ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

I ****ing hate my Alex Barcello pick. I hate it more than @lurkeraspect84 hates Rivals’ one post per 30 seconds rule.

I don't think Barcello is a bad pick at all, to be honest. He was consistently in the top 10 in the country in Win Shares. Actually ended the year with more WS than his conference point guard counterpart, Jalen Suggs.

Barcello was also a HM All-American last year. And if you take the 3-point percentages from the past two seasons, he led the country. His ceiling may not be as high other 3rd rounders, but you won't find many in that round with his floor either.

Reactions: WojoRising
I don't think Barcello is a bad pick at all, to be honest. He was consistently in the top 10 in the country in Win Shares. Actually ended the year with more WS than his conference point guard counterpart, Jalen Suggs.

Barcello was also a HM All-American last year. And if you take the 3-point percentages from the past two seasons, he led the country. His ceiling may not be as high other 3rd rounders, but you won't find many in that round with his floor either.
This was kind of the thinking, I guess. The other hope is that if the Zags do statistically cannibalize each other, maybe he could swoop in and steal CPOY. I guarantee it won’t happen, but still.

Reactions: dukedevilz
This was kind of the thinking, I guess. The other hope is that if the Zags do statistically cannibalize each other, maybe he could swoop in and steal CPOY. I guarantee it won’t happen, but still.

Haha no. 0.001% chance of him winning CPOY. But, HM All-American is worth more points than CPOY. If he can just maintain his averages from last year he should be fine.

Eff Bryce and his bro. Yes I’m salty. Add him to our team this year and we are probably a top 12 team.

Roman Penn, Drake.

-Xavier Johnson decommits from Nebraska
-XJ subsequently signs with Pitt
-Capel encourages Trey McGowens to reclassify and sign with Pitt
-Tension between XJ and Trey escalates into locker room fight; punches are thrown
-Trey transfers to Nebraska
-Bryce decommits from FSU and follows Trey to Nebraska

Weird turn of events, seeing how the frenemies both had ties with Pitt and Nebraska. But, Xavier Johnson deserves some blame for sort-of running Trey out of town... and go ahead and blame Capel for not have better control over his locker ro om (think Au'Diese Toney had issues with one of those guys too)... and maybe assign some blame to Tim Miles for not retaining XJ.

But yes, having top guys decommit sucks. Virtually impossible to compensate for the loss of a top-caliber player.

Malik Williams, Louisville
Nick Muszynski, Belmont

Muszynski is nice. Fun player to watch. He has excellent footwork. If Belmont rolls through the conference, as many expect, he could be HM All-American.

I don't know what to make of Louisville. Feel like they have 7 different guys that could be the most valuable player for the team. I think people are sleeping on UL a little bit. They're going to be tough.

Jamaree Bouyea, San Francisco

@Jaycg15 is up

Good pick. Underrated player on an underrated team. I think USF could be an at-large team this year.

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

You've reached the asymptote at this point. But yeah, let's go ahead and say there's still a chance.

Only 5 guys left from the Three Man Weave top 100 players

1. DeAndre Williams, Memphis
2. Darius Days, LSU
3. Jordan Bohannon, Iowa
4. Kendall Brown, Baylor
5. Tyson Walker, MSU

Guess it's my turn to roll the dice. I'm actually going to take Muszynski's teammate. It's not every day you can draft a white guy named Grayson...

Grayson Murphy, Belmont

I think he'll end up in the top 10 in the country for Win Shares. Crazy efficient.

@WeAreDePaul is up.

2. Darius Days, LSU
3. Jordan Bohannon, Iowa
4. Kendall Brown, Baylor
5. Tyson Walker, MSU

Kind of shocking that one of these guys is still on the board. Goodness.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

2. Darius Days, LSU
3. Jordan Bohannon, Iowa
4. Kendall Brown, Baylor
5. Tyson Walker, MSU
Darius Days is Preseason First Team SEC.

There’s one dude there I’ve been considering for a few rounds.

Yeah, me too, actually. One of these guys has been on my radar since Round 6. But, there's always been one guy I've been slightly more interested in. And honestly, it might happen in Round 12 once again lol.

Makes me appreciate what coaches do. They're going to see lots and lots of intriguing prospects. But, they can really only fully invest in maybe 7-10 recruits per class. Got to be really picky with what your evaluations.

Darius Days is Preseason First Team SEC.

10 players on the SEC Preseason First Team, though. For scoring in this league, it will only be 5 players on the 1st Team. Would be nice if the SEC broke it down with three teams of five. But yes, Darius Days is a nice prospect.

WeAreDePaul is an LSU fan. So, you know he's going to be the very next pick.

10 players on the SEC Preseason First Team, though. For scoring in this league, it will only be 5 players on the 1st Team. Would be nice if the SEC broke it down with three teams of five. But yes, Darius Days is a nice prospect.

WeAreDePaul is an LSU fan. So, you know he's going to be the very next pick.
I don't know why SEC does 10 and 8. Curious to hear the explanation. What's the benefit?

First Team All-SEC

• Jaden Shackelford – Alabama
  • Jahvon Quinerly – Alabama
  • JD Notae – Arkansas
  • Allen Flanigan – Auburn
  • Colin Castleton – Florida
  • Sahvir Wheeler – Kentucky
  • Darius Days – LSU
  • Iverson Molinar – Mississippi State
  • John Fulkerson – Tennessee
  • Scotty Pippen Jr. – Vanderbilt
Second Team All-SEC

• Davonte Davis – Arkansas
  • Jabari Smith – Auburn
  • Keion Brooks Jr. – Kentucky
  • Kellan Grady – Kentucky
  • Oscar Tshiebwe – Kentucky
  • Xavier Pinson – LSU
  • Garrison Brooks – Mississippi State
  • Keyshawn Bryant – South Carolina

I ****ing hate my Alex Barcello pick. I hate it more than @lurkeraspect84 hates Rivals’ one post per 30 seconds rule.
coach-KUKhat.png

That's my default response to any Duke fan who makes me uncomfortable.

This was before the '96 Championship. Story behind it is, I'm guessing he was forced. He's sitting next to a guy who's name escapes me, and they had to wear the hat who's gonna win. Other dude is wearing Orange and K is wearing UK's block K.

*Bored waiting on BIL. Found it. I was kind of close.

Last edited:
-Xavier Johnson decommits from Nebraska
-XJ subsequently signs with Pitt
-Capel encourages Trey McGowens to reclassify and sign with Pitt
-Tension between XJ and Trey escalates into locker room fight; punches are thrown
-Trey transfers to Nebraska
-Bryce decommits from FSU and follows Trey to Nebraska

Weird turn of events, seeing how the frenemies both had ties with Pitt and Nebraska. But, Xavier Johnson deserves some blame for sort-of running Trey out of town... and go ahead and blame Capel for not have better control over his locker ro om (think Au'Diese Toney had issues with one of those guys too)... and maybe assign some blame to Tim Miles for not retaining XJ.

But yes, having top guys decommit sucks. Virtually impossible to compensate for the loss of a top-caliber player.

Didn’t realize it all goes back to Xavier Johnson. Eff him too then lol.

Bryce was our first commit of that cycle. He was ALL Noles. Had a relationship going back years with our coaches. He and his parents even helped FSU recruit John Butler (also from South Carolina) and Bryce also had a hand in recruiting Matthew Cleveland.

Then Trey goes to Nebraska and bam.

I just hope it doesn’t turn into a multi-million dollar mistake for the kid. Bryce is a perfect fit for FSU’s system and would have very likely been a lotto pick if he came here.

Didn’t realize it all goes back to Xavier Johnson. Eff him too then lol.

Bryce was our first commit of that cycle. He was ALL Noles. Had a relationship going back years with our coaches. He and his parents even helped FSU recruit John Butler (also from South Carolina) and Bryce also had a hand in recruiting Matthew Cleveland.

Then Trey goes to Nebraska and bam.

I just hope it doesn’t turn into a multi-million dollar mistake for the kid. Bryce is a perfect fit for FSU’s system and would have very likely been a lotto pick if he came here.

That's a really tough blow. Didn't know he was actively recruiting Butler.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out at Nebraska. I'd be inclined to think FSU would be much better for his development. Obviously it's hard to ignore the tugs of a family member. Nebraska has been a lackluster program for a while. It's freakishly impressive how they can field a mediocre team and consistently sell out their home venue.

Stop sending me mixed signals

Those are separate talking points.

Before the draft started, I mentioned that you probably shouldn't take Garrison Brooks in the 2nd Round, like you did last year. At this stage in the draft, however, I don't think Brooks would be a bad pickup at all. That's all.

Time to draft your own Redeem Team. Just don't take Garrison Brooks in the 2nd Round :)

Reactions: JimboBBN
That's a really tough blow. Didn't know he was actively recruiting Butler.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out at Nebraska. I'd be inclined to think FSU would be much better for his development. Obviously it's hard to ignore the tugs of a family member. Nebraska has been a lackluster program for a while. It's freakishly impressive how they can field a mediocre team and consistently sell out their home venue.

Agree with all that. Very nice arena too.

I don't know what to make of Louisville. Feel like they have 7 different guys that could be the most valuable player in for the team. I think people are sleeping on UL a little bit. They're going to be tough.
Dont worry we dont know what to make of louisville either. If all the pieces come together i think we can be dangerous, if not well, we will be watching the tourney from home again.

Dont worry we dont know what to make of louisville either. If all the pieces come together i think we can be dangerous, if not well, we will be watching the tourney from home again.

Feel like UL is going to be nails-tough on the defensive end and on the glass. Lots of good pieces. You guys might be missing a superstar. But, maybe one of those 7 guys will have a breakout season. Withers, as you mentioned earlier, is the most likely candidate.

Biggest question mark for UL might be, how will Mason Faulkner adjust to big-time college basketball? I assume he'll be the starting pg. Don't think he'll be anywhere near the level of Carlik Jones. Fortunately, from what I've seen, he doesn't lack for confidence. Dude will attack the basket all night long. He can generate a lot of fouls very quickly.

Reactions: Villian07
Those are separate talking points.

Before the draft started, I mentioned that you probably shouldn't take Garrison Brooks in the 2nd Round, like you did last year. At this stage in the draft, however, I don't think Brooks would be a bad pickup at all. That's all.
Haha, was just giving you shit, man. All good :)

@WojoRising here's one more white guy you might want to consider adding in the final round. North Dakota State's Rocky Kreuser. Perhaps the best white dunker in the country? He was 1st Team All-Conference. Of course he's also in the same league as Max Abmas.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT