ADVERTISEMENT

10-1 ACC

Can't believe you lost to UK.

It’s even better when we’re the highlight of Kentucky’s resume. SmokinSmile

Amazing to see “non” UL fans posting in this thread. Amazing it’s some of the same people that bitch when rival fans post in their favorite team threads.
Weird

When I saw @UL_1986 started this thread, I thought "Wonder how long it will take a UK fan to jump in here?". I opened the thread and it it took 1 post! RollLaugh.

It just takes me back to Another Thread Ruined by a Few Sad UK Fans. We can't avoid each other. Laughing None of us can start a thread without active interference from the other side.

tenor.gif

Reactions: UL_1986
If you're going off the AP poll, this conversation is done, because you obviously don’t get it.
Oh, okay. The top three teams in the ACC are better than any team in the SEC. simple as that. The SEC is extremely mediocre, per usual. It will be fun to watch reality set in for you guys during the tournament.

So, the rating you like, has FSU ranked 20th and the RPI.has them at 7th… do you believe there are 19 teams that are better than FSU? It looks to me like that site is way off. They have their weights off.

I would believe that there might be 6 teams that are better than FSU, not 19.

Yes, I believe there are 10-15 teams better than FSU. Does that mean FSU can’t win any game? Of course not. In this season, the difference between the best team and the 20th best team is minuscule.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
If you're going off the AP poll, this conversation is done, because you obviously don’t get it.

Says the guy who is using the RPI, lol. The RPI literally has no purpose or function in college hoops. It’s not even used by the selection committee anymore.

Oh, okay. The top three teams in the ACC are better than any team in the SEC. simple as that. The SEC is extremely mediocre, per usual. It will be fun to watch reality set in for you guys during the tournament.
What proof do you have? So far, all we have to go on is one head-to-head game.

Who won that btw?

Newsflash, you can't pass opinion off as fact, that's all you have been trying to do. Either start bringing facts, or stfu.

Says the guy who is using the RPI, lol. The RPI literally has no purpose or function in college hoops. It’s not even used by the selection committee anymore.
The RPI is a mathematical formula, AP rankings are just changes made each week based on who won or lost during the previous week.

I feel like I'm arguing with second graders right now.

Yes, I believe there are 10-15 teams better than FSU. Does that mean FSU can’t win any game? Of course not. In this season, the difference between the best team and the 20th best team is minuscule.
Give me your list of teams that you think are better than FSU. Give me your 15 teams that are better. Bet you can't do it.

Who won that btw?

Newsflash, you can't pass opinion off as fact, that's all you have been trying to do. Either start bringing facts, or stfu.

Congrats on the SEC being marginally better than the ACC this year. You're really arguing over who should be the 5th or 6th best conference? Sounds like a worthwhile argument to have.

Also, if you're going by the RPI, Kentucky isn't a top 3 SEC team.

Reactions: UL_1986 and GE Nole
The RPI is a mathematical formula, AP rankings are just changes made each week based on who won or lost during the previous week.

I feel like I'm arguing with second graders right now.

AP voters are using a wide list of mathematical formulas and other factors to make their changes.

KenPom, BPI, Torvik—those are formulas that factor in margin of victory, number of possessions, quality of opponents’ offense and defense, etc. They actually measure how good a basketball team is.

75% of the RPI’s “formula” is the win/loss record of your opponents, and the win/loss record of your opponents’ opponents. It barely even looks at if you won or lost your games, and it doesn’t factor in efficiency or margin of victory at all.

How are you a fan of a basketball school but know so little about the RPI and how advanced metrics work?

Give me your list of teams that you think are better than FSU. Give me your 15 teams that are better. Bet you can't do it.

Duke
Kansas
Gonzaga
Baylor
Dayton
San Diego State
Michigan State
West Virginia
Louisville
Butler
Maryland
Arizona
Seton Hall

That’s 13 off the top of my head. I’d have to look at some stats and records to see if there were a couple more.

Congrats on the SEC being marginally better than the ACC this year. You're really arguing over who should be the 5th or 6th best conference? Sounds like a worthwhile argument to have.

Also, if you're going by the RPI, Kentucky isn't a top 3 SEC team.
Actually, if you were paying attention, you would notice that I'm not the one arguing. I made a statement and a couple dudes are all butthurt over it. They say they aren't, but they certainly are.

Duke
Kansas
Gonzaga
Baylor
Dayton
San Diego State
Michigan State
West Virginia
Louisville
Butler
Maryland
Arizona
Seton Hall

That’s 13 off the top of my head. I’d have to look at some stats and records to see if there were a couple more.
You’re just naming top 15 teams man. FSU is better than most of those teams. Heck, didn't FSU already beat Louisville once?

AP voters are using a wide list of mathematical formulas and other factors to make their changes.

KenPom, BPI, Torvik—those are formulas that factor in margin of victory, number of possessions, quality of opponents’ offense and defense, etc. They actually measure how good a basketball team is.

75% of the RPI’s “formula” is the win/loss record of your opponents, and the win/loss record of your opponents’ opponents. It barely even looks at if you won or lost your games, and it doesn’t factor in efficiency or margin of victory at all.

How are you a fan of a basketball school but know so little about the RPI and how advanced metrics work?
AP voters aren't using any damn formulas. They just look at who lost and who they lost to and they move teams around based on that. There are no formulas to that. They literally vote. Hilarious

Who won that btw?

What freaking proof do you have? It’s all conjecture and opinion, dipshit. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy watching that overrated UK team lose in the round of 32.

Oh, and head-to-head? Well then, Evansville, Utah, Ohio State, South Carolina, and Auburn are all obviously better teams than Kentucky.

Reactions: jhmossy
AP voters aren't using any damn formulas. They just look at who lost and who they lost to and they move teams around based on that. There are no formulas to that. They literally vote. Hilarious

So AP voters aren’t looking at sites like KenPom? Lol.

And even if that’s the case, at least they are basing decisions on wins, losses, and margins of defeat and victory. That might not be ideal but it’s still better than what the RPI factors in.

You’re just naming top 15 teams man. FSU is better than most of those teams. Heck, didn't FSU already beat Louisville once?

So any head to head win is absolute in that it means the winner is better? Stephen F Austin is better than Duke? Evansville is better than UK? West Virginia was better than UK the year they beat UK in the elite 8?

What freaking proof do you have? It’s all conjecture and opinion, dipshit. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy watching that overrated UK team lose in the round of 32.

Oh, and head-to-head? Well then, Evansville, Utah, Ohio State, South Carolina, and Auburn are all obviously better teams than Kentucky.
Have fun being banned. Totally uncalled for comment. You're getting triggered over a simple conversation.

Secondly, I have literally posted my proof in several posts. Are you blind?

Maybe you should take a few days off. Me saying the ACC is down, shouldn't trigger someone this bad.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
So AP voters aren’t looking at sites like KenPom? Lol.

And even if that’s the case, at least they are basing decisions on wins, losses, and margins of defeat and victory. That might not be ideal but it’s still better than what the RPI factors in.
Well, they're using the eye test. Which, to me, is the best way to decide who the best teams are, as long as the ones doing the judging understand what good basketball is.

So any head to head win is absolute in that it means the winner is better? Stephen F Austin is better than Duke? Evansville is better than UK? West Virginia was better than UK the year they beat UK in the elite 8?
All I said was it was the only head to head between the top teams for both conferences.

Man, you ACC guys REALLY hate it when someone dares to say something that isn't pumping sunshine when talking about the ACC.

My God, this train is going way off course, one true statement and you guys go nuts.

All I said was it was the only head to head between the top teams for both conferences.

Man, you ACC guys REALLY hate it when someone dares to say something that isn't pumping sunshine when talking about the ACC.

My God, this train is going way off course, one true statement and you guys go nuts.

Answer the questions. My comment was that UL is better than FSU. You then stated that FSU beat UL head to head. None of that has anything to do with the ACC being down (which it is).

Point blank question: does a head to head win automatically mean the winner is a better team than the loser?

Reactions: UL_1986
Answer the questions. My comment was that UL is better than FSU. You then stated that FSU beat UL head to head. None of that has anything to do with the ACC being down (which it is).

Point blank question: does a head to head win automatically mean the winner is a better team than the loser?
Last statement most UK fans won’t be able to answer genuinely, because deep down they know U of L is better than them this year.

Yep, the Big 10 is the only decent conference this year and they don't even have a top 10 team.

The Big East lacks a truly elite team, but their depth is very solid. They could have 3 or 4 second weekend teams.

Dang, didn't realize the ACC was so terrible this year. Louisville is 10-1? LOLZ
I didn't realize saying such a thing would create such an uproar. I went back and checked my posts, I thought maybe I said something about somebody's momma. Sheesh.

The Big East lacks a truly elite team, but their depth is very solid. They could have 3 or 4 second weekend teams.
Yeah, BE is probably the best from top to bottom. Not a single team in that conference is an automatic win.

Reactions: GE Nole

No, it doesn't.

My God, you guys are pretty pathetic with this. You're going nuts because I stated that the ACC is down. I didn't realize it would cause so many to become butthurt.

Last statement most UK fans won’t be able to answer genuinely, because deep down they know U of L is better than them this year.
No, I don't believe UofL is better. I think if the two teams played, it would come down to the last possession.

No, it doesn't.

My God, you guys are pretty pathetic with this. You're going nuts because I stated that the ACC is down. I didn't realize it would cause so many to become butthurt.

