ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 College Basketball Draft, FINAL STANDINGS

Man, this is getting tough. I'll take the defending SEC defensive player of the year Yves Pons.

@JimboBBN is on the clock.

Great pick. It actually slipped my mind that Conference DPOY is worth 4 points. Pons could be 1st Team on his own right. He's supremely talented. But, the odds of him repeating as DPOY are reasonably high, so yes, very good pick. Probably could have gone a lot higher.

McClung is now available for the draft. We've just passed the halfway point of the draft.

1st Round
1. Luka Garza, Iowa
2. Jared Butler. Baylor
3. Marcus Zegarowski, Creighton
4. Cade Cunningham, Oklahoma State
5. Sam Hauser, Virginia
6. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
7. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
8. Marcus Garrett, Kansas
9. BJ Boston, Kentucky
10. Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia

2nd Round
11. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova
12. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
13. Garrison Brooks, North Carolina
14. Jalen Crutcher, Dayton
15. Keyonate Johnson, Florida
16. Remy Martin, Arizona State
17. Evan Mobley, USC
18. Jalen Johnson, Duke
19. James Bouknight, UConn
20. Scottie Barnes, Florida State

3rd Round
21. Jay Huff, Virginia
22. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
23. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
24. Franz Wagner, Michigan
25. Matthew Hurt, Duke
26. Corey Kispert, Gonzaga
27. Oscar da Silva, Stanford
28. Terrence Clarke, Kentucky
29. McKinley Wright, Colorado
30. Aaron Henry, Michigan State

4th Round
31. Kihei Clark, Virginia
32. DJ Carton, Marquette
33. Javonte Smart, LSU
34. Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga
35. Marcus Carr, Minnesota
36. John Fulkerson, Tennessee
37. Jordan Goodwin, Saint Louis
38. Chris Smith, UCLA
39. MaCio Teague, Baylor
40. Caleb Love, North Carolina

5th Round
41. Ziaire Williams, Stanford
42. John Petty, Alabama
43. David Johnson, Louisville
44. Trendon Watford, LSU
45. Sandro Mamukelashvili, Seton Hall
46. Terry Taylor, Austin Peay
47. Yves Pons, Tennessee
48. Trevion Williams, Purdue
49. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas
50. Fatts Russell, Rhode Island

6th Round
51. Scottie Lewis, Florida

Reactions: MGC_07

McClung is now available for the draft. We've just passed the halfway point of the draft.

1st Round
1. Luka Garza, Iowa
2. Jared Butler. Baylor
5. Sam Hauser, Virginia
7. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
9. BJ Boston, Kentucky

2nd Round
17. Evan Mobley, USC
18. Jalen Johnson, Duke

3rd Round
21. Jay Huff, Virginia
22. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
25. Matthew Hurt, Duke

4th Round
32. DJ Carton, Marquette
33. Javonte Smart, LSU
34. Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga
38. Chris Smith, UCLA
39. MaCio Teague, Baylor

5th Round
42. John Petty, Alabama
44. Trendon Watford, LSU
47. Yves Pons, Tennessee
49. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

6th Round
Literally was going to ask if I could replace him if I took him with my previous pick.

I'll take Mac McClung @JimboBBN

Last edited:
Reactions: MGC_07
Literally was going to ask if I could replace him if I took him with my previous pick.

I'll take Mac McClung @JimboBBN

Shoulda went Sarr if going the waiver route imo.

Or Carlik Jones, one of best GTs.

Not that I dislike maclung just don’t see him bein g one of techs better players. What do I know tho just an opinion.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Shoulda went Sarr if going the waiver route imo.

Or Carlik Jones, one of best GTs.

Not that I dislike maclung just don’t see him bein g one of techs better players. What do I know tho just an opinion.
I fought between Shannon, McClung, and Burnett. Sarr would've been the 10 SEC guy drafted and 4th Kentucky guy. McClung was the 7th Big 12 guy and the 1st TT guy.

I don't really like him as a player, but I think he's going to get his volume and he improved efficiency/shooting last season.

Great pick. It actually slipped my mind that Conference DPOY is worth 4 points. Pons could be 1st Team on his own right. He's supremely talented. But, the odds of him repeating as DPOY are reasonably high, so yes, very good pick. Probably could have gone a lot higher.

I actually had Pons typed in when I picked Fulkerson, largely because of his defense. But I decided I liked Fulkerson’s odds of grabbing one of 5 first team SEC spots slightly better than Pons’ odds of being the one winner of DPoY.

One thing is for sure, Tennessee should be really good.

I actually had Pons typed in when I picked Fulkerson, largely because of his defense. But I decided I liked Fulkerson’s odds of grabbing one of 5 first team SEC spots slightly better than Pons’ odds of being the one winner of DPoY.

One thing is for sure, Tennessee should be really good.

Not that you want my opinion, but I’ve Been lurking and watching the draft. I would have picked Fulkerson before Pons as well. If Tennessee is as good as preseason projections, Fulky will be a good bet for first team SEC and will be one of the most productive bigs in the conference. Probably our leading candidate for conference POY if not one of our freshman. And Fulky had a nice offseason in the weight room.

And I am glad you forgave him for not showing up at all in the game you saw us play. Lol

Not that you want my opinion, but I’ve Been lurking and watching the draft. I would have picked Fulkerson before Pons as well. If Tennessee is as good as preseason projections, Fulky will be a good bet for first team SEC and will be one of the most productive bigs in the conference. Probably our leading candidate for conference POY if not one of our freshman. And Fulky had a nice offseason in the weight room.

And I am glad you forgave him for not showing up at all in the game you saw us play. Lol

Thanks for the perspective.

Ha, that was the weirdest thing. Watching that game courtside, I wasn’t sure if he was sick, or not mentally prepared to play against our physical bigs, or what? But man was he awful. Really really bad. And when Barnes called him out after the game I was like, “dang...that’s either gonna work brilliantly or he’s transferring.”

I’d say it worked brilliantly.

Reactions: The Orange Reaper
Former teammates, Mac McClung and James Akinjo both going in round 6. Not a fan of either one, but sometimes a change in programs can do wonders for a player.

Former teammates, Mac McClung and James Akinjo both going in round 6. Not a fan of either one, but sometimes a change in programs can do wonders for a player.
Akinjo’s efficiency numbers are horrid. 33 from the field and 24 from 3 are terrible, but he did only play 7 games.

Akinjo’s efficiency numbers are horrid. 33 from the field and 24 from 3 are terrible, but he did only play 7 games.

Shortly after Akinjo left the program, Georgetown played and defeated Syracuse. You know it's bad when an opposing coach openly criticizes a player. Boeheim said, "They got rid of a guy that wouldn't pass the ball to anybody and just shot every time. That's why they're good now." He has potential, but his shooting percentages are woefully uninspiring.

Wendell Moore, Duke.

I wonder how things will turn out for Duke's big 3. Between JJ, Hurt, and Moore, I think Wendell Moore has the lowest ceiling. But, he's just as capable of being 1st Team All-Conference. Hope he has a monster sophomore season.

Reactions: jwill133 and MGC_07
Damn, this thing has slowed to a crawl.

We're making decent pace, to be honest. At this rate, we should finish around November 9th. That should leave us with a window slightly over two weeks before the start of the season. Kind of interested in doing bonus rounds, should we have an additional two weeks before games. Maybe not including those rounds (11 & 12) on the final roster, but whoever wins the round gets 3 points, and 2 points for second, and 1 point for third. I can appreciate if others simply want to finish the draft, however.

@WeAreDePaul I assume you're busy watching reruns of The Bachelorette?

I wonder how things will turn out for Duke's big 3. Between JJ, Hurt, and Moore, I think Wendell Moore has the lowest ceiling. But, he's just as capable of being 1st Team All-Conference. Hope he has a monster sophomore season.
Agreed. Johnson has the chance to be an All-American, Hurt has the chance to be an 18-20 ppg guy. Moore probably can't reach either of those levels, but I expect great defense out of him and a huge improvement offensively from last year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Loren Jackson, Akron. I’ve taken some risky pics already, taking last years MAC POY seems pretty safe.

@jwill133 is up

Best available according to @dukedevilz
1. Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech
2. Quentin Grimes, Houston
3. Justice Sueing, Ohio State
4. Joe Wieskamp, Iowa
5. Matt Coleman, Texas
6. Cameron Krutwig, Loyola Chicago
7. Derek Culver, West Virginia
8. Jacob Gilyard, Richmond
9. Colbey Ross, Pepperdine
10. Marreon Jackson, Toledo

Best available according to Three Man Weave
1. Joey Ayayi, Gonzaga
2. Jaden Springer, Tennessee
3. Greg Brown, Texas
4. Jose Alvarado, Georgia Tech
5. Derek Culver, West Virginia
6. Isaiah Livers, Michigan
7. Nate Reuvers, Wisconsin
8. Kellan Grady, Davidson
9. Joey Hauser, Michigan State
10. Kendric Davis, SMU

Best available according to Hoopchain
1. Terrance Shannon, Texas Tech
2. Nate Reuvers, Wisconsin
3. Timmy Allen, Utah
4. Seth Towns, Ohio State
5. Cameron Krutwig, Loyola Chicago
6. D’Mitrik Trice, Wisconsin
7. Joshua Langford, Michigan State
8. Carlik Jones, Louisville
9. Matt Coleman, Texas
10. Ron Harper, Rutgers

Michael Devoe- GT. Either Devoe or Alvarado should blow up and score a ton this year, betting on Devoe.

Is it just me or does this draft show how down college basketball is gonna be this year? Feel like were down to scraps and still have rounds to go. Half of these guys I barely even know, and I follow college basketball pretty closely.
Seems like 100 guys now leaving early each year are killing the game.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Michael Devoe- GT. Either Devoe or Alvarado should blow up and score a ton this year, betting on Devoe.

Is it just me or does this draft show how down college basketball is gonna be this year? Feel like were down to scraps and still have rounds to go. Half of these guys I barely even know, and I follow college basketball pretty closely.
Definitely a lot of question marks this year. If Iowa is preseason top 10, it has to be a down year for college basketball.

It's kind of par for the course. Last year, we had two returning All-Americans in Cassius Winston and Markus Howard. This year, we have two again in Luka Garza and Jared Butler. From each of the Power 6 conferences, the overwhelming majority of all-conference players will leave. In the past, the general belief was you come back to school unless you're a lottery pick. Then it changed to first round pick. Nowadays, being drafted at all is good enough. And for some kids, just playing overseas is enough. Wish the status quo was more like it was in the 90's, but the kids all want to play professionally, and they realize that window is short and fleeting. Will be interesting to see how much things change once student athletes are allowed to profit off of their name and image.

Updated Draft Results
1st Round

1. Luka Garza, Iowa
2. Jared Butler. Baylor
5. Sam Hauser, Virginia
7. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
9. BJ Boston, Kentucky

2nd Round
17. Evan Mobley, USC
18. Jalen Johnson, Duke

3rd Round
21. Jay Huff, Virginia
22. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
25. Matthew Hurt, Duke

4th Round
32. DJ Carton, Marquette
33. Javonte Smart, LSU
34. Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga
38. Chris Smith, UCLA
39. MaCio Teague, Baylor

5th Round
42. John Petty, Alabama
44. Trendon Watford, LSU
47. Yves Pons, Tennessee
49. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

6th Round
52. Mac McClung, Texas Tech
53. AJ Green, Northern Iowa
54. Mitchell Ballock, Creighton
55. Will Richardson, Oregon
56. David Duke, Providence
57. James Akinjo, Arizona
58. Wendell Moore, Duke
59. Brady Manek, Oklahoma
60. Josh Christopher, Arizona State

7th Round
61. Charles Bassey, Western Kentucky
62. Loren Jackson, Akron
63. Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech

We're making decent pace, to be honest. At this rate, we should finish around November 9th. That should leave us with a window slightly over two weeks before the start of the season. Kind of interested in doing bonus rounds, should we have an additional two weeks before games. Maybe not including those rounds (11 & 12) on the final roster, but whoever wins the round gets 3 points, and 2 points for second, and 1 point for third. I can appreciate if others simply want to finish the draft, however.

@WeAreDePaul I assume you're busy watching reruns of The Bachelorette?
We definitely could. Last year, 120 players were drafted (12 teams of 10). This year, we have 10 teams so we could go to 12 and draft the same number of guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT