ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 College Basketball Draft (Updated Standings)

@jace4655555 feel kind of bad that you lost Langford. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the season. I know one player that would be an absolute steal. And the crazy thing is, most everyone here should know who this player is. I feel that he was overlooked because I had him a little low in my top 150 rankings. I think he's a legit top 50 player.

Seems like you have a lot on your plate, so if you'd like me to go ahead and take this player for you, I will.
Sorry, just now getting back and hearing the news....shit that sucks! At least I'm not losing one of my top picks lol. Yeah, if you don't mind

lol how'd that happen? Well, I'll take Isaiah Livers as one of my picks.

People got in my head so I didn’t wanna take a third Michigan player.

He might be Michigan’s best player and I took the other two 50 and 70 pics ago. God speed!

People got in my head so I didn’t wanna take a third Michigan player.

He might be Michigan’s best player and I took the other two 50 and 70 pics ago. God speed!
He might. He might also be a distant third and just HM all Big Ten. In a format like this and where only 120 players are chosen from 351 teams, that’s not enough to justify taking that risk IMO.

You get 2 points for 1st team all conference as a mid major and the same for major conference 3rd team. It’s easier to find a guy you can confidently say will be 1st team at a MM late than a guy who will have to beat out some damn good players in a major conference.

Last edited:
I think there are available players with a much, much higher ceiling than Livers. At any rate, the player I was wanting to draft for @jace4655555 is Precious Achiuwa of Memphis. Yes, the last pick of the draft is a legit All-American candidate.

So, Isaiah Livers and Precious Achiuwa for Jace.

Reactions: jace4655555
I think there are available players with a much, much higher ceiling than Livers. At any rate, the player I was wanting to draft for @jace4655555 is Precious Achiuwa of Memphis. Yes, the last pick of the draft is a legit All-American candidate.

So, Isaiah Livers and Precious Achiuwa for Jace.

Name one for funzies

He might. He might also be a distant third and just HM all Big Ten. In a format like this and where on 120 players are chosen from 351 teams, that’s not enough to justify taking that risk IMO.

You get 2 points for 1st team all conference as a mid major and the same for major conference 3rd team. It’s easier to find a guy you can confidently say will be 1st team at a MM late than a guy who will have to beat out some damn good players in a major conference.

A distant third? No.

Name one for funzies

I think it's conceivable for Livers to be 2nd Team All-Conference. Simpson and Teske aren't offensive juggernauts. So maybe if he averages 15/7 or around there, he could be a top 10 player. Just see him more as 3rd Team or HM All-Conference.

Here are a few guys that I think have a higher ceiling...

Elijah Hughes, Syracuse
LJ Figueroa, St.John's
Xavier Sneed, Kansas State
Chris Duarte, Oregon
David Collins, South Florida
Quentin Grimes, Houston
Nick Muszynski, Belmont
Nathan Knight, William & Mary
Eugene German, Northern Illinois

I think it's conceivable for Livers to be 2nd Team All-Conference. Simpson and Teske aren't offensive juggernauts. So maybe if he averages 15/7 or around there, he could be a top 10 player. Just see him more as 3rd Team or HM All-Conference.

Elijah Hughes, Syracuse
LJ Figueroa, St.John's
Chris Duarte, Oregon
Quentin Grimes, Houston
Nick Muszynski, Belmont

I don’t think Livers is any worse of a pick than all of those guys is what I’m saying. That’s why I said name one not name 10. We will follow that comparison.

Or I can bet that Livers finishes in the top half of that group.

I think 15 and 7 is very doable. I’m thinking 14 and 6 is a good projection.

Last edited:
Nobody picked DeSousa?

He could end up being KU’s best player this year. Worth taking in the final round, IMO.

Elijah Hughes, Syracuse
LJ Figueroa, St.John's
Chris Duarte, Oregon
Quentin Grimes, Houston
Nick Muszynski, Belmont
Damn, imo Figueroa would have been a phenomenal pick.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I don’t think Livers is any worse of a pick than all of those guys is what I’m saying. That’s why I said name one not name 10. We will follow that comparison.

Or I can bet that Livers finishes in the top half of that group.

I think 15 and 7 is very doable. I’m thinking 14 and 6 is a good projection.

I'd say just about all of them have a higher ceiling, however. Livers is likely the #3 guy for a team that isn't viewed by many as a top 25 team.

All the guys I listed from power conferences are the #1 options for their team. David Collins, especially, has a much higher ceiling because there have only been 6 AAC players taken so far. And they receive the same number of points as power conferences. He's a good candidate to make 1st Team. That's why I was shocked no one took Precious Achiuwa.

Also, the 3 mid-major players I listed are very good candidates to win Conference POY. Each conference has 1 Honorable Mention All-American. I'd say 60-80% chance that any one of those 3 guys is a HM All-American.

I'd say just about all of them have a higher ceiling, however. Livers is likely the #3 guy for a team that isn't viewed by many as a top 25 team.

All the guys I listed from power conferences are the #1 options for their team. David Collins, especially, has a much higher ceiling because there have only been 6 AAC players taken so far. And they receive the same number of points as power conferences. He's a good candidate to make 1st Team. That's why I was shocked no one took Precious Achiuwa.

Also, the 3 mid-major players I listed are very good candidates to win Conference POY. Each conference has 1 Honorable Mention All-American. I'd say 60-80% chance that any one of those 3 guys is a HM All-American.

I don’t think anyone knows what his ceiling is at the moment. He looked really good in the exhibition..... as in unquestionably the best player for Michigan type good. Now that could have been a fluke vs a meaningless DII, but based on how he looked I think there’s a good chance he isn’t Michigan’s #3 player. I’d swap him for Teske right now if you’d let us.

Michigan lost three top volume shooters from last year (Matthews, Poole, Brazdeikas) and Livers looked more poised to fill that gap than Simpson or Teske.

And this isn’t just being a homer. I’m talking about how I may have messed up by taking two Michigan players that weren’t him.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone knows what his ceiling is at the moment. He looked really good in the exhibition..... as in unquestionably the best player for Michigan type good. Now that could have been a fluke vs a meaningless DII, but based on how he looked I think there’s a good chance he isn’t Michigan’s #3 player. I’d swap him for Teske right now if you’d let us.

Michigan lost three top volume shooters from last year (Matthews, Poole, Brazdeikas) and Livers looked more poised to fill that gap than Simpson or Teske.

And this isn’t just being a homer. I’m talking about how I may have messed up by taking two Michigan players that weren’t him.

You know Michigan better than I do. So who knows, maybe he will be their top guy? I agree that Livers is more likely to lead Michigan in scoring than Teske or Simpson. He has good shooting percentages, so he could easily average 15+ points.

Teske brings a lot to the table. He's not a world beater on the offensive end (I do like him in PnR action, though). But, a very, very good defender. If you look at the Big Ten Leaders in Win Shares from last year, Teske was actually #2. And Simpson was #9. I think you'll be fine with your 2 UM guys. Livers could make one of the All-Conference teams, but he's gonna have to bring more to the table than just scoring. He hasn't rebounded at a very good rate for someone that plays the 4. Would like to see him improve in that area.

2019 Big Ten Leaders in Win Shares
1. Cassius Winston Michigan State 7.7
2. Jon Teske Michigan 5.7
3. Juwan Morgan Indiana 5.6
4. Xavier Tillman Michigan State 5.6
5. Carsen Edwards Purdue 5.6
6. Ethan Happ Wisconsin 5.5
7. Ignas Brazdeikis Michigan 5.5
8. Bruno Fernando Maryland 5.4
9. Zavier Simpson Michigan 5.3
10. Dererk Pardon Northwestern 5.1

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
@dukedevilz something interesting is that Michigan looks to be going from one extreme to another in terms of tempo. Michigan was one of the slowest paced teams in the country last year but Howard had them pushing the ball up.

“The game was played at a 77-possession pace, faster than any game the Wolverines played last season. Exhibition caveats apply, but Michigan only played two games faster than 77 possessions in the KenPom era (Duke 2001, Minnesota 2004).”

We'll see if counting numbers are affected by that or if the decreased efficiency evens those out.

The combination of losing 31 FGA per game (Poole, Matthews, Brazdeikas) and 8-10 more possessions per game sets someone up for a big increase in scoring. Those guys shot a lot lol.

@dukedevilz something interesting is that Michigan looks to be going from one extreme to another in terms of tempo. Michigan was one of the slowest paced teams in the country last year but Howard had them pushing the ball up.

“The game was played at a 77-possession pace, faster than any game the Wolverines played last season. Exhibition caveats apply, but Michigan only played two games faster than 77 possessions in the KenPom era (Duke 2001, Minnesota 2004).”

We'll see if counting numbers are affected by that or if the decreased efficiency evens those out.

The combination of losing 31 FGA per game (Poole, Matthews, Brazdeikas) and 8-10 more possessions per game sets someone up for a big increase in scoring. Those guys shot a lot lol.

Good points. That could have a drastic effect on their per game stats, as well as the efficiency numbers.

TBH, I just completely forgot about Precious. I assumed he had already been taken by the 10th round when I took Henry.

No one likes our under the radar guys
De Sousa enrolled in college early and was playing very well towards the end of the season on a Final Four team. He was basically a high school senior doing this. Now he’s had a year and a half of training in Self’s system and he’ll be motivated to come out and play. As the 2nd best big man on one of the nations best front courts I could see him averaging something like 14/9. If Udoka goes out with an injury, which is very possible since he’s never played a full season, De Sousa suddenly becomes the go to guy down low on a top 5 team with a coach who favors the high/low ball.

He’s definitely got sleeper potential to be a 1st team all conference/All American caliber player.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
De Sousa enrolled in college early and was playing very well towards the end of the season on a Final Four team. He was basically a high school senior doing this. Now he’s had a year and a half of training in Self’s system and he’ll be motivated to come out and play. As the 2nd best big man on one of the nations best front courts I could see him averaging something like 14/9. If Udoka goes out with an injury, which is very possible since he’s never played a full season, De Sousa suddenly becomes the go to guy down low on a top 5 team with a coach who favors the high/low ball.

He’s definitely got sleeper potential to be a 1st team all conference/All American caliber player.

I like De Sousa. He was incredibly efficient in his first year. I considered taking him, but I got scared away simply due to the fact that Kansas has so many bigs. I have a hard time seeing him averaging more than 25 minutes a game; that will reduce the likelihood of him being 1st or 2nd Team. In addition to Azubuike and De Sousa, you guys also have McCormack, Lightfoot, Enaura, and Wilson. That's a lot of quality forwards/centers to shuffle around.

Final Draft Results
Round 1

1. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
2. Markus Howard, Marquette
3. Myles Powell, Seton Hall
4. Jordan Nwora, Louisville
5. Cole Anthony, North Carolina
6. James Wiseman, Memphis
7. Devon Dotson, Kansas
8. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
9. Kerry Blackshear, Florida
10. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas
11. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati
12. Jalen Smith, Maryland

Round 2
13. Tre Jones, Duke
14. Nico Mannion, Arizona
15. Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
16. Isaiah Stewart, Washington
17. Anthony Cowan, Maryland
18. Killian Tillie, Gonzaga
19. Joshua Langford, Michigan State
20. Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky
21. Vernon Carey, Duke
22. Payton Pritchard, Oregon
23. Tristan Clark, Baylor
24. Anthony Lamb, Vermont

Round 3
25. Sam Merrill, Utah State
26. Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's
27. Mamadi Diakite, Virginia
28. Zavier Simpson, Michigan
29. Andrew Nembhard, Florida
30. Lamar Stevens, Penn State
31. Kamar Baldwin, Butler
32. Antoine Davis, Detroit
33. Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
34. Grant Riller, Charleston
35. McKinley Wright, Colorado
36. Omer Yurtseven, Georgetown

Round 4
37. Ashton Hagans, Kentucky
38. Desmond Bane, TCU
39. Tyler Bey, Colorado
40. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
41. Skylar Mays, LSU
42. Davide Moretti, Texas Tech
43. Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Davidson
44. Garrison Brooks, North Carolina
45. Kira Lewis, Alabama
46. John Mooney, Notre Dame
47. Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State
48. Naji Marshall, Xavier

5th Round
49. Bryce Aiken, Harvard
50. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova
51. Markell Johnson, NC State
52. Jon Teske, Michigan
53. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
54. Charles Bassey, Western Kentucky
55. Breein Tyree, Ole Miss
56. Alpha Diallo, Providence
57. Lamine Diane, CS Northridge
58. Isaiah Joe, Arkansas
59. Scottie Lewis, Florida
60. Kahlil Whitney, Kentucky

6th Round
61. JaQuan Lyle, New Mexico
62. Josh Green, Arizona
63. Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia
64. Xavier Tillman, Michigan State
65. Derek Culver, West Virginia
66. Marcus Evans, VCU
67. Ty-Shon Alexander, Creighton
68. Boogie Ellis, Memphis
69. Chris Lykes, Miami
70. Yoeli Childs, BYU
71. Reggie Perry, Mississppi State
72. Kellan Graday, Davidson

7th Round
73. Matt Haarms, Purdue
74. Dejon Jarreau, Houston
75. Jalen Pickett, Siena
76. Remy Martin, Arizona State
77. Lamonte Turner, Tennessee
78. Devonte Green, Indiana
79. Matthew Hurt, Duke
80. Quinton Rose, Temple
81. Admon Gilder, Gonzaga
82. Tre Mann, Florida
83. Javonte Smart, LSU
84. AJ Lawson, South Carolina

8th Round
85. Trent Forrest, Florida State
86. Obi Toppin, Dayton
87. Chris Clarke, Texas Tech
88. Jaden McDaniels, Washington
89. Nick Rakocevic, USC
90. Terry Taylor, Austin Peay
91. Samuel Williamson, Louisville
92. Mustapha Heron, St.John's
93. Xavier Johnson, Pittsburgh
94. Jared Butler, Baylor
95. Corey Kispert, Gonzaga
96. James Akinjo, Georgetown

Round 9
97. Nojel Eastern, Purdue
98. Onyeka Okongwu, USC
99. Josiah-Jordan James, Tennessee
100. Jahmi'us Ramsey, Texas Tech
101. Paul Scruggs, Xavier
102. Nathan Hoover, Wofford
103. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas
104. Mitch Ballock, Creighton
105. Joe Wieskamp, Iowa
106. Isaiah Mobley, USC
107. Paul Reed, DePaul
108. EJ Montgomery, Kentucky

Round 10
109. Dwayne Sutton, Louisville
110. Trendon Watford, LSU
111. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
112. Aaron Henry, Michigan State
113. Trayce Jackson-Daivs, Indiana
114. Colbey Ross, Pepperdine
115. Isaiah Livers, Michigan
116. Saddiq Bey, Villanova
117. CJ Elleby, Washington State
118. Kristian Doolitte, Oklahoma
119. Rapolas Ivanauskas, Colgate
120. Neemias Queta, Utah State
121. Precious Achiuwa, Memphis (supplemental pick to Jace for the loss of Josh Langford)

And here are the 12 teams.

basketballdraft-teams.jpg

basketballdraft-teams1.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And here are the 12 teams.

basketballdraft-teams.jpg

basketballdraft-teams1.jpg
Thanks for putting this together @dukedevilz. It will be fun to track how my guys are doing periodically throughout the season.

BTW, just an FYI for all. Only two players return from last year's top 10 national win shares rankings, Cassius Winston and Sam Merrill. You'd have to be a genius to have been able to draft both of those guys!!

Thanks for putting this together @dukedevilz. It will be fun to track how my guys are doing periodically throughout the season.

BTW, just an FYI for all. Only two players return from last year's top 10 national win shares rankings, Cassius Winston and Sam Merrill. You'd have to be a genius to have been able to draft both of those guys!!

Between Winston-Merrill-Lamb you easily have the trio with the highest floor in this draft. Merrill and Lamb have a WIDE margin over the peers in their respective conferences, so it's likely they receive HM All-American. Utah State is a top 25 team to start the season, and Vermont is a potential top 50 team. Don't think it would be too far-fetched for either one of these guys to make an All-American team. Some of the picks in your draft I'm not crazy about (ie Naji Marshall), but I could easily be proven wrong.

Last year, I correctly predicted @sdsufan10 as the winner. The year before, the team I picked to win the draft finished second. So I don't believe my picks are cursed. I believe my team is a legitimate contender to win it all, but I like not to include my team in the predictions (my teams finished 2nd place in the last 2 drafts). I think all of us should believe we have the best team. So here's how I see it...

1. MGC_07
2. boilerzz
3. WeAreDePaul
4. klize17
5. Villain07
6. hailtoyourvicotr
7. sdsufan10
8. GE Nole
9. jace465555
10. jwill133
11. imajericho

Between Winston-Merrill-Lamb you easily have the trio with the highest floor in this draft. Merrill and Lamb have a WIDE margin over the peers in their respective conferences, so it's likely they receive HM All-American. Utah State is a top 25 team to start the season, and Vermont is a potential top 50 team. Don't think it would be too far-fetched for either one of these guys to make an All-American team. Some of the picks in your draft I'm not crazy about (ie Naji Marshall), but I could easily be proven wrong.

Last year, I correctly predicted @sdsufan10 as the winner. The year before, the team I picked to win the draft finished second. So I don't believe my picks are cursed. I believe my team is a legitimate contender to win it all, but I like not to include my team in the predictions (my teams finished 2nd place in the last 2 drafts). I think all of us should believe we have the best team. So here's how I see it...

1. MGC_07
2. boilerzz
3. WeAreDePaul
4. klize17
5. Villain07
6. hailtoyourvicotr
7. sdsufan10
8. GE Nole
9. jace465555
10. jwill133
11. imajericho
Yeah, I wasn't in love with the Marshall pick either but he did finish 2nd team All Big East last year. And that was with him banged up for a good portion of the season. I think he has a legit shot at 1st team this year.

If he can play like the guy he was late last season, he could be a high ceiling guy. Over his last 11 games, he averaged 18 points, 8 rebounds and 3.6 assists and that includes a terrible game against Nova where he got in foul trouble and only played 16 minutes.

1. MGC_07
2. boilerzz
3. WeAreDePaul
4. klize17
5. Villain07
6. hailtoyourvicotr
7. sdsufan10
8. GE Nole
9. jace465555
10. jwill133
11. imajericho
Hell yeah!

1. MGC_07
2. boilerzz
3. WeAreDePaul
4. klize17
5. Villain07
6. hailtoyourvicotr
7. sdsufan10
8. GE Nole
9. jace465555
10. jwill133
11. imajericho

It's interesting that you made half of my picks, but pick me 9th.

Lol in all seriousness, if I finish 9th I'll be super happy!

Lost my 2nd round pick before season started

Had to have you make at least 4 picks for me (thanks so much again for that!)

I had 4 picks that I rushed because I hadn't been able to keep up with all the players available and I didn't want to hold up everyone else.

So, I will be legitimately surprised if I don't come in dead last.

It's interesting that you made half of my picks, but pick me 9th.

Lol in all seriousness, if I finish 9th I'll be super happy!

Lost my 2nd round pick before season started

Had to have you make at least 4 picks for me (thanks so much again for that!)

I had 4 picks that I rushed because I hadn't been able to keep up with all the players available and I didn't want to hold up everyone else.

So, I will be legitimately surprised if I don't come in dead last.

I probably screwed your team lol. Nah, I think you guys will be fine. Obviously losing a second round pick is a huge loss. Your margin for error is a lot smaller now. But you have some nice guys on your team. If Bassey and Gudmundsson are Conference Players of the Year, which is a very strong possibility, then you guys could very easily be in the top half of the league. I'll be rooting for your team, however, since yes I did pick 5 of those guys.

Reactions: jace4655555
@jace4655555 Check it out. I was 5 for 5 on drafting guys for you that are on the Wooden preseason top 50 list. Throw James Wiseman into that bunch and you've got yourself a solid group of players. Maybe you guys will be alright after all.

Precious Achiuwa, Memphis (6-9, Fr., F)
Ty-Shon Alexander, Creighton (6-4, Jr., G)

Cole Anthony, North Carolina (6-3, Fr., G)
Udoka Azubuike, Kansas (7-0, Sr., C)
Kamar Baldwin, Butler (6-1, Sr., G)
Desmond Bane, TCU (6-6, Sr., G)
Charles Bassey, Western Kentucky (6-11, So., C)
Saddiq Bey, Villanova (6-8, So., F)
Kerry Blackshear Jr., Florida (6-10, Sr., F)
Vernon Carey Jr., Duke (6-10, Fr., C)
Yoeli Childs, BYU (6-8, Sr., F)
Anthony Cowan Jr., Maryland (6-0, Sr., G)
Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati (6-5, Sr., G)
Antoine Davis, Detroit Mercy (6-1, So., G)
Mamadi Diakite, Virginia (6-9, Sr., F)
Alpha Diallo, Providence (6-7, Sr., G)
Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois (6-5, So., G)
Devon Dotson, Kansas (6-2, So., G)
Anthony Edwards, Georgia (6-5, Fr., G)
CJ Elleby, Washington State (6-6, So., F)
Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's (6-1, Sr., G)
Kellan Grady, Davidson (6-5, Jr., G)
Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Davidson (6-5, Sr., G)
Ashton Hagans, Kentucky (6-3, So., G)
Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State (6-5, So., G)
Markus Howard, Marquette (5-11, Sr., G)
Tre Jones, Duke (6-3, So., G)
Anthony Lamb, Vermont (6-6, Sr., F)
Scottie Lewis, Florida (6-5, Fr., G)
Nico Mannion, Arizona (6-6, Fr., G)
Naji Marshall, Xavier (6-7, Jr., F)
Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky (6-3, Fr., G)
Jaden McDaniels, Washington (6-9, Fr., F)
Sam Merrill, Utah State (6-5, Sr., G)
Andrew Nembhard, Florida (6-5, So., G)
Jordan Nwora, Louisville (6-7, Jr., F)
Reggie Perry, Mississippi State (6-5, Sr., G)
Myles Powell, Seton Hall (6-2, Sr., G)
Payton Pritchard, Oregon (6-2, Sr., G)
Neemias Queta, Utah State (7-0, So., C)
Nick Rakocevic, USC (6-11, Sr., F)
Jalen Smith, Maryland (6-10, So., F)
Lamar Stevens, Penn State (6-8, Sr., F)
Isaiah Stewart, Washington (6-9, Fr., F)
Killian Tillie, Gonzaga (6-10, Sr., F)
Tres Tinkle, Oregon State (6-7, Sr., F)
Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State (6-9, Jr., F)
Cassius Winston, Michigan State (6-1, Sr., G)
James Wiseman, Memphis (7-1, Fr., C)
McKinley Wright IV, Colorado (6-0, Jr., G)

Jared Butler had 30 points (8-12 from three) to go along with 4 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals. Kid's going to have a monster year. I kind of wanted to take him in round 6 or 7, but not a huge fan of having two guys from the same team. My dude, Tristan Clark, looked awfully rusty in his first game in 10 months. 3 points, 4 rebounds, 3 turnovers, 4 fouls. Yikes.

MGC has the best imo...

GE Nole hot out of the gates though with Butler from Baylor. 30 points today.

2 Votes for MGC. That pretty much makes him the Michigan State of the College Basketball Draft. Now it's time to back up the hype.

Reactions: MGC_07
2 Votes for MGC. That pretty much makes him the Michigan State of the College Basketball Draft. Now it's time to back up the hype.
I’m not as confident as you guys are haha. Blackshear may not be the best player on his own team, and the Washington frontcourt could boom or bust.

I was pretty happy getting Tillman, Dosunmu, Tinkle, and Gilder where I did, though.

ADVERTISEMENT