ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Draft Pick for A.D.?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Seeing some longshot scenario discussions play out that the Knicks could trade their unprotected #1 pick in the upcoming draft for Anthony Davis (and some other players).

Should they do it?

If I'm NO, I shop him for the best possible deal at this point. At least AD told them he wasn't going to sign early, that way they can get something for him. Just see what team will offer you the most.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You would have to be a moron - which, Dolan is - to trade heavy on that contract with no guarantee of extension.

Boston is the only spot that could potentially convince him to stay, but I doubt they’d want to take the risk.

He’s going to LA to play with Bron, and will probably take a haircut once he gets there.

Gonna go to LA and set up shop in the corner shooting threes just like Kevin love

Boston has quite a few 1st Round picks between the Grizzlies, Kings, and Clippers. I'm sure they could package some picks in with a few players. Hayward and Horford both have bloated contracts (gotta think NO would much rather have Horford). I'm sure Ainge would part ways with some combination of players and picks if he could be certain that he'd have AD for multiple years.

Seeing some longshot scenario discussions play out that the Knicks could trade their unprotected #1 pick in the upcoming draft for Anthony Davis (and some other players).

Should they do it?

Hell no. AD has been in NO for years and they've made the playoffs, once with him? Twice? He can't stay healthy.

NY would be better off just drafting RJ Barrett.

Looks like the Lakers and Lebron want him. If that falls through, he probably will sign with the Celtics in the summer per ESPN...

AD's injuries is more due to the style he plays and being way overused in NO, versus just being prone to injuries. If the Knicks have a chance at him, and if AD wants to go there, his 29 pts 13 rebs a game would be an extremely bad pass for Barrett.

There was a great running back that was injured just due to the way he ran, Gale Sayers.

Its about damn time... its been shitty to have such a supremely talented guy in such a dead end organization.

Nice to see Jah doing so well down in NO, btw... last few games have been strong. After writing him off as a bust, could he be turning it around?

He would be welcome with open arms in Boston. The cost and timing here are going to be interesting. I don’t see him being in Boston until this summer, if at all.

He would be welcome with open arms in Boston. The cost and timing here are going to be interesting. I don’t see him being in Boston until this summer, if at all.
I can just feel the NBA media shifting from west coast back to east coast with everytime AD to Boston is mentioned.

I can just feel the NBA media shifting from west coast back to east coast with everytime AD to Boston is mentioned.
For almost two years now it’s been a thing. If AD ends up in Boston, it will be because he signed an extension. It hasn’t been Ainge and ownerships pattern to let assets and young players go for rentals lately.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not sure AD would go to NY if he really wants to be on a contender. Lakers

Hell no. AD has been in NO for years and they've made the playoffs, once with him? Twice? He can't stay healthy.

NY would be better off just drafting RJ Barrett.
In his defense, he has to play his ass off and take risks of getting hurt all the time because his team blows. His agent is rich Paul which is also LeBrons agent and best friend. Guaranteed ball, Ingram, and draft picks will be involved. They want to get rid of ball ASAP. It’s a shame because it will still be lebrons team even the Davis is the best pf in the league and they need to make sure he gets his every night also. Boston would be a much better place for him but they would have to part ways with Irving and his contract which I’m sure Boston would have no problem doing so

Not sure AD would go to NY if he really wants to be on a contender. Lakers
He’s going to get to pick where he wants to go and it’s either la or Boston. He’s been loyal to the pelicans a lot longer than most would of been. He’s the best overall big in the league and I can’t wait to see him playing for a competitor finally

Your GM calling LeBron Trump like pretty much kills AD staying in Boston considering who he's represented by.

For the record unless they had a guarantee he was staying I think it would be dumb to trade the #1 pick (aka Zion) for one year of AD. If you got an extension? Absolutely.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not a Knicks fan and not even sure if the money works out but now does this sound if he is willing to sign an extension? First round pick this year, Porzingis, Trier and Robinson for AD then sign Kyrie

Boston might offer: Kings and Grizzlies picks plus Tatum and Brown for AD.

They should wait for Kyrie to resign before they do anything though. Don’t want to get AD but lose Kyrie, Tatum, Brown and picks

LA might offer: 2 first round picks plus Kuzma, Ingram, KCP, and Zubac

There's a silly rule in the cba that teams can't have traded for two players on the rookie max deal (Kyrie and AD both fall into this category) so Boston would have to wait until 7/1 to trade for him. At that point Kyrie could re-sign and then they could trade for AD

ADVERTISEMENT