ADVERTISEMENT

233 players enter the draft

oldsports_

Dec 18, 2010
"The NBA announced Tuesday night that 233 players — 175 players from colleges and other educational institutions and 58 international players — have filed as early entry candidates for the 2019 NBA Draft presented by State Farm.
That list does not include college seniors.
Only 60 players will get drafted on June 20 at Barclays Center."

Now, add 150 plus transfers to that list. It will be fun times the next couple of months.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’d like to see a figure of “out of those 175 college entries, how many even make a Summer League roster?”

Reactions: speedfrk
For once it seems like college basketball coaches might be underpaid. That's a lot of turnover, even if a lot of those guys will eventually be back.

Some will get their wish to room with 6 other guys and live on a 25$ chic fil gift card per week..

No doubt. Some of those European teams aren't well-funded and they have major cash flows issues. Paycheck to paycheck isn't always a guarantee. I was just reading up on some interesting stories from Tyler Smith, former Penn State forward. He didn't exactly have the glamour life of a basketball player.

I mean, its far from that. Some have no business declaring. Like IU's Justin Smith and Al Durham. Just stupid.
It’s not stupid. What’s there to lose? Coaches can prepare for them coming back and they get feedback on weaknesses of their game.

I mean, its far from that. Some have no business declaring. Like IU's Justin Smith and Al Durham. Just stupid.
It’s not stupid. What’s there to lose? Coaches can prepare for them coming back and they get feedback on weaknesses of their game.
Agreed, but what surprises me is that the nba is willing to take this on and evaluate all these guys that don’t have a prayer. You’d think they’d put a cap on it.

Reactions: speedfrk
Yeah, its stupid. The NBA could expand to 50 rounds, and neither SMith or Al would be drafted. This year, or next.

Glad you made the right decision last year weynen. The international players most of us don’t know dick about and they will turn out to be studs in 2-3 years in the league

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT