ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual College Basketball Draft

And here is the national leaderboard for Win Shares. Edey is looking more and more like the frontrunner for NPOY.

Win Shares
1.Zach Edey Purdue2.2
2.Matt Knowling Yale2.2
3.Tucker DeVries Drake2.1
4.Felipe Haase Southern Miss2.1
5.Marcus Sasser Houston2.0
6.Adama Sanogo UConn2.0
7.Tyree Appleby Wake Forest2.0
8.Keli Leaupepe Loyola Marymount2.0
9.Terrence Shannon Illinois1.9
10.Brandin Podziemski Santa Clara1.9

5 of these guys were taken in our draft.

Edey, Purdue- MGC_07
DeVries, Drake- GE Nole
Sasser, Houston- WeAreDePaul
Sanogo, UConn- FaithPlusOne
Shannon, Illinois- Jaycg15

K Murray = one of the best picks of the entire draft, on his way to first team AA
Matthew Mayer = what the **** was I thinking? Serves me right for taking a player from Fvck Your Cousin U.
Jordan Hawkins = sucks

Kris Murray was held to 8 points last night. Meanwhile, Matthew Mayer scored a season-high 21 points against Texas - and Jordan Hawkins dropped 26 in his previous game.

You praise your guys, and they suddenly play like they're on DePaul. And when you let them know they suck, they actually perform quite well. Your guys are old-school; they're clearly motivated to excel when you defecate all over their games.

Kris Murray was held to 8 points last night. Meanwhile, Matthew Mayer scored a season-high 21 points against Texas - and Jordan Hawkins dropped 26 in his previous game.

You praise your guys, and they suddenly play like they're on DePaul. And when you let them know they suck, they actually perform quite well. Your guys are old-school; they're clearly motivated to excel when you defecate all over their games.
I'm all about the tough love. Making Kris Murray wear a skirt at practice all week.

You forgot to mention Roach. You ripped that choice and it looks like he’s turning into the player and leader I projected.

Player
kPOY
Rating
Zach Edey, Purdue
7-4 · 290 · Jr · Toronto, ON
Jalen Wilson, Kansas
6-8 · 225 · Jr · Denton, TX
Drew Timme, Gonzaga
6-10 · 235 · Sr · Richardson, TX
Marcus Sasser, Houston
6-2 · 195 · Sr · Dallas, TX
Adama Sanogo, Connecticut
6-9 · 245 · Jr · Bamako, Mali
Terrence Shannon, Illinois
6-6 · 215 · Sr · Chicago, IL
Kyle Filipowski, Duke
7-0 · 230 · Fr · Westtown, NY
Jalen Pickett, Penn St.
6-4 · 209 · Sr · Rochester, NY
Tolu Smith, Mississippi St.
6-11 · 245 · Sr · Bay St. Louis, MS

You forgot to mention Roach. You ripped that choice and it looks like he’s turning into the player and leader I projected.

And he's still not making 1st Team All-Conference. Filipowski has a legit shot at being 1st Team. This is a 15-team league. Don't think this team is good enough to merit two 1st-Teamers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Who would you guys have on your way too early All-American picks? I might go with...

1st Team
Brandon Miller, Alabama
Jalen Wilson, Kansas
Drew Timme, Gonzaga
Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
Zach Edey, Purdue

2nd Team
Jalen Pickett, Penn State
Jordan Walker, UAB
Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
Armando Bacot, North Carolina

3rd Team
Marcus Carr, Texas
Marcus Sasser, Houston
Kris Murray, Iowa
Trayce-Jackson Davis, Indiana
Adama Sanogo, UConn

There are plenty of other players who are certainly in contention. Last AA selection came between Marcus Carr and Kendric Davis.

Missed this from a couple weeks ago, but here are the Wooden Midseason Top 25 Players. I've broken it down by team.

hailtoyourvictor
Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky

Jaycg15

boilerzz
Drew Timme, Gonzaga

lurkeraspect84
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana

JimboBBN
Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
Terquavion Smith, NC State

WeAreDePaul
Marcus Sasser, Houston
Kris Murray, Iowa

dukedevilz
Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
Keyonte George, Baylor
Adam Flagler, Baylor
Brandon Miller, Alabama

FaithPlusOne
Adama Sanogo, UConn
Caleb Love, North Carolina
Jelly Walker, UAB
Marcus Carr, Texas
Antoine Davis, Detroit

duckboy33
Kendric Davis, Memphis
Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona

MGC_07
Zach Edey, Purdue
Gradey Dick, Kansas

WojoRising
Jalen Wilson, Kansas
Isaiah Wong, Miami
Kyle Filipowski, Duke

GE Nole
Mike Miles, TCU

All 25 players were drafted. Biggest omission on this list, without question, is Jalen Pickett. 18 ppg, 8 reb, 7 assists?! He's much close to being 1st Team All-American than to being a sub-25 player, IMO. @JimboBBN picked up Pickett in Round 9. Big-time steal.

Caleb Love absolutely doesn't belong on this list. Terribly inefficient. I'd probably take out Filipowksi and Antoine Davis, too. Also, kind of surprised that both of my Baylor guys made it. Kansas State (Nowell or Johnson) and Xavier would be more deserving (Boum-Nunge-Jones) of a top 25 player.

If this midseason list is somewhat accurate, the title might come down to me and @FaithPlusOne.

Missed this from a couple weeks ago, but here are the Wooden Midseason Top 25 Players. I've broken it down by team.

hailtoyourvictor
Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky

Jaycg15

boilerzz
Drew Timme, Gonzaga

lurkeraspect84
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana

JimboBBN
Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
Terquavion Smith, NC State

WeAreDePaul
Marcus Sasser, Houston
Kris Murray, Iowa

dukedevilz
Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
Keyonte George, Baylor
Adam Flagler, Baylor
Brandon Miller, Alabama

FaithPlusOne
Adama Sanogo, UConn
Caleb Love, North Carolina
Jelly Walker, UAB
Marcus Carr, Texas
Antoine Davis, Detroit

duckboy33
Kendric Davis, Memphis
Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona

MGC_07
Zach Edey, Purdue
Gradey Dick, Kansas

WojoRising
Jalen Wilson, Kansas
Isaiah Wong, Miami
Kyle Filipowski, Duke

GE Nole
Mike Miles, TCU

All 25 players were drafted. Biggest omission on this list, without question, is Jalen Pickett. 18 ppg, 8 reb, 7 assists?! He's much close to being 1st Team All-American than to being a sub-25 player, IMO. @JimboBBN picked up Pickett in Round 9. Big-time steal.

Caleb Love absolutely doesn't belong on this list. Terribly inefficient. I'd probably take out Filipowksi and Antoine Davis, too. Also, kind of surprised that both of my Baylor guys made it. Kansas State (Nowell or Johnson) and Xavier would be more deserving (Boum-Nunge-Jones) of a top 25 player.

If this midseason list is somewhat accurate, the title might come down to me and @FaithPlusOne.
That last sentence is the kiss of death. I’m going to get last now.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Praying I don’t come in last place. I think lurker has me covered there.

Best 9th round pick in draft history? Absolutely

Who'd you get in the 9th round? it better be a 1st team AA to unseat my title for best late round draft pick ever when I took Obi Toppin very late and he ended up NPOY.

Who'd you get in the 9th round? it better be a 1st team AA to unseat my title for best late round draft pick ever when I took Obi Toppin very late and he ended up NPOY.

I might say Toppin was the 2nd best pick for a late round. He was taken in Round 8.

Keegan Murray, a 1st Team All-American, in Round 12 is hard to top. He also led the nation in Win Shares. @Noahtogo24 drafted him.

A quick look at my roster:

Drew Timme - Almost a lock for 1st team AA. Numbers up across the board
Tyger Campbell - Numbers are down a bit. I'm guessing 2nd team all Pac12 with good win shares - ok pick
Max Abmas - Putting up great numbers and the likely Summit POY with great win shares - Like this pick
Kevin McCullar - Decent numbers but not sure why I picked him this early - Meh
Jamal Shead - Not seeing the uptick I thought I'd get. Not happy with this pick right now
Baylor Scheierman - Numbers have been solid but Creighton has not...limiting his win shares. Should make an all conference team but not 1st team - ok pick at this point
Kevin Obanor - Obanor is having a nice year but his team is winless in conference. Ugh!
Avery Anderson - is a 17.6% 3P percentage bad? Yikes!
Moussa Cisse - Going to need a B12 DPOY or this is a bad pick
Jubrile Belo - Needed this guy to be conference MVP and he won't be. Ugh
Kadary Richmond - Meh
Jahvon Quinerly - This was a dice roll. It has not worked out.

In short, I'm in trouble and am trying to figure out who made most of my picks. @WeAreDePaul appears to have hacked my account during the draft.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
There are a couple of cutoff points for conference awards that will be interesting to follow. The Mountain West currently has 4 teams in the top 50 (KenPom), which means 1st Team All-Conference players, if the season ended today, would receive 4 points. It's awfully close, though...

MWC
23. Boise State
30. San Diego State
46. Utah State
49. New Mexico
--------------------------
55. Nevada

and the Pac-12 is awfully close to not having 4 teams in the top 50...

Pac 12
3. UCLA
20. Arizona
48. Colorado
50. Arizona State
-------------------------
54. USC

Quick look at my roster:

Joe Girard; His weight is probably higher than his field goal percentage

Kyle Filipowski; Might actually shoot a lower percentage than Girard

Henry Coleman; Has regressed

Don’t remember who else is on my team

@dukedevilz certainly not asking that you put anything together, but do you keep a spreadsheet with running win-share totals that’s updated periodically for the rosters, or is it all tallied together at the end of the season?

@dukedevilz certainly not asking that you put anything together, but do you keep a spreadsheet with running win-share totals that’s updated periodically for the rosters, or is it all tallied together at the end of the season?

Yeah, I'll include stats/win shares of every player sometime within the next week or so. And then I'll ask for everyone to cut 3 players on their roster.

Reactions: boilerzz
lol rough year, huh?
I rolled some dice. Nobody told me this guy was in the room....

cooler-1000x600.jpg

If you take out the players with the 3 lowest Win Shares from each team, here's what the standings look like in cumulative Win Shares:

FaithPlusOne: 36.3
dukedevilz: 34.4
MGC_07: 33.5
boilerzz: 33.4
WojoRising: 33.1
hailtoyourvictor: 31.1
JimboBBN: 30.7
WeAreDePaul: 30.4
duckboy33: 28.3
Jaycg15: 26.1
GE Nole: 25.9
lurkeraspect84: 22.6

I’ll just go ahead and cut my low three, seems pretty straightforward. KD, Girard, and Coleman

Rolled the dice with Quinerly and he hasn't produced. Of course, part of that is because his teammates have, leaving him coming off the bench. So he's gone.

Also gone is Avery Anderson and his 18% 3P%. Dude, dafuq is that? He's never been super efficient but this is his senior year and he's gone in the tank.

The 3rd pick is tough.

Do I keep Cisse and hope he wins B12 DPOY even tho he lost his starting gig a few weeks ago?
Do I drop Jubrile Belo and hope he gets 1st or 2nd team all conference? He did just drop a donut at Idaho State (including 0-8 from the field)....woof! He does at least have nice WS numbers.
Or do I drop Kadary Richmond even tho he's scored in double figures in 8 straight games. He has 10 steals in his last 3 games and should make the all defensive team but I'd assume Kalkbrenner wins DPOY.

I think I'll lock in the first two drops and take the weekend to drop the 3rd.

BTW, pretty ludicrous that Edey has 6.7 WS already. You have to go back to Kaminsky (9.8) to find the last player to end the year with more than 8.8 win shares. Edey has a shot to get to Kaminsky's number if Purdue goes deep in the BTT and makes the 2nd weekend (or deeper) of the NCAA.

BTW, pretty ludicrous that Edey has 6.7 WS already. You have to go back to Kaminsky (9.8) to find the last player to end the year with more than 8.8 win shares. Edey has a shot to get to Kaminsky's number if Purdue goes deep in the BTT and makes the 2nd weekend (or deeper) of the NCAA.

It's been 15 years since a player has reached 10 Win Shares. I expect Edey to reach that threshold. His numbers in this league might be close to the equivalent of two 1st Team All-Conference performers. Crazy dominant.

@dukedevilz how many teams in a conference have to finish in the top 100 to get elevated points again? A10 is real close to 4

4 teams in the top 50 = full 4 points for 1st Team All Conference (3 points for 2nd team and 2 points for 3rd Team)
4 teams in the top 100 = 3 points for 1st Team
Everyone else (less than 4 teams in the top 100) will receive 2 points for 1st Team All-Conference

The Mountain West has been a bit of a surprise this year. KenPom actually rates them higher as a conference than the ACC. And they currently have 4 teams in the top 50, so MWC might be rewarded like the other power conferences this year.

I’ll just go ahead and cut my low three, seems pretty straightforward. KD, Girard, and Coleman

Only one to keep an eye on might be Jake Stephens. I went to a Chattanooga game two weeks ago and was pretty bummed that he was not available. Not sure if he'll return to the court before the season is over, but he's already missed closed to a month of the season now. 4.6 Win Shares in 18 games is pretty crazy, though. Not sure Girard could even catch that.

Rolled the dice with Quinerly and he hasn't produced. Of course, part of that is because his teammates have, leaving him coming off the bench. So he's gone.

Also gone is Avery Anderson and his 18% 3P%. Dude, dafuq is that? He's never been super efficient but this is his senior year and he's gone in the tank.

The 3rd pick is tough.

Do I keep Cisse and hope he wins B12 DPOY even tho he lost his starting gig a few weeks ago?
Do I drop Jubrile Belo and hope he gets 1st or 2nd team all conference? He did just drop a donut at Idaho State (including 0-8 from the field)....woof! He does at least have nice WS numbers.
Or do I drop Kadary Richmond even tho he's scored in double figures in 8 straight games. He has 10 steals in his last 3 games and should make the all defensive team but I'd assume Kalkbrenner wins DPOY.

I think I'll lock in the first two drops and take the weekend to drop the 3rd.

I'd probably go with Cisse. Still get 2 points for making all-conference defense. That's the equivalent of 1st Team All Conference in the Big Sky, which I'm doubtful Bello will even attain.

I'd probably go with Cisse. Still get 2 points for making all-conference defense. That's the equivalent of 1st Team All Conference in the Big Sky, which I'm doubtful Bello will even attain.
Good point. I'll drop Belo and hope Richmond makes 1st team All Defense in the BE as well.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Alright, here's what the current stats look like. The last column "WS" is for Win Shares.

We'll need to make 3 cuts by next Sunday, which is February 26th. If no cuts are made, I'll default to the 3 lowest players in Win Shares.

@hailtoyourvictor @Jaycg15 @boilerzz @lurkeraspect84 @JimboBBN @WeAreDePaul @FaithPlusOne @duckboy33 @MGC_07 @WojoRising @GE Nole

hail-Jaycg15.jpg

boilerzz-lurker.jpg
Jimbo-De-Paul.jpg
dd-Faith-Plus-One.jpg
duckboy-MGC.jpg
Wojo-GE-Nole-Stats.jpg
Dang, I gotta give up some points? Not like it matters much, I could keep the 3 and still come in last.

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT