ADVERTISEMENT

343 teams that will not win the national championship

I won’t disagree with #8. KU’s room for error isn’t reassuring. Not saying they can’t or won’t. I just don’t see it happening this year. I’d love to be wrong though.

Reactions: KisteK and npreston
Definitely not using that to help with my bracket since he's done it 2 years and put the National Championship winner on the list of "who can't win" both times even though it ended up being a 2 seed and a 1 seed that won it all

This guy has North Carolina, Michigan State, Arizona, and Gonzaga as 4 of the 8 national title contenders. i find that a bit interesting because they're all in Lunardi's West Region of Bracketology... Kentucky is also a projected 6 seed in the West. That would make for quite slugfest in the West. Probably not the best 1 seed in the region, but still a lot of quality, quality teams.

He thinks Arizona has a shot....LOLZ.

I tend to agree. Ayton is a monster, but not sure if he and a few other weapons on offense can make up for the lackluster play on defense.

But... teams tend to play pissed/inspired basketball when the NCAA doesn't like them. UNC (2017) and UConn (2014) are a couple of recent examples.

When you break Michigan down analytically, its hard to argue for there being a team who has a better shot than them to win it all.

They dont turn it over, they can shoot at all 5 positions, can switch every ball screen on defense at all 5 positions, and they limit 3 point opportunities to opponents by running them off the line.

Two months ago, they had the 49th ranked offense and 29th ranked defense and were 33rd in KenPom

Since Zavier Simpson became their full time point guard, their offense is up to 31 overall and defense up to 6 overall.

Theyve played Ohio State, Purdue, and Michigan State 6 times in that span going 4-2 and scoring at will in all 6 of those games with those good defensive teams showing they had no clue whatsoever how to defend them.

Michigan is the best team in the nation.

When you break Michigan down analytically, its hard to argue for there being a team who has a better shot than them to win it all.

They dont turn it over, they can shoot at all 5 positions, can switch every ball screen on defense at all 5 positions, and they limit 3 point opportunities to opponents by running them off the line.

Two months ago, they had the 49th ranked offense and 29th ranked defense and were 33rd in KenPom

Since Zavier Simpson became their full time point guard, their offense is up to 31 overall and defense up to 6 overall.

Theyve played Ohio State, Purdue, and Michigan State 6 times in that span going 4-2 and scoring at will in all 6 of those games with those good defensive teams showing they had no clue whatsoever how to defend them.

Not gonna lie, I really like this Michigan team to do some serious damage in the tourney.

Reactions: Mgkcbb and KisteK
I tend to agree. Ayton is a monster, but not sure if he and a few other weapons on offense can make up for the lackluster play on defense.

But... teams tend to play pissed/inspired basketball when the NCAA doesn't like them. UNC (2017) and UConn (2014) are a couple of recent examples.
He is a beast, but if they run into a team with a halfway decent defense they'll get throttled. The Pac-12 was terrible this year and they have a couple bad losses and don't really have any eye-popping wins. Purdue was by far the best team they played this year and they smoked the Cats by 25.

Definitely not using that to help with my bracket since he's done it 2 years and put the National Championship winner on the list of "who can't win" both times even though it ended up being a 2 seed and a 1 seed that won it all

You read that wrong. Both of those teams were in the 8 teams he listed as being the contenders.

I'm pretty surprised to see UNC as one of the 8 teams he thinks can win. Limping to the finish and seem to have lost all momentum. If the bracket setups nicely and they catch a few breaks I can see them making the F4 but I just don't think they're good enough to win it all.

Michigan is the best team in the Big 10.
FIFY, and even there I'm not sure if that's true but they are definitely the hottest right now. See if they can stay hot with this long break because the big 10 had to have their tournament in New York.

He is a beast, but if they run into a team with a halfway decent defense they'll get throttled. The Pac-12 was terrible this year and they have a couple bad losses and don't really have any eye-popping wins. Purdue was by far the best team they played this year and they smoked the Cats by 25.
If we are being honest, the team that got smoked in the Bahamas only shows up in flashes now.

There are way more styles that will smoke us than not, tho. We have no margin for error. Even when the team has come out pissed, it wears off and we go back to not defending. We could easily lose first round. We could also defend and get hot, but I doubt we suddenly do that. Miller needs to construct teams how he knows he should...tough athletes (especially wings), where almost everyone can switch.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Isn't that what people said about MSU two years ago before the tourney Winking

Free throws..just sayin

You read that wrong. Both of those teams were in the 8 teams he listed as being the contenders.

I'm pretty surprised to see UNC as one of the 8 teams he thinks can win. Limping to the finish and seem to have lost all momentum. If the bracket setups nicely and they catch a few breaks I can see them making the F4 but I just don't think they're good enough to win it all.
Oh, gotcha. Bookmarking that to use in a week then RollLaughRollLaugh

Sadly Carolina is among that group.

The Cinderella Cocks blew their load last year. With a rebuild year it was going to be tough. Still Frank Martin did an incredible job this season. The talented suggested a below .500 team. That 5 game collapse killed Carolina's tourney chances.

ADVERTISEMENT