ADVERTISEMENT

2 Transgender boys

I have a few gay friends that are against this whole gender choosing junk and are tired of it getting mentioned along with gays and lesbians. Guess they're anti-T not LGB, we don't need to lump everything in together.

Better call them and their bigoted ways out.

Reactions: tw3301
You're making a generalization that men are stronger and faster than women first off. Ronda Rousey can beat the crap out of both of us, no? . . . . . . . . . ..

My junior year in high school when I was running the old 440 yard (1/4 mile) I would bet you that there was not a woman my age in the state that could beat me. That is not a generalization, just fact. There were some men who would be able to beat me at that distance, but I doubt that one woman could.

99.99% of the men on earth can beat most women in running and strength. It is in the genes. There is nothing wrong with that fact. Women and men are ‘designed’ to do different things.

Geeze why is it so hard to understand nature?

Testosterone is a PED for women. The NCAA, for one, has rules about how much testosterone a female athlete can have. A transwoman has to test below that level to qualify.

We need better terminology than "gender identity" and "chosen gender" and "lifestyle." Those all allow it to be trivialized by people who would choose to.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Testosterone is a PED for women. The NCAA, for one, has rules about how much testosterone a female athlete can have. A transwoman has to test below that level to qualify.

We need better terminology than "gender identity" and "chosen gender" and "lifestyle." Those all allow it to be trivialized by people who would choose to.

Like what?

Fair enough bud. Hell, if you need any proof I’m tolerant of trans, look no further than @tw3301 and @jhmossy being two of my favorites on this board.

77B199w.gif

If you choose to undergo an operation to change your gender, you should do so knowing that it could exclude you from participating in sports that have rules on banned substances and are separated by sex.

You're making a generalization that men are stronger and faster than women first off. Ronda Rousey can beat the crap out of both of us, no? Diana Taurasi would beat most men 1 on 1 in hoops.

Even among the same biological gender, people are born with distinct advantages. Kawhi Leonard is taller and has a much larger wingspan than him so he has an advantage over me in a sport like basketball even if I put in the same level of effort as him at it since birth.

It's not about sheltering these individuals Jimbo as much as it is about recognizing their gender selection as being legitimate post operation.

You can't say you're in support of the LGBT community if you place endless restrictions on what they can or cannot do.

You're either all in or you're all out. A former boy having a physical advantage over other girls is more acceptable to me than discriminating against her based on her chosen gender based on some preconceived notion that all men are athletically superior to all women.
A couple of things:

Men and women are separated in sports because if you take a random man an a random woman out of the same population the man is going to be physically superior 99% of the time. Men are faster, have more muscle mass and larger frames. The fact that the elite 1% of women fighters can beat up out of shape 5'8" Joe down the block doesn't matter. It is simple statistics.

Finally, saying that male-to-female trans people shouldn't compete against naturally born women is not "placing endless restrictions on what they can or cannot do." I don't care to call a trans person by their chosen pronoun or let them pee where they want. But former men winning state/national titles in Women's divisions takes the sport out of it. An equally active person that grew up with testosterone shaping their body will be athletically superior to the one who had less testosterone during development.

Finally, saying that male-to-female trans people shouldn't compete against naturally born women is not "placing endless restrictions on what they can or cannot do." I don't care to call a trans person by their chosen pronoun or let them pee where they want. But former men winning state/national titles in Women's divisions takes the sport out of it. An equally active person that grew up with testosterone shaping their body will be athletically superior to the one who had less testosterone during development.
Does the bold add anything to what you're saying?

Maybe he meant the opposite? Like, he doesn’t care if we call etc etc, go show that he is generally okay with it? That’s the only way it made sense to me.
I hope so. Otherwise, it reads kinda like, "I may want to ban them from bathrooms, and I may refuse to use respectful pronouns... but at least I also don't want them to compete in sports."

This. I am southern and we use "I don't care to" differently than yanks. Thought context made it very clear.

Yeah, figured it was a miscommunication... you are generally fairly sensible, and it would have been an odd statement.

This. I am southern and we use "I don't care to" differently than yanks. Thought context made it very clear.
I've never heard it used that way and I've been in the South for 39 years.
Thanks for clarifying all the same.

I think we should go ahead and let men and woman compete against each other across all sports.

We'll give it five years and then compare the injury rates in high and full contact sports and reevaluate. Sound good?

Willing to bet barring some major changes to the rules in these sports there would likely be a few deaths too.

This is plainly disgusting. A man is a man, a woman is a woman. You can’t change yourself genetically, a so-called transgender woman is a man, no matter what he thinks he is. Transgenderism is a mental disorder, these boys need to be at hospital to cure their sickness, rather than playing sports.

This is plainly disgusting. A man is a man, a woman is a woman. You can’t change yourself genetically, a so-called transgender woman is a man, no matter what he thinks he is. Transgenderism is a mental disorder, these boys need to be at hospital to cure their sickness, rather than playing sports.
There's no reason to "cure" them if they are happy in their own lives. That is just dumb to say, if they are happy and they aren't hurting anyone else who gives a shit?

But don't let them play sports that are segregated by birth gender.

ADVERTISEMENT