ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

Whatever hope the rest of you had that I wasn't playing, flush it down the drain. The raping will continue.

You are ruthless.

wasz6vjIiE9PJu6y.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JimboBBN
@WojoRising I am ready to officially switch draft positions if you are.

Sounds good to me. This probably confirms that I’ll finish last and you’ll win the league

That works.

So, the order of 6 posters appears to be confirmed.

1. JimboBBN
2. WojoRising
7. hailtoyourvictor
8. dukedevilz
11. boilerzz
12. FaithPlusOne

-MGC_07 and Noahtogo24 will battle for 3rd

-Jaycg15 and GE Nole will battle for 5th

-duckboy33 and WeAreDePaul will battle for 9th

Reactions: WojoRising
To our three newcomers to the league, @duckboy33 @FaithPlusOne @Noahtogo24, just be aware that the postseason awards are not part of a tiered scoring system. For example, if someone was the National Player of the Year (10 pts), Final Four MOP (6 points), Conference Player of the Year (5 points), and the Conference DPOY (4 points), they wouldn't receive 25 points. They would only receive points for the highest award, so they'd receive 10 points for NPOY in this instance. I feel like including multiple postseason awards would unnecessarily inflate the scores. Would be a HUGE advantage for those players that win multiple awards.

I love the scoring of Win Shares + Postseason Accolades. It's roughly a 50-50 split. Anthony Davis had 9.93 Win Shares in 2012. He was also the NPOY, and he would have received 10 points for that. There have been a few players prior to 2010 that exceeded 10 Win Shares in a season. All-Americans are typically in the 6-8 Win Share range. While their postseason awards are 9 for 1st Team, 8 for 2nd Team, and 7 points for 3rd Team. Not perfect, of course, but it's a great way of catching both sides of a player's impact, advanced stats + perception of the best players, as seen by the actual voters. Win Shares also aren't perfect, but they do a relatively good job at measuring a player's impact on the team.

Reactions: WojoRising
The PAC 12 gives out 10 first team all conference honors. Any guy you draft from the conference has a better chance of making first team than others.

Reactions: duckboy33
The PAC 12 gives out 10 first team all conference honors. Any guy you draft from the conference has a better chance of making first team than others.

Nah. Corrected that two seasons ago, I believe. First team includes CPOY and the next 4 highest in Win Shares, among the remaining 9 1st Teamers. The bottom 5 in Win Shares from the 1st team will comprise the 2nd Team. And 2nd Team All Pac 12 actually only includes 5 players, so they all fit in perfectly for the 3rd Team.

I think I briefly mentioned that in my original post. But yeah, no freebie 1st Teamers for scoring purposes.

Reactions: MGC_07
Nah. Corrected that two seasons ago, I believe. First team includes CPOY and the next 4 highest in Win Shares, among the remaining 9 1st Teamers. The bottom 5 in Win Shares from the 1st team will comprise the 2nd Team. And 2nd Team All Pac 12 actually only includes 5 players, so they all fit in perfectly for the 3rd Team.

I think I briefly mentioned that in my original post. But yeah, no freebie 1st Teamers for scoring purposes.
Oh ok my bad. Well I’m glad I revealed that and know this now. Part of my strategy was to overly draft PAC 12 players to get those bonus points.

Looks like I forgot to post how the scoring was finalized for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Teams for the Pac-12 and SEC. But, I spoke about it a little before the season ended. Timmy Allen was someone who was on the actual 1st Team, but for scoring purposes, he was on the 2nd Team. I spoke about Remy Martin most likely being a 2nd Teamer on my scoring. He ended up on the HM All-American team, so I actually gave bad advice. Thought he was bound for the 2nd Team.

That's a tough call. The SEC gets eight 1st Team All-Conference members. For the scoring purposes of 1st Team in this league, I'm only going to select the CPOY and the next 4 highest, according to Win Shares. The three that were left off plus the top two guys in Win Shares from the 2nd Team will earn 3 points for 2nd Team. Here are the Win Share leaders in the SEC.

Win Shares
1.Moses Moody Arkansas3.2
2.Tolu Smith Mississippi State2.5
3.John Petty Alabama2.5
4.Herb Jones Alabama2.5
5.John Fulkerson Tennessee2.4
6.Iverson Molinar Mississippi State2.3
7.Cameron Thomas LSU2.3
8.Darius Days LSU2.3
9.Jaden Shackelford Alabama2.3
10.Devontae Shuler Ole Miss2.

If Tennessee can maintain a healthy conference record, I think there's a good chance they get 1 of the 8 all-conference performers. I think Fulkerson would be the most likely candidate. And he's currently 5th in Win Shares. So, not a guarantee, but still a decent chance that he gets 4 points for 1st Team. Pac 12 selects 10 players for their All-Conference 1st Team - and 5 players for the 2nd Team. I think Martin will technically be a 1st Team performer, but he's no where near the top 10 list in Win Shares. He's 3 points in this scoring system, best case scenario. Martin currently has 1.6 Win Shares.

Win Shares
1.Evan Mobley USC3.7
2.McKinley Wright IV Colorado3.4
3.Oscar Da Silva Stanford3.2
4.James Akinjo Arizona2.4
5.Chris Duarte Oregon2.4
6.Tahj Eaddy USC2.3
7.Bennedict Mathurin Arizona2.3
8.Evan Battey Colorado2.2
9.Jaime Jaquez UCLA2.2
10.Jeriah Horne Colorado2.2

Would still be tough to part ways with Martin because of his scoring capabilities. I wonder a little if Fulkerson will be docked a bit for not having better-looking raw numbers. But overall, I think he has a slightly higher ceiling than Martin.

Here are the sudden death matches. The draft generator has to have at least 8 teams, that's why there's so many blanks.

3rd Pick
Noahtogo24-MGC-07.png

5th Pick
Jaycg15-GE-Nole.png

9th Pick
We-Are-De-Paul-duckboy33.png

Final Draft Order...

Round 1 (And All Odd Rounds)
1. JimboBBN
2. WojoRising
3. Noahtogo24
4. MGC_07
5. Jaycg15
6. GE Nole
7. hailtoyourvictor
8. dukedevilz
9. WeAreDePaul
10. duckboy33
11. boilerzz
12. FaithPlusOne

Round 2 (And All Even Rounds)
13. FaithPlusOne
14. boilerzz
15. duckboy33
16. WeAreDePaul
17. dukedevilz
18. hailtoyourvictor
19. GE Nole
20. Jaycg15
21. MGC_07
22. Noahtogo24
23. WojoRising
24. JimboBBN

I’d typically avoid drafting from the same team immediately after pick one, but I can’t not.

Chet Holmgren.

@Noahtogo24 you’re up

Can't blame you. Zags had 3 All-Americans last year. No reason to believe Timme and Chet won't both be AA this year. And Chet's ceiling is ridiculously high.

@dukedevilz could you copy and paste the order of the draft onto the first post of the thread. It would make finding the order much easier going forward if anyone forgets.

@GE Nole is out of the country. I haven't received any list from him (anyone can feel free to send me a private message, or email me at dukedevilz@yahoo.com if you'd like to send a list to me). So, I'll go ahead an select for him.

Hunter Dickinson, Michigan

@hailtoyourvictor is on the clock.

That was a pretty obvious pick, right? I mean, Dickinson was a 2nd Team All-American. No way should anyone have expectations of him ever sliding to #7.

@GE Nole is out of the country. I haven't received any list from him (anyone can feel free to send me a private message, or email me at dukedevilz@yahoo.com if you'd like to send a list to me). So, I'll go ahead an select for him.

Hunter Dickinson, Michigan

@hailtoyourvictor is on the clock.

That was a pretty obvious pick, right? I mean, Dickinson was a 2nd Team All-American. No way should anyone have expectations of him ever sliding to #7.
@dukedevilz fires the first shot in the brand new @hailtoyourvictor vs @GE Nole rivalry!

@dukedevilz fires the first shot in the brand new @hailtoyourvictor vs @GE Nole rivalry!

What's interesting is, because of where they fall alphabetically, those two have always drafted back-to-back. Granted this is probably the pick that hurts the most, but I'm guessing it's not the first time that a highly sought-after player has been stolen.

Apparently we aren’t letting any of these guys draft the players from their school.

Someone needs to take Trevion Williams before @boilerzz picks too.

lol it's crazy how that has worked.

I'm not so certain Trevion Williams will be the first Purdue player taken, though. You'd think between Ivey and Williams, at least one of them should be available at #11.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT