ADVERTISEMENT

2019-20 Pick 'Em - Week 19 (Conference Tournament Games)

Seton Hall faked us out. Reports of Myles Powell's ankle injury were greatly exaggerated... missed out on including that game in our weekly pick 'em. Felt like a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 type matchup.

Seton Hall faked us out. Reports of Myles Powell's ankle injury were greatly exaggerated... missed out on including that game in our weekly pick 'em. Felt like a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 type matchup.

wait, did Powell play???? I didn't even bother recording the game because I was told he was out for a long time. WTF

wait, did Powell play???? I didn't even bother recording the game because I was told he was out for a long time. WTF

Yeah, took a lot of people by surprise. An unfortunate game to miss. I think I've seen 30-35 games so far this season, and that's easily the best game I've watched. Felt like a second weekend type matchup in March.

Reactions: MGC_07
Yeah, took a lot of people by surprise. An unfortunate game to miss. I think I've seen 30-35 games so far this season, and that's easily the best game I've watched. Felt like a second weekend type matchup in March.

I'm really pissed and now I kinda want Seton Hall to lose a lot of games. Feel like I was lied to.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'm really pissed and now I kinda want Seton Hall to lose a lot of games. Feel like I was lied to.

I'm a little suspicious that Willard was embellishing the injury - trying to catch MSU off guard a little bit. All the reports were saying it wasn't a minor injury. That he'd be out for a prolonged period of time. Guess it was, in fact, a very minor injury.

Congrats to @IUfanBorden on showing everyone up last week. He led the way with 20 points and he was the only one that picked UConn to take down Florida. Quite a few single-digit scores from last week. Don't be discouraged! I'll be dropping the lowest weekly total + we'll have 3 or 4 weeks of double points.

We don't have a full-slate of juggernaut match-ups this week, unfortunately. 3 neutral court games + 3 rivalry games. UGA and GT are both undefeated at this point. Good chance that Utah State has Neemias Queta back (heard he was involved in the 5-on-5 practices). ASU/St.John's is a rematch of one of the First Four games from last season.

Week 3 Games:
Wednesday- Georgia Tech at Georgia
Thursday- Texas vs Georgetown (New York, NY)
Thursday- New Mexico at New Mexico State
Friday- LSU vs Utah State (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
Saturday- Ole Miss at Memphis
Saturday- Arizona State vs St.John's (Uncasville, CT)

Week 2 Scores:
IUfanBorden - 20
bMORE607 - 16
jhmossy - 16
rockycard - 15
schoonerwest - 15
Jaycg15 - 15
MGC_07 - 14
iowahawkeyes69 - 13
hailtoyourvicotr - 12
MrBaracus - 11
KisteK - 11
dukedevilz - 11
Kevin Bryan - 10
coryfly - 9
JimboBBN - 9
SIhoosier26 - 8
WeAreDePaul - 7
lurkeraspect - 7
KUhawks34 - 6
duckyboy - 6
GE Nole - 3
DatBoilerDude - 2
Noahtogo24- 0

Cumulative Scores:
@rockycard - 35
@bMORE607 - 31
@IUfanBorden - 31
@MGC_07 - 30
@jhmossy - 30
@coryfly - 28
@hailtoyourvictor - 25
@iowahawkeyes69 - 24
@lurkeraspect84 - 21
@MrBaracus - 21
@GE Nole - 20
@schoonerwest - 20
@JimboBBN - 19
@KisteK - 19
@DatBoilerDude - 18
@Kevin Bryan - 18
@Jaycg15 - 18
@KUhawks34 - 16
@SIhoosier26 - 14
dukedevilz - 14
@WeAreDePaul - 10
@Noahtogo24 - 7
@duckboy33 - 6

6 Memphis
5 Georgia
4 Texas
3 New Mexico State
2 Utah State
1 Arizona State

6 - Texas
5 - Memphis
4 - New Mexico State
3 - Georgia
2 - Arizona State
1 - LSU

I was wanting to watch the New Mexico-New Mexico State game. Big time mid-major game between two potential top 50 teams. Game comes on Aggie Vision? What!?

Reactions: KisteK
6. Memphis
5. Utah State
4. Texas
3. New Mexico State
2. Arizona State
1. Georgia Tech

6 - Arizona State
5 - Texas
4 - New Mexico State
3 - Georgia
2 - Memphis
1 - Utah State

6-Texas
5-Utah State
4-Georgia
3-Memphis
2-New Mexico State
1-Zona State

Memphis 6
Texas 5
New Mexico State 4
Arizona State 3
Georgia 2
Utah State 1

Ok learned my lesson putting 6 on LSU, never doing that again.

This week is brutal, don't know anything about 9 of these teams basically.

6- New Mexico State
5 - Georgia
4 - Arizona State
3 - Texas
2 - OIe Miss
1 - LSU

6 - Texas
5 - Memphis
4 - New Mexico
3 - LSU
2 - Georgia
1 - Arizona St

Congrats to @IUfanBorden on showing everyone up last week. He led the way with 20 points and he was the only one that picked UConn to take down Florida. Quite a few single-digit scores from last week. Don't be discouraged! I'll be dropping the lowest weekly total + we'll have 3 or 4 weeks of double points.

We don't have a full-slate of juggernaut match-ups this week, unfortunately. 3 neutral court games + 3 rivalry games. UGA and GT are both undefeated at this point. Good chance that Utah State has Neemias Queta back (heard he was involved in the 5-on-5 practices). ASU/St.John's is a rematch of one of the First Four games from last season.

Week 3 Games:
Wednesday- Georgia Tech at Georgia
Thursday- Texas vs Georgetown (New York, NY)
Thursday- New Mexico at New Mexico State
Friday- LSU vs Utah State (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
Saturday- Ole Miss at Memphis
Saturday- Arizona State vs St.John's (Uncasville, CT)

Cumulative Scores:

@Noahtogo24 - 7
@duckboy33 - 6

6.Memphis
5.Texas
4.Utah State
3.Georgia
2.Zona State
1.New Mexico

6. Memphis----Note: I so badly wanted to take Ole Miss here.
5. Arizona State
4. UGA
3. Utah St
2. Texas
1. New Mexico

6) Texas
5) Memphis
4) Arizona State
3) Utah State
2) Georgia
1) New Mexico

Last edited:
5). Texas
4). LSU
3). Arizona State
2). Memphis
1). New Mexica

Last edited:
Yeah, this thing being in the pinned section screws me up, haha.

6-0
5-Texas
4-New Mexico State
3-Utah State
2-Memphis
1-ASU

New Mexico 78
New Mexico State 77

I knew I picked a good game there. Just wish I was able to watch it... And it looks like every single person picked Texas to beat Georgetown. Never trust a Texas team led by Shaka Smart.

LSU blew that one. Holy cow. 19 point second half lead. Skylar Mays dropped 30 points, but had 2 huge turnovers down the stretch.

Did anyone catch Utah State's Diogo Brito after the game ended? Goodness. He looked directly into the camera and clearly says, "LET'S GO!!!! LET'S F****** GO!!!!" I think what I loved the most was that when he was screaming for joy he had three monstrous saliva chunks pop out of his mouth simultaneously. It was glorious. Someone needs to capture that as a gif.

how do you clean up shitty coaching and no gameplan?
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT