ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Here's how the rosters look after the draft.

Teams.png

Teams-1.png
Teams-2.png

Go to this post to see three different rankings of top 100 players.

Final Draft Order...

Round 1 (And All Odd Rounds)
1. JimboBBN
2. WojoRising
3. Noahtogo24
4. MGC_07
5. Jaycg15
6. GE Nole
7. hailtoyourvictor
8. dukedevilz
9. WeAreDePaul
10. duckboy33
11. boilerzz
12. FaithPlusOne

Round 2 (And All Even Rounds)
13. FaithPlusOne
14. boilerzz
15. duckboy33
16. WeAreDePaul
17. dukedevilz
18. hailtoyourvictor
19. GE Nole
20. Jaycg15
21. MGC_07
22. Noahtogo24
23. WojoRising
24. JimboBBN

Without a doubt the most important thing you'll do all week is commit to the upcoming college basketball draft. It's life-changing.

Here are the results of last year's draft. @boilerzz destroyed the field and drafted 3 AP All-Americans in Ayo Dosunmu, Jalen Suggs, and Quentin Grimes.

Looking for at least 10 posters. But, I'm always open to having more participate. Just let me know in this thread. Hoping to start drafting next week. So, we draft 10 rounds of players. You'll have roughly 6-8 weeks to lock in on an 8-man rotation. The scoring will be a combination of win shares + postseason accolades. Please let me know if you think any part of the scoring system needs to be reexamined.

Scoring system for postseason awards
10 points- National Player of the Year (AP for All-American Teams)
9 points- 1st Team All-American
8 points- 2nd Team All-American
7 points- 3rd Team All-American; NABC Defensive POY
6 points- Honorable Mention All-American; Final Four MOP
5 points- Conference Player of the Year; All Tournament Team
4 points- 1st Team All-Conference; Conference Defensive POY; NCAA Regional MOP
3 points- 2nd Team All-Conference; All Regional Team
2 points- 3rd Team All-Conference; All-Conference Defense; Conference Tournament MOP
1 point- Honorable Mention All-Conference; All Tournament Team

Players that aren't in a Power-6 Conference will have a lower point total for conference awards
3 points- Conference POY
2 points- 1st Team All-Conference
1 point- 2nd Team All-Conference

However, if a conference has 4 teams in the KenPom top 50, they should be granted the full amount of points. If they have 4 teams in the top 100, I'll only deduct 1 point (i.e. 4 points for CPOY, 3 points for 1st Team All-Conference). From last season, the Power 6 conferences all received 4 points for 1st Team All-Conference. While, the AAC, MWC, WCC, C-USA, and A-10 received 3 points for 1st Team. The remaining 21 conferences would have a 2 point deduction, and thus only receive 2 points for 1st Team All-Conference. The MVC and MAC were both close to having 4 teams in the top 100.

Also, be aware the Pac-12 and SEC don't delineate all-conference awards in a typical 5 players for each team format. Pac-12 has 10 on the first team; SEC has 8. With the scoring system, we will make a clear distinction of who is awarded with 1st Team Points and 2nd Team Points.

@WeAreDePaul @MGC_07 @JimboBBN @hailtoyourvictor @GE Nole @Jaycg15 @WojoRising

Last edited:
I am most certainly in, and feeling very good that this is the year I move up to that 7-8 range in the standings.

The draft can be brutal some years. You lost your 1st Round Pick after just a few games. Hard to recover from that.

Back to defend my title. More than happy to give the little people another opportunity for a beatdown.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Pain brings pleasure. I'm in

Time to draft your own Redeem Team. Just don't take Garrison Brooks in the 2nd Round :)

Back to defend my title. More than happy to give the little people another opportunity for a beatdown.

Perfect! Your team was loaded last year. Guess we'll see if it was one-hit wonder - or perhaps your ability to evaluate talent is simply far superior to us little guys.

Reactions: boilerzz
Also, I'm thinking about using a simulator to decide the draft order. Maybe taking the average of three simulations, and I'll take the average. The draft, of course, will use a snake format. If you draft first in opening round, you'll also draft first in all odd rounds, and last in all even rounds.

@FaithPlusOne @imajericho @Villian07 @ExitFlagger @SheriffBufordTJustice

Now that this is a year to go A-Z I am 100% in favor of the simulator thingie.

Oh, and of course I'm in for this balls deep.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Already up to 6 posters. This is filling up quicker than most years. I'm cool with having more than 10 posters.

dukedevilz
WojoRising
JimboBBN
boilerzz
FaithPlusOne
WeAreDePaul

U gonna out put ur top 150 players so ill have something to reference 😝

I think this year I'll wait until after the draft to release my top 150. My list doesn't exactly equate to how I would rank the players. But, sometimes I feel like my list is being followed too closely. However, I'll certainly include a couple of gurus who have created a top 100 list.

So are you joining this year?

It's well known around the draft league that @dukedevilz purposely screws up his own top 150 list because he knows all the dummies in the league use it to draft. He's playing chess while the rest of us are playing Chutes and Ladders.

Haha partially true. I try to make it a legit list. But yeah, I definitely never followed that list myself when drafting.

I’m in @dukedevilz but I’m out of the country from the 8th to 15th of October. Not saying to plan around me, but just sharing in case it’s helpful.

I did this past two years, but ended up missing deadlines so dropped out. I hate doing that so IDK whether to pull the trigger this season or not.

I'm an idiot, I was confusing the weekly picks.

In if room!

Absolutely!

I’m in @dukedevilz but I’m out of the country from the 8th to 15th of October. Not saying to plan around me, but just sharing in case it’s helpful.

Not sure I'll be around much this upcoming weekend. So, I might wait til Monday, October 11th. That would give time to finalize the participants, come up with a draft order, and study/evaluate the top prospects.

To be on the safe side, you might want to send me a top 25-50 list. Don't think you would be miss more than two rounds. Those first couple rounds are pretty critical, of course.

Also, you can't tell us that you're going out of the country without telling us where. Is it some exotic island?

U gonna out put ur top 150 players so ill have something to reference 😝

Can you confirm if you intend to participate in the draft?

I’m swamped the next few days at work but I’ll see if I can sketch out a top 40 list on the plane and maybe send when I’m in room trying to fight jet lag insomnia.

We are headed to Paris. Google flights alerted me to a great deal on tickets a couple months back and we just jumped on it. I’ve been for two days about 20 years ago as a 20 year old, but wife has never been. So I’ll get to do some of the more romantic things this time.

So, as of right now I have 9 confirmed participants.

dukedevilz
WojoRising
JimboBBN
boilerzz
FaithPlusOne
WeAreDePaul
MGC_07
Noahtogo24
GE Nole

Waiting on confirmation from Villian07.

Would also like to hear from a couple of our Big Ten guys from last year @Jaycg15 and @hailtoyourvictor

@duckboy33 I think you would do well in this draft, too.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I’m swamped the next few days at work but I’ll see if I can sketch out a top 40 list on the plane and maybe send when I’m in room trying to fight jet lag insomnia.

We are headed to Paris. Google flights alerted me to a great deal on tickets a couple months back and we just jumped on it. I’ve been for two days about 20 years ago as a 20 year old, but wife has never been. So I’ll get to do some of the more romantic things this time.

Awesome! Paris sounds delightful.

I'll post a couple of top 100 lists here in a little bit. That might help you save a little time trying to track the top guys.

Reactions: GE Nole

dukedevilz
WojoRising
JimboBBN
boilerzz
FaithPlusOne
WeAreDePaul
MGC_07
Noahtogo24
GE Nole

Would also like to hear from a couple of our Big Ten guys from last year @Jaycg15 and @hailtoyourvictor

I don't follow the national scene as much as some of you all do but I'll give it a shot if you have room for another.

dukedevilz
WojoRising
JimboBBN
boilerzz
FaithPlusOne
WeAreDePaul
MGC_07
Noahtogo24
GE Nole

I'll do it.

Na im out. Hell ive never seen half of louisvilles roster play, much less all the other teams. Its fun to follow from the outside looking in

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT