ADVERTISEMENT

2019 offseason OT thread.

Ted Bundy movie on Netflix. Don't read spoiler if you haven't seen and plan on watching it.

Fvcking sucked. Definitely not what I was expecting. Was designed to make you question whether he was innocent the entire time until the very end of the movie when they gave you captions of his confession. Never a moment in the movie that illustrated his actions. Just horrible.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ted Bundy movie on Netflix. Don't read spoiler if you haven't seen and plan on watching it.

Fvcking sucked. Definitely not what I was expecting. Was designed to make you question whether he was innocent the entire time until the very end of the movie when they gave you captions of his confession. Never a moment in the movie that illustrated his actions. Just horrible.
Well said.

Forgive me if I watch a Ed Gein movie, I want to see how lampshades are made.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Got my appendix removed yesterday and leaving the hospital today. Still hurting badly. I was completely fine all of Saturday and I woke up Sunday and my stomach killed.
That's how my wife's gallbladder was. She was perfectly fine in the morning and them boom. "I need to go to the hospital". Scared the shit out of me.

Glad you're doing well.

Here in just a while, we're going to day three of Memphis in May. We've not ate at Gus's chicken in a while and I'm sure we're going to regret it when we see the line, but oh well, Everclear plays ~ 3, we'll bounce between stages until Gary Clark Jr headlines the budweiser (Because U Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly) stage. I'm sure it's going to rain and be a mess. Muddy banks of the Mississippi, Yay!.

I like the music festival but really looking forward to the bbq championship in a couple of weeks.

I would offer up a spot if anyone was in town, but lets be real, none of yall are visiting Memphis. If America was a giant ass and the Mississippi River was it's crack, Memphis would most definitely be the asshole. The asshole of America.

Last edited:
@Sevro where all did you hit up in town?
Itinerary overview

Wednesday - got in late afternoon. Early dinner in CB at a really good restaurant. Drinks after and early to bed.

Thursday - fished all day. Waves were big and we got our asses kicked going 60 miles offshore.

Friday - drove around town with the top down. Checked out the growth on river road. Wandered over to wrightsvsille for lunch and drinks. Shopped. Late dinner in Southport with friends.

Saturday - met up with friends on the north end of CB. Beach drinking most of the day. Wedding at 5. Drank late into the night.

Sunday - brunch with friends then rooftop Sunday funday at Smokehouse.

That seems warm for the first week of May. Enjoy.
I read last year that this area was actually the only place in the Atlantic that had above average water temperatures. Wrightsville beach had an 89 degree reading in September. 3 degrees higher than had ever been recorded. It is typically mid June before the water gets in the mid 70's.

The flounder will be hitting early this year.

I read last year that this area was actually the only place in the Atlantic that had above average water temperatures. Wrightsville beach had an 89 degree reading in September. 3 degrees higher than had ever been recorded. It is typically mid June before the water gets in the mid 70's.

The flounder will be hitting early this year.
September is the best month to be in Wilmington. Crowds are gone, beaches empty, and water is still warm.

Reactions: Spacegrass
September is the best month to be in Wilmington. Crowds are gone, beaches empty, and water is still warm.
Crowds aren't as gone as they used to be. But yes, great weather*** water is at its peak and the fishing is great. It is bitter sweet though. Beach season is coming to an end and the new wave of shit drivers arrive. This year is going to be nice, we have friends that own a house they lease that is practically right on the beach with an access two houses down. They are renovating it, so no one will be in it all summer. We already parked at their house they live in, but this one is a much shorter walk. It is nice to not have to find parking at Wrightsville Beach. I think if we didn't have the hookup, we'd probably go to Topsail more.

It's fascinating how different the weather can be for all of us. We're in San Diego for a week, with every day being right around 70. We did this instead of a baby moon in Hawaii. I'll also be going to Bali for a week at the end of June. Should be a good time, but I'm not looking forward to the 27 hours of travel just to get there.

It's fascinating how different the weather can be for all of us. We're in San Diego for a week, with every day being right around 70. We did this instead of a baby moon in Hawaii. I'll also be going to Bali for a week at the end of June. Should be a good time, but I'm not looking forward to the 27 hours of travel just to get there.
That's why I have reservations about taking long distance trips. So many places I want to see, but don't know how much the travel would be worth. We are taking a 14 day vacation in January to Curacao and Bonaire. 3 of those days are going to be for traveling. Granted, we could have spent $2,200 more for direct flights, but we are mainboard poor.

I am really excited about Bonaire, though. Been to Curacao already and it is great. But check this video out.

The pink salt is why flamingos are pink. Never knew that.

And the weather? Whew. We are melting here. It had never hit 100 degrees here in the month of May. We have been 101, 100, 99, 101, and 101 the last five days. I think they said it was the first time here that we have broken record highs for five consecutive days and today will be the sixth. I guess it's better than losing your house to a tornado or being under water like a lot of places are right now.

That's why I have reservations about taking long distance trips. So many places I want to see, but don't know how much the travel would be worth. We are taking a 14 day vacation in January to Curacao and Bonaire. 3 of those days are going to be for traveling. Granted, we could have spent $2,200 more for direct flights, but we are mainboard poor.

I am really excited about Bonaire, though. Been to Curacao already and it is great. But check this video out.

The pink salt is why flamingos are pink. Never knew that.

And the weather? Whew. We are melting here. It had never hit 100 degrees here in the month of May. We have been 101, 100, 99, 101, and 101 the last five days. I think they said it was the first time here that we have broken record highs for five consecutive days and today will be the sixth. I guess it's better than losing your house to a tornado or being under water like a lot of places are right now.
We’ve learned to break up long trips into smaller trips that are more manageable and cheaper than just booking flights from our home to the main vacation spot.

For example, we went to Bora Bora 2 months ago. We could’ve booked a flight from here in Midland that would’ve taken us to DFW first, then to LAX then down to French Polynesia. Total travel time would’ve been 25 hours or something like that. American Airlines comes through here and the only way to get West of Midland through them is to head East to Houston or DFW first. Their flights are really expensive out of here as well where Southwest is usually like 50-100% less in cost. We opted for a SW flight to Burbank with a 2 day layover in LA to see friends, Universal and some other stuff. When we left for LAX for French Polynesia feeling fresh and ready to go we were at a point where we would’ve been on something like hour 12 of traveling had we not decided to spend time in LA first.

So instead of making it a nightmare 24+ hour traveling experience just to get someplace and be exhausted from that for the first full day there, we like to break that travel time up over the course of a few days. We’ve also driven to DFW first before flying out to Europe a couple of times. It will seriously cut the cost of the flight in half just by eliminating the Midland to DFW part of the round trip. Crazy that a round trip to London from DFW can be a similar price at times as Midland to DFW. You live in a smaller market so I’m sure you’ve had similar experiences when booking flights.

We’ve learned to break up long trips into smaller trips that are more manageable and cheaper than just booking flights from our home to the main vacation spot.

For example, we went to Bora Bora 2 months ago. We could’ve booked a flight from here in Midland that would’ve taken us to DFW first, then to LAX then down to French Polynesia. Total travel time would’ve been 25 hours or something like that. American Airlines comes through here and the only way to get West of Midland through them is to head East to Houston or DFW first. Their flights are really expensive out of here as well where Southwest is usually like 50-100% less in cost. We opted for a SW flight to Burbank with a 2 day layover in LA to see friends, Universal and some other stuff. When we left for LAX for French Polynesia feeling fresh and ready to go we were at a point where we would’ve been on something like hour 12 of traveling had we not decided to spend time in LA first.

So instead of making it a nightmare 24+ hour traveling experience just to get someplace and be exhausted from that for the first full day there, we like to break that travel time up over the course of a few days. We’ve also driven to DFW first before flying out to Europe a couple of times. It will seriously cut the cost of the flight in half just by eliminating the Midland to DFW part of the round trip. Crazy that a round trip to London from DFW can be a similar price at times as Midland to DFW. You live in a smaller market so I’m sure you’ve had similar experiences when booking flights.
Having people spread out is definitely an advantage for traveling. As far as traveling in a smaller market, we do pay extra in order to leave out of Wilmington. I am not sure what she does, but we use my in law's travel agent to book flights. Sometimes we will fly AA to one location and then Delta to the final location and somehow that saves us money. I won't pretend to know how it works. The one issue with that is if you miss your second flight because the first flight was late, that's on you and the airline won't owe you anything. You also have to go to baggage claim each time. Thankfully that is a rare exception. Most times it will be AA one way, and Delta the other. We would save money if we drove to RDU or Charlotte. But we like being 15 minutes from home when we get back from our trips.

Having people spread out is definitely an advantage for traveling. As far as traveling in a smaller market, we do pay extra in order to leave out of Wilmington. I am not sure what she does, but we use my in law's travel agent to book flights. Sometimes we will fly AA to one location and then Delta to the final location and somehow that saves us money. I won't pretend to know how it works. The one issue with that is if you miss your second flight because the first flight was late, that's on you and the airline won't owe you anything. You also have to go to baggage claim each time. Thankfully that is a rare exception. Most times it will be AA one way, and Delta the other. We would save money if we drove to RDU or Charlotte. But we like being 15 minutes from home when we get back from our trips.
If we ever want to travel to Europe we have to fly American out of Midland. We have to fly American instead of Southwest because Southwest will not fly out of Houston Bush or DFW. Not even 1 flight goes in and out. They only do the smaller Houston and Dallas airports, which are places where American will not fly out of.

Unless we would be willing to fly into say Dallas Love Field and then take an Uber 20 miles to DFW it’s just not happening. And screw doing that anyways.

I lived in Fort Worth before moving out here. It was nice always having the luxury to go pretty much anywhere I wanted to direct or, at worst, have one layover. Kind of sucks having to work the system in order to make the travel experience nice but if you do it right you can make it a lot cheaper and more convenient than what your initial search results will turn up.

Going in tomorrow for a CT. I forgot that after my accident I volunteered to be evaluated by doctors to see the long term effects of TBI 10 years and 25 years later.

I have been filling out this form and I have to admit, it is making me a little nervous about how many questions I am answering yes to.

Twitch in eyes? sometimes.
Temporary or long term blurred vision? Sometimes.
Hearing issues? Yes
Dizziness? Yes
Ringing in ears? Sometimes.
Trouble smelling? Yes
Trouble staying focused? Most times, no. But sometimes I get lost in my thoughts. That one seems normal for a dummy, though.

There are a lot of questions, but those are the ones that make me nervous about the diagnosis. I could make money being a guinea pig for treatment, though.

That's rough. How often do you get the blurred vision and dizziness?

My wife has a lot of the same symptoms from breaking her neck about 7 years ago. She also has pinched nerves between C5/C6, so shooting pain down her arms is another one of her symptoms.

That's rough. How often do you get the blurred vision and dizziness?

My wife has a lot of the same symptoms from breaking her neck about 7 years ago. She also has pinched nerves between C5/C6, so shooting pain down her arms is another one of her symptoms.
Not real often. The dizziness is random. The blurred vision isn't every day, but seems to be mainly in the mornings whenever it does happen.

Know all about the pinched nerves. My axillary nerve (think that is what it's called) was almost severed and the damage point is right where all your other nerves that run down your arm intersect. The only choices I have even after over ten years are surgery that will cost a lot of the movement and use of my arm, or deal with the pain. Believe it or not. The bebesway to manage the pain is by doing push-ups frequently.

RollLaugh

IDK, if you watch The Chi, but there was a recent episode when a lil guy cursed at his mom in the Principles office, and the Principle said "mam, would you like us to leave the room for a moment", it cut to next scene where she was putting away a leather belt, while he was walking funny, and then she said, "just wait until we get home".

Not real often. The dizziness is random. The blurred vision isn't every day, but seems to be mainly in the mornings whenever it does happen.

Know all about the pinched nerves. My axillary nerve (think that is what it's called) was almost severed and the damage point is right where all your other nerves that run down your arm intersect. The only choices I have even after over ten years are surgery that will cost a lot of the movement and use of my arm, or deal with the pain. Believe it or not. The bebesway to manage the pain is by doing push-ups frequently.

I definitely believe that pushups help. She always feels better when she's going to the gym regularly. The muscles help support your discs.

She actually ended up doing a fusion about 2 years ago. Like you said, limited range of motion, but it's helped a lot with nerve pain.

RollLaugh

IDK, if you watch The Chi, but there was a recent episode when a lil guy cursed at his mom in the Principles office, and the Principle said "mam, would you like us to leave the room for a moment", it cut to next scene where she was putting away a leather belt, while he was walking funny, and then she said, "just wait until we get home".
Never heard of it. Netflix?

White and pink or gray and green?

59306073_2091664690954675_6737669115978186752_n.jpg

You ever get invited to a hog roast/party, you know won't end well?

It's a whole weekend affair. I'm thinking of going, but southern dudes man. that's my only hang up.

I thought Kentuckians party hardy, til I met some of these guys. **** it.

ADVERTISEMENT