ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 College Basketball Draft (Updated Standings)

If it wasn’t for mays and smart LSU woulda got dubbed. I haven’t seen enough of him to label him low basketball iq but he’s a much better player than ur giving him credit for.

If it wasn’t for mays and smart LSU woulda got dubbed. I haven’t seen enough of him to label him low basketball iq but he’s a much better player than ur giving him credit for.

no, he sucks. And he suffers from the disease of thinking he is better than he is. If he had played better throughout the game then LSU would've never been down double digits in the first place. And then he completely lost the game for them with his selfish tunnel vision drives at the end of the game.

Smart is much better yet he didn't touch the ball in the final 2 minutes.

I saw mays make enough tough shots last night to know he doesn’t suck. He may not be an all American but he’s definitely serviceable and will probly make an all sec 2nd or 3rd team.

And vcu came out hot as a frying pan so not sure how it’s mays fault they fell behind early but whatever, not my team don’t really care enough to argue any further.

I saw mays make enough tough shots last night to know he doesn’t suck. He may not be an all American but he’s definitely serviceable and will probly make an all sec 2nd or 3rd team.

And vcu came out hot as a frying pan so not sure how it’s mays fault they fell behind early but whatever, not my team don’t really care enough to argue any further.

He won't make any SEC team this year. If he does it will be based on reputation rather than his play.

He shot 17 times last night. Smart only took 9 shots and Emmett Williams only got 7 shots. Both of those players should be getting more touches and shots than Mays. Neither one touched the ball in the final 4-5 possessions.

I would gladly trade Nojel Eastern for Skyler Mays. Eastern just doesn't look right so far this year.

Bump so we don't lose this. Otherwise, I'll have no idea who I drafted.

Haha I’m right there with ya boilerzz

Can I trade Montgomery for Enoch? No idea what I was thinking. At least it won’t be a tough decision on who to drop.

holy crap, I got Obi Toppin in the 8th round??? Along with Paul Reed in the 9th.

I guarantee no one got better players in those rounds than me. Bilas was saying last night that Toppin is a guaranteed top 10 pick in the NBA draft next spring.

Reactions: dukedevilz
holy crap, I got Obi Toppin in the 8th round??? Along with Paul Reed in the 9th.

I guarantee no one got better players in those rounds than me. Bilas was saying last night that Toppin is a guaranteed top 10 pick in the NBA draft next spring.

As of right now, I'd say Obi Toppin is probably the steal of the draft. There are six standouts from rounds 8 & 9. Toppin looks like an All-American. Ramsey and Butler might have a decent shot at making 3rd Team All-American. Terry Taylor is a safe choice for HM All-American. Paul Reed and Okongwu would be 1st Team All-Conference if the season ended today.

-Obi Toppin, Dayton: 24 ppg, 8.3 reb, 1.8 ast, 1.0 stl, 1.5 blk, 72.5% fg, 50% 3-pt

-Jahmi'us Ramsey, Texas Tech: 19.4 ppg, 6.2 reb, 1.6 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.8 blk, 52.9% fg, 52.2% 3-pt

-Jared Butler, Baylor: 19 ppg, 3.5 ast, 2.0 stl, 53.4% fg, 52.5% 3-pt

-Terry Taylor, Austin Peay: 23.3 ppg, 9.2 reb, 1.5 stl, 1.8 blk, 56.4% fg

-Onyeka Okongwu, USC: 18 ppg, 8.8 reb, 3 blk, 60.6% fg

-Paul Reed, DePaul: 14.7 ppg, 10.5 reb, 1.8 ast, 1.8 stl, 2.7 blk, 67.3% fg, 66.7% 3-pt

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Dafuq? Akinjo just entered the transfer portal? That sucks

As of right now, I'd say Obi Toppin is probably the steal of the draft. There are six standouts from rounds 8 & 9. Toppin looks like an All-American. Ramsey and Butler might have a decent shot at making 3rd Team All-American. Terry Taylor is a safe choice for HM All-American. Paul Reed and Okongwu would be 1st Team All-Conference if the season ended today.

-Obi Toppin, Dayton: 24 ppg, 8.3 reb, 1.8 ast, 1.0 stl, 1.5 blk, 72.5% fg, 50% 3-pt

-Jahmi'us Ramsey, Texas Tech: 19.4 ppg, 6.2 reb, 1.6 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.8 blk, 52.9% fg, 52.2% 3-pt

-Jared Butler, Baylor: 19 ppg, 3.5 ast, 2.0 stl, 53.4% fg, 52.5% 3-pt

-Terry Taylor, Austin Peay: 23.3 ppg, 9.2 reb, 1.5 stl, 1.8 blk, 56.4% fg

-Onyeka Okongwu, USC: 18 ppg, 8.8 reb, 3 blk, 60.6% fg

-Paul Reed, DePaul: 14.7 ppg, 10.5 reb, 1.8 ast, 1.8 stl, 2.7 blk, 67.3% fg, 66.7% 3-pt

My team is good

In reality, win shares vs a shitty schedule aren’t equal to win shares vs a good schedule.

Are those adjusted?

No, I don’t believe so. The Vermont guy and Utah State guy both had crazy win shares last year.
Hmm....you don't say......

basketballdraft-teams.jpg

Anyone want side action on this? I’ll bet that I have over 2.5 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team All Americans.

In reality, win shares vs a shitty schedule aren’t equal to win shares vs a good schedule.

Are those adjusted?

If only there were a simple way to adjust them. Anyone from a power conference is going to face a reasonable amount of quality competition. That's why they are rewarded with higher point totals for making 1st Team All-Conference. And players that face good competition are much, much more likely to merit All-American honors.

The postseason season awards is a good way to correct the imperfect nature of win shares. Generally speaking, most #1 guys for top 50 teams are going to be in the range of 5-7 win shares. Postseason awards are usually more impactful on determining the total score than win shares. Just take a look at the top 20 performers from last year. Every single AP All-American was in the top 15, with the exception of PJ Washington, who came in at #20.

2019draft-top-performers.jpg

@jace4655555 misfortune has struck your team again. Charles Bassey is out for the season with a broken tibia. Feel bad about this, especially since I drafted him for you. He was having a good season and was probably the odds-on favorite to win Conference POY. I watched the latter part of this game, and the injury was brutal. His leg buckled and bent in a unnatural way that you instantly knew there was some sort of fracture.

Can't believe what a rough season Tristan Clark has had. 5 points and 3.5 rebounds. Didn't even start the last game. He clearly isn't the same player after the injury from last year. I basically forfeited a second round pick there.

@jace4655555 misfortune has struck your team again. Charles Bassey is out for the season with a broken tibia. Feel bad about this, especially since I drafted him for you. He was having a good season and was probably the odds-on favorite to win Conference POY. I watched the latter part of this game, and the injury was brutal. His leg buckled and bent in a unnatural way that you instantly knew there was some sort of fracture.

I watched that game, it was a brutal looking injury.

My team is trash. Stewart and Tinkle are the only ones playing well.

@dukedevilz can you post the rosters in the opening post of the thread? I have no idea who is on my team and no idea what page that info is on.

Done. Rosters are posted on the first page. I'll try to post the stats for everyone sometime this month. Everyone will need to lock in on 8 players before January 1. If nothing is submitted to me, I'll take players from rounds 1-8.

One more player needs to be added to that list, and it's Elijah Hughes for @MGC_07. We agreed to add him after Lamine Diane was ruled out for the season - and Syracuse had yet to play a game.

Anybody want to trade for Nojel Eastern? Dude isn't even starting any more. I'll package him with the quitter James Akinjo.

At least Neemias Queta finally played a game the other day.

Only played 10 minutes the other night, but yes, Queta could be huge. If he returns to form, he'll most likely be 1st Team All-Conference. I don't think anyone could have predicted the crazy seasons for Akinjo and Eastern. Most everyone saw both of those guys as top 100 players. But I'm glad college basketball is wildly unpredictable. It would be boring if everything went according to plan.

Not really sure who has the best team at this point.

@hailtoyourvictor has some really nice players in Jordan Nwora, Vernon Carey, Zavier Simpson, Kira Lewis, Jon Teske, and Jahmi'us Ramsey.

@GE Nole has quality pieces in Myles Powell, Payton Pritchard, Mamadi Diakite, John Mooney, Yoeli Childs, Jared Butler, and Kristian Doolittle.

@sdsufan10 might have enough talent to repeat. Notable players include Azubuike, Kaleb Wesson, Grant Riller, Tyler Bey, Isaiah Joe, Tshiebwe, and Collin Gillespie.

@jwill133 has a nice trio in Devon Dotson, Killian Tillie, and Kamar Baldwin. He has several mid-majors that could earn HM All-American honors.

I don't think there will be a run-away like we've sort of had the past two years. This one will be close. Meaning it will likely come down to who has the most consistent players (ie: 6th and 7th players making one of the all-conference teams). Still a long season. A lot can change in four months.

Not really sure who has the best team at this point.

@hailtoyourvictor has some really nice players in Jordan Nwora, Vernon Carey, Zavier Simpson, Kira Lewis, Jon Teske, and Jahmi'us Ramsey.

@GE Nole has quality pieces in Myles Powell, Payton Pritchard, Mamadi Diakite, John Mooney, Yoeli Childs, Jared Butler, and Kristian Doolittle.

@sdsufan10 might have enough talent to repeat. Notable players include Azubuike, Kaleb Wesson, Grant Riller, Tyler Bey, Isaiah Joe, Tshiebwe, and Collin Gillespie.

@jwill133 has a nice trio in Devon Dotson, Killian Tillie, and Kamar Baldwin. He has several mid-majors that could earn HM All-American honors.

I don't think there will be a run-away like we've sort of had the past two years. This one will be close. Meaning it will likely come down to who has the most consistent players (ie: 6th and 7th players making one of the all-conference teams). Still a long season. A lot can change in four months.

Also I’ve got Remy Martin averaging 20 4 and 4 and Elleby averaging 20 and 6 for P5 schools.

Why was Eastern drafted?
Shot in the dark late in the draft. I thought he had a decent chance to be B1G DPOY and a near lock for all defensive team. Averaged 7.5 last year and figured with Carsen and Cline gone, that would bump to double figures at least.

He's had a foot and ankle injury already but I have no idea if that's affecting him but he's certainly not right. He still can be uber disruptive defensively but the minutes aren't there to be on the all defensive team right now.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
looks like you people missed by not drafting Garza,
22 ppg, 9.8 rpg just dropped 44 points on Michigan out playing the great Teske.

ADVERTISEMENT