ADVERTISEMENT

10-1 ACC

Weird, I thought I read some comments in this very thread that stated the sake thing.

Oh yeah, that's right, it was me.

There should be a couple of dudes come along any minute asking for proof after they tell you that you're FOS.

I think most recognize that this is a down season. We'll struggle to get more than 4 teams in the dance. The top three teams are all very elite, and any one of those three could make it to the Final Four. I think you could argue that the ACC's trio might be the best trio of teams in a single conference, outside of the Big XII with Baylor, Kansas, and West Virginia.

Weird, I thought I read some comments in this very thread that stated the sake thing.

Oh yeah, that's right, it was me.

There should be a couple of dudes come along any minute asking for proof after they tell you that you're FOS.

Actually I made that post stating that very thing. And then I also linked to Bart Torvik which had it ACC 4, Pac 5, SEC 6.

I also noted that all three conferences are essentially tied in both and only separated by minuscule margins.

You need to seriously work on your reading comprehension.

I already told you, it has nothing to do with my desire to see the ACC or FSU more highly ranked. I’m capable of being objective. The RPI is just a garbage, outdated metric.

KenPom, like I mentioned above, has the Pac12, SEC, and ACC all essentially even. They are technically ranked Pac 4th, SEC 5th, and ACC 6th, but the ranks are virtual ties.

Bart Torvik, which is a fantastic site full of cool info, has it ACC 4th, Pac 5th, SEC 6th. But again, all three are very close. See the link here: http://barttorvik.com/trank.php?year=2020&conyes=1#

The bottom line is, there’s a clear gap between the top 3 leagues in the country this year and the next 3. But there’s really not much differentiating the SEC and ACC.

And FYI, the RPI has FSU at 7th and Torvik has FSU at 20th. And I would use the Torvik rankings over the RPI 10 out of 10 times.

@kyjeff1 see quoted post above ^^^ just in case you’re curious who said that KenPom had it SEC 5 and ACC 6, while Torvik had it ACC 4 and SEC 6.

I think most recognize that this is a down season. We'll struggle to get more than 4 teams in the dance. The top three teams are all very elite, and any one of those three could make it to the Final Four. I think you could argue that the ACC's trio might be the best trio of teams in a single conference, outside of the Big XII with Baylor, Kansas, and West Virginia.
And I 100% agree. It's the middle and bottom of the ACC that is hurting the conference, where most of the SEC is respectably good. Vanderbilt and Ole Miss being the exceptions.

Reactions: dukedevilz
@kyjeff1 see quoted post above ^^^ just in case you’re curious who said that KenPom had it SEC 5 and ACC 6, while Torvik had it ACC 4 and SEC 6.
I mean, it's just that you guys are going all in when all I said was the ACC is down. I meant it as the conference as a whole. That's not a slight at tge top teams, it's just that the conference is down and you're actually reinforcing what I'm saying.

Actually I made that post stating that very thing. And then I also linked to Bart Torvik which had it ACC 4, Pac 5, SEC 6.

I also noted that all three conferences are essentially tied in both and only separated by minuscule margins.

You need to seriously work on your reading comprehension.
No, I think it's you that has to learn reading comprehension.
Go back to my original post. Nothing in that post called for al this. Nothing. This has gone on much longer than it should have.

Name calling is a whole lot different than me telling you to bring facts OR STFU.

So basically, what you're saying is, you have no facts, so you have to follow option "B". Got it.
You demand “facts”, yet have no facts. You tell me to STFU, then think I’m over line line by calling you a dipshit. Could you be more of a whiney lil b*#€h?

You demand “facts”, yet have no facts. You tell me to STFU, then think I’m over line line by calling you a dipshit. Could you be more of a whiney lil b*#€h?
Are you going to be okay? It seems like you're throwing a temper tantrum.

I'm convinced that you are not of legal age to operate a moped, but I bet you have one anyway.

You're a mess. Maybe come back when your testicals drop.
I’m probably twice your age. You are a whiney child.

No, I think it's you that has to learn reading comprehension.
Go back to my original post. Nothing in that post called for al this. Nothing. This has gone on much longer than it should have.

All of my responses have been about the RPI and your continued referencing of them. Can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m perfectly comfortable saying the ACC and SEC are both bad this year. What I’m not comfortable doing is ever using the RPI as a source of value under any circumstances.

Either start bringing facts, or stfu.

It’s all conjecture and opinion, dipshit.

Y Could you be more of a whiney lil b*#€h?

Are you going to be okay? It seems like you're throwing a temper tantrum.

Did you get a tissue to dry your eyes?

I'm convinced that you are not of legal age to operate a moped, but I bet you have one anyway.

You're a mess. Maybe come back when your testicals drop.

giphy.gif

Surprised the bald spot queer hasn’t tried to flex nut ITT yet. Must still be hurting from that loss against the “refs”.

All of my responses have been about the RPI and your continued referencing of them. Can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m perfectly comfortable saying the ACC and SEC are both bad this year. What I’m not comfortable doing is ever using the RPI as a source of value under any circumstances.
The SEC is bad every year.
It's really not a big deal. I simply made a comment and tried to compliment Louisville in the process, oh well.

The SEC is bad every year.
It's really not a big deal. I simply made a comment and tried to compliment Louisville in the process, oh well.

Still seems like you’re refusing to admit that sourcing the pathetic trash called the RPI isn’t a good look.

Reactions: UL_1986
Still seems like you’re refusing to admit that sourcing the pathetic trash called the RPI isn’t a good look.
No, I really just don't care that much about it, I don't know why you do.

You guys have a good shot to get #12 on Saturday

On another note, that would only be your 2nd win over us since joining the ACC LMAO
Lol, I’m not holding my breath. You guys still have elite defense. If we come out sleepwalking like we did last night against Wake, it’ll be tough to come back. Looking forward to the game though.

Reactions: jhmossy
I'd seriously consider firing Chris Mack if your best team in years can't beat our worst team in years at home.
We’ll have the usuals on our scout board calling to “faaaaaaaarrrrr that sonofeyybeeiitch”

Louisville keeps getting better, with David Johnson and Williamson coming alive, our team is 9 deep. Pretty impressed.

Looks like it’s gonna be Louisville, Duke, FL State competing for the ACC title. Stealing one on the road at FSU will be a tall order.

FSU has only won 60 of their last 63 home games.

Hell uva beat us down 4 with 1.6 seconds left and we’ve lost 9 in a row to them. No way I’m counting it as a for sure win, in fact would not suprise me to see UVA pull out the win. I’d be happy with a split with them, each team winning at home.

Hell uva beat us down 4 with 1.6 seconds left and we’ve lost 9 in a row to them. No way I’m counting it as a for sure win, in fact would not suprise me to see UVA pull out the win. I’d be happy with a split with them, each team winning at home.

We’ve arguably had the better team the last 9 games though. You have the far better team this year so you should realistically expect a sweep. I’ll be absolutely thrilled with a split.

Miami (twice)
Pitt (twice)
ND
Dook***
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Boston College
NC State
Wake Forest

....those are your 11 in conference wins. I'll give ya a star for beating Dook. The rest? Not so much.

Miami (twice)
Pitt (twice)
ND
Dook***
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Boston College
NC State
Wake Forest

....those are your 11 in conference wins. I'll give ya a star for beating Dook. The rest? Not so much.
Yet we’re still 11-1, 20-3 overall, and 5th in the nation. No bad losses like Evansville or South Carolina. We will have a better seed in the tourney.

Yet we’re still 11-1, 20-3 overall, and 5th in the nation. No bad losses like Evansville or South Carolina. We will have a better seed in the tourney.

.....and you'll waste it, as usual. Again.... you're 1-3 against good comp.

sorry, I forget, who were your three losses to?

OT, I can't get this song out my head.

ADVERTISEMENT