ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 College Basketball Draft, FINAL STANDINGS

Some food for thought:

-Wagner was young for a freshman.
-Wagner moved her from Europe and had to adjust to that.
-Wagner didn’t get to Michigan until late in the summer unlike most freshman who arrive earlier.
-Wagner’s broken hand sidelined him amen his development for a month in October/November.

Despite all of that stacked against him he was able to develop and put up numbers in conference that were on par with Trayce Jackson-Davis who went #12 overall.

Reports so far are that he’s bigger/stronger and an alpha this year. Think about how his brother Moe developed into a spotlight player. That’s what we might see from Franz, but better.

UK guys, what’s the word on Terrance Clarke? He and BJ Boston are ranked similarly yet BJ was way higher up in these rankings. What are the expectations for those 2?

UK guys, what’s the word on Terrance Clarke? He and BJ Boston are ranked similarly yet BJ was way higher up in these rankings. What are the expectations for those 2?

Not a UK fan so I might be way off. But seems like to me from the outside looking in Boston has the highest floor, but Clarke might have the highest ceiling. Maybe not in one year of college, but just overall careers. Not to say Boston doesn’t have a high ceiling as well, but Clarke is a bit bigger and has elite athleticism (not saying Boston is some sloth or anything)

Boston’s game as it is right now seems to be more polished than Clarke, and while both athletic, Clark seems to be an athletic freak with ridiculous upside. But I Also think Boston is the better deep shooter, and scorer in general, as well as better ball handling and passing. I think he could play some combo guard if need be.

Also Boston has no one else really pushing hard at the 2g for PT except maybe Clark, then Toppin and Mintz maybe?

Clark at 6”8 will probly be a 3 or 4, where he will have to compete for pt with brooks and then Allen assuming he has returned to form post injury.

But this is just my opinion so I’m sure the UK fans can give u better insight.

But for a comparison on Clarke, he seems like a Keldon Johnson/Archie Goodwin type player in college to me, or on the low end he might be more in the mold of hammy diallo, freak athlete who is more “raw” from a skill set point of view. Clarke isBigger than those three were as frosh though I believe, both height and bulk.

Where as in Boston I see more of a Malik Monk/James Young/Tyler Herro type player in college. Though I’m not sure he’s quite as good a deep shooter as those three, but he can get buckets, as well as finish inside. It also wouldn’t totally shock me to see him play some 1 like SGA, especially if no one else emerges between askew and Mintz. But honestly I don’t know enough about his game to know if he has the handles and passing to play PG at this level, as well as not turning the ball over, which most freshmen have to make a big adjustment to, even ones who have played nothing but pg their entire life.

Last edited:
Reactions: MGC_07
I keep going back-and-forth between two Zags, Corey Kispert and Jalen Suggs...

Decided to roll with Corey Kispert. I had him on my team last year, too.

1st Round
1. Luka Garza, Iowa
2. Jared Butler. Baylor
3. Marcus Zegarowski, Creighton
4. Cade Cunningham, Oklahoma State
5. Sam Hauser, Virginia
6. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
7. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
8. Marcus Garrett, Kansas
9. BJ Boston, Kentucky
10. Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia

2nd Round
11. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova
12. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
13. Garrison Brooks, North Carolina
14. Jalen Crutcher, Dayton
15. Keyonate Johnson, Florida
16. Remy Martin, Arizona State
17. Evan Mobley, USC
18. Jalen Johnson, Duke
19. James Bouknight, UConn
20. Scottie Barnes, Florida State

3rd Round
21. Jay Huff, Virginia
22. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
23. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
24. Franz Wagner, Michigan
25. Matthew Hurt, Duke
26. Corey Kispert, Gonzaga

27. @boilerzz

I'll take Oscar De Silva from Stanford and hope California doesn't shut down college basketball.

@JimboBBN you are on the clock.

Now that I've taken him, happy to tackle this. Boston will probably be our best player. He's a point forward who can really stroke it. I expect him to be very efficient and productive, as well as be a top 5 pick in the coming draft.

Clarke might be the best athlete on our team, and at 6'7, he's just going to be a monster attacking the basket. Not a great shooter but not terrible. Terrific motor and defender. He is probably a top ten pick as well. I think Boston is a tad better due to handles and shooting, but it wouldn't surprise me by the end of the year to see Clarke as our number one option on offense.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Each drafters team so far. I got time between meetings and I’m bored.

@WeAreDePaul
Luka Garza, Iowa
Scottie Barnes, Florida State
Jay Huff, Virginia

MGC_07
Jared Butler, Baylor
Jalen Johnson, Duke
Drew Timme, Gonzaga

@jwill133
Marcus Zegarowski, Creighton
James Bouknight, UConn
Kofi Cockburn, Illinois

@hailtoyourvictor
Colin Gillespie, Villanova
Evan Mobley, USC
Franz Wagner, Michigan

@GE Nole
Cade Cunningham, Oklahoma State
Remy Martin, Arizona State
Matthew Hurt, Duke

@dukedevilz
Sam Hauser, Virginia
Keyontae Johnson, Florida
Corey Kispert, Gonzaga

@boilerzz
Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
Jalen Crutcher, Dayton
Oscar Da Silva, Stanford

@JimboBBN
Marcus Garret, Kansas
Garrison Brooks, UNC
Terrance Clark, UK

@Jaycg15
BJ Boston, UK
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana

@WojoRising
Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova

It’s fair to say my team would win a 3on3 contest.

Pick and roll with Gillespie and Mobley with Wagner spotting up. Good luck.

It’s fair to say my team would win a 3on3 contest.

Pick and roll with Gillespie and Mobley with Wagner spotting up. Good luck.

I’m not sure Gillespie could guard his man in a 3 on 3 setting with so much space to drive.

I’d pick GE Nole to win a 3 on 3 tourney. Mcg is pretty nice too as well as We are DePaul. If Wojo grabs a guard that could change quick, especially if he gets a big one to own the boards like David Johnson 😉

Pretty much splitting hairs though all would be tough in a three on three game.

But again my knowledge of the Frosh is very limited to non existent.

I’m not sure Gillespie could guard his man in a 3 on 3 setting with so much space to drive.

I’d pick GE Nole to win a 3 on 3 tourney. Mcg is pretty nice too as well as We are DePaul. If Wojo grabs a guard that could change quick, especially if he gets a big one to own the boards like David Johnson 😉

I’ve got an athletic 7’0 shot blocker with a 7’4 wingspan to help on drives my guy!

That always helps lol. I Haven’t seen Mobley yet.

But when Cunningham breaks Gillespies ankles over and over again, and Mobley has to come down and help, who you leaving open, Hurt or Martin??? It’s not like you can rotate and recover in 3 on 3 like you can 5 on 5.

Just yanking your chain man, literally every team can make an argument in a 3v3 game when your talking about 10 teams of the top 30 players in the nation.

Reactions: GE Nole

We are DePaul’s biggest problem is that Scottie Barnes can’t shoot. Or at least hasn’t proven he can in college yet.

But yeah all the teams are good.

Just yanking your chain man, literally every team can make an argument in a 3v3 game when your talking about 10 teams of the top 30 players in the nation.

My team is not built for a 3-on-3. I've got three combo forwards that would struggle to defend quicker guards. If this was a 3-on-3 competition, I would have taken Ayo Dosunmu and Remy Martin.

GE Nole and jwill133 have teams that are suited for that type of competition. MGC_07 and boilerzz might be decent challengers.

Right, I totally understand the concept is not to create the the best 3v3 or 5v5 or even best college roster, but the points for win shares and awards.

I was just responding to hails hypothetical hard on for Wagner lol.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Sorry, traveling today. Will pick first thing tomorrow.

Right, I totally understand the concept is not to create the the best 3v3 or 5v5 or even best college roster, but the points for win shares and awards.

I was just responding to hails hypothetical hard on for Wagner lol.

Yup. And hey, you should definitely draft next season. I think you would do well.

Mehhh just not for me. I don’t play fantasy anything except daily fantasy on draft kings. I like to bet the games more than play fantasy, and I’m not very good at either

Am I making my two picks back to back, or making one and then giving @Jaycg15 another 24 hours before my other?

You can make back-to-back picks. Once someone has been passed, you keep drafting... and the person that has been a little late can get back in the game at the earliest convenience. So, if you go back-to-back, that would then give @Jaycg15 back-to-back picks. So, because he has another pick coming up, Jimbo would then have to wait 24 hours to skip ahead of Jay's second pick.

This could possibly be a reach, but I’ll take Kihei Clark with my next pick. I think he’s primed for a good season and at the least 3rd team All-ACC.

@Jaycg15 back to you

We are DePaul’s biggest problem is that Scottie Barnes can’t shoot. Or at least hasn’t proven he can in college yet.

But yeah all the teams are good.

Hey, in my defense I didn't even know who he was 5 minutes before I drafted him. At first I thought it was a typo and they were talking about the guy on Florida, Scottie Lewis.

Mehhh just not for me. I don’t play fantasy anything except daily fantasy on draft kings. I like to bet the games more than play fantasy, and I’m not very good at either

I play even less fantasy than that. zero. But, this isn't about fantasy, it's really just a draft league. We pretty much just draft and then do nothing all year other than cutting two players in January.

As far as fantasy goes, it doesn't get any easier and less time consuming than this.

Reactions: GE Nole
Big fan of Carton. I expect a monster season from him. Just not sure how good Marquette will be.
My only worry with Carton is whether he plays the entire season. He had some mental health issues at Ohio State and with how 2020 is going, I worry about further challenges. I hope he can stay on the court as he's fun to watch and is in a great situation at Marquette.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Hey, in my defense I didn't even know who he was 5 minutes before I drafted him. At first I thought it was a typo and they were talking about the guy on Florida, Scottie Lewis.

Haha fair enough. Although Barnes is better than Lewis. Lewis can’t shoot either lol.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT