ADVERTISEMENT

2019 offseason OT thread.

We're about to leave on a diamond hunt. There's a place in Arkansas thas just a couple of hours away where we can dig for diamonds (same field were the Uncle Sam diamond was found(largest diamound found in the history of USA)). We're not expecting anything but a good time, food and hopefully diamonds.

Wish us luck. :D

Last edited:
We're about to leave on a diamond hunt. There's a place in Arkansas thas just a couple of hours away where we can dig for diamonds (same field were the Uncle Sam diamond was found(largest diamound found in the history of USA)). We're not expecting anything but a good time, food and hopefully diamonds.

Wish us luck. :D
Give a review. My wife really wants to go do that. In my mind it’s way too far away from us now but she talks enough about it that eventually we’ll end up going.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Give a review. My wife really wants to go do that. In my mind it’s way too far away from us now but she talks enough about it that eventually we’ll end up going.
It's really just an excuse to get out of the house. We're not expecting anything. HOWEVER, we've had a lot of rain lately and I've read the best time to search is after the rain.

It's really just an excuse to get out of the house. We're not expecting anything. HOWEVER, we've had a lot of rain lately and I've read the best time to search is after the rain.
Yeah I wouldn’t expect anything either. I think the park even has the option to keep anything you find that has significant value and you get a finders fee? I could be wrong though.

I just clicked on a golf thread on the sound off board. It was started by dragon hawk and he’s wrong again. Is that guy ever right about anything?

Cliffs - He said on Wednesday that no player will have any advantage on this course because a major hasn’t been there in 68 years and because not many tournaments are held there. Others let him know Rory McElroy holds the course record and American golfers are hiring local caddies to give them an edge. He continues to argue his point that nobody will have an edge because it’s not a typical tournament course.

FYI, it’s sunday morning and I’m bored.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Yeah I wouldn’t expect anything either. I think the park even has the option to keep anything you find that has significant value and you get a finders fee? I could be wrong though.
from when I was in the area never went but they said what you find is yours to keep, that's so many go just for the fun of it but also with the hopes of finding one,

Well, Lurker. Any butthole diamonds to tell us about?
Laughing

No we didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted due to a wreck in Little Rock.

We'll go back sometime in the fall. It's $10 and you keep everything you find. You can bring your own tools, or rent some there(sift box, shovel, etc.)

It's actually kind of cool the way they have it all set up. An older couple found a .3 something caret and we watched how they clean it up (not cut of course), and put it in a nice little display box.

Forgot to add. Moving dirt is work.

Last edited:
I just clicked on a golf thread on the sound off board. It was started by dragon hawk and he’s wrong again. Is that guy ever right about anything?

Cliffs - He said on Wednesday that no player will have any advantage on this course because a major hasn’t been there in 68 years and because not many tournaments are held there. Others let him know Rory McElroy holds the course record and American golfers are hiring local caddies to give them an edge. He continues to argue his point that nobody will have an edge because it’s not a typical tournament course.

FYI, it’s sunday morning and I’m bored.
and nobody did escpecially Speith whose caddied had 30 years of knowledge of that course. Rory didn't even make the cut, so much for his win giving him a edge that they both should have had. no caddie can give any golfer the edge as the caddies don't hit the ball in anyway shape or form, and that was the basis of my statement as the common theme was that Spieth CADDIE was going to give him the edge.

Outside of Arcadia Bluffs, what’s a good golf club for a below average golfer up here?
start with the Titlest brand as they provide a wide range of prices on their clubs.

me I used the 1st edition of Calloway's Fusion Iron's 2 thru a 60 degree wedge, used their Driver but reverted to a wooden 1 wood club and the old wooden Wilson 5 wood. the 1 and 5 woods gave me more control when hitting out of the 1st and 2nd cut.
the Irons depended on the course, took out the sand wedge and replaced it the 2 Iron or vice a vs's,

He's talking about a golf club, as in location in NW Michigan. Not the brand of clubs.
choose the brand and go from there, doesn't matter which single club, plus he didn't specify if it was for driving, off the fairway or on the green now did he.

he left it very wide open to interpetation.

and nobody did escpecially Speith whose caddied had 30 years of knowledge of that course. Rory didn't even make the cut, so much for his win giving him a edge that they both should have had. no caddie can give any golfer the edge as the caddies don't hit the ball in anyway shape or form, and that was the basis of my statement as the common theme was that Spieth CADDIE was going to give him the edge.

An Irishman won it, soooo Winking

What restaurant, that you know is out there, you'd really like in your hometown?

I'm a burger man so in-N-Out for me.

An Irishman won it, soooo Winking
yeah his 1st ever major. there were also 5 Americans in the top 11. where did their edge come from? real simple answer it was their golf skills that they used.

no matter what anybody says, they still have to keep the ball in the fairways and hit the greens in regulation then the golfer has to use their own skills putting the ball.

the golfer has to rely on his own ability to read the green then guage how hard to putt the ball, NO CADDIE CAN DO THAT for the golfer,

Ulis becomes Fran's 1st commit in the 2020 class, nice start 4 year player that won't need to start in his 1st year. hoping that WG Geronimo is the next to commit another 4 year player that won't need to start in his 1st year,

but will continue the upward trajectory. both bring the athletism that has been missing the last few years and defensive mindset that has also been missing.

tenor.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT