ADVERTISEMENT

11.07.2022 Misc. Games Thread

We are fvcking loaded
poop-gif-17.gif

I like Onyenso. Hope he gets the backup minutes for Oscar.

Slow start but UK looking good without Oscsr, Wheeler, and Collins.

Wish Toppin would stop taking long fadeaway 2s and the 3 pt defense has to be much better. Other than that I like what I've seen.
I liked what I saw too. Not sure we have what it takes to win it all this year, but this is the oldest team we’ve had in a long time but we still haven’t seen our starting 5 so who knows. We aren’t as soft as recent seasons.

Was disappointed to see Jordan still at UT. I enjoyed watching him last year except against us. I was hoping he went pro.
He is a Sr this year. The transfer Key is is probably going to be our leading scorer. He is a surprise.

So it's November. Spent the day on the beach yesterday. Sitting out on the porch watching CBB and MNF tonight and the mosquitoes are alive and well. 83 yesterday, 85 today. Going to get a tropical storm Friday night/Saturday morning. Really starting to feel like college basketball season.

So it's November. Spent the day on the beach yesterday. Sitting out on the porch watching CBB and MNF tonight and the mosquitoes are alive and well. 83 yesterday, 85 today. Going to get a tropical storm Friday night/Saturday morning. Really starting to feel like college basketball season.
Y'all still have mosquitoes?

Reactions: KisteK
Wilmington obviously isn't going to win. But they've made the game ugly enough to make it respectable.

Wilmington obviously isn't going to win. But they've made the game ugly enough to make it respectable.

Slowed it down and the pressure really bothered UNC. Heels offense and rebounding was pretty awful tbh.

Did Cam Fletcher play? If so, how'd he look? Call me curious.

He played and was one of the bright spots. 9 rebounds, couple of nice shots, and just generally makes things happen. But he’s got a hurt back, hasn’t been able to practice in 3 weeks and is only able to go in spurts right now.

I think he could be a real weapon for us if he could ever string together 2-3 healthy months.

@Visk

Houston has an argument for the best backcourt, sure. Just feel like collectively Baylor has the best trio of shooters/scorers in the country. They're going to spread teams really thin trying to guard all three on the perimeter. Houston is my preseason #1 team, though. If Shead/Mark could shoot a little better from the outside, Houston should be the team to beat in college basketball.

A lot of people are excited about beating the 8th-worst KenPom team, or whoever you played. "Our offense, man. I'm telling you. Watch out! We're a legit Final Four threat!"

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I didn't even know Iowa played last night tbh. I didn't see any highlights and none of the podcasts I listened to about opening night mentioned it. There were a lot of games though so that's understandable.

I'm guessing nobody else watched the Coppin State/Georgetown game last night?

Was a fun game to watch, very high-tempo all the way through. G'town pulled ahead in Overtime. Probably doesn't mean a whole lot playing against Coppin State, but their offense was on point. And Brandon Murray, Primo Spears, and Akok Akok all look like legit starters in a P6 conference. I was surprised by Spears. Super explosive. Might have to watch more Georgetown games just for him.

I'm guessing nobody else watched the Coppin State/Georgetown game last night?

Was a fun game to watch, very high-tempo all the way through. G'town pulled ahead in Overtime. Probably doesn't mean a whole lot playing against Coppin State, but their offense was on point. And Brandon Murray, Primo Spears, and Akok Akok all look like legit starters in a P6 conference. I was surprised by Spears. Super explosive. Might have to watch more Georgetown games just for him.
Great game. Tuned in with about 10 mins of game clock to go.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I feel like Louisville has a chance tonight. Bellarmine is in for a war.

ADVERTISEMENT