ADVERTISEMENT

2021 SEC/Big 12 Challenge matchups

I figured it was going to be Kansas versus Tennessee. Should be a great one. Glad it is on the schedule.

Reactions: della
Did Alabama finish that high in the SEC last year
How each school finished in the conference last year determines a lot of the matchups

Oklahoma, Texas, WVU and Texas Tech finished tied for third.

Plus didn't Alabama play Oklahoma last year as well.
Probably would have switched Arkansas and Alabama

Reactions: olsonab
Did Alabama finish that high in the SEC last year
How each school finished in the conference last year determines a lot of the matchups

Oklahoma, Texas, WVU and Texas Tech finished tied for third.

Plus didn't Alabama play Oklahoma last year as well.
Probably would have switched Arkansas and Alabama
Bama finished in the lower half of the SEC last year and they played KSU in the challenge, Oklahoma played MSU.

UT tends to get up for games against teams with U and K in their name.
True. KU under bill self almost always gets up for any big games. It is the random nobody’s that get us. Obviously we don’t win all the big games but they are always great games.

Can’t wait for the season. Self had a chip on his shoulder last year and his team (not his best) was really, really good. Easily the best in the nation (doesn’t mean anything for March success).

I believe he is going to have that same chip this year and it’ll show with his team. It isn’t a lot of star players which is the exact type of team that buys into his style and over achieves.

It may take some time for the development but I think you’ll see another 1 or 2 seed.

True. KU under bill self almost always gets up for any big games. It is the random nobody’s that get us. Obviously we don’t win all the big games but they are always great games.

Can’t wait for the season. Self had a chip on his shoulder last year and his team (not his best) was really, really good. Easily the best in the nation (doesn’t mean anything for March success).

I believe he is going to have that same chip this year and it’ll show with his team. It isn’t a lot of star players which is the exact type of team that buys into his style and over achieves.

It may take some time for the development but I think you’ll see another 1 or 2 seed.
I'm thrilled with the match up. We have had some exciting battles with Kansas over the years and I expect this one to live up to that standard.

I’m also a Tennessee fan. Obviously I’ll root for KU but excited for Tennessee’s team. They have a good squad. Always been a fan of Rick Barnes too.
I like Kansas, cause their coach and fan's are classy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This board has made me a fan of KU fans. They don't seem insecure or have the need to troll at all.

Some fans reek of desperation to be noticed.

I guess it's a blue blood thing.
Well, don't like em too much, cause the being classy thingie might me a sticking point for you on membership considering previous affiliation.

Well, don't like em too much, cause the being classy thingie might me a sticking point for you on membership considering previous affiliation.
What are you assuming this time?

KU fans are great. Not sure your problem with that.

I actually feel your pain @della. Losing to UT in basketball is kind of like UT losing to UK in football. It sucks, but we both know history is on our side so it's just a hiccup.

I can't be conceited and foolish and say "we've turned the corner and as long as our coach is here we'll continue to win", but we both know history don't lie.

156-74

I actually feel your pain @della. Losing to UT in basketball is kind of like UT losing to UK in football. It sucks, but we both know history is on our side so it's just a hiccup.

I can't be conceited and foolish and say "we've turned the corner and as long as our coach is here we'll continue to win", but we both know history don't lie.

156-74
History doesn't matter unless you're pathetic and need to feel good regardless of the lay of the land. It is what happens in the here and now that matters. Y'all won the game, it's just too bad that UK had to win a game to get some fans.

Regarding CBB, I think Barnes can go tow toe toe with Cal. So, as long as we have him y'all are in for a fight.

History doesn't matter unless you're pathetic and need to feel good regardless of the lay of the land. It is what happens in the here and now that matters. Y'all won the game, it's just too bad that UK had to win a game to get some fans.

Regarding CBB, I think Barnes can go tow toe toe with Cal. So, as long as we have him y'all are in for a fight.

Thanks for acknowledging UK has surpassed UT in football. History doesn't matter.

UK and UT split last season in basketball, we didn't split this year in football.

Y'all won the game, it's just too bad that UK had to win a game to get some fans.
That's odd. I could've sworn I heard "Go Big Blue" loud and clear in Neyland Stadium.
15080301.jpeg

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT