Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7-1 · 255 · Fr · Hyattsville, MD
Quentin Grimes, Houston
6-5 · 205 · Jr · The Woodlands, TX
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova
6-9 · 230 · So · Overland Park, KS
Jay Huff, Virginia
7-1 · 240 · Sr · Durham, NC
Nice, 2 of the top 5. Now if Jalen Johnson can just get healthy...

Alright everyone, here are the up-to-date stats of all 100 players drafted. I've highlighted the players that are more than likely out for the season. Let's lock in on 8 players within the next week Please post which two players won't be on your active roster. The deadline will be next Monday, which is February 1st.

@WeAreDePaul @MGC_07 @jwill133 @hailtoyourvictor @GE Nole @boilerzz @JimboBBN @Jaycg15 @WojoRising

We-Are-De-Paul-MGC.jpg

jwill-hailtoyourvictor.jpg

GE-Nole-dukedevilz.jpg

boilerzz-Jimbo.jpg

Jaycg-Wojo.jpg

Fate has already decided for me. Keyonate Johnson is more than likely done for the season. Will Richardson has yet to play a game. So, I'm going to cut those two. I think I'd have a reasonable shot at winning if my team was playing at full strength

Here's how I would breakdown our potential All-Americans. MGC_07 and boilerzz are the most likely to have 2 All-Americans. Those are probably the two favorites to take the title. GE Nole has a load of players that all look like 1st Team All-Conference potential, however. Many believe that the odds of Gonzaga having 3 All-Americans this year is now looking considerably strong. Wouldn't have expected that at the start of the season. It should be a tight battle down the stretch.

All-American Locks (4):
Luka Garza, WeAreDePaul
Jared Butler, MGC_07
Ayo Dosunmu, boilerzz
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Jaycg15

Probable to Likely All-American (5):
Collin Gillespie, hailtyourvictor
Jalen Suggs, boilerzz
Corey Kispert, dukedevilz
Drew Timme, MGC_07
Cade Cunningham, GE Nole

Possible All-American, but still work to do (22):
Jay Huff, WeAreDePaul
Charles Bassey, WeAreDePaul
MaCio Teague, MGC_07
John Petty, MGC_07
Marcus Zegarowski, jwill133
James Bouknight, jwill133
Kofi Cockburn, jwill133
Evan Mobley, hailtoyourvictor
Jordan Goodwin, hailtoyourvictor
Matthew Hurt, GE Nole
Sandro Mamukelashvili, GE Nole
David Duke, GE Nole
Jose Alvarado, GE Nole
Sam Hauser, dukedevilz
Marcus Carr, dukedevilz
Oscar da Silva, boilerzz
Quentin Grimes, boilerzz
Trevion Williams, JimboBBN
Carlik Jones, JimboBBN
Ochai Agbaji, Jaycg15
Ron Harper, Jaycg15
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, WojoRising
McKinley Wright, WojoRising

Reactions: GE Nole
I’ll drop Rocket Watts and Brady Manek. It was tough deciding between him and Springer, but Manek has been awful in Big 12 play and Springer has had some nice games. Oklahoma is also better without Manek and Tennesee is much worse without Springer. I think their roles change when they come back.

I'm definitely going to drop Mitchell Ballock. He fell off a cliff.

Beyond him, I'm struggling between Ayayi and Pons. I wish I could tell if Pons was going to get SEC DPOY again. That's good for 4 points. On the flip side, Ayayi is going to kick his ass on Win shares (currently 3 to 1) and is almost certainly 2nd team all conference (tho that's only 1 point for WCC players). I'm going to think on that one for a bit.

That is a tough one. Don’t even know who else would be in the running for sec POY beyond pond though. Dude is tough on D. Guess Tennessee’s slide could hurt him though.

That is a tough one. Don’t even know who else would be in the running for sec POY beyond pond though. Dude is tough on D. Guess Tennessee’s slide could hurt him though.
Luis Rodriguez at Ole Miss is leading in Defensive rating and defensive win shares but those are flawed metrics. Isaiah is leading in blocks by a good margin. Justin Kier is leading in blocks with Herb Jones right behind him.

Beyond him, I'm struggling between Ayayi and Pons. I wish I could tell if Pons was going to get SEC DPOY again. That's good for 4 points. On the flip side, Ayayi is going to kick his ass on Win shares (currently 3 to 1) and is almost certainly 2nd team all conference (tho that's only 1 point for WCC players). I'm going to think on that one for a bit.

Wow. Your team is going to be really, really tough to beat this year. Looking at it closer, you should be the odds-on favorite to win. I mean, Pons could very well be the national DPOY. That would be 7 points. Obviously that's not a guarantee, and if he's not SEC DPOY, he probably isn't worth holding. Not sure who the top candidates are for National DPOY. But, I'd put Pons in there with Jay Huff, Marcus Garrett, Chris Duarte, Jacob Gilyard, and maybe Elijah Harkless. Could also probably throw in a couple of Baylor players as candidates.

Joel Ayayi is close to being in the top 10 in the nation in Win Shares. And the WCC has 4 teams in the top 100 (Gonzaga, BYU, Saint Mary's, San Fransisco), so 1st Team All-Conference would be worth 3 points. 2nd Team would be worth 2 points. You might even want to consider dropping someone else. Would be tough to part with any of those guys.

As of right now, here's how the scoring for 1st Team All-Conference would be:

Power 6 conferences (needs 4 teams in the KenPom top 50): 4 points
AAC, Atlantic 10, MWC, WCC, Con USA (needs 4 teams in the KenPom top 100): 3 points
Remaining 21 conferences: 2 points

Wow. Your team is going to be really, really tough to beat this year. Looking at it closer, you should be the odds-on favorite to win. I mean, Pons could very well be the national DPOY. That would be 7 points. Obviously that's not a guarantee, and if he's not SEC DPOY, he probably isn't worth holding. Not sure who the top candidates are for National DPOY. But, I'd put Pons in there with Jay Huff, Marcus Garrett, Chris Duarte, Jacob Gilyard, and maybe Elijah Harkless. Could also probably throw in a couple of Baylor players as candidates.

Joel Ayayi is close to being in the top 10 in the nation in Win Shares. And the WCC has 4 teams in the top 100 (Gonzaga, BYU, Saint Mary's, San Fransisco), so 1st Team All-Conference would be worth 3 points. 2nd Team would be worth 2 points. You might even want to consider dropping someone else. Would be tough to part with any of those guys.

As of right now, here's how the scoring for 1st Team All-Conference would be:

Power 6 conferences (needs 4 teams in the KenPom top 50): 4 points
AAC, Atlantic 10, MWC, WCC, Con USA (needs 4 teams in the KenPom top 100): 3 points
Remaining 21 conferences: 2 points
Yeah, looking closer I may actually have to drop Weiskamp.

Crutcher, Da Silva, Grimes and Turner all have a shot at conference POY. I'd be surprised if any of them is left off the first team all conference teams.

Weiskamp is probably 3rd team at best in a loaded Big Ten. But even he's already sitting on 2.1 win shares.

Reactions: dukedevilz
My midseason All Big Ten team:

1st team:
Luka Garza
Ayo Dosunmu
Trayce Jackson-Davis
Kofi Cockburn
Marcus Carr

2nd team:
Ron Harper
Trevion Williams
Hunter Dickinson
Isaiah Livers
EJ Liddell

3rd team:
Duane Washington
D'Mitrik Trice
Joe Weiskamp
Aaron Henry
Liam Robbins

Ballock is trying to make you rethink your decision lol. He went for 29 points last night on 7 for 12 shooting from three, including the game-winner in the final minute.

Ballock is trying to make you rethink your decision lol. He went for 29 points last night on 7 for 12 shooting from three, including the game-winner in the final minute.
Of course. I guess it's a good thing to not have any obvious drops but I'm sure I'm going to make the wrong decisions.

This reminds me of my fantasy football teams. I usually have 2 solid QB's and start the wrong one most weeks. And I have several good RB's and do the same.

not have any obvious drops but I'm sure I'm going to make the wrong decisions.

Yup. Almost seems inevitable lol. If you keep Pons, for example, he won't be the SEC DPOY. If you drop him, he'll be National DPOY. Odds are, you probably win this thing, though. Your team is really deep.

Reactions: boilerzz and MGC_07
Yup. Almost seems inevitable lol. If you keep Pons, for example, he won't be the SEC DPOY. If you drop him, he'll be National DPOY. Odds are, you probably win this thing, though. Your team is really deep.
I think I'll wait to see if Ballock follows it up against Depaul Saturday.

So since Ballock had 4 points against Depaul, I'm dropping Ballock and......

Damn, I'm struggling with the final call. Weiskamp is averaging 18 ppg over his last 4. Pons could be SEC DPOY and Ayayi is 14th nationally in win shares.

Fvck it. I hate Iowa so I'm dropping Weiskamp.

So since Ballock had 4 points against Depaul, I'm dropping Ballock and......

Damn, I'm struggling with the final call. Weiskamp is averaging 18 ppg over his last 4. Pons could be SEC DPOY and Ayayi is 14th nationally in win shares.

Fvck it. I hate Iowa so I'm dropping Weiskamp.
Always a good choice to drop Hawkeyes. They’re due for their usual late season collapse.

Reactions: boilerzz
I'm dropping Brooks. No reason to keep him around at this point.

I am actively trying to post more on the board again, so apologize for being inactive throughout most of this. Who's winning?

Caleb Mills, as I'm sure you can tell.

That was surprising. He was the AAC preseason POY. The injury hurt a bit, of course. And when he came back I guess he didn't want to play second fiddle to Grimes? You'll need to cut one more player.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Kind of struggling here. Keon Johnson for one. As for the second...idk. All my players are decent but few are great.

Maybe leaning toward either Fulkerson or Remy Martin? Fulkerson probably has better win shares, but Martin seems like a lock for at least second team pac 12 even with the Sun Devils struggles.

@dukedevilz do you have any thoughts?

Kind of struggling here. Keon Johnson for one. As for the second...idk. All my players are decent but few are great.

Maybe leaning toward either Fulkerson or Remy Martin? Fulkerson probably has better win shares, but Martin seems like a lock for at least second team pac 12 even with the Sun Devils struggles.

@dukedevilz do you have any thoughts?

That's a tough call. The SEC gets eight 1st Team All-Conference members. For the scoring purposes of 1st Team in this league, I'm only going to select the CPOY and the next 4 highest, according to Win Shares. The three that were left off plus the top two guys in Win Shares from the 2nd Team will earn 3 points for 2nd Team. Here are the Win Share leaders in the SEC.

Win Shares
1.Moses Moody Arkansas3.2
2.Tolu Smith Mississippi State2.5
3.John Petty Alabama2.5
4.Herb Jones Alabama2.5
5.John Fulkerson Tennessee2.4
6.Iverson Molinar Mississippi State2.3
7.Cameron Thomas LSU2.3
8.Darius Days LSU2.3
9.Jaden Shackelford Alabama2.3
10.Devontae Shuler Ole Miss2.

If Tennessee can maintain a healthy conference record, I think there's a good chance they get 1 of the 8 all-conference performers. I think Fulkerson would be the most likely candidate. And he's currently 5th in Win Shares. So, not a guarantee, but still a decent chance that he gets 4 points for 1st Team. Pac 12 selects 10 players for their All-Conference 1st Team - and 5 players for the 2nd Team. I think Martin will technically be a 1st Team performer, but he's no where near the top 10 list in Win Shares. He's 3 points in this scoring system, best case scenario. Martin currently has 1.6 Win Shares.

Win Shares
1.Evan Mobley USC3.7
2.McKinley Wright IV Colorado3.4
3.Oscar Da Silva Stanford3.2
4.James Akinjo Arizona2.4
5.Chris Duarte Oregon2.4
6.Tahj Eaddy USC2.3
7.Bennedict Mathurin Arizona2.3
8.Evan Battey Colorado2.2
9.Jaime Jaquez UCLA2.2
10.Jeriah Horne Colorado2.2

Would still be tough to part ways with Martin because of his scoring capabilities. I wonder a little if Fulkerson will be docked a bit for not having better-looking raw numbers. But overall, I think he has a slightly higher ceiling than Martin.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That's a tough call. The SEC gets eight 1st Team All-Conference members. For the scoring purposes of 1st Team in this league, I'm only going to select the CPOY and the next 4 highest, according to Win Shares. The three that were left off plus the top two guys in Win Shares from the 2nd Team will earn 3 points for 2nd Team. Here are the Win Share leaders in the SEC.

Win Shares
1.Moses Moody Arkansas3.2
2.Tolu Smith Mississippi State2.5
3.John Petty Alabama2.5
4.Herb Jones Alabama2.5
5.John Fulkerson Tennessee2.4
6.Iverson Molinar Mississippi State2.3
7.Cameron Thomas LSU2.3
8.Darius Days LSU2.3
9.Jaden Shackelford Alabama2.3
10.Devontae Shuler Ole Miss2.

If Tennessee can maintain a healthy conference record, I think there's a good chance they get 1 of the 8 all-conference performers. I think Fulkerson would be the most likely candidate. And he's currently 5th in Win Shares. So, not a guarantee, but still a decent chance that he gets 4 points for 1st Team. Pac 12 selects 10 players for their All-Conference 1st Team - and 5 players for the 2nd Team. I think Martin will technically be a 1st Team performer, but he's no where near the top 10 list in Win Shares. He's 3 points in this scoring system, best case scenario. Martin currently has 1.6 Win Shares.

Win Shares
1.Evan Mobley USC3.7
2.McKinley Wright IV Colorado3.4
3.Oscar Da Silva Stanford3.2
4.James Akinjo Arizona2.4
5.Chris Duarte Oregon2.4
6.Tahj Eaddy USC2.3
7.Bennedict Mathurin Arizona2.3
8.Evan Battey Colorado2.2
9.Jaime Jaquez UCLA2.2
10.Jeriah Horne Colorado2.2

Would still be tough to part ways with Martin because of his scoring capabilities. I wonder a little if Fulkerson will be docked a bit for not having better-looking raw numbers. But overall, I think he has a slightly higher ceiling than Martin.

See isn’t it a tough choice? I really feel between a ball and a round object here. The good news is, I probably am not winning anyway, so I guess the choice doesn’t really have much riding on it haha.

I guess I’m gonna go with the win shares over all else and keep Fulkerson.

Drop Remy and Keon.

See isn’t it a tough choice? I really feel between a ball and a round object here. The good news is, I probably am not winning anyway, so I guess the choice doesn’t really have much riding on it haha.

I guess I’m gonna go with the win shares over all else and keep Fulkerson.

Drop Remy and Keon.

Definitely not an easy decision. FWIW, you might be the toughest competition to boilerzz. Just about every guy on your 8-man roster could be 1st Team All-Conference. You might need an All-American, in addition to Cade Cunningham. Sandro, Duke, Alvarado and Hurt all have All-American-esque numbers. But, their teams will probably have to win a lot more to merit serious consideration.

The SEC has 8 1st team all conference slots?

wtf

Yeah, seems strange. There are other conferences like the Pac-12 and WCC that have 10. Not sure how they came up with 8. But, for scoring purposes, I'm only going to allow 5 guys to receive those honors.

Reactions: GE Nole
Definitely not an easy decision. FWIW, you might be the toughest competition to boilerzz. Just about every guy on your 8-man roster could be 1st Team All-Conference. You might need an All-American, in addition to Cade Cunningham. Sandro, Duke, Alvarado and Hurt all have All-American-esque numbers. But, their teams will probably have to win a lot more to merit serious consideration.

Yeah, seems strange. There are other conferences like the Pac-12 and WCC that have 10. Not sure how they came up with 8. But, for scoring purposes, I'm only going to allow 5 guys to receive those honors.

I think my best bet, in addition to Cunningham, would be Duke going on a big run and Hurt being a major part of that.

I think my best bet, in addition to Cunningham, would be Duke going on a big run and Hurt being a major part of that.

Yeah, probably not too likely that we see a serious run from GT, Providence, or Seton Hall. Although you could probably say the same about Duke. If we could figure out how to regularly get production from Johnson and Hurt in the same game, we could be a semi-dangerous team.

was i suppose to cut guys

I'm going to cut Franz Wagner and James Akinjo, unless we hear from you before the end of the day.

You don't have any obvious cuts. boilerzz didn't have Wagner on any of the All-Conference teams. Akinjo has poor shooting percentages. Lofton and Queta are both projected to be 1st Team All-Conference. Mitchell has had an injury, so not sure what his status is. He might be someone to consider dropping.

I'm going to cut Franz Wagner and James Akinjo, unless we hear from you before the end of the day.

You don't have any obvious cuts. boilerzz didn't have Wagner on any of the All-Conference teams. Akinjo has poor shooting percentages. Lofton and Queta are both projected to be 1st Team All-Conference. Mitchell has had an injury, so not sure what his status is. He might be someone to consider dropping.
You looking to have a dude on the internet find you and kill you? I wouldn't recommend cutting Wagner from Hail's team. ;)

You looking to have a dude on the internet find you and kill you? I wouldn't recommend cutting Wagner from Hail's team. ;)

Haha maybe so. He's got a lot of good draft picks. All 10 were pretty solid, to be honest. Okay, maybe Akinjo and Tre Mitchell. Mitchell has only played 9 games, so not sure he'll make 1st Team.

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT