ADVERTISEMENT

50 Greatest Programs of All-Time (Updated Through 2021)

Glass Jaw, Jayhawk
I looked up pictures from Iowa on Google. Usually when you look something up the most well known results come in first. That means these are considered to be some of the top pictures of the state of Iowa.

tom-zittergruen-394053iowa.jpg

iowa-1000x667.jpg

I4Ln9SwAHApPINGsrUzijyk8jfVCqGWLDYBUgaRuqvTGPSkfJtqdgTaITp8-WU1b7WqL1qBSdOm5cDE7JLdaGyHszSvNnqgqPJpI9vEfHd-Yk61mDWAUZbWmOw2UIx0

506369184.jpg

Reactions: hawkit3113
This whole thread stinks like piss.

Kansas St lolol. Loser

IL, you really are just that bad at numbers. Lol

This whole thread stinks like piss.

Kansas St lolol. Loser

IL, you really are just that bad at numbers. Lol

Let's compare the numbers for Kansas State and Iowa.

NCAA Tournaments: 31-26, K-State leads
Sweet 16's: 17-8, K-State leads
Elite 8's: 13-4, K-State leads
Final 4's: 4-3, K-State leads
Title Games: 1-1, Tie
Conference Titles: 12-6, K-State leads

The numbers are not very close. No objective person would say that Iowa has accomplished more than Kansas State. So, either you're being obtuse, or you're just wildly lazy with how you examine actual data.

Reactions: Farm-Cat
Let's compare the numbers for Kansas State and Iowa.

NCAA Tournaments: 31-26, K-State leads
Sweet 16's: 17-8, K-State leads
Elite 8's: 13-4, K-State leads
Final 4's: 4-3, K-State leads
Title Games: 1-1, Tie
Conference Titles: 12-6, K-State leads

The numbers are not very close. No objective person would say that Iowa has accomplished more than Kansas State. So, either you're being obtuse, or you're just wildly lazy with how you examine actual data.
Kentucky has more Elite Eights than Iowa does tournament appearances. Crazy

Kentucky has more Elite Eights than Iowa does tournament appearances. Crazy

It's absurd, really. If I'm looking at the numbers correctly, Kentucky has been to the Elite Eight 38 times. Only UCLA, UNC, Kansas, Duke, Indiana, Louisville, Villanova, and Syracuse have more NCAAT appearances than Kentucky has Elite Eight appearances.

It's absurd, really. If I'm looking at the numbers correctly, Kentucky has been to the Elite Eight 38 times. Only UCLA, UNC, Kansas, Duke, Indiana, Louisville, Villanova, and Syracuse have more NCAAT appearances than Kentucky has Elite Eight appearances.
Interesting that Nova is in that group. The Elite Eight has definitely been our achilles heal. 17 out of 38 isn't a great percentage.

Interesting that Nova is in that group. The Elite Eight has definitely been our achilles heal. 17 out of 38 isn't a great percentage.

why is it interesting that Villanova is in there. They have 39 appearances (including 1971*) across the 9 decades starting in 1939. Syracuse surprises me even though I think they are tied/close to Nova.

Last edited:
why is it interesting that Villanova is in there. They have 39 appearances (including 1971*) across the 9 decades starting in 1939. Syracuse surprises me even though I think they are tied/close to Nova.
I typically don’t associate Nova or Cuse that matter with those other seven but I guess thinking on it they have as much right to be in the conversation as Indiana or Louisville

Reactions: Bruiser1
Here are the top 20 NIT teams from 1939 to 1956. DePaul and LaSalle will both climb into the top 50 as a result of this.

-DePaul will go from 51st (171 points) all the way up to 40th (211 points).
-La Salle jumps from 53rd (157 points) to 45th (189 points), just ahead of Butler.
-Iowa doesn't accumulate any NIT points, and will fall from 47th to 50th.

Still ground to make up, though, as I'll add in a few more metrics like top 10 seasons, top 25 seasons, sub .500 records, sub .300 records.

NIT-1939to56.png

St.John's was the king of the NIT back in the day. They will climb from 38th to 25th overall. Seems fair to have them in the top 25, as they're in the top 10 for all-time wins.

Reactions: Maximus187
ADVERTISEMENT