ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Pick 'Em Week 16 (Double Points)

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Fairly solid scores across the board from Week 15. Lots of good looking matchups this week. Double points (points for level of confidence will be: 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2), so don't mess it up, fellas!

Week 16 Games
Tuesday: FSU at Clemson
Wednesday: Louisville at Syracuse
Saturday: Texas at Oklahoma
Saturday: Tennessee at LSU
Saturday: Kansas at Texas Tech
Sunday: Michigan State at Michigan

Week 15 Scores:
dukedevilz- 21
SNU0821- 20
JimboBBN- 20
schoonerwest- 17
rockycard- 17
jhmossy- 16
JC for 3- 14
WeAreDePaul- 13
GE Nole- 8
coryfly- 5

Cumulative Scores:
@SNU0821 209
dukedevilz 207
@jhmossy 203
@JimboBBN 198
@WeAreDePaul 185
@rockycard 177
@coryfly 172
@schoonerwest 171
@GE Nole 157
@SIhoosier26 69
@DatBoilerDude 50
@KisteK 46
@BasketBallJunkie-UK 44
@HRTheCard 31
@MKordIUBB 15
@JC for 3- 14
@JayhawkWriter 11
@duckboy33 10
@BobbyBoucheer 9
@bignish 7
@mathman68 5

12- Texas Tech
10- Oklahoma
8- Tennessee
6- Clemson
4- Michigan
2- Louisville

Last edited:
12. Texas Tech
10. Michigan
8. Oklahoma
6. LSU
4. Louisville
2. Clemson

12 - Michigan
10 - Texas Tech
8 - Oklahoma
6 - Tennessee
4 - Syracuse
2 - Florida State

12-Oklahoma
10-Kansas
8-Michigan
6-FSU
4-Louisville
2-Tennessee

12 - Texas Tech
10 - Oklahoma
8 - Michigan
6 - Clemson
4 - Syracuse
2 - Tennessee

12 - Michigan
10 - Texas Tech
8 - LSU
6 - FSU
4 - Syracuse
2 - Texas

@JimboBBN looks like you're the last regular who hasn't posted their picks for the week. Still got the better part of the day before the first game of the week.

I wish I was as confident in FSU today as some of y'all. Clemson is desperate for a win and their backs are against the NCAAT wall. FSU has one 7 straight so seems due for a clunker.

I wish I was as confident in FSU today as some of y'all. Clemson is desperate for a win and their backs are against the NCAAT wall. FSU has one 7 straight so seems due for a clunker.

Clemson has had some crazy bad luck recently. That loss to NC State should have never happened. Then those two 1-point losses last week were both devastating. I agree, they are desperate. I think FSU is the better team, but playing at home and fighting for their lives I gotta go with Clemson.

Clemson has had some crazy bad luck recently. That loss to NC State should have never happened. Then those two 1-point losses last week were both devastating. I agree, they are desperate. I think FSU is the better team, but playing at home and fighting for their lives I gotta go with Clemson.

Couldn’t say it better myself.

However, I think the Noles come back and upset UNC on Saturday, as the Heels will be expending a lot of energy against Duke tomorrow.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Couldn’t say it better myself.

However, I think the Noles come back and upset UNC on Saturday, as the Heels will be expending a lot of energy against Duke tomorrow.

We have Pick 'Em games on the Duke Board, and 2 FSU games were featured this week. I followed exactly like you mentioned. Picked Clemson at home over FSU - and picked FSU to beat UNC on the road. Both games should be very competitive, though. Wouldn't expect either one to be more than a 7-8 point margin of victory.

Reactions: GE Nole
Don’t know where else to post this but I find it really odd that Kansas isn’t playing 2 games this week. I can’t ever recall seeing them have a full week in between games outside of November or December. I actually can’t really recall any team going a full week in between games this time of the year.

Don’t know where else to post this but I find it really odd that Kansas isn’t playing 2 games this week. I can’t ever recall seeing them have a full week in between games outside of November or December. I actually can’t really recall any team going a full week in between games this time of the year.

Self said it's to mimic the NCAAT. A week to prepare with a 48 hour turnaround time for the next one. TT also has the week off.

ACC has an odd number of teams, so there will always be one school that doesn't have a matchup. That's when we typically play St.John's - I know UNC usually leaves that as a bye week. But Big 12 has a nice even number, so yes, that does seem a little odd.

We have Pick 'Em games on the Duke Board, and 2 FSU games were featured this week. I followed exactly like you mentioned. Picked Clemson at home over FSU - and picked FSU to beat UNC on the road. Both games should be very competitive, though. Wouldn't expect either one to be more than a 7-8 point margin of victory.

Wow. We sure were wrong. Best sustained of basketball for FSU since 2012. Kabengele is really starting to be a matchup nightmare. 19 points on 9-13 shooting, 11 boards, 2 blocks in 19 minutes of play tonight...

Wow. We sure were wrong. Best sustained of basketball for FSU since 2012. Kabengele is really starting to be a matchup nightmare. 19 points on 9-13 shooting, 11 boards, 2 blocks in 19 minutes of play tonight...

He certainly gave us fits. Pretty obvious choice for 6th Man of the Year, although I'm not really sure why he isn't starting. If FSU can get by UNC on Saturday, there's a good chance they'll end the regular season with a 13 game winning streak. Not bad, Noles. Not bad.

He certainly gave us fits. Pretty obvious choice for 6th Man of the Year, although I'm not really sure why he isn't starting. If FSU can get by UNC on Saturday, there's a good chance they'll end the regular season with a 13 game winning streak. Not bad, Noles. Not bad.

It’s just how the team operates best mentally right now. He’s a pretty unselfish kid. Likes the senior Koumadje getting the starts and watching how the game flow goes. Keep in mind, Koumadje had back to back double doubles against Wake and GT and then had 10/7 last night in like 18 minutes. So it’s not like Koumadje isn’t producing either. He’s also a major reason why we lead the ACC in 2pt percentage defense.

Maybe Hamilton is pulling a Buzz Williams move and not starting his best players so they can get the 6th Man of the Year award. Like when Buzz didn’t start Seth Allen or Zach LeDay a few years ago.

Maybe Hamilton is pulling a Buzz Williams move and not starting his best players so they can get the 6th Man of the Year award. Like when Buzz didn’t start Seth Allen or Zach LeDay a few years ago.

Seems odd to me, to say the least. I get the whole getting energy and production off the bench, especially if you go 10 deep or so. That guy becomes the leader of the second unit. But it would be more reasonable to start your best players, and even more so if one of those guys is getting 30+ minutes a game. I mean, from a purely energy/fatigue standpoint, you're now trying to squeeze 30 minutes into 35, instead of 30 minutes into 40. Why rest your best player before he's ever been on the floor?

Reactions: sgrooms and jhmossy
Seems odd to me, to say the least. I get the whole getting energy and production off the bench, especially if you go 10 deep or so. That guy becomes the leader of the second unit. But it would be more reasonable to start your best players, and even more so if one of those guys is getting 30+ minutes a game. I mean, from a purely energy/fatigue standpoint, you're now trying to squeeze 30 minutes into 35, instead of 30 minutes into 40. Why rest your best player before he's ever been on the floor?

Some players play better after seeing the game unfold. Maybe he's foul prone and the coach wants to see how the game is called before playing his best player to prevent him from picking up ticky tack calls. I think there are advantages to sitting him at the beginning. However, I would prefer that my best players start so that we can hopefully build an early lead.

But Mfiondu isn't playing 30+ minutes. That's how we are able to sustain energy of the course of the year.

The reality is, our 1-5 guys aren't good enough to be top 6 in the ACC. We have three total top 100 players on the roster. Not three top 10 players, three top 100. UL has two players on their roster who are higher ranked recruits than anyone on our team. And that's just UL, let alone Duke, UNC, VT, Cuse, and UVA.

But 1-11 for FSU is better than most team's 1-11. So we try to keep the intensity as high as possible, get opponents into foul trouble, and push pace. In doing so, none of our players have even played 80% of FSU's total minutes this year. Terance Mann is the highest at 76.2% of our possible minutes. For comparison, Kyle Guy leads UVA at 85%, RJ Barrett leads Duke at 84.3%, Ahmed Hill leads VT at 87.2%, and Tyus Battle leads Cuse at 90.5%.

On top of that, Kabengele was extremely foul prone earlier in the season. He needed to see how the game was being called first, or he'd never make it past the 10 minute mark.

On top of even that, Koumadje is the better defender and rebounder, currently 16th in the nation in block percentage, 13th in offensive rebounding %, and 36th in defensive rebounding %. Those are all valuable things, especially to Leonard Hamilton.

@jhmossy mentions wanting to get out to a lead early? Well we do that via our defense. In the last few games, FSU led Clemson on the road 17-12 at the end of the "first quarter," we led GT on the road 22-10, we were tied with UL 14-14, and we led Syracuse on the road 23-10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT