ADVERTISEMENT

A devoted father and UK fan.

No I’m just posting like you do to show you how damn stupid it is and LuLu, it is stupid!
You're the dumbo, Scooter. Btw, UT looked good against Gonzaga (preseason)

Go to bed LuLu. You’re gonna need your rest for that ass kicking you’re gonna take tomorrow.

Good good some of y’all are dumbasses!😂 Please continue😂😂😂
It’s because of the posters above that the country is in the state it’s in. In their eyes everybody has an angle or agenda, it just can’t be someone doing something nice for their fellow man. What would more publicity get Cal? He’s got the best job in college basketball. Everybody knows his name. Who’s left to impress?

I pray none of you that were quick to mock fall to work a job like the dad does. You wouldn’t last a day in his world without dropping to your knees for something more cushy.

If anyone is offended by my post then the arrow hit its target. You all represent a sad cross section of todays society. Quick to mock, but likely not charitable to your fellow human being. You wouldn’t stoop to help others less fortunate. Calipari has donated more cash and time than the whole sorry lot of you combined.

Last edited:
It’s because of the posters above that the country is in the state it’s in. In their eyes everybody has an angle or agenda, it just can’t be someone doing something nice for their fellow man. What would more publicity get Cal? He’s got the best job in college basketball. Everybody knows his name. Who’s left to impress?

I pray none of you that were quick to mock fall to work a job like the dad does. You wouldn’t last a day in his world without dropping to your knees for something more cushy.

If anyone is offended by my post then the arrow hit its target. You all represent a sad cross section of todays society. Quick to mock, but likely not charitable to your fellow human being.
That's simply not true. The joke is not about the Miner. The joke is about UK exploiting a Miner and having him come and watch it covered in Coal dust. The fact he couldn't even wipe his face speaks volumes to the motivation photos and narrative.

• Sad
Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
That's simply not true. The joke is not about the Miner. The joke is about UK exploiting a Miner and having him come and watch it covered in Coal dust. The fact he couldn't even wipe his face speaks volumes to the motivation photos and narrative.
Oh so UK had the guy come watch the game covered in coal dust?? You are f**king brilliant LuLu!!!😂 Where do you come up with this dumb shit???😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Anthony B
Oh so UK had the guy come watch the game covered in coal dust?? You are f**king brilliant LuLu!!!😂 Where do you come up with this dumb shit???😂😂😂😂
Yeah exactly, why didn't the guy even clean his face? I'll answer for you, it wouldn't be as good a photo op.

• Angry
Reactions: Anthony B
I would be annoyed as all fvck if I sat in my nice front row seat and some filthy soot covered hillbilly was sitting right next to me. Why would they even let someone into the building looking like that?

Take a fvkcing shower dude before going out in public, it's not that hard.
Speaking as someone that comes home dirtier than that guy most days I think this is a dick thing to say but somewhat accurate. I'd pay for a truck stop shower before showing up to a game (or anywhere in public) like that.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Some of ya'll are assholes. This guy spends 50 hours a week in an underground dungeon, likely melts at the first hint of sunlight, and will probably die prematurely from black lung at some point. Let him live a little. UK doesn't play in middle-of-nowhere Pikeville, Kentucky every day. The dude wanted to haul ass from work and get there ASAP to spend as much time as possible watching the game with his kid. Game probably would've been over by the time he got himself cleaned up. They only played for 30 minutes. So he had some soot on his face, big f'in deal. I can guarantee you that nobody in that crowd gave a shit, because obviously it's a coal town. There are some noses in the air in this thread from people that weren't even there though. 😂

Some of ya'll are assholes. This guy spends 50 hours a week in an underground dungeon, likely melts at the first hint of sunlight, and will probably die prematurely from black lung at some point. Let him live a little. UK doesn't play in middle-of-nowhere Pikeville, Kentucky every day. The dude wanted to haul ass from work and get there ASAP to spend as much time as possible watching the game with his kid. Game probably would've been over by the time he got himself cleaned up. They only played for 30 minutes. So he had some soot on his face, big f'in deal. I can guarantee you that nobody in that crowd gave a shit, because obviously it's a coal town. There are some noses in the air in this thread from people that weren't even there though. 😂

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
They're just jealous because they didn't have a dad.

Yea some of these people (and it’s easy to tell which ones) had shit parents growing up that missed out on a lot of events and fed them poor excuses as to why they missed. If you’re one of the people ITT making fun of this dude then your kids deserve better for parents. I wouldn’t miss one of my kids games/events unless it was a have to situation. Again, you people only make yourself look ignorant. Any parent that makes an effort is ok in my book and I’m sure that guy won’t lose any sleep worrying about what somebody will think.

Yea some of these people (and it’s easy to tell which ones) had shit parents growing up that missed out on a lot of events and fed them poor excuses as to why they missed. If you’re one of the people ITT making fun of this dude then your kids deserve better for parents. I wouldn’t miss one of my kids games/events unless it was a have to situation. Again, you people only make yourself look ignorant. Any parent that makes an effort is ok in my book and I’m sure that guy won’t lose any sleep worrying about what somebody will think.
You need to at least have enough sense to know the argument, but you don't so I'll share it with you.
No one is making fun of the Minor. Poster are making fun of UK having him come to the game without even his face wiped for publicity stunt. That would have taken a second, but it wouldn't have made a good photo.

So, they are making fun of UK for shamelessly using this working man to make the coach look generous.
Making fun of UK and not the Minor, got it?

It's always easier to attack a position you made up for your opponent, but try the actual argument.

Last edited:
You need to at least have enough sense to know the argument, but you don't so I'll share it with you.
No one is making fun of the Minor. Poster are making fun of UK having him come to the game without even his face wiped for publicity stunt. That would have taken a second, but it wouldn't have made a good photo.

So, they are making fun of UK for shamelessly using this working man to make the coach look generous.

It's always easier to attack a position you made up for your opponent, but try the actually argument.
UK and Cal don't need the publicity. The program does charitable things all over the state and elsewhere on a regular basis. They've also held telethons that have raised millions for earthquake relief in Haiti, flood relief in eastern Kentucky, and tornado relief in western Kentucky. Cal went on a 5 city tour around the state over a 5 day span autographing memorabilia for free and soliciting donations for tornado relief too. The whole reason the game was moved to Pikeville instead of Rupp in the first place was to raise more money for flood relief and give the local community the chance to see them play, since many never get a chance to go to Lexington for a game. They don't need to stage some dirty coal miner dog and pony show in order to look "generous" in the public eye.

UK and Cal don't need the publicity. The program does charitable things all over the state and elsewhere on a regular basis. They've also held telethons that have raised millions for earthquake relief in Haiti and flood relief in eastern Kentucky. The whole reason the game was moved to Pikeville instead of Rupp in the first place was to raise more money for flood relief and give the local community the chance to see them play, since many never get a chance to go to Lexington for a game. They don't need to stage some dirty coal miner dog and pony show in order to "look good" in the public eye.
Maybe, he does, especially with the working poor. I wouldn't question it at all if he wasn't covered in coal dust. Can you not see how staged that looks?

Maybe, he does, especially with the working poor. I wouldn't question it at all if he wasn't covered in coal dust. Can you not see how staged that looks?
Maybe you're not familiar with how coal mines work. They aren't the cleanest places in the world and the soot that gets smeared all over everything doesn't magically vanish with 2 swipes of a baby wipe when you're done working. I'm also guessing coal miners aren't prone to looking at themselves in the mirror very often to make sure they look presentable for the yuppy crowd. 😂 Pike County is the largest coal producer in Kentucky and by far the biggest economic asset in Pikeville. I know it sounds crazy that a coal miner would be at the game after coming straight from work. What are the odds, right? Here's a pic of a whole bunch of them after a shift. Do they look squeaky clean to you?

Meh, you're probably right. It's most likely just a hoax. An elaborate scheme by all involved for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Last-Union-Mine-8-1539503461.jpg

Maybe you're not familiar with how coal mines work. They aren't the cleanest places in the world and the soot that gets smeared all over everything doesn't magically vanish with 2 swipes of a baby wipe when you're done working. I'm also guessing coal miners aren't prone to looking at themselves in the mirror very often to make sure they look presentable for the yuppy crowd. 😂 Pike County is the largest coal producer in Kentucky and by far the biggest economic asset in Pikeville. I know it sounds crazy that a coal miner would be at the game after coming straight from work. What are the odds, right? Here's a pic of a whole bunch of them after a shirt. Do they look squeaky clean to you?
Last-Union-Mine-8-1539503461.jpg
I get that coal miners get coal on them. I get there is a wash rag and dawn dishwashing detergent in most homes. I also think that coal miners don't go to Sunday go to meeting covered in coal dust. Going to a game and getting the "VIP" treatment would encourage most people to clean up a bit. (even coal miners)

I get that coal miners get coal on them. I get there is a wash rag and dawn dishwashing detergent in most homes. I also think that coal miners don't go to Sunday go to meeting covered in coal dust. Going to a game and getting the "VIP" treatment would encourage most people to clean up a bit. (even coal miners)
I see what's going on now. It seems you have misinterpreted what happened and obviously did not read the article. I'll summarize.

The Blue-White game was played on a Saturday in Pikeville, Kentucky as a charity game. The miner in question commonly worked on Saturdays at one of the mines in Pike County. Once he got off work he rushed to the arena to meet his wife and son (he did not stop at home to clean up as he was already running late). Someone in the crowd took this photograph and it went viral on social media. Cal or someone else at UK was made aware of it and that is what made Cal post about it on social media. He reached out to find out who this person was and to invite him and his family to a game at Rupp LATER THIS YEAR. They have chosen to go to the Kansas game at Rupp in late January as their "VIP" game. Here all along you were thinking Cal personally invited this dude to this game and he showed up looking like a scrub for publicity. LMAO.

I see what's going on now. It seems you have misinterpreted what happened and obviously did not read the article. I'll summarize.

The Blue-White game was played on a Saturday in Pikeville, Kentucky as a charity game. The miner in question commonly worked on Saturdays at one of the mines in Pike County. Once he got off work he rushed to the arena to meet his wife and son (he did not stop at home to clean up as he was already running late). Someone in the crowd took this photograph and it went viral on social media. Cal or someone else at UK was made aware of it and that is what made Cal post about it on social media. He reached out to find out who this person was and to invite him and his family to a game at Rupp LATER THIS YEAR. They have chosen to go to the Kansas game at Rupp in late January as their "VIP" game. Here all along you were thinking Cal personally invited this dude to this game and he showed up looking like a scrub for publicity. LMAO.
Yeah, that is what I thought and it looked ridiculous. That is better. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan

It's always easier to attack a position you made up for your opponent, but try the actual argument.
It's "miner" Della. Although "minors" are usually on the mind of Tennesseans

I mean, how hard is it to just wash your face? I'm sure the people sitting around him are going to love trying explain to their families how they ended up with Black Lung disease from going to a basketball game.

• Haha
Reactions: UL_1986
I mean, how hard is it to just wash your face? I'm sure the people sitting around him are going to love trying explain to their families how they ended up with Black Lung disease from going to a basketball game.
IDK, does soot come off easy ? It's all or not, no one wants to see a half washed face.

It's not that hard to get off(with a shower), but if you are baby wiping your face, arms and hands its gonna take a few minutes. Thats if its just coal dust. They are constantly around hydraulic fluid, grease, glues, etc... which can be harder to clean.

Half my family has worked in the coal industry and I did for a few years. Dad showed up to my games looking similar to this many times, but he would at least put a clean shirt on.

So I have mixed feelings about this but Final ruling: I give him a pass since he works as a roof bolter. Its the hardest and most dangerous job there. They also have to work extra hours (more than other positions), which could be why he was running late. Plus the game wasn't at Rupp. Probably much worse shows up for concerts and stuff there in Pike Co.

It's not that hard to get off(with a shower), but if you are baby wiping your face, arms and hands its gonna take a few minutes. Thats if its just coal dust. They are constantly around hydraulic fluid, grease, glues, etc... which can be harder to clean.

Half my family has worked in the coal industry and I did for a few years. Dad showed up to my games looking similar to this many times, but he would at least put a clean shirt on.

So I have mixed feelings about this but Final ruling: I give him a pass since he works as a roof bolter. Its the hardest and most dangerous job there. They also have to work extra hours (more than other positions), which could be why he was running late. Plus the game wasn't at Rupp. Probably much worse shows up for concerts and stuff there in Pike Co.

My man A-a-ron spittin' some truth up in here.

thank-you-substitute-teacher.gif

Reactions: cdbearde
The dudes like this are more badass than either of you could hope to be. They'd stomp a mudhole in your a$$
Why bc the state has let them down and they’re workin their ass of in a dying industry? I wasn’t making fun of dude at all, simply made a joke about some of the people of ky that was mostly tongue in cheek. Only mud hole this dude is stomping is his sisters.

See, now I’m making of fun of him. You brought me to it. Thx a lot rip.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Why bc the state has let them down and they’re workin their ass of in a dying industry? I wasn’t making fun of dude at all, simply made a joke about some of the people of ky that was mostly tongue in cheek. Only mud hole this dude is stomping is his sisters.

See, now I’m making of fun of him. You brought me to it. Thx a lot rip.
There will always be a market for coal, just like there is currently a massive market for lithium and many other base and precious metals needed to make all those electric car batteries.

Reactions: cdbearde
There will always be a market for coal, just like there is currently a massive market for lithium and many other base and precious metals needed to make all those electric car batteries.
Sure, but it’ll never be what it once was, and will continue to decline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT