ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Pick 'Em, Final Standings

if you were the better Jew you'd hire someone else to do your math for you like I do.

Now I gotta go fire my math guy.

Besides, I'm pretty confident that @dukedevilz can figure it out despite his degree from East West Carolina State Tech or wherever he went.

lol close enough.

UNC Greensboro for undergrad. Western Carolina for grad school.

Arizona
UNC
Iowa State
Kansas

Sorry, was @ baseball clinic/then hospital. Not feeling well.

Just curious. Who would you have picked and where would you have slotted them?

Probably similar. The biggest difference is, I probably would have picked Houston to win. Arizona had 38 turnovers in their first two games of the tournament. And facing Houston when you're having issues with ball security? Yikes. I think a lot of people saw that coming.

I'm thinking my picks may have been...

12- Kansas
10- Gonzaga
8- Miami
6- UCLA
4- Houston
2- Duke

Probably similar. The biggest difference is, I probably would have picked Houston to win. Arizona had 38 turnovers in their first two games of the tournament. And facing Houston when you're having issues with ball security? Yikes. I think a lot of people saw that coming.

I'm thinking my picks may have been...

12- Kansas
10- Gonzaga
8- Miami
6- UCLA
4- Houston
2- Duke
Are you two points up on me after yesterday?

Really coming down to the wire.

Are you two points up on me after yesterday?

Really coming down to the wire.

You were up 2 points before this final week. Here's the juxtaposition of our picks.

lurkeraspect84
12 - Gonzaga
10 - KU
8 - UCLA
6 - Houston
4 - Iowa St
2 - Texas Tech

dukedevilz
10- Kansas
8- Miami
6- Arizona
4- Duke
2- UCLA

Currently, you've earned 6 points from the Houston win, while I received 4 points from the Duke win. That means you're actually up 4 points on me. Had Gonzaga won, this contest would have been over by now.

Kansas is a wash. So, the contest will be determined by the UCLA/UNC and Miami/Iowa State games.

Let's look at the different combinations:

UCLA and Iowa State wins: You beat me by 14 points
UCLA and Miami wins: You beat me by 2 points (even on the week)
North Carolina and Iowa State wins: You beat me by 8 points
North Carolina and Miami wins: I beat you by 4 points

My only chance at taking this is if North Carolina and Miami both win.... I think I'd rather just see North Carolina go ahead and lose. But, I'd take another Pick'Em title as a consolation. Odds are definitely in your favor.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Congrats, it was fun.

Crazy close! Didn't expect both games would go my way. Would rather UCLA just win, but I'll take it.

3 titles in 4 years. I think my biggest skill is just never missing games, though I did miss the start of this week lol.

Should we do 75 points on anyone who picks the Champion right now...or some adaptation?

Shits and giggles. @dukedevilz already won and choose to end it. :)

I've used the Sweet 16 as the finale because it's the last week where you can get 6 games. The Elite 8 is only 4 games, the window to get picks in is very small, and I won't have the scores tallied by then for certain posters to strategize.

Crazy close! Didn't expect both games would go my way. Would rather UCLA just win, but I'll take it.

3 titles in 4 years. I think my biggest skill is just never missing games, though I did miss the start of this week lol.

I've used the Sweet 16 as the finale because it's the last week where you can get 6 games. The Elite 8 is only 4 games, the window to get picks in is very small, and I won't have the scores tallied by then for certain posters to strategize.
Congrats guy. Truely. My first full year playing. Came up a little short.

I believe this was my 1st full year as well. I had fun.

@dukedevilz when you post the final tallies, will you post what the top 5 would've looked like w/o lowest score dropped? I'd like to see how close it was. If you don't have the time, no worries.

I'll see what I can do. Probably won't be until Monday.

Congrats guy. Truely. My first full year playing. Came up a little short.

Asterisk title. You did really, really well and very easily could have won.

naw, your biggest skill set is that you watch more games than anyone and know your shit.

Perfect attendance is NOT your biggest skill set. Perfect attendance is my best skill set and all it does is get me in back of the top 10 every year.

Congrats on the win and great job running the league again this year!

v1ZzDG.gif

Is it too late to get my picks in? After driving 10 hours to watch my team lose to a 15 seed in the Sweet 16, I've been holed up in bed for the last 96 hours.

Is it too late to get my picks in? After driving 10 hours to watch my team lose to a 15 seed in the Sweet 16, I've been holed up in bed for the last 96 hours.
Oh damn, didn’t know you were at that game. Talk about salt in the wound.

Oh damn, didn’t know you were at that game. Talk about salt in the wound.
Yep. Brutal. On the positive side, 2 of my groomsmen live near Philly so I got to spend extended time with them catching up and drinking many beers for the first time in more than a decade. So it was a good weekend marred by a painful couple of hours.

Congrats to @WeAreDePaul on winning the final week. On the cumulative side, I got lucky on this one. I missed the Arkansas game. If they lost, lurk takes this easily. The Miami game is what put me over the top. Great season. Here are the final results.

Week 20 Results
WeAreDePaul- 30
AWilli6995- 28
GE Nole- 26
rockycard- 26
boilerzz- 24
Exit Flagger- 22
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 22
dukedevilz- 22
duckboy33- 20
jhmossy- 20
lurkeraspect84- 16
Kevin Bryan- 12
IUfanBorden- 8

Cumulative Standings
TOP THREE

1. @dukedevilz- 281
2. @lurkeraspect84- 277
3. @Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 272

4TH THROUGH 10TH
4. @ExitFlagger- 271
5. @AWilli6995- 262
6. @Kevin Bryan- 259
7. @duckboy33- 257
8. @WeAreDePaul- 255
9. @jhmossy- 246
10. @IUfanBorden- 244

REST OF THE BUNCH
@boilerzz- 224
@GE Nole- 223
@ThePhog08- 155
@WestTexasRaider- 149
@MGC_07- 117
@coryfly- 114
@JimboBBN- 109
@Jaycg15- 71
@Noahtogo24- 70
@rockycard- 52
@bMORE607- 48
@mikeinknoxville- 46
@Lefty8- 45
@BasketBallJunkie-UK- 44
@hailtoyourvictor- 19
@fluoxetine- 15
@Villian07- 13
@PA_Panther- 12
@Dirt Road Boiler- 8
@Clay County Boiler- 7

Here's what the scores look like if the lowest scores weren't dropped. Almost no changes in the standings would have occurred. Only Borden and Mossy at 9th and 10th. WeAreDePaul gets the crown for the most weeks won during the season.

Total Points (Lowest Week Not Dropped)
1. dukedevilz- 281
2. lurkeraspect84- 277
3. Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 276
4. ExitFlagger- 272
5. AWilli6995- 266
6. Kevin Bryan- 263
7. duckboy33- 259
8. WeAreDePaul- 255
9. IUfanBorden- 248
10. jhmossy-247

Most weeks won during the 2021-22 season
WeAreDePaul- 4
IUfanBorden- 3
ThePhog08- 3
dukedevilz- 2
lurkeraspect84- 2
duckboy33- 2
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 1
ExitFlagger- 1
AWilli6995- 1
jhmossy- 1
GE Nole- 1
coryfly- 1
Jaycg15- 1

Here's what the scores look like if the lowest scores weren't dropped. Almost no changes in the standings would have occurred. Only Borden and Mossy at 9th and 10th. WeAreDePaul gets the crown for the most weeks won during the season.

1. dukedevilz- 281
2. lurkeraspect84- 277
4. ExitFlagger- 272
5. AWilli6995- 266
6. Kevin Bryan- 263
7. duckboy33- 259
8. WeAreDePaul- 255
9. IUfanBorden- 248
10. jhmossy-247

WeAreDePaul- 4
IUfanBorden- 3
ThePhog08- 3
dukedevilz- 2
lurkeraspect84- 2
duckboy33- 2
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 1
ExitFlagger- 1
AWilli6995- 1
jhmossy- 1
GE Nole- 1
coryfly- 1
Jaycg15- 1
Crazy we only won twice. Did you have a perfect score? I didn't. But we were right there all along.

Now here's the kicker.

I knew I wouldn't really have time so I used the ESPN BPI. I gave multiple hints. (been cheating all along)

All those that finished below me didnt' do better than them all above me were better than the BPI.

I'd look up odds of % of winning and rank them in order.

Judge me as you want.

*except for the week Bert picked them.

zero doubt I know nothing about college ball. thought I'd give something to measure by.

Turns out BPI is better than the average fan.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan

1. dukedevilz- 281
2. lurkeraspect84- 277
4. ExitFlagger- 272
5. AWilli6995- 266
6. Kevin Bryan- 263
7. duckboy33- 259
8. WeAreDePaul- 255
9. IUfanBorden- 248
10. jhmossy-247

WeAreDePaul- 4
IUfanBorden- 3
ThePhog08- 3
dukedevilz- 2
lurkeraspect84- 2
duckboy33- 2
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 1
ExitFlagger- 1
AWilli6995- 1
jhmossy- 1
GE Nole- 1
coryfly- 1
Jaycg15- 1
And all of my wins came in the later part of the season.

You guys are lucky this season ended when it did as I was on my way to winning this thing. Just needed 4-5 more weeks.

I would say that winning the most weeks in a way makes me the alt champ this season. I'm sure some are arguing right now that my accomplishments this season were greater than the guys at the top of the traditional seasons.

Now here's the kicker.

I knew I wouldn't really have time so I used the ESPN BPI. I gave multiple hints. (been cheating all along)

All those that finished below me didnt' do better than them all above me were better than the BPI.

I'd look up odds of % of winning and rank them in order.

Judge me as you want.

*except for the week Bert picked them.

zero doubt I know nothing about college ball. thought I'd give something to measure by.

Turns out BPI is better than the average fan.

Oh really?

giphy.gif

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT