ADVERTISEMENT

10-1 ACC

UL_1986

Sep 13, 2018
Louisville keeps getting better, with David Johnson and Williamson coming alive, our team is 9 deep. Pretty impressed.

Looks like it’s gonna be Louisville, Duke, FL State competing for the ACC title. Stealing one on the road at FSU will be a tall order.

I can't believe how down the ACC is. Only 4 or 5 are going to get in.

I'm not knocking UofL's accomplishments, they are rounding the corner and the win at Duke was telling, but it's just weird seeing the ACC ranked behind the SEC. And the SEC really isn’t any good beyond UK, LSU and Auburn.

Reactions: UL_1986
Louisville keeps getting better, with David Johnson and Williamson coming alive, our team is 9 deep. Pretty impressed.

Looks like it’s gonna be Louisville, Duke, FL State competing for the ACC title. Stealing one on the road at FSU will be a tall order.

FSU looked a lot better today. Complete game, no last minute win needed. On the road vs a desperate VT.

I'm not knocking UofL's accomplishments, they are rounding the corner and the win at Duke was telling, but it's just weird seeing the ACC ranked behind the SEC. And the SEC really isn’t any good beyond UK, LSU and Auburn.
The ACC is still better than the SEC. They both only have three ranked teams. All three of the ACC’s ranked teams are in the top 10. The SEC’s are in the teens and twenties.

UofL had 11 free throw attempts.
NC State had 17 FTAs.

Personal fouls
UofL 18
NC State 15.

You overcome the refs SmokinSmile

tenor.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan

ACC ranked behind the SEC?

The ACC is still better than the SEC. They both only have three ranked teams. All three of the ACC’s ranked teams are in the top 10. The SEC’s are in the teens and twenties.
You can't just go by the top 25. Those teams aren't playing the same schedules. I didn't think I had to explain that.
Also, they are predicting 5-6 SEC teams in the NCAAT, but only 4-5 ACC teams.

They are dead even in this ranking here, but see above. More SEC teams are predicted to be in the tournament.
Plus, every expert out there puts the SEC ahead of the ACC this year. I know that won't sit well with you ACC guys, but it is what it is.

NCAA College Basketball RPI Rankings (updated today)
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/rpi-ranking/rpi-rating-by-conf

Here is the real time RPI rankings.
Don't shoot the messenger. Sorry fellas. I know it stings.
RealTimeRPI.com Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet
http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

RealTimeRPI.com Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

The RPI is a worthless piece of junk. There is literally no reason to quote it as a source. It’s easily manipulated and even the creator of it says it has outlived its purpose.

Now, having said that, the ACC and SEC are essentially dead even on KenPom and some other respected metrics. The ACC seems to have slipped a tad from a couple weeks ago.

Every ACC guy will tell you the league is down this year. Hell, we were saying it coming into the year. But the SEC really isn’t any better. Both leagues are a clear step or two below the Big 10, Big 12, and Big East this season.

Eh, I think the top three teams in the ACC are better than the best SEC team. And yes, I know UK beat UL at Rupp. I still think UL is better. They shot uncharacteristically bad from the free throw line. If those teams play at a neutral site ten times, UL wins 6.

I’m guessing there will be multiple ACC teams still alive in the NCAA tournament after all SEC have been eliminated.

Definitely playing lights out right now.
Amazing to see “non” UL fans posting in this thread. Amazing it’s some of the same people that bitch when rival fans post in their favorite team threads.
Weird

Eh, I think the top three teams in the ACC are better than the best SEC team. And yes, I know UK beat UL at Rupp. I still think UL is better. They shot uncharacteristically bad from the free throw line. If those teams play at a neutral site ten times, UL wins 6.

I’m guessing there will be multiple ACC teams still alive in the NCAA tournament after all SEC have been eliminated.
So your opinion that UL might win 6 out of 10 on a neutral court is just that, an opinion. UK has better guards and a better center. In my opinion, UK would win 6 out of 10. See how that works?

But it's like me saying that UK is better, because they beat Texas Tech in Lubbock, and TT beat UL easily in MSG, so therefore, UK is better.

You can speculate all you want, but the fact remains, the SEC is projected to get more teams in, so that tells me that the SEC is slightly better.

The RPI is a worthless piece of junk. There is literally no reason to quote it as a source. It’s easily manipulated and even the creator of it says it has outlived its purpose.

Now, having said that, the ACC and SEC are essentially dead even on KenPom and some other respected metrics. The ACC seems to have slipped a tad from a couple weeks ago.

Every ACC guy will tell you the league is down this year. Hell, we were saying it coming into the year. But the SEC really isn’t any better. Both leagues are a clear step or two below the Big 10, Big 12, and Big East this season.
The RPI wasn’t worthless until now. Now that it shows numbers that you don't like, it's worthless. How convenient.

So your opinion that UL might win 6 out of 10 on a neutral court is just that, an opinion. UK has better guards and a better center. In my opinion, UK would win 6 out of 10. See how that works?

But it's like me saying that UK is better, because they beat Texas Tech in Lubbock, and TT beat UL easily in MSG, so therefore, UK is better.

You can speculate all you want, but the fact remains, the SEC is projected to get more teams in, so that tells me that the SEC is slightly better.
The SEC has zero teams that will make it to the elite eight. UK won’t make it past the Sweet 16. Yes, it is my opinion that Louisville is a better team and Louisville will fare better in the tournament. The SEC is nothing but mediocrity from top to bottom. I’m sorry that my opinion hurts your feelings. Wait, no I’m not.

That’s great and all but you do understand that the ACC is down this year right? UL is a good team but the ACC isn’t what it usually is.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Definitely playing lights out right now.
Amazing to see “non” UL fans posting in this thread. Amazing it’s some of the same people that bitch when rival fans post in their favorite team threads.
Weird
that's a very victim like thing to say. Are you a victim? do you feel like a victim?

Reactions: Scotty00
The SEC has zero teams that will make it to the elite eight. UK won’t make it past the Sweet 16. Yes, it is my opinion that Louisville is a better team and Louisville will fare better in the tournament. The SEC is nothing but mediocrity from top to bottom. I’m sorry that my opinion hurts your feelings. Wait, no I’m not.
I'm just grateful we actually played a game and have that to fall back on. cool opinion though. Thanks for sharing.

The RPI wasn’t worthless until now. Now that it shows numbers that you don't like, it's worthless. How convenient.

Wrong. I’ve been dismissing the RPI on this board for years. There have been dozens of articles written about how poor of an overall metric it is. Go look at the threads where the poster does a great job of averaging all the rankings. I’ve noted in there how the RPI should be tossed out. Hell, the NCAA doesn’t even use the RPI anymore.

And by the way, FSU is 7th in the RPI. It’s still a piece of junk and I would trust something that says FSU was 20th more than that.

Wrong. I’ve been dismissing the RPI on this board for years. There have been dozens of articles written about how poor of an overall metric it is. Go look at the threads where the poster does a great job of averaging all the rankings. I’ve noted in there how the RPI should be tossed out. Hell, the NCAA doesn’t even use the RPI anymore.

And by the way, FSU is 7th in the RPI. It’s still a piece of junk and I would trust something that says FSU was 20th more than that.
Then show me a metric that puts the ACC ahead of the SEC. You can't just shoot down the facts I gave you, then provide nothing to back up your opinion.

I don't care that YOU don’t like RPI, but it is a mathematical formula, you don't have to like it, but I suspect you would if it showed the results you liked.

Our guard play is night and day better from late December. I think we’d honestly win 6-7/10 against the kitties.

Lets be honest, the SEC has zero teams that you WANT to bow out before the Elite 8, but guess what, you're wants and desires aren't facts. I provided facts, you provided opinions.
Show me a metric that puts the ACC ahead of the SEC. That's all I was saying. You guys are getting all butthurt because the truth hurts.
SEC>ACC. It is what it is.

Our guard play is night and day better from late December. I think we’d honestly win 6-7/10 against the kitties.
I disagree. Our guard play is better too, our center is also better.

I disagree. Our guard play is better too, our center is also better.
Malik wasn’t 100 during that game and he’s stepped up big time. I counter your disagreement with a disagreement. We win by 8-12 on a neutral court today. David Johnson is the X factor for us. A 6’5 point guard with good handles, good shot and goes North to south with great court vision, and gets everyone involved. He’s transformed this team.

Malik wasn’t 100 during that game and he’s stepped up big time. I counter your disagreement with a disagreement. We win by 8-12 on a neutral court today. David Johnson is the X factor for us. A 6’5 point guard with good handles, good shot and goes North to south with great court vision, and gets everyone involved. He’s transformed this team.
Well, maybe we'll get to see who would win here soon.

Louisville has improved getting contributions from more players now than they were earlier in the year. Rotations have changed significantly.

Boy, you really got us with that one!Laughing

Then show me a metric that puts the ACC ahead of the SEC. You can't just shoot down the facts I gave you, then provide nothing to back up your opinion.

I don't care that YOU don’t like RPI, but it is a mathematical formula, you don't have to like it, but I suspect you would if it showed the results you liked.

I already told you, it has nothing to do with my desire to see the ACC or FSU more highly ranked. I’m capable of being objective. The RPI is just a garbage, outdated metric.

KenPom, like I mentioned above, has the Pac12, SEC, and ACC all essentially even. They are technically ranked Pac 4th, SEC 5th, and ACC 6th, but the ranks are virtual ties.

Bart Torvik, which is a fantastic site full of cool info, has it ACC 4th, Pac 5th, SEC 6th. But again, all three are very close. See the link here: http://barttorvik.com/trank.php?year=2020&conyes=1#

The bottom line is, there’s a clear gap between the top 3 leagues in the country this year and the next 3. But there’s really not much differentiating the SEC and ACC.

And FYI, the RPI has FSU at 7th and Torvik has FSU at 20th. And I would use the Torvik rankings over the RPI 10 out of 10 times.

Reactions: UL_1986 and jhmossy
Lets be honest, the SEC has zero teams that you WANT to bow out before the Elite 8, but guess what, you're wants and desires aren't facts. I provided facts, you provided opinions.
Show me a metric that puts the ACC ahead of the SEC. That's all I was saying. You guys are getting all butthurt because the truth hurts.
SEC>ACC. It is what it is.
Okay, look at the AP poll and tell me where teams are ranked from each conference. The SEC is nothing but mediocrity. UK is living off the name on it’s jersey.

I already told you, it has nothing to do with my desire to see the ACC or FSU more highly ranked. I’m capable of being objective. The RPI is just a garbage, outdated metric.

KenPom, like I mentioned above, has the Pac12, SEC, and ACC all essentially even. They are technically ranked Pac 4th, SEC 5th, and ACC 6th, but the ranks are virtual ties.

Bart Torvik, which is a fantastic site full of cool info, has it ACC 4th, Pac 5th, SEC 6th. But again, all three are very close. See the link here: http://barttorvik.com/trank.php?year=2020&conyes=1#

The bottom line is, there’s a clear gap between the top 3 leagues in the country this year and the next 3. But there’s really not much differentiating the SEC and ACC.

And FYI, the RPI has FSU at 7th and Torvik has FSU at 20th. And I would use the Torvik rankings over the RPI 10 out of 10 times.
So, the rating you like, has FSU ranked 20th and the RPI.has them at 7th… do you believe there are 19 teams that are better than FSU? It looks to me like that site is way off. They have their weights off.

I would believe that there might be 6 teams that are better than FSU, not 19.

Okay, look at the AP poll and tell me where teams are ranked from each conference. The SEC is nothing but mediocrity. UK is living off the name on it’s jersey.
If you're going off the AP poll, this conversation is done, because you obviously don’t get it.

ADVERTISEMENT