ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

I am struggling here. I’m split between a few guys. I’m going to roll with the one I think is more likely to be off the board when I am up in 6 picks.

Kendric Davis, SMU

@Noahtogo24 is on the clock

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycg15
I changed it from Sassar to Davis because Davis just has unbelievable counting numbers, I feel like he’s got a good shot as any at an HM all American spot, or better if SMU is decent.

Guys, I just wanted to give Nole the chance to draft his last pick

Hahaha the buildup was nice, though.

In hindsight, I should have taken Curbelo... just to be spiteful.
I changed it from Sassar to Davis because Davis just has unbelievable counting numbers, I feel like he’s got a good shot as any at an HM all American spot, or better if SMU is decent.

Davis has crazy numbers. And he was HM All-American last season. It's a nice, low-risk pick. He was #16 on my draft board.

Hahaha the buildup was nice, though.

In hindsight, I should have taken Curbelo... just to be spiteful.

Do you know how crazy Illinois fans are? @MGC_07 hasn’t been seen anywhere except online since he drafted Kofi.

curious where you ranked Curbelo.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Do you know how crazy Illinois fans are? @MGC_07 hasn’t been seen anywhere except online since he drafted Kofi.

curious where you ranked Curbelo.

I like Curbelo. He definitely has a high ceiling. I think he's good enough to be 1st or 2nd Team All-American. Guess you just worry about his floor.

Of the the first 21 picks in the draft, 20/21 were in my top 21. The actual draft has been relatively close to my rankings. I expect the variances will finally take hold in Round 3.

1. Drew Timme
2. Kofi Cockburn
3. Chet Holmgren
4. Paolo Banchero
5. Hunter Dickinson
6. Johnny Juzang
7. Trayce Jackson-Davis
8. EJ Liddell
9. Collin Gillespie
10. Jaden Ivey
11. Scotty Pippen Jr.
12. Max Abmas
13. Trevion Williams
14. Remy Martin
15. Julian Champagnie
16. Kendric Davis
17. Javhon Quinerly
18. Marcus Carr
19. Emoni Bates
20. ???
21. Andre Curbelo

I've got Matthew Mayer at #39 and Caleb Houstan at #41. Those two could still very much be in play for All-American spots. I think anyone in the top 50 has a decent shot.

I like Curbelo. He definitely has a high ceiling. I think he's good enough to be 1st or 2nd Team All-American. Guess you just worry about his floor.

Of the the first 21 picks in the draft, 20/21 were in my top 21. The actual draft has been relatively close to my rankings. I expect the variances will finally take hold in Round 3.

1. Drew Timme
2. Kofi Cockburn
3. Chet Holmgren
4. Paolo Banchero
5. Hunter Dickinson
6. Johnny Juzang
7. Trayce Jackson-Davis
8. EJ Liddell
9. Collin Gillespie
10. Jaden Ivey
11. Scotty Pippen Jr.
12. Max Abmas
13. Trevion Williams
14. Remy Martin
15. Julian Champagnie
16. Kendric Davis
17. Javhon Quinerly
18. Marcus Carr
19. Emoni Bates
20. ???
21. Andre Curbelo

I've got Matthew Mayer at #39 and Caleb Houstan at #41. Those two could still very much be in play for All-American spots. I think anyone in the top 50 has a decent shot.

So , you're saying there's a chance Mayer can make the AA list ? ;)

Yeah, prob drafted him too high...

Well, you gotta like how efficient he was. FWIW, he had a higher player efficiency rating last season than Remy Martin, Collin Gillespie, and Jaden Ivey - all of whom were first round picks. If he can maintain those rates, with bigger minutes and more asked of him, he'll have a very good shot at being an All-American.

He's hard to gauge, however, because his minutes were so low. Often times when the minutes go up, the efficiency comes down. He's very much capable of performing at an All-American level, though.

Reactions: Noahtogo24

I like Mayer a lot, but Baylor is a tough place to draft for. They have 4 starters in the top 100 players for this upcoming season. I could very well see Mayer taking a huge step and being their best player, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see it be Adam Flagler or James Akinjo either.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I’ll take Alex Barcello, wrapping up the crown for the whitest team ever in only round 3

@Noahtogo24 you’re up

Impressive! Haven't really followed something like that closely, but I want to say that's never been done before in each of the first three rounds.

Boeheim and Barcello can both shoot lights out... but I swear I've never seen either one of them dunk.

Can we get this guy disqualified for not having a woke team?

You make a fair point. Barcello didn't even post a black square on his Instagram. No shame.

Jordan Bohannon's got to be excited that he finally has a decent chance at being drafted this year.

Impressive! Haven't really followed something like that closely, but I want to say that's never been done before in each of the first three rounds.

Boeheim and Barcello can both shoot lights out... but I swear I've never seen either one of them dunk.

You make a fair point. Barcello didn't even post a black square on his Instagram. No shame.

Jordan Bohannon's got to be excited that he finally has a decent chance at being drafted this year.
No doubt, Iowa’s roster is to me what the state of Florida is to college football recruiting

I’ll take Alex Barcello, wrapping up the crown for the whitest team ever in only round 3

@Noahtogo24 you’re up
ben-affleck-basketball.gif

Keve Aluma

Sorry, I've been working a lot this time, so I don't have a spreadsheet built for quick picks this year.

I think Terrence Shannon is gonna bust out big time.

Hopefully the last proxy pick, but I'll take Terrence Shannon of Texas Tech. @hailtoyourvictor is on the clock.

A month ago or so I included a list of roughly 20 of top SFs in the country, and GE Nole made this comment. I feel like that's a solid reason for taking Shannon at this point.

GE Nole also mentioned that he would be back on the 15th, which is tomorrow. Once Friday arrives, I'll wait a full 24 hours before even attempting to make another pick for him.

I'll take the guy that is second most likely to win Pac 12 POY. He actually had more Win Shares than Juzang...

Jaime Jaquez.

@WeAreDePaul is on the clock.

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT