2020-21 Pick 'Em, Final Scores!

12. Baylor
10. Loyola Chicago
8. Bama
6. Oregon
4. Houston
2. FSU

@MGC_07 You gotta do it, man!

You don't even have to have 6 different picks. You could still take the two teams you're the most confident in, wager them at 12 and 10 points. And then the remaining four games aggregate to 20 points. If you take the opposing side with those four underdog picks, and they all win, then you can take the ship.

Reactions: MGC_07
@MGC_07 You gotta do it, man!

You don't even have to have 6 different picks. You could still take the two teams you're the most confident in, wager them at 12 and 10 points. And then the remaining four games aggregate to 20 points. If you take the opposing side with those four underdog picks, and they all win, then you can take the ship.
I’m still considering how I’m going to do it. I’m definitely not going for second place, but it sure does seem hard to pick against Houston and Baylor.

I’ll post them sometime soon. Need time to think over some of them.

Reactions: dukedevilz
You're not going to try and counter my picks to make up some ground? Obviously it would be very tough to come back from 16 points, but your picks are almost identical to mine.

On the other side of the standings, I'll be waiting for @bMORE607 to submit his picks so I can make sure ours are different. The battle for 14th place is where the excitement's at.

12-Syracuse
10-Baylor
8- Bama
6- Michigan
4-Loyola
2- Oregon

Saturday: Villanova vs. Baylor
Saturday: Syracuse vs. Houston
Saturday: Oregon State vs. Loyola Chicago
Sunday: Florida State vs. Michigan
Sunday: Oregon vs. USC
Sunday: UCLA vs. Alabama

12 Baylor
10 Alabama
8 USC
6 Florida St
4 Houston
2 Loyola

12 - Baylor
10 - Bama
8 - Houston
6 - USC
4 - Michigan
2 - Loyola

Week 18 Games

12- Alabama
10- Loyola Chicago
8- Houston
6- Oregon
4- Michigan
2- Baylor

That wraps up the Pick 'Em season. Congrats to @duckboy33 and @Kevin Bryan on winning the final week. duckboy was going for the title, and had me a little nervous when Oregon State won that first Sweet 16 game. Good job everyone. Hope to do this again next season!

Week 18 Scores
duckboy33- 30
Kevin Bryan- 30
dukedevilz- 28
ExitFlagger- 26
SheriffBufordTJustice- 26
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 24
WestTexasRaider- 22
MGC_07- 20
Jaycg15- 20
WeAreDePaul- 18
GE Nole- 16
IUfanBorden- 16
bMORE607- 14

Final Scores
MEDALS

dukedevilz- 290, 1st Place
@duckboy33- 276, 2nd Place
@MGC_07- 265, 3rd Place

REST OF THE PACK
@Kevin Bryan- 250, 4th Place
@Jaycg15- 248, 5th Place
@ExitFlagger- 247, 6th Place
@SheriffBufordTJustice- 241, 7th Place
@WestTexasRaider- 227, 8th Place
@GE Nole- 223, T-9th Place
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 223, T-9th Place
@IUfanBorden- 222, 11th Place
@WeAreDePaul- 212, 12th Place
@bMORE607- 208, 13th Place
@rockycard- 206, 14th Place
@AWilli6995- 199, 15th Place

ATTRITION VICTIMS
lurkeraspect84- 125
Lefty8- 102
coryfly- 83
Dirt Road Boiler- 57
Noahtogo24- 33
evantually- 17
JimboBBN- 14
mathman68- 7

TOP 15 FINISHERS BY SCHOOL AFFILIATION
1. Duke
2. Oregon
3. Michigan State
4. Kentucky
5. Illinois
6. Kansas
7. Texas
8. Texas Tech
9. Florida State
9. Kentucky
11. Indiana
12. DePaul
13. Maryland
14. Louisville
15. North Carolina

I lost the showdown with @WeAreDePaul

tenor.gif

I lost the showdown with @WeAreDePaul

tenor.gif

yea! I tried to wait you out so I could pick the opposite of your picks, but you iced the kicker and didn't make your picks till like an hour before the games started. I lost that game of chicken and made my picks before yours. Somehow managed to pull out the victory and secure 12th place!

