ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Pick'Em, Final Week! (Double-Points!!!)

Man, I thought their was a chance that I might have gotten a Pitt game to pick with them heading to Syracuse for what is going to be a slobber knocker.

Pitt is playing well enough where I think they will likely have an ACC game for the weekly Pick'Em. First time going 2-0 in ACC play (and 2 road wins no less) since the 2016 season.

This week of games are not impressive, unfortunately.

Last night's games were actually quite entertaining. Providence in double OT, Virginia made an impressive last-minute run to almost comeback, and OU pulled away late against Florida.

Hopefully the games tonight will deliver just the same. Should have lots of quality games to pick from next week.

I just can't pick against UVA in a free pickem contest. But at least I'm objective enough to only pick them at a 1 when I feel like they'll lose

Last night's games were actually quite entertaining. Providence in double OT, Virginia made an impressive last-minute run to almost comeback, and OU pulled away late against Florida.

Hopefully the games tonight will deliver just the same. Should have lots of quality games to pick from next week.
wait, Providence won? I turned the game off when Marquette was cruising late. Oklahoma won? Turned that one off as well cause it looked like Florida had it in the bag.

F-ing Virginia is the only team to screw me last night.

• Love
Reactions: jhmossy
Tuesday: Virginia at Miami
Tuesday: Oklahoma vs Florida (Charlotte, NC)
Tuesday: Marquette at Providence
Wednesday: TCU vs Utah (Salt Lake City, UT)
Wednesday: St. John's at Villanova
Wednesday: USC vs Colorado State (Phoenix, AZ)

6 Virginia
5 Marquette
4 USC
3 TCU
2 Florida
1 St. John's

Do you even follow basketball outside of Kentucky? 😀

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
I only got one game wrong, but it was 4 pointer. Looks like there were quite a few people who did better than that.

I got screwed by f-ing Virginia. If I could go back in time and change one thing in history I would go to Virginia a couple months ago, find the shooter and whisper in his ear "sure the guys on the football team are dicks, but you should hear what the basketball players are saying about you."

That cheating devil dukedevilz failed to give me a reminder this week. What a rat bastard,

Congrats to @ThePhog08 on a perfect week. He promised earlier that he would claw his way back to victory after missing the opening week. He's one step closer. And @mikeinknoxville has squeaked his way to the top of the leaderboard. It's very, very close right now.

Everybody's 2nd favorite Jew @jhmossy must have been anxious for the scores, anticipating a victory. Close, but not quite.

Kind of sad that the out-of-conference games are mostly over at this point. 6 conference matchups are slated for next week.

Week 7 Scores
ThePhog08- 21
jhmossy- 20
dukedevilz- 19
rockycard- 19
mikeinknoxville- 18
WeAreDePaul- 17
GE Nole- 16
MGC_07- 15
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 14
AWilli6995- 14
hailtoyourvictor- 13
Necessary Roughness- 13
KisteK- 13
coryfly- 12
PA_Panther- 12
lurkeraspect84- 11
IUfanBorden- 10
duckboy33- 9
Kevin Bryan- 7

Cumulative Scores
@mikeinknoxville- 96
@hailtoyourvictor- 95
@WeAreDePaul- 95
@IUfanBorden- 94
@jhmossy- 92
@rockycard- 91
@AWilli6995- 90
@MGC_07- 90
dukedevilz- 89
@GE Nole- 86
@Necessary Roughness- 84
@lurkeraspect84- 83
@duckboy33- 80
@PA_Panther- 80
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 80
@Kevin Bryan- 76
@ExitFlagger- 76
@coryfly- 72
@Noahtogo24- 60
@JimboBBN- 48
@ThePhog08- 65
@KisteK- 54
@BasketBallJunkie-UK- 38

Week 8 Games
Wednesday: Kentucky at Missouri
Wednesday: Alabama at Mississippi State
Saturday: Texas at Oklahoma
Saturday: Arizona at Arizona State
Saturday: Baylor at Iowa State
Saturday: San Diego State at UNLV

Oklahoma won? Turned that one off as well cause it looked like Florida had it in the bag.

You must have turned it off pretty early. It was a 2-point game at half and I want to say Oklahoma lead the last 12 minutes of the game.

That cheating devil dukedevilz failed to give me a reminder this week. What a rat bastard,

Tough break. I try to tag everybody as often as I can remember, but I know that's not always going to happen. Was short on time on Tuesday, as well.

Guess the good news is that when I drop everybody's lowest score, you'll know that your score won't be reduced.

what are you talking about? Who do you think owns all those stores?

Hah that's a funny concept that I've never considered before. Christmas is the best time of year for wealthy Jewish business owners. "Sure, celebrate Christmas all you want, simpletons. Thanks for helping me buy a yacht!"

Week 8 Games

6.Kentucky
5.Arizona
4.Baylor
3.Texas
2.Bama
1.UNLV

Reactions: mikeinknoxville

Missouri 6
Arizona 5
Baylor 4
Alabama 3
Texas 2
UNLV 1

Hah that's a funny concept that I've never considered before. Christmas is the best time of year for wealthy Jewish business owners. "Sure, celebrate Christmas all you want, simpletons. Thanks for helping me buy a yacht!"
they don't buy yachts. All their money goes right into the group fund titled "$$ to be used to continue to deprive black people of their rightful Jewish heritage"

they don't buy yachts. All their money goes right into the group fund titled "$$ to be used to continue to deprive black people of their rightful Jewish heritage"

Ha you making fun of Kyrie? He certainly has a few crazy beliefs.

Ha you making fun of Kyrie? He certainly has a few crazy beliefs.
Do you wished he played more for Duke and didn't get hurt?

Talent vs representation?

How much are we willing to sell out as fans of teams.?

Does Duke still claim him on NBA players who went to Duke?

You must have turned it off pretty early. It was a 2-point game at half and I want to say Oklahoma lead the last 12 minutes of the game.

Tough break. I try to tag everybody as often as I can remember, but I know that's not always going to happen. Was short on time on Tuesday, as well.

Guess the good news is that when I drop everybody's lowest score, you'll know that your score won't be reduced.

I know it won't matter in the end. Just giving you crap. :cool:

Do you wished he played more for Duke and didn't get hurt?

That 2011 team was dynamite with him and Nolan Smith in the backcourt. Seemed like the chemistry was off when he came back for the tournament. Felt like we had the best team in 2010-11. So yes, would have loved to seen him play the whole season healthy. With a healthy Kyrie, we wouldn't have been in the West Region.

Truthfully, I think Kyrie was the recruit I was the most excited about. His handle and ability to break down defenses off the dribble blew me away. And he's always been a darn good shooter, too. I thought our odds of repeating would be pretty high with him in the lineup.

Talent vs representation?

Not sure what you're asking. Is a great representative of Duke? Probably not. But, I'm not going to disown for a few crazy ideas.

How much are we willing to sell out as fans of teams.?

None. First season I rooted for Duke was 94-95; that was the year we went 2-14 in conference play.

You're going to have bad apples with every program. And I don't necessarily know if Kyrie is a bad apple. He's not an intellectual, clearly. You'll find lots of regular Joes with similar-ish beliefs; they just don't have the same platform. He's been caught in a few conspiracy theories.

If nothing else, he at least keeps things interesting.

Does Duke still claim him on NBA players who went to Duke?

Would the Duke faithful not claim him because he only played 11 games - or because of his crazy ideas? I still consider him a part of the program, though.

If I was forced to sell out one Duke player, it would probably be Taylor King.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Week 8 Games

6- Arizona
5- Baylor
4- Alabama
3- Kentucky
2- Texas
1- SDSU

what are you talking about? Who do you think owns all those stores?
Kanye West GIF

Week 8 Games

6. Kentucky
5. Texas
4. Baylor
3. Arizona
2. Alabama
1. SDSU

Congrats to @ThePhog08 on a perfect week. He promised earlier that he would claw his way back to victory after missing the opening week. He's one step closer. And @mikeinknoxville has squeaked his way to the top of the leaderboard. It's very, very close right now.

Everybody's 2nd favorite Jew @jhmossy must have been anxious for the scores, anticipating a victory. Close, but not quite.

Kind of sad that the out-of-conference games are mostly over at this point. 6 conference matchups are slated for next week.

Week 7 Scores
ThePhog08- 21
jhmossy- 20
dukedevilz- 19
rockycard- 19
mikeinknoxville- 18
WeAreDePaul- 17
GE Nole- 16
MGC_07- 15
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 14
AWilli6995- 14
hailtoyourvictor- 13