ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

I fell for that BS last year when you guys peer pressured me into drafting old man Charlie Moore. #neveragain #neverforget
I'm going to be honest. I had to look at a Depaul preview because I didn't know a single player on the roster this year. He is your leading returning scorer so I dropped that name.

I'm going to be honest. I had to look at a Depaul preview because I didn't know a single player on the roster this year. He is your leading returning scorer so I dropped that name.

How do you not know the name of Valpo's greatest player since Bryce Drew?

dammit, can someone list the picks so far cause I have no idea
I don’t have the picks list but I’ve been keeping the Three Man Weave top 100 players in my notes app and deleting the players when they get drafted. I can share the top 15 available.

1. Armando Bacot-UNC
2. Andrew Nembhard-Gonzaga
3. Tre Mitchell-Texas
4. Jaden Shackelford-Alabama
5. Marcus Sasser-Houston
6. Kellan Grady-UK
7. Dawson Garcia-UNC
8. Benedict Mathurin-Arizona
9. Matt Bradley-SDSU
10. Will Richardson-Oregon
11. Javonte Perkins-Saint Louis
12. Jalen Duran-Memphis
13. TyTy Washington-UK
14. James Akinjo-Baylor
15. Tyler Campbell-UCLA

Or collectively.
giphy.gif

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Updated results... And FWIW, Armando Bacot is my #1 player available. Don't want to see him available when I draft again.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7. Remy Martin, Kansas
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama
15. Marcus Carr, Texas
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt
18. Caleb Houstan, Michigan
19. Julian Champagnie, St.John's
20. Andre Curbelo, Illinois
21. Kendric Davis, SMU
22. Matthew Mayer, Baylor
23. Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
24. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

3RD ROUND
25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
26. Alex Barcello, BYU
27. Kennedy Chandler, Tennessee
28. Adam Flagler, Baylor
29. Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech
30. Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech
31. Patrick Baldwin, Milwaukee
32. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA

Gonzaga's 3rd and 4th wheels did well for me last year so I will take Andrew Nembhard. Maybe not the high ceiling but definitely a high floor.

@FaithPlusOne is up with 2 picks.

• Sad
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Gonzaga's 3rd and 4th wheels did well for me last year so I will take Andrew Nembhard. Maybe not the high ceiling but definitely a high floor.

@FaithPlusOne is up with 2 picks.

A few of you just picked who I had circled. Darn. It should be back to you in a little bit.

- Tyger Campbell, UCLA
- Garcia, UNC

Was pretty split on that homer-pick but I think he’s probably close enough to players left over where it isn’t too much of a stretch.

@boilerzz Back to you.

David McCormack is a guy that I think will be 1st team All Big 12 and honorable mention AA. Plus he will rack up some nice win shares. That's good enough for me.

@duckboy33 is on the clock and I'm guessing it will be back to me in a few days.

Reactions: dukedevilz
David McCormack is a guy that I think will be 1st team All Big 12 and honorable mention AA. Plus he will rack up some nice win shares. That's good enough for me.

@duckboy33 is on the clock and I'm guessing it will be back to me in a few days.

You may be right. I almost went with him. But figured I needed one homer pick and the way things were going I thought I might not get that chance.

You may be right. I almost went with him. But figured I needed one homer pick and the way things were going I thought I might not get that chance.
I would have been disappointed if you had. I had him in my queue in the 3rd round but figured I could roll the dice you wouldn't take him.

Good pick. I could see him being KU's most valuable player.

I would have been disappointed if you had. I had him in my queue in the 3rd round but figured I could roll the dice you wouldn't take him.

Worked out for you but that was pretty risky. I actually had typed it out and almost hit post. Probably would have been the smarter move, but fans will fan.

Good pick. I could see him being KU's most valuable player.
@dukedevilz two questions:

1. Since you are the Mel Kiper of the draft, think Chandler went too early round three?
2.Prob won't be around tomorrow for my next pick if it gets back to me- can I send you my list for next selection?

1. Since you are the Mel Kiper of the draft, think Chandler went too early round three?
2.Prob won't be around tomorrow for my next pick if it gets back to me- can I send you my list for next selection?
Not DD, but I liked it. We’re in the range of drafting on potential AA guys and he has as good a shot as any in this range. Probably the top offensive option on an underrated Tennessee team, and he showed his ability to lead his team to wins at Sunrise Christian.

Freshman are pretty boom or bust though. To go back to last year, every single recruit ranked 5-10 was taken too high in the draft. They were all pretty disappointing. Expand it to 11, and you get AA Jalen Suggs. They’re the most difficult to project.

Using the phone. Don't have my excel sheet on me right now. I know I had him as a third round grade, though. I want to say I had him at #29 overall. Very high ceiling. He's my #4 freshman prospect. Talented enough to be an All American.

And feel free to email at dukedevilz@yahoo.com

Updated draft results with my rankings in parenthesis.

Looks like I actually had Kennedy Chandler at #34. Still a third round grade.

Also, Athlon came out with their top 100 players earlier this week. So, that gives you 4 different lists to consider.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga (1)
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga (3)
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke (4)
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois (2)
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA (6)
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan (5)
7. Remy Martin, Kansas (14)
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana (7)
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova (9)
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State (8)
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue (10)