I have agreed with you that the ACC is way down in nearly every post. I have no clue what you’re talking about. My comments to you have been about how garbage the RPI is and that FSU isn’t, IMO a top 6 team. Somehow you seem incapable of answering my questions to you about the RPI compared to much better ranking systems.

I’m not sure why you keep talking about people going nuts about the ACC being down. It’s weird. The ACC is down. It’s essentially even with the SEC this year. That’s waaayyyyyy down for the ACC.

I have agreed with you that the ACC is way down in nearly every post. I have no clue what you’re talking about. My comments to you have been about how garbage the RPI is and that FSU isn’t, IMO a top 6 team. Somehow you seem incapable of answering my questions to you about the RPI compared to much better ranking systems.

I’m not sure why you keep talking about people going nuts about the ACC being down. It’s weird. The ACC is down. It’s essentially even with the SEC this year. That’s waaayyyyyy down for the ACC.

Just through our first turn in league this year, yes it is obvious the ACC is down; there is no apparent middle class as it seems equally as mediocre about 4 down to 12. Whether the ACC is down is immaterial to the fact in my estimation you can throw your chest out and proclaim your league superior now all you want regardless of what league you follow, but when Selection Sunday rolls around don't piss and moan when you find Florida State, Duke or Louisville in your Regional and claim you were under seeded. From what I've seen of Duke since we beat them in Cameron they have the look of a team poised to breakout and threaten to be a number one seed. Each of the Top 3 in the ACC goes 9 deep, and each has quality in the post. FSU probably doesn't have quite the perimeter firepower of Louisville or Duke, but they run a lot of live bodies on the floor that can guard and are a bitch to score on in the post.

Have fun being banned. Totally uncalled for comment. You're getting triggered over a simple conversation.

Secondly, I have literally posted my proof in several posts. Are you blind?

Maybe you should take a few days off. Me saying the ACC is down, shouldn't trigger someone this bad.
You told me to STFU, yet I’m the one who’s making uncalled for comments? Give me a break, snowflake.

You have provided zero proof of anything. One guys computer ranking aren’t proof of which team and/or conference is better. It’s all conjecture and opinion. I’m sorry you’re so upset over this though.

Just through our first turn in league this year, yes it is obvious the ACC is down; there is no apparent middle class as it seems equally as mediocre about 4 down to 12. Whether the ACC is down is immaterial to the fact in my estimation you can throw your chest out and proclaim your league superior now all you want regardless of what league you follow, but when Selection Sunday rolls around don't piss and moan when you find Florida State, Duke or Louisville in your Regional and claim you were under seeded. From what I've seen of Duke since we beat them in Cameron they have the look of a team poised to breakout and threaten to be a number one seed. Each of the Top 3 in the ACC goes 9 deep, and each has quality in the post. FSU probably doesn't have quite the perimeter firepower of Louisville or Duke, but they run a lot of live bodies on the floor that can guard and are a bitch to score on in the post.

I think you might have quoted the wrong post. Why would I piss and moan when FSU is given a good seed?

Reactions: jhmossy
I think you might have quoted the wrong post. Why would I piss and moan when FSU is given a good seed?

I wasn't saying that about you...I was amplifying in some ways on what you were saying but adding that the classic message board poster champions League A that I am in is superior to League B which you are in, then turns around on Selection Sunday and bemoans that their path is blocked by a team in League B.

Reactions: GE Nole
ACC is now the 6th highest rated conference according to KenPom. Pac-12 is 4th, and the SEC is 5th. Sad.

Bracket Matrix currently has 4 ACC teams in. UVA is the second to last team in the dance. Virginia actually has 5 Quad 1 games remaining. So they at least have several opportunities to improve their position.

ACC is now the 6th highest rated conference according to KenPom. Pac-12 is 4th, and the SEC is 5th. Sad.

Bracket Matrix currently has 4 ACC teams in. UVA is the second to last team in the dance. Virginia actually has 5 Quad 1 games remaining. So they at least have several opportunities to improve their position.

I think we need to win at least 1 out of the 3 games vs. Duke and Louisville to pair with our FSU win. Finishing top 4 in the ACC would also be really good if we don't get many more Quad 1 wins. It would also be great if BC could become a Quad 2 loss.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Weird, I thought I read some comments in this very thread that stated the same thing.

Oh yeah, that's right, it was me.

There should be a couple of dudes come along any minute asking for proof after they tell you that you're FOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
You told me to STFU, yet I’m the one who’s making uncalled for comments? Give me a break, snowflake.

You have provided zero proof of anything. One guys computer ranking aren’t proof of which team and/or conference is better. It’s all conjecture and opinion. I’m sorry you’re so upset over this though.
Name calling is a whole lot different than me telling you to bring facts OR STFU.

So basically, what you're saying is, you have no facts, so you have to follow option "B". Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT