ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual College Basketball Draft

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
giphy.gif

It is time!! Who's in?!?!

@JimboBBN @WojoRising @Noahtogo24 @MGC_07 @Jaycg15 @GE Nole @hailtoyourvictor @WeAreDePaul @duckboy33 @boilerzz @FaithPlusOne @imajericho @ThePhog08 @Villian07

Here's a link to a post with a couple of top 100 rankings.

Last edited:
Looking for 10-14 posters for this draft. Last year, we had 12 posters and we had 12 rounds for an even 144 selections. Somewhere around January/February we'll have a cutoff date to select your top 9 players for scoring. Your bottom 3 players will effectively be cut. But, at least this allows a grace period for season-ending injuries - and guys that are complete busts.

The scoring will be a combination of win shares + postseason accolades. Please let me know if you think any part of the scoring system needs to be reexamined.

Scoring system for postseason awards
10 points- National Player of the Year (AP for All-American Teams)
9 points- 1st Team All-American
8 points- 2nd Team All-American
7 points- 3rd Team All-American; NABC Defensive POY
6 points- Honorable Mention All-American; Final Four MOP
5 points- Conference Player of the Year; All Tournament Team
4 points- 1st Team All-Conference; Conference Defensive POY; NCAA Regional MOP
3 points- 2nd Team All-Conference; All Regional Team
2 points- 3rd Team All-Conference; All-Conference Defense; Conference Tournament MOP
1 point- Honorable Mention All-Conference; All Tournament Team

Players that aren't in a Power-6 Conference will have a lower point total for conference awards
3 points- Conference POY
2 points- 1st Team All-Conference
1 point- 2nd Team All-Conference

However, if a conference has 4 teams in the KenPom top 50, they should be granted the full amount of points. If they have 4 teams in the top 100, I'll only deduct 1 point (i.e. 4 points for CPOY, 3 points for 1st Team All-Conference). From last season, the Power 6 conferences all received 4 points for 1st Team All-Conference. While, the AAC, MWC, WCC, MVC, and A-10 received 3 points for 1st Team. The remaining 21 conferences would have a 2 point deduction, and thus only receive 2 points for 1st Team All-Conference.

Also, be aware the Pac-12 and SEC don't delineate all-conference awards in a typical 5 players for each team format. Pac-12 has 10 on the first team; SEC has 8. With the scoring system, we will make a clear distinction of who is awarded with 1st Team Points and 2nd Team Points. The Conference POY automatically makes the 1st Team + the next 4 players with the highest Win Shares.

For an explanation on Win Shares, but visit here.

Here's the History of our Top 3 Finishers from each season

2017-18
1. Danger 35 Zone
2. dukedevilz
3. WojoRising

2018-19
1. sdsufan10
2. dukedevilz
3. ThroughBlue

2019-20

1. GE Nole
2. dukedevilz
3. hailtoyourvictor

2020-21
1. boilerzz
2. hailtoyourvictor
3. MGC_07

2021-22
1. dukedevilz
2. Noahtogo24
3. boilerzz

I’m in, and surprisingly know even less about the players than last year. This could get interesting.

I hear ya. It's hard to keep up with such a ridiculous turnover. A lot of the big men return (Tshiebwe, Bacot, Timme, Dickinson, TJD, Edey), but the guards are often a big question mark.

I'm behind in getting a feel for this upcoming draft; I'm just in the middle of developing my own top 150 list.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Of course I'm in. I think I'm due for a high draft pick this year, maybe even #1 if I can convince @WojoRising to take the last pick in the round like I did that one year, still easily my greatest accomplishment in the 5 years or so we've been doing this.

I’m in, and surprisingly know even less about the players than last year. This could get interesting.

Join the club. I only know what @dukedevilz allows me to know every year. And I'm starting to feel like he spoon feeds me just enough information to keep me coming back, but not enough to ever give me the ammo to finish on the podium. Very frustrating and I have reported this to the mods.

Join the club. I only know what @dukedevilz allows me to know every year. And I'm starting to feel like he spoon feeds me just enough information to keep me coming back, but not enough to ever give me the ammo to finish on the podium. Very frustrating and I have reported this to the mods.

Hahah exactly right.

You've actually finished 4th place twice, 2020 and 2021. You were only 0.6 points away from tying 3rd place in 2021.

Of course I'm in. I think I'm due for a high draft pick this year, maybe even #1 if I can convince @WojoRising to take the last pick in the round like I did that one year, still easily my greatest accomplishment in the 5 years or so we've been doing this.

I think I'm going to simulate the order again, just like last year. I'll simulate it three times to get an average. And I'll post screenshots.

I won comfortably last year with the 8th pick. @boilerzz won by a considerable margin the year before with the 7th pick. Nobody has ever won the draft that's selected 1st or 2nd overall. That being said, I don't think anyone would complain about getting Oscar Tshiebwe.

I think I'm going to simulate the order again, just like last year. I'll simulate it three times to get an average. And I'll post screenshots.

I won comfortably last year with the 8th pick. @boilerzz won by a considerable margin the year before with the 7th pick. Nobody has ever won the draft that's selected 1st or 2nd overall. That being said, I don't think anyone would complain about getting Oscar Tshiebwe.

Thoughts on better/safer picks than Oscar?

Think I'd rather have the 3rd pick

Reactions: dukedevilz

I would complain, he's boring.

Thoughts on better/safer picks than Oscar?

Nobody has a higher floor than Oscar. He might also have the highest ceiling. He would be an easy, safe pick at #1.

Collectively, with over 4,000 D1 scholarship players, it wouldn't be out of the question for one of those guys to surpass Oscar. But, no individual player is a safer pick than Tshiebwe.

Nobody has a higher floor than Oscar. He might also have the highest ceiling. He would be an easy, safe pick at #1.

Collectively, with over 4,000 D1 scholarship players, it wouldn't be out of the question for one of those guys to surpass Oscar. But, no individual player is a safer pick than Tshiebwe.

What about Timme with Chet no longer around stealing touches and lane space?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What about Timme with Chet no longer around stealing touches and lane space?

There are a lot of lineup permutations that Few can utilize next year. Will be interesting to see what he does exactly. I kind of like the idea of having Strawther at the 4 and Timme at the 5. Would be tremendous for spacing.

But, with Anton Watson and Efton Reid both expecting a fair amount of minutes, my guess is Timme will see most of his minutes at the 4. Watson and Reid aren't going to stretch the floor like Chet did. And Timme doesn't do that well, himself. However, he is an excellent passer. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing behind the arc, often facilitating the offense. If one of their bigs is going to be operating in the perimeter, it's gotta be him.

My guess is Timme's numbers go up across the board: Maybe something like 20 ppg, 7-8 rebounds, 3.5 assists. He's an okay-ish rebounder, but obviously no where in the realm of what Tshiebwe can do. Don't think that would be enough to steal votes from Tshiebwe for NPOY. Only hope to win that award, in my estimation, is for Gonzaga to be the #1 team with dominant wins over multiple P6 schools - and for Tshiebwe to take a dip in his numbers.

There are a lot of lineup permutations that Few can utilize next year. Will be interesting to see what he does exactly. I kind of like the idea of having Strawther at the 4 and Timme at the 5. Would be tremendous for spacing.

But, with Anton Watson and Efton Reid both expecting a fair amount of minutes, my guess is Timme will see most of his minutes at the 4. Watson and Reid aren't going to stretch the floor like Chet did. And Timme doesn't do that well, himself. However, he is an excellent passer. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing behind the arc, often facilitating the offense. If one of their bigs is going to be operating in the perimeter, it's gotta be him.

My guess is Timme's numbers go up across the board: Maybe something like 20 ppg, 7-8 rebounds, 3.5 assists. He's an okay-ish rebounder, but obviously no where in the realm of what Tshiebwe can do. Don't think that would be enough to steal votes from Tshiebwe for NPOY. Only hope to win that award, in my estimation, is for Gonzaga to be the #1 team with dominant wins over multiple P6 schools - and for Tshiebwe to take a dip in his numbers.
small sample but remember they will play each other in 7u weeks

Reactions: dukedevilz
Okay, so we have commitments from:
dukedevilz
FaithPlusOne
MGC_07
boilerzz
WeAreDePaul
hailtoyourvictor

I saw a few of you liked the initial post. If you're wanting to do the draft again, please make a post to signify you're intention of joining. Thanks!

Tagging the rest of the group from last year that hasn't formally committed yet:
@Jaycg15 @JimboBBN @GE Nole @Noahtogo24 @duckboy33 @WojoRising

dukedevilz
FaithPlusOne
MGC_07
boilerzz
WeAreDePaul
hailtoyourvictor

I saw a few of you liked the initial post. If you're wanting to do the draft again, please make a post to signify you're intention of joining. Thanks!

Tagging the rest of the group from last year that hasn't formally committed yet:
Sign in sheet for midsize balls now open. Large ones are taken.

dukedevilz
FaithPlusOne
MGC_07
boilerzz
WeAreDePaul
hailtoyourvictor

I am in, but my picks will be much slower this year.

When are you thinking for the draft start date?

You got another trip coming up?

Not sure when the start date would be, exactly. Maybe next Monday. Allow a little time for everybody to study who's out there. And a little time to potentially get two more posters.

You got another trip coming up?

Not sure when the start date would be, exactly. Maybe next Monday. Allow a little time for everybody to study who's out there. And a little time to potentially get two more posters.
are you going to release your list pre draft?
if so you could shuffle a few players rankings to mess with folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT