ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 College Basketball Draft, FINAL STANDINGS

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Spoiler: Here's a link to the final draft standings of the 2020-21 season.

Jay has made a table on all of the top prospects that are available - and those that have been drafted.

And here are 3 links for top 100-150 players:

three-man-weave
hoopchain
dukedevilz

Who's ready for another draft? Let's see who can project the best possible teams.

I'm hoping to get at least 10 posters. Last year, we had 12, which was great. Just let me know. Hoping to start drafting next week. So, we draft 10 rounds of players. You'll have roughly 6-8 weeks to lock in on an 8-man rotation. The scoring will be a combination of win shares + postseason accolades. Please let me know if you think any part of the scoring system needs to be reexamined.

Here is the point system for postseason awards:

10 points- National Player of the Year (AP for All-American Teams)
9 points- 1st Team All-American
8 points- 2nd Team All-American
7 points- 3rd Team All-American; NABC Defensive POY
6 points- Honorable Mention All-American; Final Four MOP
5 points- Conference Player of the Year; All Tournament Team
4 points- 1st Team All-Conference; Conference Defensive POY; NCAA Regional MOP
3 points- 2nd Team All-Conference; All Regional Team
2 points- 3rd Team All-Conference; All-Conference Defense; Conference Tournament MOP
1 point- Honorable Mention All-Conference; All Tournament Team

Players that aren't in a Power-6 Conference will have a lower point total for conference awards:
3 points- Conference POY
2 points- 1st Team All-Conference
1 point- 2nd Team All-Conference

However, I believe if a conference has 4 teams in the KenPom top 50, they should be granted the full amount of points. If they have 4 teams in the top 100, I'll only deduct 1 point (i.e. 4 points for CPOY, 3 points for 1st Team All-Conference). I believe the Atlantic 10 could be very, very good this season. I don't believe they should start with a -2 for every player. Also, be aware the Pac-12 and SEC don't delineate all-conference awards in a typical 5 players for each team format. Pac-12 has 10 on the first team; SEC has 8. With the scoring system, we will make a clear distinction of who is awarded with 1st Team Points and 2nd Team Points.

@boilerzz @GE Nole @hailtoyourvictor @imajericho @jace4655555 @WeAreDePaul

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Noted, but I might draft some of your Seminoles instead.

Woah woah...wouldn’t do that. We roll 10 deep so no one really plays huge minutes. We are about to have a lotto pick who didn’t even start a game last year.

Someone in the draft should give Scottie Barnes a flyer, but other than that...maybe MJ Walker is 3rd team All-ACC?

Okay, confirmed posters that will be participating:

dukedevilz
MGC_07
GE Nole
boilerzz

I assume @WeAreDePaul is in too, as he asked about this yesterday.

Several of you liked the initial post, but I don't know if that means you want in again? @Villian07 @imajericho @jace4655555 @hailtoyourvictor To avoid any confusion, I'd like to see actual text that you're wanting to join the league. Just let me know.

@IUfanBorden You might enjoy participating in something like this.

dukedevilz
MGC_07
GE Nole
boilerzz

Several of you liked the initial post, but I don't know if that means you want in again? @Villian07 @imajericho @jace4655555 @hailtoyourvictor To avoid any confusion, I'd like to see actual text that you're wanting to join the league. Just let me know.

sure

Reactions: dukedevilz

dukedevilz
MGC_07
GE Nole
boilerzz

I am going to be out this year, but appreciate the invite. Hopefully come back strong next year with a full year

^^^^ sniping top pick

I picked last last year bc I jumped in for someone who wasn’t replying to the thread.

This year beyond the first pick (presumably Garza) it seems to be a real crapshoot as far as who else will round on the first round.

Cunningham would be a nice 2nd option imo if okie state wasn’t banned from postseason play.

^^^^ sniping top pick

I picked last last year bc I jumped in for someone who wasn’t replying to the thread.

This year beyond the first pick (presumably Garza) it seems to be a real crapshoot as far as who else will round on the first round.

Cunningham would be a nice 2nd option imo if okie state wasn’t banned from postseason play.

lol yup. Looks like Wojo is going to steal the top pick from @WeAreDePaul

Cunningham could still be NPOY or 1st Team All-American. That would still render a lot of points. Outside of him, I think Marcus Zegarowski, Jared Butler (3rd Team All-American last year), Sam Hauser, and Collin Gillespie would all be potential #2 options.

It usually is a crapshoot, to be honest. Last year, the two most productive players were Obi Toppin and Luka Garza. Nobody drafted Garza - and Toppin was taken in like the 8th round or so? Nobody saw that coming. In the first year of this draft, nobody drafted Trae Young. He was a solid recruit, but not a consensus top 10 recruit, so certainly off the radar for an All-American season. It will be exciting to see who blows up this year.

Ok, here are the confirmed posters for the draft so far. Need at least 2 more. We'll probably start drafting next week.

dukedevilz
MGC_07
GE Nole
boilerzz
WeAreDePaul
hailtoyourvicotr
jwill133 (confirmed on the Duke site)
WojoRising

Reactions: GE Nole
lol yup. Looks like Wojo is going to steal the top pick from @WeAreDePaul

Cunningham could still be NPOY or 1st Team All-American. That would still render a lot of points. Outside of him, I think Marcus Zegarowski, Jared Butler (3rd Team All-American last year), Sam Hauser, and Collin Gillespie would all be potential #2 options.

It usually is a crapshoot, to be honest. Last year, the two most productive players were Obi Toppin and Luka Garza. Nobody drafted Garza - and Toppin was taken in like the 8th round or so? Nobody saw that coming. In the first year of this draft, nobody drafted Trae Young. He was a solid recruit, but not a consensus top 10 recruit, so certainly off the radar for an All-American season. It will be exciting to see who blows up this year.

Ok, here are the confirmed posters for the draft so far. Need at least 2 more. We'll probably start drafting next week.

dukedevilz
MGC_07
GE Nole
boilerzz
WeAreDePaul
hailtoyourvicotr
jwill133 (confirmed on the Duke site)
WojoRising

Totally agree on the always a crap shoot, I just meant after Garza there’s a pretty big drop off to whoever goes number 2 imo. But not like one person is gonna win it for you anyways.

Calling for league amendment: You can't join the league and get the #1 pick. All new and returning teams should have to draft after returning teams.

Sorry wojo my post was meant in jest.

I make an amendment that whoever picked last last year picks first this year lol

If @WojoRising really wants the last pick, I will honor that.

However, I personally am against it. He had the last pick in the inaugural draft. I've been able to draft Mikal Bridges and Jarrett Culver in the 7th Round. @WeAreDePaul got Obi Toppin the 8th round. @sdsufan10 snagged Brandon Clarke in the 8th round, as well. Trae Young and Luka Garza were never drafted. And on top of that, the person with the top pick has never finished higher than 3rd.

The first pick might have a slight advantage, but it doesn't materially effect the cumulative numbers.

@imajericho You've participated in all 3 drafts. Haven't heard anything from you. Let me know if you interested in joining again this year.

Can we still do it with the amount of people we have now?

Probably. We have 8 committed. Never been that low before. I like the idea of having 10+, but I suppose 8 could work. Not sure why I'm having issues getting people this time. I'm going on other boards trying to coax anyone I can. No luck so far. I think we could probably go ahead and start before the end of the week at least.

Probably. We have 8 committed. Never been that low before. I like the idea of having 10+, but I suppose 8 could work. Not sure why I'm having issues getting people this time. I'm going on other boards trying to coax anyone I can. No luck so far. I think we could probably go ahead and start before the end of the week at least.

Rather just do it with 8 committed people from this board than bring in a couple stragglers just to fill it up.

Rather just do it with 8 committed people from this board than bring in a couple stragglers just to fill it up.

Fair enough. Sounds like you and MGC_07 are ready to start. I think I am, too. Remember, there is a 24-hour rule when you're on the clock. Once 24 hours has passed, the person behind you is welcome to skip in front of you. With only 8 posters, this draft could go at a much, much faster pace. So that part will be nice.

Here's how the order will be this year:

Odd Rounds
1. @WeAreDePaul
2. @MGC_07
3. @jwill133
4. @hailtoyourvictor
5. @GE Nole
6. dukedevilz
7. @boilerzz
8. @WojoRising

Even Rounds
1. WojoRising
2. boilerzz
3. dukedevilz
4. GE Nole
5. hailtoyourvictor
6. jwill133
7. MGC_07
8. WeAreDePaul

Let’s do this!

Question—is there a protocol for if we draft a player and then that player opts our prior to the conclusion of the draft? Or prior to the start of the season?

Let’s do this!

Question—is there a protocol for if we draft a player and then that player opts our prior to the conclusion of the draft? Or prior to the start of the season?

I think a supplemental pick is fine, as long as it is made before the start of the season.

Reactions: GE Nole
Fair enough. Sounds like you and MGC_07 are ready to start. I think I am, too. Remember, there is a 24-hour rule when you're on the clock. Once 24 hours has passed, the person behind you is welcome to skip in front of you. With only 8 posters, this draft could go at a much, much faster pace. So that part will be nice.

Here's how the order will be this year:

Odd Rounds
1. @WeAreDePaul
2. @MGC_07
3. @jwill133
4. @hailtoyourvictor
5. @GE Nole
6. dukedevilz
7. @boilerzz
8. @WojoRising

Even Rounds
1. WojoRising
2. boilerzz
3. dukedevilz
4. GE Nole
5. hailtoyourvictor
6. jwill133
7. MGC_07
8. WeAreDePaul
God 2nd pick is rough. Garza is the easy 1st choice, but I could go Butler, Dosunmu, Zegarowski, Hauser, Cunningham.

DD, remind me how much the tournament matters in all this, last year was my first year and there was no March Madness. Is it advantageous to take players who will play in March or deep into the tourney. Just asking because I am leaning towards Cade at number 2.

ADVERTISEMENT