1st question for the new Mod

Discussion in 'College Baseball Clubhouse' started by gilligan19, Jul 23, 2016.

1. gilligan19

gilligan19 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

how are teams doing in recruiting as in the top 25 teams?

2. TheRoosterGuru

TheRoosterGuru Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Well we're moderators, not journalists. Yahoo decided to do away with the baseball site entirely. Luckily, we still have this message board. As far as South Carolina, we just signed another top 5 class. I want to say it was #1 or #2 in the nation, but I could be wrong. Carlos Cortes is the highest ranked player to ever come and play for South Carolina that did not sign with a ML team. Rizzo and Polak are already projected starters. Those three gems are the real deal, especially if they're starting over upper classmen that start on an SEC East Champion/Super Regional host South Carolina team that finished in the top 15.

3. gilligan19

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

didn't mean to imply you were journalists, just hoping you would know of a site that lists the class rankings and some info on recruits? since Rivals does not have a recruiting board hopefully that info would be available

4. TheRoosterGuru

TheRoosterGuru Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Oh my bad, I misunderstood. Well the guys who used to run the baseball site here on rivals started their own baseball site. Check out perfectgame.com

5. gilligan19

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

no problem, thanks for the info will check it out this afternoon

TheRoosterGuru likes this.
  6. Flux2Flux

Flux2Flux Peoples Champ
    Expand Collapse

All the top 25?

I'm not sure. I have been keeping an eye on Vandy, so I can comment to how they are doing..

I will try and find something and get it posted. I'm sure there is something out there we can find, to help our users....

Toadman005Alabama likes this.
  7. gilligan19

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

found one site that listed the top 10 players after that you had to be a premium member to see anymore, to bad too as they rate 1000 players,

me I am looking for Iowa recruits, and need to learn what their ranking mean, Iowa has 5 commits with a 4.4 avg rating,

since they hired Heller he has taken IA to the brink of a BT Championship 2 regional in 3 seasons, not bad for program that was at the bottom of the BT.

since you know more about baseball just how good is a 4.4 rating?

8. PokesMSU-WalkingBoss

PokesMSU-WalkingBoss Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

9. gilligan19

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

10. PokesMSU-WalkingBoss

Expand Collapse

Not a problem

11. PokesMSU-WalkingBoss

Expand Collapse

12. gilligan19

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

thanks for all the help, just one more question. when does this class sign their LOI's?

13. PokesMSU-WalkingBoss

Expand Collapse

14. basement bias

basement bias Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What is the rule on when college players can go pro? You can skip college I know, but when you play college, what is the rule? Are you stuck for all 4 years or just 1? Is it 2 or 3?

15. PokesMSU-WalkingBoss

Expand Collapse

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...es.jsp&usg=AFQjCNGFuOUg3YC5z2fTvqixlRFiNsKcuw
    Official Rules

The Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft is held every year in June by conference call among the 30 Major League Clubs. The Clubs take turns selecting players in reverse order of their won-lost records at the close of the previous regular season. The order of selection is without regard to League.
    The Major League Rules govern which players are eligible for selection in the Draft. These Rules are detailed, but the basic eligibility criteria can be described as follows: Generally, a player is eligible for selection if the player is a resident of the United States or Canada and the player has never before signed a Major League or Minor League contract. Residents of Puerto Rico and other territories of the United States are eligible for the Draft. Also considered residents are players who enroll in a high school or college in the United States, regardless of where they are from originally.
    Certain groups of players are ineligible for selection, generally because they are still in school. The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are:
    • High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college;
    • College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and
    • Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed
    A Club generally retains the rights to sign a selected player until 11:59 PM (EDT) August 15, or until the player enters, or returns to, a four-year college on a full-time basis. A player who is drafted and does not sign with the Club that selected him may be drafted again at a future year's Draft, so long as the player is eligible for that year's Draft. A Club may not select a player again in a subsequent year, unless the player has consented to the re-selection.
    A player who is eligible to be selected and is passed over by every Club becomes a free agent and may sign with any Club until the player enters, or returns to, a four-year college full-time or enters, or returns to, a junior college.
    This description is a general one and the Major League Rules themselves, not this summary, govern eligibility issues. Players and coaches with questions about particular players are referred to the Baseball Operations Department at the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball.

16. basement bias

basement bias Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!