (although just for the record, it’s 3 final fours since we’ve had Ham). I respect Billy a lot.

But isn’t it possible that some of those runs might not have happened if you were in the ACC and lost a few more games, leading to a lower seed and worse matchups?

Should be 2-1. Against both conferences actually. Wish our non-conference schedule was just a bunch of games vs. Virginia.

Shoot, I wish we could play UVA in the Dance. Especially last year when they were running on fumes.

[QUOTE="GE Nole, post: 23396302, member: 6712"

But isn’t it possible that some of those runs might not have happened if you were in the ACC and lost a few more games, leading to a lower seed and worse matchups?[/QUOTE]

That is fair about Florida and the ACC. However, ACC is usually the toughest conference year in, year out in bball- can't you say that about any other team from outside the ACC?

[QUOTE="GE Nole, post: 23396302, member: 6712"

But isn’t it possible that some of those runs might not have happened if you were in the ACC and lost a few more games, leading to a lower seed and worse matchups?

That is fair about Florida and the ACC. However, ACC is usually the toughest conference year in, year out in bball- can't you say that about any other team from outside the ACC?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can.

SEC is a tough conference to try and play with multiple starters either suspended, hurt or sick. I wouldn't pass any judgement on A&M until we see how the look at full strength.

Nobody cares about your home wins against two lower division ACC teams, even though every computer ranking has those two games as your best wins. Lol..

“Look at me, look at me”
RPI has Georgia has our number two best win. They are a pretty good team that can make the tournament.

Reactions: rockycard
ADVERTISEMENT