ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

I think that’s the better pick just because of the amount of good big men.
Agree. I also think Ivey, if he makes tremendous strides, can get himself into the 1st or 2nd team AA talk and maybe B1G POY. Not predicting it by any stretch but think he has that potential.

I don't see that upside for Trevion, especially with Edey demanding 16-20 minutes. He's likely at best 3rd team AA and 1st team All B1G.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I’ll take:
- Trevion Williams
- Max Abmas

@boilerzz you’re back on the clock.

Nicely done. If nothing else, I think both of these guys should at least be Honorable Mention All-Americans - which is more valuable than 1st Team All-Conference. Wouldn't be shocking if they both made one of the AA teams.

Damn, that was quick. And thanks for not making me be a 2 time homer @FaithPlusOne.

I was seriously considering Abmas too. All but guaranteed conference POY and a win shares behemoth. I would expect him to be a 2nd or 3rd team AA this year. It's one of the safest picks on the board so far.

Since this is my last pick until #35, I feel like I need to swing for the fences and grab a guy with a great shot at a P5 conference POY and high win share total. So for that reason, I'm going to roll with Javon Quinerly.

@Noahtogo24 this one is for you:

quinerly+drive.gif

@duckboy33 is on the clock.

I like Quinerly a lot. Solid pick for the 2nd Round. He would be my frontrunner for the SEC POY. Pippen will have a decent shot if Vandy can be anywhere near .500 in league play.

How about 15 picks in one day?! That's gotta be some kind of record.

We’re approaching a big drop off in proven players IMO. It’s beginning to be either potential based or good stats bad team situations. Sorting through this range and trying to land the good players is the most fun part of the draft.

Yup. The obvious players are mostly taken. Now is the time when you have to take some sort of risk. Pretty sure we don't have any remaining 1st Team All-Conference players on top 25 teams. So, you might go with someone who has All-American potential... or maybe take one of the stars of a lesser team, in the hopes that the team will win more games.

FWIW, of the 15 players taken, the lowest ranked player on my draft board is #18. Really solid picks so far. No head-scratchers.

1. Drew Timme
2. Kofi Cockburn
3. Chet Holmgren
4. Paolo Banchero
5. Hunter Dickinson
6. Johnny Juzang
7. Trayce Jackson-Davis
8. EJ Liddell
9. Collin Gillespie
10. Jaden Ivey
11. ???
12. Max Abmas
13. Trevion Williams
14. Remy Martin
15. ??
16. ??
17. Javhon Quinerly
18. Marcus Carr

Reactions: MGC_07
Time to see who @dukedevilz #11 ranked player is.

Haha yep. It's actually a pretty low risk player... Scotty Pippen Jr. @hailtoyourvictor is on the clock.

Should at least be HM All-American. He might be able to sneak in as 2nd or 3rd Team All-American if Vanderbilt can be anywhere near .500 in SEC play. If Liam Robbins can stay healthy, they should have a much better team.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7. Remy Martin, Kansas
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama
15. Marcus Carr, Texas
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt

Reactions: Jaycg15 and MGC_07
Emoni Bates certainly created a lot of buzz during his high school career. What happened in the last year? How do you go from a "generational talent" to the #4 player in your class?

There's not a whole lot to find on his weaknesses on some of these NBA draft sites... Wingspan is the same as his height, sometimes takes too many contested shots, needs to get stronger. That doesn't sound too damning. So who knows? He very easily could be a 1st Team All-American.

Reactions: MGC_07
Haha yep. It's actually a pretty low risk player... Scotty Pippen Jr. @hailtoyourvictor is on the clock.

Should at least be HM All-American. He might be able to sneak in as 2nd or 3rd Team All-American if Vanderbilt can be anywhere near .500 in SEC play. If Liam Robbins can stay healthy, they should have a much better team.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7. Remy Martin, Kansas
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama
15. Marcus Carr, Texas
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt

I thought pretty hard about taking Pippen Jr., but I like the selections I made.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Big Ten had 6 first round picks. Impressive.
Unfortunately, that means one of those 6 won't be 1st team all conference. Their owner better hope they are at least HM AA.

Sadly for FP1 and me, it's probably one of the Purdue guys.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Big Ten had 6 first round picks. Impressive.

Unfortunately, that means one of those 6 won't be 1st team all conference. Their owner better hope they are at least HM AA.

Sadly for FP1 and me, it's probably one of the Purdue guys.

Which was our entire point about calling anyone a lock. The Big Ten is loaded with talent. Hunter Dickinson was a second team all American and didn’t make 1st team all conference.

Which was our entire point about calling anyone a lock. The Big Ten is loaded with talent. Hunter Dickinson was a second team all American and didn’t make 1st team all conference.
Some people still think voters care about positions. The B1G could easily have all 5 members of the 1st team all conference play PF/C this year. Last year, Ayo was the only guard on the 1st team. Hell, he was the only true guard on the first 2 teams.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Some people still think voters care about positions. The B1G could easily have all 5 members of the 1st team all conference play PF/C this year. Last year, Ayo was the only guard on the 1st team. Hell, he was the only true guard on the first 2 teams.

Yup

Do I win it if I was more of a homer and pick Hunter Dickinson?
We’re you considering him in the last round?

I wasn’t saying the Houstan thing was a bad pick. If UM is good, which I expect them to be, and he is your second best player he has a great shot at HM AA or higher. I was just noting it was the first instance of someone taking their own team.

Do I win it if I was more of a homer and pick Hunter Dickinson?

Depends what round you would have picked him. Dickinson would have earned you 11.8 points (8 pts for 2nd Team AA + 3.8 Win Shares). You needed 2.8 points to win. So, the guy Dickinson is replacing would have had to earn 9 points or less.

You would have won the title if you took Dickinson in any round, minus round 2 (Evan Mobley), round 3 (Franz Wagner), round 7 (Isaiah Livers), and round 10 (Neemias Queta).

Depends what round you would have picked him. Dickinson would have earned you 11.8 points (8 pts for 2nd Team AA + 3.8 Win Shares). You needed 2.8 points to win. So, the guy Dickinson is replacing would have had to earn 9 points or less.

You would have won the title if you took Dickinson in any round, minus round 2 (Evan Mobley), round 3 (Franz Wagner), round 7 (Isaiah Livers), and round 10 (Neemias Queta).

@MGC_07 “homer”

You’re the master of twisting words man. I jokingly called Caleb Houstan a homer pick because he was the first instance of someone drafting their teams player, and you have completely shifted the conversation.

I will repeat the part you ignored for the sake of your argument. I think Caleb Houstan is a good pick.

Reactions: Jaycg15
You’re the master of twisting words man. I jokingly called Caleb Houstan a homer pick because he was the first instance of someone drafting their teams player, and you have completely shifted the conversation.

I will repeat the part you ignored for the sake of your argument. I think Caleb Houstan is a good pick.

I should’ve been more of a homer last year

@Jaycg15 after I rudely stole Kofi from you, Curbelo is still on the board here. You can still get your Illini.

ADVERTISEMENT