ADVERTISEMENT

10-1 ACC

I love this merry go round. It never ends, but it’s funny to watch you repeat the same frivolous arguments while disregarding your teams future seeding. “Moral victory” is very ironic in this case...Laughing

In 10 seasons with Cal, we have made the elite eight or better in 7 of them. I’m not saying we should be favorites by any means, bad loses are bad loses, but no one would be surprised if we made a run. Guards win titles, we have three very good ones.

I love this merry go round. It never ends, but it’s funny to watch you repeat the same frivolous arguments while disregarding your teams future seeding. “Moral victory” is very ironic in this case...Laughing

I'm not into projecting/speculation like you. There are no titles or trophies for rankings or potential seeding. U6 has a lofty record and ranking right now, but looking in to it further it's easy to see it's built on a foundation of sand. The fact of the matter remains.... at the end of the day, your team played mine....and again, your team lost. So you'll have to forgive me for not taking the U6 hype you're here each day trying to get everyone to buy into seriously. Your team is under .500 against good comp. Not a quality you want going into March.

I'm not into projecting/speculation like you. There are no titles or trophies for rankings or potential seeding. U6 has a lofty record and ranking right now, but looking in to it further it's easy to see it's built on a foundation of sand. The fact of the matter remains.... at the end of the day, your team played mine....and again, your team lost. So you'll have to forgive me for not taking the U6 hype you're here each day trying to get everyone to buy into seriously. Your team is under .500 against good comp. Not a quality you want going into March.
Keep downgrading to make yourself feel better. It’s funny. We’re not under 500 against good comp that’s a mere opinion, and a bad one at that. Also, seeding does matter, and if you continue to lose to lesser competition in conference play it will affect your chances at a solid tourney run. Also, I’m not trying to get you to “buy” into anything. Anyone that isn’t a troll or hater (non UK fans) see Louisville as a serious threat this year for a title run.

Last edited:
In 10 seasons with Cal, we have made the elite eight or better in 7 of them. I’m not saying we should be favorites by any means, bad loses are bad loses, but no one would be surprised if we made a run. Guards win titles, we have three very good ones.
That’s understandable, aside from your teams shooting. If Maxey or Quickey can’t provide points..UK is in trouble. I don’t disagree that you couldn’t make a run though, you obv could as could we. I just think it’s funny JC thinks our team isn’t good, when literally everyone in cbb thinks otherwise.

Keep downgrading to make yourself feel better. It’s funny. We’re not under 500 against good comp that’s a mere opinion, and a bad one at that. Also, seeding does matter, and if you continue to lose to lesser competition in conference play it will affect your chances at a solid tourney run. Also, I’m not trying to get you to “buy” into anything. Anyone that isn’t a troll or hater (non UK fans) see Louisville as a serious threat this year for a title run.

E8 at best. Any team running Ryan McMahon out there as much as they do is playing 4 vs 5. Your team isn't the level of 'threat' you think it is. As far as the 'good comp' your team has played, Miami (2x), Pitt (2x), BC, Georgia Tech, Wake, Clemson, NC State, ND, Akron, WKU, EKU, Indiana St., NC Central, Miami, OH, USC Upstate.... none of those qualify as 'good comp'. As stated before, you're sub .500 against good comp.

That’s understandable, aside from your teams shooting. If Maxey or Quickey can’t provide points..UK is in trouble. I don’t disagree that you couldn’t make a run though, you obv could as could we. I just think it’s funny JC thinks our team isn’t good, when literally everyone in cbb thinks otherwise.

I told you if U6 beat UK this year, I'd say they were 'good'. They didn't.

But you’re saying UL is not good because they have mostly feasted on scrubs and lost to the best comp they played. So...are your wins really better if UL isn’t any good?
His answer should be fascinating, but he’ll just continue to deflect and spin..per usual.

I'm not going to undersell Louisville at all. They have a great shot. Problem is, this year, I think 10 - 12 teams are all pretty close as far as odds.

Reactions: GE Nole
But you’re saying UL is not good because they have mostly feasted on scrubs and lost to the best comp they played. So...are your wins really better if UL isn’t any good?

Mich St., U6 and Texas Tech are the best wins on the resume right now for UK. U6's best wins are against Dook and a downward sliding Michigan team. The rest of their record is padded with chumps. They're not what '86 is trying to sell you.

E8 at best. Any team running Ryan McMahon out there as much as they do is playing 4 vs 5. Your team isn't the level of 'threat' you think it is. As far as the 'good comp' your team has played, Miami (2x), Pitt (2x), BC, Georgia Tech, Wake, Clemson, NC State, ND, Akron, WKU, EKU, Indiana St., NC Central, Miami, OH, USC Upstate.... none of those qualify as 'good comp'. As stated before, you're sub .500 against good comp.
McMahon has been playing a lot less and doesn’t even start. Dude comes off the bench and shoots 50% from 3. With DJ our backcourt is much more formidable and he only plays 20 mins a game. We’re deep, and talented. I know it’s a tough pill for you to swallow, but the only people agreeing with your notion of “we’re not good” is other uewkay fans.

“Downward sliding Michigan team” as Michigan state loses two in a row to Unranked Wisconsin and Penn State..o_O

Mich St., U6 and Texas Tech are the best wins on the resume right now for UK. U6's best wins are against Dook and a downward sliding Michigan team. The rest of their record is padded with chumps. They're not what '86 is trying to sell you.

But UL isn’t any good. That’s what you keep saying. So how good of a win is it for UK, if they aren’t all that good?

Sounds like UK’s best wins are a decent Texas Tech team and an up and down Michigan State team...

This is good stuff. Now other fans realize the ******ation we deal with on a constant basis.

Yeah, like you predicting a win over UK every year only to be denied once again....OR.... you hyping up U6 all over again when it gets close to March only to be gone after the first weekend...again. Insanity = doing the same thing over and over again, hoping for different results. Good luck with that.:confused:

Yeah, like you predicting a win over UK every year only to be denied once again....OR.... you hyping up U6 all over again when it gets close to March only to be gone after the first weekend...again. Insanity = doing the same thing over and over again, hoping for different results. Good luck with that.:confused:
You’re failing hard iTT. Take a nap.

Also let’s be honest, Michigan State and Michigan are okay but nothing to write home about, and T Tech has lost 8 games. UK has one good win against us, we have a good win against Duke.

Reactions: GE Nole
Also let’s be honest, Michigan State and Michigan are okay but nothing to write home about, and T Tech has lost 8 games. UK has one good win against us, we have a good win against Duke.
Resume's are close if you take away our 2 bad loses. I know that's a lot, just bugs me we couldn't take care of those two bum teams. Could be the difference between a 2 and a 4, whether I like it or not.

Reactions: GE Nole and UL_1986
I'm not going to undersell Louisville at all. They have a great shot. Problem is, this year, I think 10 - 12 teams are all pretty close as far as odds.

I honestly don't think seeding is as important this year as in most. Its ridiculous how the parity is.

Resume's are close if you take away our 2 bad loses. I know that's a lot, just bugs me we couldn't take care of those two bum teams. Could be the difference between a 2 and a 4, whether I like it or not.
That’s pretty much what I’ve been trying to explain to JC the past 2 pages of this thread. The boy don’t listen.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been trying to explain to JC the past 2 pages of this thread. The boy don’t listen.

I hear ya, but you're never gonna win this back and forth with me, 86... especially when you simply don't have facts on your side and continually resort to opinion/speculation/prediction/personal jabs. You can spin all you want, but you're not gaining any traction.

I hear ya, but you're never gonna win this back and forth with me, 86... especially when you simply don't have facts on your side and continually resort to opinion/speculation/prediction/personal jabs. You can spin all you want, but you're not gaining any traction.
You should really take your own advice. Everything you’ve just said is the definition of thick irony, JC.

I mean, he is right though in the sense that U of L has a better resume than us right now. That would be hard to argue against. But you are correct in that we beat them as well. You guys just like talking to each other ;)

Reactions: UL_1986
You should really take your own advice. Everything you’ve just said is the definition of thick irony, JC.

When SCOREBOARD (in many more ways than just UK's last game vs U6) is on my side....the irony is your constant lame attempts to argue.

Me and JC is like peas and carrots.

giphy.gif

But UL isn’t any good. That’s what you keep saying. So how good of a win is it for UK, if they aren’t all that good?

Sounds like UK’s best wins are a decent Texas Tech team and an up and down Michigan State team...
Did he actually say UL wasn’t any good? I didn't see that, I've seen him say repeatedly that Louisville isn't as good as some are saying they are.

Note: I have not read every post in this thread, so I could have missed where he said UofL sucked.

Reactions: JC for 3
ADVERTISEMENT