ADVERTISEMENT

#1 #2 #4 all lost yesterday

6m3cHU2.gif

* down year.... WAYYYYYYYYYYYY DOWN. Like @jhmossy said, this year's champion will be the worst ever.

First off, no champion could be weaker than 2014 UConn.

KU has a higher Kenpom rating than a number of recent champions right now, and that number would probably go up considerably if they won it all.

Reactions: KUhawks34
First off, no champion could be weaker than 2014 UConn.

KU has a higher Kenpom rating than a number of recent champions right now, and that number would probably go up considerably if they won it all.
Worst in the sense of not being earned, riding the gravy train to a title. This year's NCAAT will be on par with the NIT most years. But, since we know Kansas won't win, I guess we won't have to worry either way! :D

Worst in the sense of not being earned, riding the gravy train to a title. This year's NCAAT will be on par with the NIT most years. But, since we know Kansas won't win, I guess we won't have to worry either way! :D

If the landscape were as bad as you describe, shouldn’t Calipari be dominating it with the combination of talent and experience on his roster?

If the landscape were as bad as you describe, shouldn’t Calipari be dominating it with the combination of talent and experience on his roster?
No, because Kentucky is right in the middle of the mediocre mix. I bet he would kill for a senior Azubuike though! Dude is a beast.

No, because Kentucky is right in the middle of the mediocre mix. I bet he would kill for a senior Azubuike though! Dude is a beast.

Many Kentucky fans would claim that Richards is better.

But seriously, with Richards emerging as a top big man, what else does he need to excel vs a weak field?

Many Kentucky fans would claim that Richards is better.

But seriously, with Richards emerging as a top big man, what else does he need to excel vs a weak field?
Like many Kansas fans claimed Robinson was better than Anthony Davis? Laughing It's funny that you are always ripping an entire fan base as if Kansas fans don't do say the same things. The minorities in every fan base are always the idiots that are the most vocal. But, to answer your question condescending question: mostly consistent point guard play from a highly inconsistent, turnover prone, and terrible shooting Ashton Hagans. Richards also can't do it all himself and the only other bigs they have are Sestina and Montgomery, who you usually don't even notice are on the court unless they are screwing up (Montgomery has been better lately). Sestina is good for a 3 every now and then, other than that he can't do anything and is a huge liability on defense. Get Richards in foul trouble and UK has no inside game at all; scoring, rebouding, or blocking.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Like many Kansas fans claimed Robinson was better than Anthony Davis? Laughing It's funny that you are always ripping an entire fan base as if Kansas fans don't do say the same things. The minorities in every fan base are always the idiots that are the most vocal. But, to answer your question condescending question: mostly consistent point guard play from a highly inconsistent, turnover prone, and terrible shooting Ashton Hagans. Richards also can't do it all himself and the only other bigs they have are Sestina and Montgomery, who you usually don't even notice are on the court unless they are screwing up (Montgomery has been better lately). Sestina is good for a 3 every now and then, other than that he can't do anything and is a huge liability on defense. Get Richards in foul trouble and UK has no inside game at all; scoring, rebouding, or blocking.

Ha. First off, very few KU fans said that. Second, he averaged 18 and 12 and carried an otherwise talent-lacking team to the final game. It’s not like anyone compared their NBA potential.

Ha. First off, very few KU fans said that. Second, he averaged 18 and 12 and carried an otherwise talent-lacking team to the final game. It’s not like anyone compared their NBA potential.
In the grand scheme of things, that is probably true. But, as I just stated, the idiot vocal minority always shines through.

* down year.... WAYYYYYYYYYYYY DOWN. Like @jhmossy said, this year's champion will be the worst ever.
Don’t know if this years champion will be the worst ever but due to the absolute uncertainty March Madness will be absolutely riveting.Jmo but there is not a single team that anyone can say that you would put money on to get to the FF

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
In the grand scheme of things, that is probably true. But, as I just stated, the idiot vocal minority always shines through.
Most of the college basketball community said Robinson was the NPOY basically up until around mid-February. Then it became evident that Davis wasn't just an above average one and done but instead he was a generational type player. Everyone knew he was great but he just got better and better throughout the season and Kentucky wouldn't lose. Anybody who was saying Robinson > Davis at the end of the season was just holding out because they were a diehard KU fan.

Collins > Wall

Most of the college basketball community said Robinson was the NPOY basically up until around mid-February. Then it became evident that Davis wasn't just an above average one and done but instead he was a generational type player. Everyone knew he was great but he just got better and better throughout the season and Kentucky wouldn't lose. Anybody who was saying Robinson > Davis at the end of the season was just holding out because they were a diehard KU fan.

Collins > Wall
F you with your spoiler. Laughing

F you with your spoiler. Laughing
That was 10 years ago, buddy. Time goes by quick. There were probably 3 different Kansas vs. Kentucky, Collins vs. Wall type threads a week on here and they would all go 100+ replies. There was a MASS exodus of KU fans after that season. This place was war and then Duke won it all. Lol.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That was 10 years ago, buddy. Time goes by quick. There were probably 3 different Kansas vs. Kentucky, Collins vs. Wall type threads a week on here and they would all go 100+ replies. There was a MASS exodus of KU fans after that season. This place was war and then Duke won it all. Lol.
I know, that is all so crazy to think about! We are growing old on this damn board. The scary part is, the older you get the faster time goes.

Reactions: schoonerwest

Collins > Wall
That was good but the spoiler sucks swamp water.

Because Duke got blown out by NC State and only dropped 1 spot? Winking

Wouldn’t the “worst you’ve ever seen” be like 2015 to today?

Idk. 6 of the top 10 lost and we stayed at 11. I know we played bad teams but we won by like a combined 40. Heck a couple ap voters DROPPED us in their poll after last weeks results. How that’s possible is beyond me. Win tonight and it doesnt matter but still these rankings are beyond bad outside the top 4

Last edited:
Idk. 6 of the top 10 lost and we stayed at 11. I know we played bad teams but we win by like a combined 40. Heck a couple ap voters DROPPED us in their poll after last weeks results. How that’s possible is beyond me. Win tonight and it doesnt matter but still these rankings are beyond bad outside the top 4
Who in the top 10 that lost should Louisville be ahead of, IYO?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT