ADVERTISEMENT

1,100th win by Coach K

Pretty amazing. The fact he just over took a girl speaks volumes.

giphy.gif

Reactions: treyforuk
LEGIT

What's Boeheim at, minus the bullshit sanctions of course?

I dont know. I'm sure he's at or near 1,000 without the sanctions

He's over 1,000. I'm just not sure of the exact number. I could probably get a number from the Cuse board if I cared enough. All I care about is the fact that JB will likely finish his career as the second most winningest coach in D1 NCAA history.

Reactions: Quavarius
Hell of an accomplishment. Congrats to one of the greatest basketball coaches of any generation. Truly a living legend.

Now that’s as far as he goes. He can get # 1,101 next season.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Not surprised you were the first one to derail the thread
By bringing up K passing Summitt. Laughing

That just happened, but I guess we're not allowed to acknowledge his new accomplishment?

Paranoia is not a good look. Re-read my post, I was pointing out his greatness.

If Duke wasn't just Coach K, they'd have a legit shot all time wins.

With UK out of this tournament, Duke is making up ground along with KU.

Kansas is only 20 games back and Duke is only 122.

Closing the distance is all that matters.

Krzyzewski University.
Duke was pretty good before K. They lost to UK in '78 and '66. Since then they still have an overall losing record to UK in both the tournament and regular season. They really have done well playing other teams. If Duke wins this year they pass IU and tie UNC.

But they've been spoiled. Life after K will be a real kick in the nuts.
Duke fans have said over and over, that they're not a one note johnny come lately. I'm sure they can one day win titles with 5 different coaches.

One coach that wins 5 titles, it's the coach.

One program that wins 8 with 5 coaches, it's the program.

They were close with two coaches until the goose gettin loose.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I think someone is stuck on repeat.

I would post a stat over and over, but why bother? We all know it.

Bill Self will probably be the next coach to win 1,000 games amongst the younger coaches.

Bill Self will probably be the next coach to win 1,000 games amongst the younger coaches.
I agree. Self will coach at KU until they kick him out.

Calipari has made it clear he's going to enjoy his twilight years. It's up to UK to find the 6th coach to win a title.

It really is bonkers UK has as many coaches to win a title as IU and Duke does total.

K also tied Dean Smith with 15 Elight Eights, most all-time and a win against Kansas will give him his 13th Final Four, one more than John Wooden and most all-time.

K also tied Dean Smith with 15 Elight Eights, most all-time and a win against Kansas will give him his 13th Final Four, one more than John Wooden and most all-time.

That really speaks on how awesome Wooden was. Was it 10 titles in 12 Final fours?

Top 5 coaches with the most NCAA Tournament wins all time coach or coached in the ACC:

K
Roy
Dean
Boeheim
Pitino

ADVERTISEMENT