Moral of the story: Good guy wins.

thanks as always @dukedevilz for running this and showing why you are without a doubt one of the 50 all time greatest regular posters on this board!

Right! I had to put the school affiliations at the end there, just to show Duke finally came on top. Cuz we sure know it wasn't going to happen any other way this season.

Well, I'll be back next year to give you an actual competition.

Reactions: dukedevilz
That wraps up the Pick 'Em season. Congrats to @duckboy33 and @Kevin Bryan on winning the final week. duckboy was going for the title, and had me a little nervous when Oregon State won that first Sweet 16 game. Good job everyone. Hope to do this again next season!

Week 18 Scores
duckboy33- 30
Kevin Bryan- 30
dukedevilz- 28
ExitFlagger- 26
SheriffBufordTJustice- 26
Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 24
WestTexasRaider- 22
MGC_07- 20
Jaycg15- 20
WeAreDePaul- 18
GE Nole- 16
IUfanBorden- 16
bMORE607- 14

Final Scores
MEDALS

dukedevilz- 290, 1st Place
@duckboy33- 276, 2nd Place
@MGC_07- 265, 3rd Place

REST OF THE PACK
@Kevin Bryan- 250, 4th Place
@Jaycg15- 248, 5th Place
@ExitFlagger- 247, 6th Place
@SheriffBufordTJustice- 241, 7th Place
@WestTexasRaider- 227, 8th Place
@GE Nole- 223, T-9th Place
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 223, T-9th Place
@IUfanBorden- 222, 11th Place
@WeAreDePaul- 212, 12th Place
@bMORE607- 208, 13th Place
@rockycard- 206, 14th Place
@AWilli6995- 199, 15th Place

ATTRITION VICTIMS
lurkeraspect84- 125
Lefty8- 102
coryfly- 83
Dirt Road Boiler- 57
Noahtogo24- 33
evantually- 17
JimboBBN- 14
mathman68- 7

TOP 15 FINISHERS BY SCHOOL AFFILIATION
1. Duke
2. Oregon
3. Michigan State
4. Kentucky
5. Illinois
6. Kansas
7. Texas
8. Texas Tech
9. Florida State
9. Kentucky
11. Indiana
12. DePaul
13. Maryland
14. Louisville
15. North Carolina
Goof stuff. Congrats and thanks for setting it up and keeping it running!

🤣 I just realized I never even looked to see who won this. So self absorbed all I did was scan to the bottom of the standing so to see if I won the battle for 12th place.

Congrats @dukedevilz. How'd you do in the fantasy draft league? You might be in the running for Rivals CBB Message Board Sportsman of the Year.

Reactions: duckboy33
Oregon once again finishes 2nd

You guys did win the conference of champions regular season title, though. That's gotta be extra meaningful this season.

Well, I'll be back next year to give you an actual competition.

Good. Somebody's gotta keep me on my toes.

🤣 I just realized I never even looked to see who won this. So self absorbed all I did was scan to the bottom of the standing so to see if I won the battle for 12th place.

Congrats @dukedevilz. How'd you do in the fantasy draft league? You might be in the running for Rivals CBB Message Board Sportsman of the Year.

Haven't look at it in a while. But, I want to say boilerzz is the clear runaway champ. Pretty sure Hail, MGC_07, and GE Nole are all ahead of me, too. And you had 2 All-Americans. So, I may have finished 5th, 6th, or even lower. Took Keyonate Johnson in the 2nd Round and lost him after 4 games. I felt like he could have made Florida a top 10-15 team, and easily been an All-American himself. I'm ready to draft for next season already!

There are still 3 games left - so still a few more win shares and all-tournament honors for a few players to collect. I'll have the final standings out next week.

yea! I tried to wait you out so I could pick the opposite of your picks, but you iced the kicker and didn't make your picks till like an hour before the games started. I lost that game of chicken and made my picks before yours. Somehow managed to pull out the victory and secure 12th place!

Moral of the story: Good guy wins.

thanks as always @dukedevilz for running this and showing why you are without a doubt one of the 50 all time greatest regular posters on this board!
I legit wasn't waiting you out. I completely forgot. I went to check to see who I was "rooting for" and realized I never submitted anything.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT