ADVERTISEMENT

A look into the elite defense being played at the NCAA Tournament

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
This is apparently the new wave of defensive strategy taking the NCAA by storm when it comes to jamming cutters and keeping/forcing guys out of the lane and basically not allowing any freedom of movement inside the 3 pt line, that I've seen in many games so far in the 1st Rd......

This is apparently the new wave of defensive strategy taking the NCAA by storm when it comes to jamming cutters and keeping/forcing guys out of the lane and basically not allowing any freedom of movement inside the 3 pt line, that I've seen in many games so far in the 1st Rd......

Those guys are beefy.

Like looking in a mirror for Tech's defense?....... ;)
You would rather 1990 3 Michigan vs 11 Loyola Marymount where Michigan lost 149-115?

Defense is part of the game. I don't know why people want rules that just favor the offense.

It's alright they are probably going to call us a ton of fouls in one of these games. While offensive guys push off, hook, go over the back, carry the ball, travel, etc. Everyone hates them calling charges. But nobody is like why don't they call offensive 3 seconds when guys just camp in the lane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willt973
You would rather 1990 3 Michigan vs 11 Loyola Marymount where Michigan lost 149-115? (I mean......why is that not possible anymore in today's game with better athletes?)

Defense is part of the game. (Lies...) I don't know why people want rules that just favor the offense. (Not what I'm saying at all, but you proceed to deflect this in a different direction. ;))

It's alright they are probably going to call us a ton of fouls in one of these games. While offensive guys push off, hook, go over the back, carry the ball, travel, etc. Everyone hates them calling charges. But nobody is like why don't they call offensive 3 seconds when guys just camp in the lane.
Look, I get it. Tons of schools like Texas Tech need to employ a good pass blocking defense to restrict movement anywhere inside the 3pt line to have a chance against the Kansas' of the world. And to be honest, I wasn't even thinking of you guys specifically (Wisconsin, for example, has been doing this sh** for a couple decades now)......you just happened to be the first to respond questioning it. ;)

Are you new to this? This is how the tourney is always called. Contact is ignored in the tourney, for the first weekend anyway.

Are you new to this? This is how the tourney is always called. Contact is ignored in the tourney, for the first weekend anyway.
You are really messing with Iowa’s narrative that the tourney is reffed a different way and it’ll be better for them once they get out of the B1G.

Look, I get it. Tons of schools like Texas Tech need to employ a good pass blocking defense to restrict movement anywhere inside the 3pt line to have a chance against the Kansas' of the world. And to be honest, I wasn't even thinking of you guys specifically (Wisconsin, for example, has been doing this sh** for a couple decades now)......you just happened to be the first to respond questioning it. ;)
Look, I get it. Iowa got bounced in the first round and it stings. Try losing in the championship game being called for fouls when Virginia players trip over their own players.

What caused Iowa to go 6 for 29 (20.7%) from the 3 pt line? "Lack of freedom of movement below the 3 pt line" made them miss? Iowa makes 2 of those missed 3s and they win.

Look, I get it. Iowa got bounced in the first round and it stings. Try losing in the championship game being called for fouls when Virginia players trip over their own players.

What caused Iowa to go 6 for 29 (20.7%) from the 3 pt line? "Lack of freedom of movement below the 3 pt line" made them miss? Iowa makes 2 of those missed 3s and they win.

That’s not why you lost.

That's not the narrative of all the non-Iowa fans in the B10 thread though........ ;)

Also, I haven't even insinuated anything about our game, but I did mention the fact that I watched many games, and I wouldn't make this joke if I didn't understand what I was watching in all these games....................but I also think some of you misunderstand me.

This is a growing trend with teams in general. Not just something we're now seeing in the NCAA Tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT