ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Gonzaga vs BYU

Weird flex. Also, Zags by 90.... but I hope the Fightin' Mark Popes prove me wrong.

Haha no response for more than 24 hours. OP getting mad.

Okay, I'll bite. Truthfully, this might be the best defensive unit I've ever seen from BYU. Don't think they've ever had athletes like this before. However, losing Baxter was a colossal blow for their PnR action and interior defense. Timme is going to eat them alive. And BYU often looks disjointed on offense. They can't match the Zags on offense. When Zags get out and running, they can easily go on a 13-0 run in a matter of minutes.

I'll say Gonzaga by 15-20 points. In Provo, they might have a chance. Just don't see it being an especially competitive game in Spokane. Sound defense + low possessions is the only way they have a shot.

What’s the spread? BYU played very good against ST Mary’s. Gonzaga on the road is going to be very difficult to win.

BYU. Gonzaga is overrated and is realistically the team that got stroked by Alabama

Was kind of similar to Kentucky playing Duke and Zion a few years ago. It seemed like Mark Pope wanted his team to run with the Zags. Why? Gotta limit those possessions. You can't beat the Zags in a track meet. I can't ever remember a half with so few dribbles in it. Crazy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Was kind of similar to Kentucky playing Duke and Zion a few years ago.
giphy.gif

Gonzaga likely plays BYU two more times. It’s likely that BYU gives them a challenge in one of those games.

In retrospect, I'm kind of blown away by what Gonzaga did the other night. I mean, yes, everyone expected them to win comfortably. I even said 15-20 points in my initial post. But, their performance on offense was jaw-dropping. Dropping a 110 points on a top 20 defense? Remarkable, really.

In retrospect, I'm kind of blown away by what Gonzaga did the other night. I mean, yes, everyone expected them to win comfortably. I even said 15-20 points in my initial post. But, their performance on offense was jaw-dropping. Dropping a 110 points on a top 20 defense? Remarkable, really.
Meh, not as impressive as dropping 107 on the #2 defense (while taking the foot off the gas with about 10 mins to go). 😆 😎

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT