ADVERTISEMENT

12/30 CBB Aggregate Ranking

JVDBeak'em

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2007
Ok, we're far enough in the year where I can start doing this again.

You must have at least 1 vote in BOTH the AP and Coaches Poll to be eligible.
Then those teams are ranked based on their AP, Coaches, KenPom, Sagarin, NET, BPI & RPI Rankings.
There were 39 teams eligible this week.

1. Kansas (2.4)
2. Duke (2.9)
3. Ohio State (5.3)
4. Gonzaga (7.1)
5. Auburn (8.0)
6. Oregon (8.3)
7. Baylor (9.3)
7. Butler (9.3)
9. Louisville (10.7)
10. San Diego State (11.1)
11. Maryland (11.4)
12. Michigan State (11.6)
13. West Virginia (13.1)
14. Villanova (13.9)
15. Dayton (15.9)
16. Michigan (16.7)
17. Florida State (18.3)
18. Memphis (19.0)
19. Arizona (20.1)
20. Penn State (21.0)
21. Iowa (21.9)
22. Wichita State (23.0)
23. Kentucky (23.3)
24. Marquette (26.3)
25. Colorado (26.9)

Next 5 In: Virginia (27.6), Arkansas (27.9), Purdue (28.0), Xavier (28.6), Saint Mary's (28.6)

RPI is trash and I considered not using it this year. They had Texas Tech last of the 39 eligible teams. However, even if I threw RPI out they still would only be #26. The only team RPI really affected was Michigan, who would have been #13 if I threw it out.
KU and Duke would be tied.

Virginia would actually be 28th instead of 26th without RPI. They are dead last in the NET ranking. They are not Top 25 in any computer polls besides #22 in RPI.

You should never mention the RPI again. Even the creator of it says it’s garbage.

Interesting. I’d consider the polls more trash/ useless than RPI though.

No, the RPI is complete trash. It basically just measures SOS and whether you can beat bad average teams on the road.

NET (the new RPI) is a moderate improvement but still not great. But compared to the RPI it’s a damn miracle.
never knew that the RPI even existed for BB, baseball yes, its the BPI for me.

No, the RPI is complete trash. It basically just measures SOS and whether you can beat bad average teams on the road.

NET (the new RPI) is a moderate improvement but still not great. But compared to the RPI it’s a damn miracle.
It’s at least a metric based on results. Polls just a bunch of know nothing imbeciles drawing names out a hat.

Reactions: TokyoGiantsFan
It’s at least a metric based on results. Polls just a bunch of know nothing imbeciles drawing names out a hat.

1) The RPI is 75% based on who you played and who your opponents played. That’s why it’s trash. It’s not primarily based on results.

2) You can call it drawing names out of a hat if you want, but pollsters put more on results than the RPI

Reactions: ExitFlagger
1) The RPI is 75% based on who you played and who your opponents played. That’s why it’s trash. It’s not primarily based on results.

2) You can call it drawing names out of a hat if you want, but pollsters put more on results than the RPI

Pay these Johnny Come Latelys no mind. They only discovered this sport in March, after all.

I haven't seen all of the good teams yet, but I like the Ducks now that they have Dante. Best shot Altman has had yet.

The only problem I have with your post is that you think the pollsters put more into it then the rpi. There are guys who literally never watch sports or have their assistant post their picks. One guy a couple years ago wouldn’t put anybody on his list if they hadn’t played a true road game yet...meaning he left the Zion led duke team of his top 25 till almost January.

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT