ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 College Basketball Draft (Updated Standings)

What position does Khalil Whitney play? Uks depth has scared me away from selecting anyone on UK so far.

I’m assuming Whitney is a SF and will start up front with Montgomery and Richards? And his backups will be???? Allen when healthy, juzang, and brooks? Y’all are crazy deep.

I assume the starting 5 will be:

1- Ashton Hagans
2- Tyrese Maxey
3- Kahlil Whitney
4- EJ Montgomery
5- Nick Richards

Off the bench, I think Nate Sestina, Keion Brooks, Johnny Juzang, and Immanuel Quickley will see plenty of time. Solid 9-man rotation. Most assume Maxey will lead the team in scoring. So the next most likely candidate for a solid #2 option would either be Hagans or Whitney. Not sure how it will all pan out, but UK often has very balanced scoring. In 10 years at UK, Cal has had 11 All-Americans. Odds are, at least one of his guy will be an All-American. With a top 5 team, it's possible you could see two.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hey guys, I'm having some back and neck problems right now that's keeping me insome ridiculous pain right now. I can't focus on much right now...let alone what players are available. @dukedevilz , can you just select whichever player you had listed as best available?

I apologize to everyone fir making them wait. Tbh this forum wasn't even remotely on my mind the past couple of days.

As someone who's had 7 spine surgeries let me just get this right out in the open.....

You're a huge pussy.

I believe that. Don't think you would make the joke otherwise.
Yeah, I try to keep the majority of my interaction with people on message boards limited to the subject at hand (with some levity thrown in for good measure). So when something is mentioned outside those parameters, I usually gloss over it beyond a quick "thoughts and prayers" response.

Hell, I've been on GBI for more than a decade and I know very little about the other posters outside of a few who have taken me up on my offer to buy them a beer at the brewery.

I think some of those guys stalk each other and know their life stories. I've never seen the value. And I certainly wouldn't stalk the fans of my rival like some jacka$$ does in the Big Ten thread.

Wow hadn't noticed that lol.

Anthony Edwards. Anthony Cowan. Antoine Davis. Team Anteaters. Impressive.

Fort Wayne (Indiana) fan?
1200px-Fort_Wayne_Mad_Ants_logo.svg.png

I had no idea.
Its because you're a huge jackass who only cares about himself!

Nah seriously, if it's an obvious joke no matter what the topic is, it will never bother me. You're a good dude, so I never even remotely thought negative about it.

@dukedevilz , is the order listed at the top of the page correct right now?

sorry for the delay, left my list of players at the office.

I'll take McKinley Wright, Colorado

I forgot who is after me?

sorry for the delay, left my list of players at the office.

I'll take McKinley Wright, Colorado

I forgot who is after me?

Well now I officially hate you. Somehow I thought the idea of Colorado and Pac-12 might scare people away for another round.

I have list of requested players from Villian. But from one of his recent postings I take it he'd like to look through available players one last time. Back-to-back picks coming - and then WeAreDePaul is on the clock again.

So when it’s my turn again will U give me the chance to check the list to make sure someone isn’t still there I expected to be gone before puttin in my picks that I emailed you?

It would be even better if u could upload ur Top 150 Players from the other threads and bold the players already taken but I know that’s asking a lot.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Well now I officially hate you. Somehow I thought the idea of Colorado and Pac-12 might scare people away for another round.

I have list of requested players from Villian. But from one of his recent postings I take it he'd like to look through available players one last time. Back-to-back picks coming - and then WeAreDePaul is on the clock again.
I’ve seen some people predicting Tyler Bey to be better than Wright. Bey averaged 14 and 10 last year, both more than Wright. We‘ll see. I think Colorado will be a top 5 in March.

Can someone explain to me why Tyrese Hailburton is ranked so high. He averaged 7/3/3 on an okay Iowa State team. Was he injured or something?

I’ve seen some people predicting Tyler Bey to be better than Wright. Bey averaged 14 and 10 last year, both more than Wright. We‘ll see. I think Colorado will be a top 5 in March.

It's very possible. It's a solid 1-2 punch. Wright played most of last season injured, however. Should be 100% this year.

Can someone explain to me why Tyrese Hailburton is ranked so high. He averaged 7/3/3 on an okay Iowa State team. Was he injured or something?

He made the All-Tournament Team at the U-19 World Championships. He was 2nd in the nation in Assists/TO Ratio and he had an effective fg% north of 66%. Without Horton-Tucker, Wigginton, and Shayok his usage% will undoubtedly improve. He's very deserving of that ranking, IMO. The thing that might hold him back is Iowa State might only be a bubble team. That will cut into his win shares.

Reactions: MGC_07
Round 1
1. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
2. Markus Howard, Marquette
3. Myles Powell, Seton Hall
4. Jordan Nwora, Louisville
5. Cole Anthony, UNC
6. James Wiseman, Memphis
7. Devon Dotson, Kansas
8. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
9. Kerry Blackshear, Florida
10. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas
11. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati
12. Jalen Smith, Maryland

Round 2
13. Tre Jones, Duke
14. Nico Mannion, Arizona
15. Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
16. Isaiah Stewart, Washington
17. Anthony Cowan, Maryland
18. Killian Tillie, Gonzaga
19. Joshua Langford, Michigan State
20. Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky
21. Vernon Carey, Duke
22. Payton Pritchard, Oregon
23. Tristan Clark, Baylor
24. Anthony Lamb, Vermont

Round 3
25. Sam Merrill, Utah State
26. Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's
27. Mamadi Diakite, Virginia
28. Zavier Simpson, Michigan
29. Andrew Nembhard, Florida
30. Lamar Stevens, Penn State
31. Kamar Baldwin, Butler
32. Antoine Davis, Detroit
33. Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
34. Grant Riller, Charleston
35. McKinley Wright, Colorado
36. Omer Yurtseven, Georgetown

Round 4
37. Ashton Hagans, Kentucky

@WeAreDePaul is up again
@sdsufan10 is on deck

It's very possible. It's a solid 1-2 punch. Wright played most of last season injured, however. Should be 100% this year.

He made the All-Tournament Team at the U-19 World Championships. He was 2nd in the nation in Assists/TO Ratio and he had an effective fg% north of 66%. Without Horton-Tucker, Wigginton, and Shayok his usage% will undoubtedly improve. He's very deserving of that ranking, IMO. The thing that might hold him back is Iowa State might only be a bubble team. That will cut into his win shares.
Thanks

Reactions: dukedevilz
I tried to stay away from the Big Ten, but this value is just too good in the 4th round to pass up. I think he could be an all American

Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois

@klize17 is up next.

Hey @dukedevilz , my brother is coming in town and we are about to go get hammered and then in the morning, I am jumping on a party bus to Keeneland for a day at the races (I'm getting too old for this shit). As such, I am sending you a list of picks shortly for my next two if it gets to me before Sunday morning. Not sure if I will be back on before then once my brother gets here.

Hey @dukedevilz , my brother is coming in town and we are about to go get hammered and then in the morning, I am jumping on a party bus to Keeneland for a day at the races (I'm getting too old for this shit). As such, I am sending you a list of picks shortly for my next two if it gets to me before Sunday morning. Not sure if I will be back on before then once my brother gets here.

So two of the guys you listed have already been drafted. The guy at the top of your list, Yoeli Childs, is certainly worthy of being drafted in one of the early rounds. However, he's suspended for the first 9 games of the season. A terrible decision by the NCAA. Didn't get his paperwork sent over to the NCAA before signing with an agent. If BYU plays 2 games in the WCC and 2 games in the NIT, that'll put Yoeli's total games at 26 for the season. I think he'll still be 1st Team All-Conference (2 points) - and I believe it's still feasible he could be an HM All-American. Missing 9 games will make it significantly harder, of course. I will take the next available player for you, unless you indicate otherwise. Yoeli might be worth a late round pick, IMO. But too risky with that 9 game suspension.

Other players to avoid:
Brandon Williams, Arizona, out for season
Mario Kegler, Baylor, left team to go pro
Bryan Antoine, Villanova, shoulder injury- out until at least Mid-December
Denzel Mahoney, Creighton, not eligible until second semester
Wynston Tabbs, Boston College, out for the season
Jordan Bohannon, Iowa, likely out for the season
Malik Williams, Louisville, broken foot- out for the first month of the season

Reactions: boilerzz
I tried to stay away from the Big Ten, but this value is just too good in the 4th round to pass up. I think he could be an all American

Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois

@klize17 is up next.

Indeed. You could argue that he merits a top 20 selection. I certainly would have taken him at the end of Round 4 if he was available. Solid pick.

Reactions: MGC_07
I will be drafting as proxy for Jace. I'll take the reigning A-10 Player of the Year...

Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Davidson

@imajericho is on the clock.

John Mooney, Notre Dame.

@dukedevilz im not sure who is up next.

You tagged the right person, actually.

I'll take the guy who I was pumping up earlier... Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State. @boilerzz is up for back-to-back picks.

Round 1

1. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
2. Markus Howard, Marquette
3. Myles Powell, Seton Hall
4. Jordan Nwora, Louisville
5. Cole Anthony, UNC
6. James Wiseman, Memphis
7. Devon Dotson, Kansas
8. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
9. Kerry Blackshear, Florida
10. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas
11. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati