ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

Updated draft results with my rankings in parenthesis.

Looks like I actually had Kennedy Chandler at #34. Still a third round grade.

Also, Athlon came out with their top 100 players earlier this week. So, that gives you 4 different lists to consider.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga (1)
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga (3)
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke (4)
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois (2)
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA (6)
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan (5)
7. Remy Martin, Kansas (14)
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana (7)
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova (9)
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State (8)
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue (10)
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue (13)

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts (12)
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama (17)
15. Marcus Carr, Texas (18)
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis (19)
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt (11)
18. Caleb Houstan, Michigan (41)
19. Julian Champagnie, St.John's (15)
20. Andre Curbelo, Illinois (21)
21. Kendric Davis, SMU (16)
22. Matthew Mayer, Baylor (39)
23. Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse (22)
24. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas (53)

THIRD ROUND
25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State (58)
26. Alex Barcello, BYU (25)
27. Kennedy Chandler, Tennessee (34)
28. Adam Flagler, Baylor (77)
29. Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech (33)
30. Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech (23)
31. Patrick Baldwin, Milwaukee (52)
32. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA (20)
33. Armando Bacot, North Carolina (27)
34. James Akinjo, Baylor (55)
35. Andrew Nembhard, Gonzaga (44)
36. Tyger Campbell, UCLA (75)

FOURTH ROUND
37. Dawson Garcia, North Carolina (61)
38. David McCormack, Kansas (24)
39. Will Richardson, Oregon (30)
Yeah Flagler may have been too high. I just thought I’d gamble after the somewhat safe Davis pick, and I think I like him more than Mayer for Baylor. They’re close though.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah Flagler may have been too high. I just thought I’d gamble after the somewhat safe Davis pick, and I think I like him more than Mayer for Baylor. They’re close though.
That list is very much at odds with the other 3 lists that were posted. massive differences,

Reactions: MGC_07
Jalen Duren

Wow. 3 freshmen in your top 4. Could payoff big-time - or be a huge gamble.

Two of the other rankings had him in the top 30. I think he'll have a shot to be worth the value of a third rounder. His shooting splits are really impressive. And with Butler, Mitchell, and Teague out of the picture, I imagine he'll have a much bigger role. Should have his ball in his hands more. But, he didn't fill up the box score at Presbyterian, so that makes me pause a bit.

That list is very much at odds with the other 3 lists that were posted. massive differences,

Hah. Yeah, I barely even looked at those lists, to be honest. I have one guy in my top 25 that isn't in the top 80 on 2 of the 3.

There's a good chance we won't see any more picks today. @GE Nole is supposed to be back today. Not sure if he's even thinking about this draft to be honest. But, since he might be available, I don't want to take that opportunity from him. Might draft for him tomorrow if we don't hear from him within the next 24 hours.

Reactions: duckboy33
One more draft update for the day.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7. Remy Martin, Kansas
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama
15. Marcus Carr, Texas
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt
18. Caleb Houstan, Michigan
19. Julian Champagnie, St.John's
20. Andre Curbelo, Illinois
21. Kendric Davis, SMU
22. Matthew Mayer, Baylor
23. Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
24. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

THIRD ROUND
25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
26. Alex Barcello, BYU
27. Kennedy Chandler, Tennessee
28. Adam Flagler, Baylor
29. Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech
30. Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech
31. Patrick Baldwin, Milwaukee
32. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
33. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
34. James Akinjo, Baylor
35. Andrew Nembhard, Gonzaga
36. Tyger Campbell, UCLA

FOURTH ROUND
37. Dawson Garcia, North Carolina
38. David McCormack, Kansas
39. Will Richardson, Oregon
40. Marcus Sasser, Houston
41. Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona
42. Jalen Duren, Memphis

Duren was a steal 3rd round. could be CPOY. Maybe even AA honors.

Should be a monster in the paint. Will he score enough to merit CPOY honors?

The American actually has way more talent at the top than they typically do. I wouldn't be surprised if Duren is the CPOY. But, there will certainly be plenty of competition for the award. We've already had 5 guys from the American taken. Pretty sure the AAC has never had 5 guys taken in the top 50.

16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
21. Kendric Davis, SMU
25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
40. Marcus Sasser, Houston
42. Jalen Duren, Memphis

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm surprised Bates is still lingering. Once thought of.....system to flourish.
"I'm a idiot. Missed it.

I'm surprised Bates is still lingering. Once thought of.....system to flourish.
"I'm a idiot. Missed it.
He's not lingering, I drafted him a few rounds ago. I predict there is about a 20% chance he pans out in college so maybe I should've passed. but I'm always a sucker for the freshmen.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Javonte Perkins, St. Louis.

Thank you @dukedevilz for the help. The picks look good and I always appreciate you. This week I learned that Rivals won’t let me access it on my phone from the wifi in France. Which was weird because I could get on many other sites.

Oh well, trip was great and while I don’t want to go back to work, at least this draft means hoops is right around the corner!

Thank you @dukedevilz for the help. The picks look good and I always appreciate you. This week I learned that Rivals won’t let me access it on my phone from the wifi in France. Which was weird because I could get on many other sites.

Oh well, trip was great and while I don’t want to go back to work, at least this draft means hoops is right around the corner!
Glad you had a good time GE

Reactions: Jaycg15 and GE Nole

Wanna trade Dickinson for Remy?

They are so deep its hard to project who will emerge in the rotation imo. OT probably lowest floor imo. Gradys solid but has allen behind him, wheeler is solid but has mintz, and brooks is solid but has toppin. Super deep and thats not even everybody, collins, frederrick, tyty(taken), hopkins, ware

Reactions: JimboBBN and MGC_07
This could be risky, but I’m going with Isaiah Mobley, USC

@JimboBBN you’re up
I don’t think it’s risky. He was going to be my next pick if you hadn’t taken him. I think he’s set up for a great year. Dude averaged 10/7 on 47 from the field and 42 from 3 on a damn good USC team last year.

Reactions: WojoRising
I don’t think it’s risky. He was going to be my next pick if you hadn’t taken him. I think he’s set up for a great year. Dude averaged 10/7 on 47 from the field and 42 from 3 on a damn good USC team last year.
I think his stats should be pretty solid this year. I’m just worried about USC not winning enough and his win shares taking a hit, and he’s definitely not a lock for 1st Team All-PAC.

That’s the downside though, I think it’s a high upside pick.

Reactions: MGC_07

No problem! And I won't complain if you feel inclined to send me complimentary tickets to the Tuck.

Paris in October sounds delightful. I need to get out there... basketball right around the corner is definitely the #1 positive about this time of the year. My next favorite thing... I can finally stop mowing the grass. There's mowing season - and then there's basketball season. I much prefer the latter.

Reactions: GE Nole
TyTy Washington

@MGC_07

Love TyTy. I gave him a relatively modest ranking. Others have referenced this, but it's challenging to foresee if UK will actually have a bonadife go-to scorer. Lots of depth and experience. Lots of talented bodies to feed. But, if I were going to pick someone from Kentucky that might stand out among the rest, TyTy would definitely be the guy.

I would imagine that either Mills or Matt Cleveland wins ACC 6th MoY.

99% chance it's one of those two guys lol. Ham loves that coveted 6th Man Award.

Reactions: GE Nole and Jaycg15
No problem! And I won't complain if you feel inclined to send me complimentary tickets to the Tuck.

Paris in October sounds delightful. I need to get out there... basketball right around the corner is definitely the #1 positive about this time of the year. My next favorite thing... I can finally stop mowing the grass. There's mowing season - and then there's basketball season. I much prefer the latter.
Great point about the end of mowing season! And yes, wife and I agreed that we will prioritize her PTO weeks during the fall from now on (or at least until/if we decide to have kids) if we want to do somewhere in Europe because it really was great. 55-65 for highs, nice foliage, and probably 1/3 the tourists as summer.

100% please let me know if you’re in Tallahassee around the time of a game.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Love TyTy. I gave him a relatively modest ranking. Others have referenced this, but it's challenging to foresee if UK will actually have a bonadife go-to scorer. Lots of depth and experience. Lots of talented bodies to feed. But, if I were going to pick someone from Kentucky that might stand out among the rest, TyTy would definitely be the guy.

99% chance it's one of those two guys lol. Ham loves that coveted 6th Man Award.

Fwiw, a friend of mine who went to a few practices recently said Mills has been running hot and cold but when he’s on there’s no one on the team who can stop him. Polite was barely able to slow him down in terms of getting to his spots and hitting shots.

I hope to get to a practice in the next 10 days now that I’m back.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT